Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (63251 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by emmatok(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:
Since he can cook and cooks better, plus he has a more flexible job, why is he making his life more difficult by insisting she cooks because he's the man? See as people make their lives difficult because they want to live by the dictates of the society.

He should cook when he can and when he can't let her know he can't.

I won't totally blame the wife. If she been the type that used to do all that before marriage and the changed after marriage, then I'd blame her. Everyone should endeavor to marry those who share their views on marriage. Not marry them and try to bend them into what you feel they should be. Recipe for friction.

For all the guy knows, she may have married him because of his skills in the kitchen.
That's why you don't marry someone and hope they change overnight.

What they need is compromise.
Both of them should meet each other half way.

Since the wife is here as you said, I suggest she stops dragging her feet because he's always doing it. She should sit up and try too. Nobody appreciates being left to do it all. She should stop taking it for granted.

Are implying the wife delegate the cooking role to her husband?

If i am the man i will start cooking my own food alone, and stop complaining, lets see how the woman will feel.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by broxymall(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
next time i see one of my friend again, the thunder where go strike de do press up

visit my signature and DP
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by otusnorahs(f): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
She shld go home for a few weeks or months to learn how to takia of her kitchen duties n her husbands stomach. Some women sha! Jst too lazy over things dat shldnt cos trouble. She shld go n learn joor.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by zeb04(f): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
nobody likes to be forced into anything talk more of an adult who is probably educated and opinionated.

while growing up, the day my elder bros told me I had to be cooking for him morning afternoon night because I was the girl in the house, I didn't serve him for 3years until I left.

you don't force an adult into doing anything just the way you don't force your hubby to provide setting things.you talk about it peacefully like adults

4 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by babygirlfl: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
Don't start what you cannot finish.

So a man gave a lady an impression that he is ok cooking then married her and started shouting "I am the man" and then try to force her to cook.

If the man wanted a woman that would cook for him, why did he marry one that he knew does not know/want to cook. In the same country where most women would love to cook for him. He should have left her for men who see marriage beyond who cooks and who does not cook.

Well they are both newly weds and would sort themselves out.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by 4stylz: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

A married guy could have said that too.

I know they aren't that many but I know quite a few who don't mind doing the cooking.

Doing which cooking? Girls always looking for equal right but still depend on their husband to give them money for common internet data

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
You wan taste hell on earth be that.

Hell for some people be like paradise to others ooo.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
The woman needs to understand that cooking for her husband will not take anything away from her in fact she should try the cooking and look out for what unfolds in their marriage. If positive, she should continue but if negative they should get a cook.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by guiddoti: 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
ebubey:
martins y did u bring my family issue to a public? u shuld learn how to mind ur biz...n 4 those of u insulting me OYO btw my husband loves to cook n his meals re far better... wat do you expect me to do? intimidate myself
It is you! enter kitchen sharply and cook. grin

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
Employ a very sexy housegirl to do the cooking.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by misspicy(f): 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
kossyablaze:
so na cutehec...u dey mention abi?come 4get me
Lol,sowi sweery,its cox I discussed sumtyn of dis nature wif him.

Btw,wat do u tink abt this type of woman,can u take such frm ur wife?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
Cococandy,freecocoa and every other beverage make una show ,dinner is served.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
She could be doing those cookings while they were courting.Some women be hiding their bad attitude before marriage.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cyprus000: 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
[size=13pt] I really feel sick reading this kind of nonesense.

Baba GOD,which kind generation of women you give us so??.
Please do something.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by misspicy(f): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
zeb04:
nobody likes to be forced into anything talk more of an adult who is probably educated and opinionated.

while growing up, the day my elder bros told me I had to be cooking for him morning afternoon night because i was the girl in the house, I didn't serve him for 3years until I left.

you don't force an adult into doing anything just the way you don't force your hubby to provide setting things.you talk about it peacefully like adults
And you have MALE as ur sex on nairaland.....thesonofmark come see o

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Maybe Mr Gboyegad lives in the west.
That way, he could be married and still have such opinions.
Or he's one of the few who don't live in the west but also share such opinions.

And facts do vary from person to person anyway.
Who made it a fact? someone else can decide that's not the fact for them and we have a right to respect their own opinion.

