Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? (24343 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by ariesbull: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
Pidggin:
All the Deltans I know in real life, even those who speak Igbo fluently, always insist they are not Igbo. There's a very old couple I know, the baba is in his seventies, he simply hates being called Igbo, yet he speaks the language.

That is identity crisis a higher form of stupidity and highest form of inferior complex

Just pity him

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kestolovee95:

why are you trying very hard to educate dunderheads like him. He pretends he doesn't know that there are Igbo in delta and rivers, these are monkeys that even call efiks, ijaws, ibibios, omo ibo Stop educating the yoruba monkey, they have been on their knees begging their allah to create a problem between SE Igbos and "SS" Igbos, Ijaws, ogonis etc since the Eastern bloc voted as one the last election. The north has abandoned them, now they are looking for allies in the south. yorubas are done for in this contraption, God help them.
I think you suffer from delusion of persecution,making you to assume that ANYONE THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT IGBO/BIAFRA ON NAIRALAND MUST BE A YORUBA. FYI YModulus(who opened this thread) is a Hausa/Fulani man from Katsina.
Your assertion that Yorubas are doom in Nigeria reflect the thought of your infantile mind...NO ETHNIC GROUP IS DOOM IN NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2016

Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos?

"Delta Igbos" are Igbos that have their ancestral homes in the Delta.

The OP went to almajiri night school and is not far from being a dull@rd.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Cjrane2: 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
I am my mother is from Aboh and my father from Ogwashi ukwu.

I always tell Yoruba propagandists to leave us the neck alone. We know who we are. Until Okowa took over, you guys made sure you frustrated every attempt for an Anioma man to rule. suddenly We are SUPPOSED to be yorubas.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Mrbigman1(m): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Ymodulus:

Your Dad is not far from the truth.

Deltans are really More of Yorubas, descendants of the Bini kingdom which genealogy traces back to Oduduwa. Deltans should be call yorubas and not igbos

Have you been to delta before?

How many tribe are incorporated?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ugomba

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

Today while watching a Nigerian Movie title " The Meeting Silverbird Cinema "

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.

Rita Dominic is from imo state ...mbaise

So stop been stupid here

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by ideykwum: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bobbystanley:
Yes we the igbo speaking Delta's are Igbos

I am from Isele-Ukwu in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State.

We speak igbo but a different version of the one spoken in the South East.

My Grand Father have always told me the history of how we came to reside across the River Niger.

If Biafra should exist today, We are part of it.
Yoruba people una no dey tire?

Carrying Biafra matter for head like gala

There is no particular type of Igbo spoken in the Southeast. My mother's place, for instance, Ohafia has a rare breed of Igbo. There are different dialects of Igbo in the Southeast, some far differentiated from the mainstream Igbo than Delta Igbo is. That's why I argue that Ika and Ikwerre are Igbo. If Ohafia people or Nsukka people are Igbo, then Ikwerre and Ika are! !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ralphdan(m): 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
OP u no get head.u de write OP(out of point)no jst open ur mouth talk like mumu.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ralphdan(m): 5:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
When people are hating on you,its because you are progressing.So my fellow Biafrans take it because it is the cross of progress.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Kennydoc(m): 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ymodulus:

I asked myself several times if you went to school. Did you read the emphatic stress in my reply? " in the movie ".

Gosh at this point I believe when asked who the fool is between I and you. The question needs no answer.

Thanks

You aren't making any sense at all.

You picked up lines from a movie and you're trying to present a serious point with it. For crying out loud, that statement was made in a movie. Any movie producer or script writer can include anything he wants in his movie, but that doesn't mean it's true in reality.

Moreover, it could simply be an individual opinion, and not a collective thing. I had a classmate in the university who despite bearing Igbo name claimed he wasn't Igbo. There are people like that, but that doesn't mean most Igbos in Delta deny being Igbo. As a matter of fact, only a few do.

Why not present a video where a well known Nigerian from Delta Igbo denied being Igbo in real life?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ikechukwu183: 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
Even Rita Dominic is not from delta, just playing a script of someone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Dominic
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by wirinet(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
jokinexcel:
We are not claiming all deltans are igbos, we are only claiming our blood brothers in delta state. (The igbo speaking deltans), we are not leaving without them. The same applies to igbos in Rivers and Edo state respectively. We not claiming the whole of Rivers state or Edo state. But we can't leave one inch of Biafra /igbo speaking fellow behind

L

So you are claiming Anioma, Ikwerre and other igbo speaking areas , are they yours to claim? The way you guys shout claim is highly derogatory, you talk as if they are your property and have no say in where they wish to belong. Because someone speak and dresses like igbo does not mean they must be Biafan by force.

What do you mean you can't leave one inch of igbo speaking fellow behind? Are you going to subjugate and colonize them?
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Bobbybube(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.

For clarity sake, Rita Domnic is from Imo state. In the movie however, she is from Delta, but u cannot base your argument on a movie. That is akin to equating yoruba's to fetishism because that is what most movies depict. You should know that a movie is simply one man's idea.

