Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551146 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
loco2:
I got admitted to USN, can somebody help me on using Form A for the deposit transfer. FBN said I have to open current account with them before they can do the transfer for me. Is there any alternative as the deadline is far approaching.
Well, it's compulsory you use a current account for such transactions. Go and open one, it's no big deal. Or u put d money into someone who has a current account already to do d transfer in ur name.
What course by the way?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 4:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
loco2:
I got admitted to USN, can somebody help me on using Form A for the deposit transfer. FBN said I have to open current account with them before they can do the transfer for me. Is there any alternative as the deadline is far approaching.

Loco2, I was able to apply with my savings account at Ecobank. However, I was told it might take up to one month, due to the recent forex restrictions . So, my fingers are crossed and I hope they get it done sooner. Meanwhile, have you heard any news about Buhari's present position on forex for students? I'm really worried about his statement on Aljazeera. If true, Cbn may never approve our Form A application.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by spiritassassin: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
jkels:

WE is my module. What's your FB details so I can add you up. Whats your module?

I thought we are going to choose the module after we arrive xDD but now after checking my application, it turned out i already chose WE when i was applying. i am not sure how to give somone a link to my facebook account, please give me yours xD
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
I guess there's some hope for those of us seeking Forex. It seems that CBN is still giving Forex to students.
http://leadership.ng/business/521308/forex-petroleum-products-school-fees-take-20m-reserves-1-week
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by materrazzi01: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Please needs some advise here. Am a graduate of political science and international relations, wish to have my master program Norway in related program to my course of study. And please if possible needs assistance with schools that does not need TOEFL or any English test result as criteria for admission.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kingsley1st: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
stewiepeter:
it depends on ur school UiS requires 100,000NOK
stewiepeter:
it depends on ur school UiS requires 100,000NOK
stewiepeter:
it depends on ur
school UiS requires
100,000NOK
good day stewiepeters
i was given admission in uis.
What is the procedure for payment? Can i apply for study permit and hostel before i lodge nok103000 into my norwegian account. Pls i need ur urgent responds. Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Kingsley1st:
[b][/b]
good day stewiepeters
i was given admission in uis.
What is the procedure for payment? Can i apply for study permit and hostel before i lodge nok103000 into my norwegian account. Pls i need ur urgent responds. Thank you.
It's quite straightforward, accept the admission if you haven't already. Then apply online for hostel accommodation using the link attached to your admission email from UiS.
Then transfer the 103950 NOK to the UiS account. Once they receive it, they'll send you a confirmation receipt with which you can proceed with your study permit application.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
materrazzi01:
Please needs some advise here. Am a graduate of political science and international relations, wish to have my master program Norway in related program to my course of study. And please if possible needs assistance with schools that does not need TOEFL or any English test result as criteria for admission.
Applications will open in October-December for 2017 students. So you have enough time to do your research for the schools, courses and their requirements. Every piece of information you need about studying in Norway is on this thread, start from the beginning in advance. You'll find links that will show you all the schools in Norway. Good luck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kingsley1st: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2016
Even me too. I got admission in uis and i need shared hostel. Can we share the accomodation together? I have not applied yet.
Pls tell me the procedure and requirement for application. Thanks.
olujastro:

Well I called my bank account officer yesterday and she said I can go to the nearest branch to request for it. I'll be doing that next week. I think forex availability has improved a little unlike before.
Meanwhile, anyone else going to UiS? I'm applying for shared accommodation and they request I put the name of who I want to share with, or Nobody. Mk I no go end up with a roommate with headaches.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kingsley1st:
Even me too. I got admission in uis and i need shared hostel. Can we share the accomodation together? I have not applied yet.
Pls tell me the procedure and requirement for application. Thanks.
There's no procedure. It's clear you've not REALLY gone through the admission email UiS sent to you. click on the link where they talked about accommodation and you'll see the application form. It's in your interest to go through all the information stated in all the links, including the international students guide.
For the shared accommodation, I already applied, but didn't state anyone to share with as no on here responded. You can state my full name as your intended roommate during your application. I'll pm that to you now.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
stewiepeter:
okay, I will be glad to.
list of documents I submitted to the embassy for visa application
1. cover letter (these is automatically generated when u pay for ur visa fees online)
2. receipt that u hv paid the application fees( these is not necessary if you paid online, as ur cover letter will hv ur receipt no)
3. admission letter ( print it from soknads, it should must hv or schools logo)
4. documentation that u have deposited money into the schools account (2.5mil)
5. documentation that u have a place to stay in Norway
6. signed check list u can get these from UDI website
7. submit ur original degree result and pay the result verification fee( I paid 50k cause I schooled in the north)
note: the application fee is 3200N which is like 85k depending on the bank exchange rate

