Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report (20274 Views)

Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package / Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by christopher123(m): 10:11am On Sep 16, 2015
They were told me hey they did not listen and
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by drstone1: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2015
gurunlocker:
Don't they have representatives when they are doing confab?..... just dislike this people with their born to rule mentality

It is quite evident that Terrorism,Arson,bloodletting and religious extremism wears an overwhelming Northern face. Poverty and intellectual ignorance wears a predominantly Northern face. Crookedness,disease and irritant begging in Nigeria today is represented fully By Northern faced elements........The curses reducing Nigeria greatness seems to have a very close resemblance with faces from the N...orth.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by dohiswill: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2015
Northerners hate GEJ for only two things because he is a Christian and he is from the South. period!
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Omololu007(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2015
ratediyke:

My friend voting PDP or APC is not the issue here. After all besides Buhari and Osibanjo tell me who else can swear not to be corrupt one way or the other. Even the Fashola we all though was a saint have a lot of questions to answer. Please park well with this APC PDP thing.
buhari and osinbanjo are in APC,so we can't separate them from APC
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Omololu007(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2015
dohiswill:
Northerners hate GEJ for only two things because he is a Christian and he is from the South. period!
if GEJ had performed,no matter the hate the northerners had for him will stop him from winning,or have you forgotten he won some state in the north in the presidential election in 2011
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by IGBOSON1: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2015
Omololu007:
if GEJ had performed,no matter the hate the northerners had for him will stop him from winning,or have you forgotten he won some state in the north in the presidential election in 2011

^^^Forget all that!

By 2011, the northern born-to-rule hegemonic oligarchy had decided to let him/the south/christians have that one because there wasn't much at stake at that point (census and renewal of oyel block licenses), coupled with the fact that their desperation for power would have been too obvious if they schemed to steal back power then like they did in 2015! By 2015 however, the gloves were well and truly off! lipsrsealed
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Rexyl(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2015
National conference for implementation of national agenda or north agenda? The north keeps demanding for marshal plan for the north and now they are planning to legalize it through another national conference while they reject the earlier national conference.

These leaders are negotiating issues based on sentiment and selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by OfoIgbo: 11:04am On Sep 16, 2015
omonnakoda:

Right from the onset? You are funny
The Western Region was the most buoyant and contributed the Most

An Eboe abrogated Fiscal federalism and the rest is history
Now stop the digression and get back to the issue which was what position did Eboes put forward at the 2014 National Conference? Who ,AGAIN ,were the champions of Fiscal Federalism in 2014.
You folk are inveterate LIARS

You must have wrongly imagined you wdre dealing with an uninformed Igboman.

The Southeast secretariat printed two booklets during the course of that conference.
The smaller booklet has 71 pages, which clearly listed the SE standpoint. The cover is red, and I have it with me here.
The bigger booklet has a blue cover and it has the Igbo aspiration, the eventual decisions of the conference and how the various geopolitical zones voted on the several issues. My copy of this booklet was given to a good friend of mine, but I will attempt to get another copy, and hope they are still in stock.

Now getting back to the red book, pages 18-20 deals with Igbo standpoint on Fiscal federalism, and below I have quoted verbatim three points made by the Igbos

I. The federating units collect revenue accruing from their zone, including revenue from oil and other minerals, and remit to the federal distributable pool, an agreed percentage, 50% is suggested.
II. The central government retains 40% of the federally collected revenue and contributes 60% to the pool
III. The distributable pool is shared between the center and the federating units in an agreed formula. It must be appreciated that with its powers and functions whittled down the federal government needs less funds while the federating units are saddled with heavy responsibilities of citizen welfare.

So from the above snippet, Igbos championed fiscal federalism but once again, Yorubas followed their masters to gun it down

4 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Wizzyblack3(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2015
texazzpete:

Rubbish

The gullible ones are those that believed that there was hope for 'transformation' even under the same kleptocratic PDP Government of GEJ that will go down in history as perhaps the most corruption friendly government we've ever had in Nigeria.

March 2015 will live forever in the minds of Nigerians as the time when millions of brave citizens decided to decisively punish mediocre leadership at the polls.

I've said this before and i will say it again ''If GEJ were to be from the north with the way he governs this country, nobody would have talk about his flaws. Majority of our years as an independent nation has being ruled by the northerners yet we're nowhere. Northerners are the richest and at the same time the poorest. Something needs to be done about this northern people. They want everything cos they believe they own Nigeria.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Eastlink(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2015
OfoIgbo:

The Southeast secretariat printed two booklets during the course of that conference.
The smaller booklet has 71 pages, which clearly listed the SE standpoint. The cover is red, and I have it with me here.
The bigger booklet has a blue cover and it has the Igbo aspiration, the eventual decisions of the conference and how the various geopolitical zones voted on the several issues. My copy of this booklet was given to a good friend of mine, but I will attempt to get another copy, and hope they are still in stock.