Secondly, Delta is a state comprising of different ethnic groups- Igbo, Urohbo, itshekiri, Yoruba and others. It is wrong for you to say "Deltans" when it is not a single entity. I will not call you Hausa because you are from the north.

Lastly, Igbo people are not trying to force themselves on anybody. The igbo's from Delta are proudly Igbo's. They have obi' s and Igwe's. They practice igbo cultures and traditions and bear Igbo names. They are members of the Ohaneze. Get your facts right!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by MacluvPH(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ymodulus you are a confirm bigotted tribalist, You said deltans are not Igbo whereas the president in its media chat stated and I quote"what do the igbo's want? Are they not occupying the seat of CBN governor and the Petroleum(state)minister et al.

You just observed that the Igbos agitation for biafra is at its peak now you want to apply your method of divide and rule. Honestly my friend it can't work cos the evil agenda hidden to keep Nigeria together has been exposed.

The centre is no longer holding.

Deltans are not Igbo infact they are Kanuri's.

Maybe I should call you a kid if you believe all facts said in the Nollywood movie,if you reaLly understand that movie(The meeting)Rita Dominic said that to the lady inorder to show she can't be compromised even though she come from the same region with the lady that was asking her question.

That's all I tell you for now.

Ymodulus:
I urge all those from Delta state not to allow themselves to be used as a tool in the hands of some so called Biafran Preachers or Agitators.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by MacluvPH(m): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Yes you are right,his name Ifeanyi Okowa is an Hausa Yoruba name.

Honestly some people here need to be cross examined at a psychiatric hospital.

Ymodulus:
@keestelove

Because the Governor of Delta state dresses like an Igbo Man does not make him Igbo.

Any one can dress any way he wishes. It's fashion and desire for favour. It's politics

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by JahJaa(m): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ymodulus:

No delta igbos are not igbos and should never be called such.
OK let me reframe my thread title to reflect my desired expression better
hahahahah this guy is very st¥pid ok so its not Igbo but delta igbo, indeed many are mad but few are roaming..
Pls My Igbo Brothers better ignore this thread, the Op aint Sane

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by otitokoroleti: 2:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ymodulus:

do you think that Nigeria is 1?
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by christopher123(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
Abokki...Where is your AK 47....Rita is an Imo Girl .....
Ymodulus:
I urge all those from Delta state not to allow themselves to be used as a tool in the hands of some so called Biafran Preachers or Agitators.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
coolitempa:
Anioma is not Igbo and their origin is benin....iseleukwu....ogwashi....agbor....Onitsha....ikwerre....etche .... sad...are not Igbo although there is Igbo link.....all these people...trace their origin to benin... wink
you are insane. These people are mostly igbos who lived for some time with benis before returning back to settle at different points. Go and tell the obi of onitsha that he is not igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by unclejb2(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ymodulus:

I'm sure the OP needs a dose of tramadol. Why are they sweating from their penis any time igbos are involved.
In Tuface and MI's voice... "Nobody talks about you when you're nobody". We will soon be using international passport to come to Nigeria as foriegn investors
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ugo4hotish(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ymodulus:

mumu Rita Dominic is from IMO state..... fucker

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by AdaFonju: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Even in the south east their are non igbo speaking people like the Annang/Ibibio people of Abriba and Akirika so they are part of niger delta republic & the Igala and Idoma people in the south east are part of Middle belt

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by PFRB: 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
omenka:
Do you know the meaning of "in the movie"

Yet you call someone an ewu.

Smh.

You are complete Ewu. In the movie she is not called Rita Dominic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ymodulus:

You called them delta "Igbo" and you are still asking if they are Igbo. is all well with you? Igbo is a tribe and not a state. there is no tribe like delta.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Igbo Amaka, whether "Delta" Igbo or not lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfZEY3R6Io

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 12, 2018
Ymodulus:

Nzeogwu was from Delta.
Yet you say Nzeogwu organized and led the "Igbo coup".
But there are no Igbos in Delta.

You must be suffering from a special type of madness.

cc lzaa

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by LZAA: 10:28am On Mar 12, 2018
imhotep:
Nzeogwu was from Delta. Yet you say Nzeogwu organized and led the "Igbo coup". But there are no Igbos in Delta.
You must be suffering from a special type of madness.
cc lzaa
grin grin grin fatality grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by ozispesal: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
if u speak Igbo or partly Igbo as your language and you are not an Igbo. it is slavery that brought ur lineage to that. try to get ur original language before the slavery thing. seriuosly!
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Can you say a brown beans is no beans?

my brother forget those brainwashings your generation has been give.

You speak ibo,
bear ibo names
have ibo customs abd traditions

and you say you aint ibo.

you for kuku bear adamu modulus
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by saintneo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Ymodulus:

Did you read your write up?

Polish Jews, Russian Jews, etc are not Jews.

Even Anambra Igbo, Enugu Igbo, are not Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Tests Negative For Coronavirus, Bars Visitors / Gani Adams: Adeboye, Abina Sons’ Death, One Too Many / Military Airstrikes Kill Abou Maryam (ISWAP Commander) & Other Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.