OP assumed his wife would see it that way.
Hmm. Mistake.

I hope they work it out sha.

In my case, cooking can be done by any party, and growing up, there were some days my dad did the cooking and it never made him less of a man. Expectations were made by men and everyone has a right to which expectations he chooses to live by and which ones he changes.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
he allowed it during courtship....

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by emerged01(m): 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
The girl can cook but she won't cook for the guy. I believe it is a psychological problem. The girl hasn't realise that she is no more single. The mentality of the guy has changed,believe he is now a man,whenever he comes back from work,food should be on the table waiting for him. In this kind of situation, I believe the guy has to make demand until the lady starts you using her brain. it is just a matter of time, they will understand each other.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Holyghostpikin(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
emmatok:

Are implying the wife delegate the cooking role to her husband?
If i am the man i will start cooking my own food alone, and stop complaining, lets see how the woman will feel.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by 4stylz: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
One day all this girl's will give us wrapper to back kids, and wash their clothes self.

This is the reason i tell people; beauty is not every thing; you see fine girl with nice curves and big ass /nice boobs and she is a lion in bed then you marry her.. you will not last

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by 4stylz: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
Gaidenk:
Cococandy,freecocoa and every other beverage make una show ,dinner is served.

See them oo; na so e take dey start; later they will be blaming thier gf .
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
slimmy05:
Woman wrapper. For the dude to nag, it's obvious the wife just spreads her leg like umbrella while he explore all culinary skills just to feed that her watery brain. Oga, don't equate all men like you.

You don't have to resort to name calling to pass your message across. What denotes or conotes my equating all men? We are not the couple in question and it will do us no good insulting them.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Teetosbaby: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Name wa! Oga! Gan.name by force?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by komek(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
They should both grow up.

My friend give advice joor

Women of these days sef. But truely if the babe is contributing financially in the house they can also share responsibilities at home. But if not take her to her parents. She is not useful. Come to Peka at Opebi and choose girls.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
misspicy:

And you have MALE as ur sex on nairaland.....thesonofm.ark come see o

Zeb04 used to have (f) attached to her moniker.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

In my case, cooking can be done by any party, and growing up, there were some days my dad did the cooking and it never made him less of a man. Expectations were made by men and everyone has a right to which expectations he chooses to live by and which ones he changes.
Yea I remember preferring my dads food to my moms when I was small.
He cooked often and it didn't reduce his masculinity too.

My hubby is one of the best cooks I've ever known and he's more man than many I know.
I know a few others too who are like that.

So I agree with you that it can be done by anybody.

Just that this guy wife no wan even try at all. (Judging from the comment) To me that's not totally fair.

@bold is so true. Seems they didn't come to an understanding before tying the knot.
Now they don't have a Choice than to adjust to each other's expectations.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by martyns303(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
emerged01:
The girl can cook but she won't cook for the guy. I believe it is a psychological problem. The girl hasn't realise that she is no more single. The mentality of the guy has changed,believe he is now a man,whenever he comes back from work,food should be on the table waiting for him. In this kind of situation, I believe the guy has to make demand until the lady starts you using her brain. it is just a matter of time, they will understand each other.

Exactly my observation
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
4stylz:
One day all this girl's will give us wrapper to back kids, and wash their clothes self.
And what's wrong with that?

6 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by baby124: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Babies getting married. One runs to discuss his family issues with his friend. Instead of talking to his wife and if possibly escalating it to her mother who can b in the best place to advise her. Rather you talk to a friend that brings it to NL. Anyway I suspect the Op is the husband. Madam wife, you really should cook for your family. As a woman you should ensure your family eat healthy and well balanced meals always, even if your husband is doing the cooking. Appreciate the husband you have and cook. I am sure his type won't have problems helping you with the cooking or cleaning. Marriage is about team work if the couple is willing. Keep outsiders out. Family, friends etc

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
4stylz:

See them oo; na so e take dey start; later they will be blaming thier gf .
Chill. The people I mentioned get the message wink
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by 4stylz: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

And what's wrong with that?

Pls stop quoting me; you are the type our African mothers warned us about

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / Not In Love With My Wife Anymore! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.