Hey guys, I called the Norwegian visa office customer care hotline to inquire about the necessary payments and was told that we are only required to pay a processing fee of N7100 at their office, when we submit our documents, after making the online visa application payment of 3200 Nok( I was charged N125000 via my Ecobank mastercard debit card for that, due to the High dollar rates I guess )
The good news is, the customer representative told me that she is not aware of the certificate verification fee.
It appears it has been scrapped. Just thought I should let the house know smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ToluNorsk: 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
Please, I was sent a mail from UiT stating
Subject -Admission Decision
My Name, application number
1. Geology -Master: Fullbooked.

Please house what does this mean.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2016
ToluNorsk:
Please, I was sent a mail from UiT stating
Subject -Admission Decision
My Name, application number
1. Geology -Master: Fullbooked.

Please house what does this mean.

I think what they meant is that you met the admission requirements, but the department is fully booked with other applicants. No space left. Meanwhile, this is just a personal opinion. You would have been given more information on how to to proceed, if you were admitted.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ToluNorsk: 9:12am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks for your quick response @Kulex.
But some of my pals whose application was rejected were given a reason for rejection.
From the admission office

My mail just read, "Fullbooked " no attachments with the email. And no full detailed information.

I already sent them a mail for more clarity...If I was rejected, it should atleast be written in the mail from the admission office. As dey did to my friends.
Kinda confused.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by capacino(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2016
Greetings NL!
I would like somebody to give me a hint about undergraduate degree programs for international students, can anybody share some light?

Are there universities/colleges offering free tuition fees as is known for Masters/Exchange programs?

What other universities/colleges offer cheaper tuition fee be it private or govt.?

Peace!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
ToluNorsk:
Thanks for your quick response @Kulex.
But some of my pals whose application was rejected were given a reason for rejection.
From the admission office

My mail just read, "Fullbooked " no attachments with the email. And no full detailed information.

I already sent them a mail for more clarity...If I was rejected, it should atleast be written in the mail from the admission office. As dey did to my friends.
Kinda confused.
It's good you've sent them a mail. But if it's not a mistake on their part I think they have selected more qualified(perhaps higher GPA) students for now and put you on waiting list in case one or two persons reject the admission for better schools/programs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tislouise: 6:13pm On May 02, 2016
Hello. Please I am thinking of doing a Phd in Norway, and then settling down there. I need practical advice from people who have lived there on the the quality of life there: is it easy for International students to get a good-paying job there after graduation? Can I apply to become a permanent student while still studying? Please I'd appreciate any piece of advice from someone who has lived there. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:35am On May 04, 2016
Kulex:

Hey guys, I called the Norwegian visa office customer care hotline to inquire about the necessary payments and was told that we are only required to pay a processing fee of N7100 at their office, when we submit our documents, after making the online visa application payment of 3200 Nok( I was charged N125000 via my Ecobank mastercard debit card for that, due to the High dollar rates I guess )
The good news is, the customer representative told me that she is not aware of the certificate verification fee.
It appears it has been scrapped. Just thought I should let the house know smiley
I got personal questions for you bro as regards visa application. Sent you a message on Facebook
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by abonis: 6:35pm On May 06, 2016
Hi Kulex,

Can i have your BBM PIN pls? I need you to provide me with insight on the Visa application process. Better still, add me, my PIN is 5686FE45. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oakslid: 10:01am On May 10, 2016
Will be in Tromsø this summer.
Anyone who stays there??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 12:30pm On May 12, 2016
Kulex:

In order not to misinform my fellow nairalanders, let me correct my initial post.
A friend of mine who has successfully transfered his deposit was at the visa office today, where he found out that the receipt for the verification fee must be provided before they will accept his documents. I guess the customer care agent that spoke to me was an apprentice. Please take note.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by abonis: 3:11pm On May 12, 2016
For fellas going to Norway,you might find these learning resources useful.... https://www.ntnu.edu/now

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8rOc7rYOH6ESjhHTkZSZVdOaFk

And for checking train fares from Oslo to other parts of Norway, check www.nsb.no

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by loco2(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2016
Please do I need biometric capture for Norwegian student application?.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by loco2(m): 7:14am On May 17, 2016
stewiepeter:
okay, I will be glad to.
list of documents I submitted to the embassy for visa application
1. cover letter (these is automatically generated when u pay for ur visa fees online)
2. receipt that u hv paid the application fees( these is not necessary if you paid online, as ur cover letter will hv ur receipt no)
3. admission letter ( print it from soknads, it should must hv or schools logo)
4. documentation that u have deposited money into the schools account (2.5mil)
5. documentation that u have a place to stay in Norway
6. signed check list u can get these from UDI website
7. submit ur original degree result and pay the result verification fee( I paid 50k cause I schooled in the north)
note: the application fee is 3200N which is like 85k depending on the bank exchange rate

Pls, did u have ur Biometrics taken on ur application submission. VHS Lagos said for student Visa, I do not require
Biometrics.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 1:38am On May 20, 2016
Hello guys, other than Loco2, has anyone else succeeded with their transfer of deposit? I've been with Ecobank unsuccessfully for 4weeks and thinking of switching to another. Any suggestions?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 9:51am On May 21, 2016
capacino:
Greetings NL!
I would like somebody to give me a hint about undergraduate degree programs for international students, can anybody share some light?

Are there universities/colleges offering free tuition fees as is known for Masters/Exchange programs?

What other universities/colleges offer cheaper tuition fee be it private or govt.?

Peace!
There is no tuition unless you apply to a private school. The biggest challenge with applying for an undergraduate program would be language. There are few undergraduate studies that are offered in English, so you need to be able to speak Norwegian. However, UiO includes a language course if you get admitted to one of their undergrad courses.

I believe NTNU has a language course as well, but with a limited amount of spots.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 12:46pm On May 21, 2016
It seems not so many peeps on this forum were admitted to Norway Unis this year. Just very few people talk about challenges encountered in funds transfer, visa application, flight booking, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 3:39pm On May 21, 2016
olujastro:
It seems not so many peeps on this forum were admitted to Norway Unis this year. Just very few people talk about challenges encountered in funds transfer, visa application, flight booking, etc.

The competition for admission in schools in Norway is so stiff , maybe cos of the free tuition. Unless you have a very strong cgpa don't even think it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:18pm On May 21, 2016
kennycanny:

The competition for admission in schools in Norway is so stiff , maybe cos of the free tuition. Unless you have a very strong cgpa don't even think it.
Yeah. This year in particular was very competitive as applicants were way too many, which has led to far less people discussing travel plans here.
Several guys including myself have challenges in transferring the required funds due to lack of forex at CBN. My worry is that UiS deadline to transfer d money is June 1.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by capacino(m): 4:50pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks for the information Starflux@NL.
I would like for your to list a couple of universities/ university colleges offering such opportunities for international students to learn the language while studying besides UiO and NTNU who offers 1 year compulsory language study + the actual 3 year degree program.
Lastly, how much do you think would cover my cost of living in Norway per semester in regards to affordable accommodation, feeding and social life if one wants to live in the capital city?

Your kind response is appreciated man..

Bless!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by iXavier: 11:57pm On May 21, 2016
olujastro:

Yeah. This year in particular was very competitive as applicants were way too many, which has led to far less people discussing travel plans here.
Several guys including myself have challenges in transferring the required funds due to lack of forex at CBN. My worry is that UiS deadline to transfer d money is June 1.

I don't understand, can't these guys that resell dollars or help people to shop online help you people

Must the money be coming from Nigeria?
Pardon me just wanted to help cause June 1 is closer

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.