Now getting back to the red book, pages 18-20 deals with Igbo standpoint on Fiscal federalism, and below I have quoted verbatim three points made by the Igbos

I. The federating units collect revenue accruing from their zone, including revenue from oil and other minerals, and remit to the federal distributable pool, an agreed percentage, 50% is suggested.
II. The central government retains 40% of the federally collected revenue and contributes 60% to the pool
III. The distributable pool is shared between the center and the federating units in an agreed formula. It must be appreciated that with its powers and functions whittled down the federal government needs less funds while the federating units are saddled with heavy responsibilities of citizen welfare.

So from the above snippet, Igbos championed fiscal federalism but once again, Yorubas followed their masters to gun it down
I see facts here.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by EazyMoh(m): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2015
Atlantian:
My parents made mistake of giving birth to me in a country called Nigeria, I will NEVER make the mstake of having ANY of my kids born Nigerian, it is a damning way to come into this world.
Why not kill yourself?
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by EazyMoh(m): 11:30am On Sep 16, 2015
This is not a mediocre government, PMB doesn't align to tribal and ethnic champions. If you have any confab ideas pick paper and pen, write them down and shove them down ur a55! (Northern leaders inclusive) .
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
texazzpete:

Rubbish

The gullible ones are those that believed that there was hope for 'transformation' even under the same kleptocratic PDP Government of GEJ that will go down in history as perhaps the most corruption friendly government we've ever had in Nigeria.

March 2015 will live forever in the minds of Nigerians as the time when millions of brave citizens decided to decisively punish mediocre leadership at the polls.

The truth might offend but it's not a sin. Permit me to paraphrase Bob Marley. There was corruption during GEJ's government. Agreed!!! But that wasn't exactly the reason Buhari and his constituencies wanted him out of power. They only used that as a deceptive cover because they understand that down south people are very objective in outlook without being strategic. The big picture is lacking. I pray Buhari succeed but from his present style I have doubts. Not much of a difference from previous governments ran by northerners. Just my opinion but time will tell. Am just scared that at the end of 8 years we will look back and say what a waste of time.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by omonnakoda: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
OfoIgbo:

You are indeed an ignorant Eboe. Red Book ko Red hat ni.

Is this book a secret why no links.No newspaper headline NOTHING. Eboes had no agenda,no plan they just went there to chop
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by ernecy(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
psucc:
That report was killed the day GEJ failed the election and that was the more reason the north ousted him
so on point
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by OfoIgbo: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
omonnakoda:

You are indeed an ignorant Eboe. Red Book ko Red hat ni.

Is this book a secret why no links.No newspaper headline NOTHING. Eboes had no agenda,no plan they just went there to chop

It's obviously a secret to you as you foishly thought a whole rrgion will approach the conference without standpoints.

At least you now know that your Yoruba elders have been responsible for the lack of fiscal federalism, starting from Fajuyi to Awolowo to the current Yoruba leaders.

Anyway, goodluck with your people's attempt at convincing Buhari to implement resolutions of the national conference. I hope Igbos don't go attempting to join Yorubas in that wild goose chase.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by omonnakoda: 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
OfoIgbo:

It's obviously a secret to you as you foishly thought a whole rrgion will approach the conference without standpoints.

At least you now know that your Yoruba elders have been responsible for the lack of fiscal federalism, starting from Fajuyi to Awolowo to the current Yoruba leaders.

Anyway, goodluck with your people's attempt at convincing Buhari to implement resolutions of the national conference. I hope Igbos don't go attempting to join Yorubas in that wild goose chase.
I think you are the foolish one and no doubt you follow your father and his father before him in your family tradition. Foolishness will never depart your household.

Aguiyi Ironsi enacted decree 34 in 1966 putting an end to Fiscal Federalism in Nigeria. The Yorubas will restore this in the fullness of time. Why would the Eboes push for it anyway What will you sell ? Red soil,Cocaine?

Guy go back to your kiosk
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by OfoIgbo: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
omonnakoda:

I think you are the foolish one and no doubt you follow your father and his father before him in your family tradition. Foolishness will never depart your household.

Aguiyi Ironsi enacted decree 34 in 1966 putting an end to Fiscal Federalism in Nigeria. The Yorubas will restore this in the fullness of time. Why would the Eboes push for it anyway What will you sell ? Red soil,Cocaine?

