Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs (84819 Views)

Latest Tecno That Will Suite Your Taste With The Specs / Confirmed! Samsung Set To Unveil The Note 9. See Full Specs And Leaked Images / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by henry007(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2015
Electronzeez:

shut up sir, why use a mediatek chipset on a 70k device. only a tech illiterate will buy a mtk device for 70k.

And if you have been an avid follower of samsung HHP(hand held phone), then you should know samsung dont do high battery capacity in their phones right from the time of the S series.

Some Sony Xperia use MTK devices cost way higher and don't even have close to the specs of the Phantom 5.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by lilwill(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2015
First of all, to be sincere Tecno used to inspire me with how they came up as the first company to offer affordable android phones to the Nigerian populace. As a matter of fact, my fisrt ever android phone was a Tecno N3( i really loved that phone). But then they spoiled it all with below par performance, very low quality hardware and silly Roms(yes, most of their Roms are either filled with bloatware, malware or just plain childish and non-encouraging) and their ability to produce phones with specs that seem as if they were not properly thought out( imagine the P3 which was to be an upgrade of the N3 was actually worse tahn its predecessor). They developed the same mentality that Nollywood has; "to release low quality products knowing fully well that they are not acceptable outside our shores because they believe NIgerians are foolish and can't tell the difference in quality. The final nail that shuts the coffin isn't even the exhorbitant ptices of their so called "flagships" but their non changing stance on software upgrades. As of this moment, no Tecno phone has OTA upgrade capabilities and any Tecno fan who wants to use a newer android OS have to buy a new phone. This stance of theirs has singlehandedly brought down the admiration with which myself(and i'm sure many others)
looked upon Tecno. In a market where even a #16, 000 Infinix Hot phone is now upgradeable, no one in His/Her right mind will want to go for a #70, 000 non upgradeable phone... #JustMyOpinion

2 Likes

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Elxandre(m): 10:36am On Sep 17, 2015
Whizpeter:

If Samsung produced this kinda phone with the qualcomm equivalent of this MTK chipset, assuming all specs are constant, do you think they would sell it for 70k?
Can i hear you say No?
That's because Samsung is a Bigger brand and thus can afford to sell the phone for a higher price...

In the same vein, Tecno is a Bigger brand compared to those OEMs you mentioned above... They make cheap and competitive phones and Oh God, there's a reason why this is called a Flagship device...
If Xiaomi sells their redmi 70k, would you buy it?
No? Because they are still a growing brand ryt?
They lack support ryt?
Bro... I'm with Tecno on this one..
If this was an Apple product, its gonna sell for nothing less than N180k..
Are insinuating Tecno is bigger than Xiaomi?
The level of confident ignorant people trolling NL is serious.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by aytuns(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2015
My issues with this phone
1. MT 6752 should have been used instead of the 6753. GPS wise, MT 6752 is far better.
2. In term of OTA, Tecno has failed horrible, so those buying this phone should be easy assured they'll be stuck with lollipop.
3. The price of the phone just doesn't justify it for me.

This phone is an absolute no no.. I'd rather buy the elephone p7000 than this.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Ehimzy(m): 11:25am On Sep 17, 2015
SeanDada1:

The CPU is very low! It should be from 2.3GHZ - 2.5GHZ; While the battery should be from 3200mA - 4000mA like other androids.

All of you complaining about low CPU speed... you guys should overclock the processors... it's not an unfixable issue
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by TechLector: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Micheezy7(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
Unboxing the tecno Phantom 5...Tecno's flagship device.. Check it out...http:///
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Micheezy7(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=Micheezy7 post=38101386]Unboxing the tecno Phantom 5...Tecno's flagship device.. Check it out...www.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Micheezy7(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Micheezy7(m): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=Micheezy7 post=38101386]Unboxing the tecno Phantom 5...Tecno's flagship device.. Check it out...Misstechy's site grin
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
@All

See how Nigeria bloggers are reacting to the price here: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2015/09/nigeria-bloggers-reacted-to-tecno-phantom-5.html

cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy wink smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
TechLector:

kai....

abi.. cheesy No time wink grin
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Tornado007(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
Reali cool specs shocked shocked shocked
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Tornado007(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
Elxandre:

Are insinuating Tecno is bigger than Xiaomi?
The level of confident ignorant people trolling NL is serious.
yea that's true
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by rossi49ja(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
udemzyudex:

Stop the hating, it is not good for your health sir ...

What has ram got to do with ba3? I believe 3000mah is OK.

You're trying to make it look like you've been paid to post this.

Before you hate this device, I want you to do a research and post phones that have 3gb ram with more than 3000mah ba3.