Guy go back to your kiosk

Yorubastards of the Oduduwanker republic will never be a part of the restoration of fiscal federalism. They have already proven their disdain for it, starting from Fajuyi and Ogundipe, to Awolowo, to Tinubu and the other Yorubastard leaders.

Go and ask Annkio Briggs and she will tell you the southern region that yet again, betrayed the other southern region.

The same betrayal of the south by your people also took place on 28th March 2015. It seems as though that is the last straw as all the southern groups will never cooperate with yorubastards. CASE CLOSED
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Omololu007(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Forget all that!

By 2011, the northern born-to-rule hegemonic oligarchy had decided to let him/the south/christians have that one because there wasn't much at stake at that point (census and renewal of oyel block licenses), coupled with the fact that their desperation for power would have been too obvious if they schemed to steal back power then like they did in 2015! By 2015 however, the gloves were well and truly off! lipsrsealed
forget all that!

There was nothing they could have done if GEJ served the masses,he would have been voted in again,and no region or people/tribe will stop him from ruling
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by onlyson16(m): 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
otabuko:
Did you really understand me before quoting me?
i do
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by texazzpete(m): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
jomonic:

The truth might offend but it's not a sin. Permit me to paraphrase Bob Marley. There was corruption during GEJ's government. Agreed!!! But that wasn't exactly the reason Buhari and his constituencies wanted him out of power. They only used that as a deceptive cover because they understand that down south people are very objective in outlook without being strategic. The big picture is lacking. I pray Buhari succeed but from his present style I have doubts. Not much of a difference from previous governments ran by northerners. Just my opinion but time will tell. Am just scared that at the end of 8 years we will look back and say what a waste of time.

No. You don't hope he succeeds. You're an ethnic bigot who is so caught up with his antipathy with Northerners that you care nothing for your own country.

millions of Nigerians in the South voted for Buhari, so silly comments about 'his constituency' make no sense.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by luvinhubby(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2015
Listening to one Mohammed Kumalia rambling on to justify this senseless call for another confab and i realize that indeed the core Northern Nigeria is suffering from parasitic mentality. embarassed
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by TheFreeOne: 9:24am On Sep 17, 2015
luvinhubby:
Listening to one Mohammed Kumalia rambling on to justify this senseless call for another confab and i realize that indeed the core Northern Nigeria is suffering from parasitic mentality. embarassed

I just watched the fool talking nonsense on channels Tv. However the igbo barrister that came on afterwards made a lot of sense.

Southerners need to form a common front for a better Nigeria cos majority of northern elites/leaders have nothing good to offer this country aside ethnicity, nepotism, greed and subjugation of other regions.

Recommendations of the last NATIONAL CONFERENCE need to be implemented and if the likes of Kumalia needs a conference for northern devt they should organise it with their own resources.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
texazzpete:

No. You don't hope he succeeds. You're an ethnic bigot who is so caught up with his antipathy with Northerners that you care nothing for your own country.

millions of Nigerians in the South voted for Buhari, so silly comments about 'his constituency' make no sense.

I am not driven by hate so wanting him to succeed comes naturally to me not minding the fact that I may not be pleased with his style. I don't have antipathy for the northerners but disgusted with their greed for power, thirst for violence. I am also aware that not all northerners have this propensity. Just to be specific please supplant northerner wherever I mentioned it with Hausa / Fulani. That's what I mean.
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
[i][/i]
Re: Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report by mensdept: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
Well well, people who don't like to hear the truth will always be consumed by it one way or the other. This is why you see our politicians and even now private jet pastors milking the people of their funds, only to give the money back to Oyibo, via private jets, visa, medical surgery, armored cars, etc. They can't even enjoy their loot in their own part of the world.

The northerners always reject advancement, and then when Mend or Biafranist come and say they reject the zoo, they are called names. Why?

Because the Southwest knows they are better off as #2 in the zoo than on their own because they have hardly any resources and their culture does not push for serious government or accountability. Neither would they want to see Easterners achieving what they the SW knows they can definitely achieve.

The Northerners also know they have the SW in their pocket and don't want to lose the steady billions in oil revenue for their region. How would they be able to sit among the Arab oil producing titans and claim to be among them with their bedsheets?

So, this whole northern game is nothing new- because they know Yoruba (not all of course) will incite East vs. West, and Minority vs Igbo, even though that is no longer working as it did in previous decades

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 States With Highest Number Of 4 Story And Above Buildings. / Uzoma Emenike: Nigerians Should Post Positive Things About Nigeria / Ekiti: APC Rally, A Dramatic Display Of Failure - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.