Even Samsung s6 edge with 3gb ram have a 2600mah ba3..... Smh
Easy pal, Samsung Note 3 is sporting a 3gb ram and packed with 3,200mAh battery capacity. Phone was announced Sept 2013 but the specs still knocks out your Tecno flagship.

1 Like

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by udemzyudex(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
rossi49ja:
Easy pal, Samsung Note 3 is sporting a 3gb ram and packed with 3,200mAh battery capacity. Phone was announced Sept 2013 but the specs still knocks out your Tecno flagship.
So what happened to the Samsung s6 edge with 3gb ram and 2600mah ba3?
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by primeson1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Breaking News

Tecno paid 2k each to those on queue today at 3chub in Ikeja to queue up as if they want to get the new tecno phantom 5. My friend snapped the pix. I can't put it here sha....

See tecno life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by donhils: 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
Whizpeter:

If Samsung produced this kinda phone with the qualcomm equivalent of this MTK chipset, assuming all specs are constant, do you think they would sell it for 70k?
Can i hear you say No?
That's because Samsung is a Bigger brand and thus can afford to sell the phone for a higher price...

In the same vein, Tecno is a Bigger brand compared to those OEMs you mentioned above... They make cheap and competitive phones and Oh God, there's a reason why this is called a Flagship device...
If Xiaomi sells their redmi 70k, would you buy it?
No? Because they are still a growing brand ryt?
They lack support ryt?
Bro... I'm with Tecno on this one..
If this was an Apple product, its gonna sell for nothing less than N180k..
What is this one driving at? Do you think that Tecno is bigger than Xiaomi or you're just wallowing in ignorance? Have you ever seen any Tecno phone on Gsmarena? Tecno is a local champion pls don't even go close comparing it to xiaomi.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Sandyultimate: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
are u guys mad or Something how does note 3 beat the phantom 5.... lets start with the processor u should not compare an a15 and a9 processor with an a53 processor, the gpu of phantom 5 is higher... and also if u guys are complaining of the price then u should also say that the xiaome redmi note 2 is far better than the Samsung note 3
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Sandyultimate: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
i wont say tecno is better than xiaome and vise versa because if tecno wants to be like xiaome they can... also who has cheked the gionee p8 abi na e8 that cost up to 100k and yet no body is complaing
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Sandyultimate: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
and what the phantom 5 has over xiaomi is the 3gb ram, which neans it will be faster overtime when u put a lot of apps that will take the ram, also the finger print sensor that can take 10 different finger prints.... and all those gestures in both camera and music when screen is blank... flip to silence etc... what the xiaomi has over the tecno p5 is the helio x10... and also the p5 supports wireless charging... cant say anything about the camera but im sure the p5 camera will be coll and better thsn the camon c8 that was coll
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by gibekure(m): 1:23am On Sep 18, 2015
I am a proud fan of Tecno and always looking forward to an incredible upgrade for Phantom Z that goes beyond its outrageous specifications and the shortcomings of 4GLITE, SDcard and inability to update and ugrade... I waited and so other tecno products kept coming from all to C8 and the latest flagship, Phantom 5. I love the holistic impression that was close to infallibility and flawlessness but the phone is flawed with the unfortunate carelessness of Tecno to heed to the unrelenting plight by fans to roll out updates to its phones. Phantom Z does not deserve this unfortunate negligence by Tecno if other low graded phones of infinix could have updates why not this amazing phone? I do not want to sound PESSIMISTIC because i am hopeful that Tecno would do the right thing! Yes i am. I shall keep waiting like the proverbial bride that turned skeletal waiting for her groom... Tecno will have to do something about their carelessness to the plight of their fans... You need to upgrade and correct your erroneous but deliberate mistakes... Fans are waiting and so i am... I shall wait till December to see the next phone like Phantom Z that was close to being perfect and if that is done, my complete allegiance to TECNO will be supreme! Bear in mind the for OTA updates etc... The update itself makes the phones to travel through time as updates are rolled to meet up with the OS trend of modernity... I am really a heart broken fan!
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by ityP(m): 2:20am On Sep 18, 2015
the specs is so very great.... ordinarily, one would expect the phone would be priced @ 50k... putting it at 70 is a big turn off for me.... believe it or not, that stigma of "chinco" still accompanies all these infinix, tecno, gionee and others.... if the price was lowered, it would have been the best selling phone of 2015... I doubt this phone would sell much.... let's watch and see sha.... and that's why of all the brands, I'd pick infinix for now.... they are a company who knows how to make Nigerians happy, their specs are moderate for most Nigerians and very affordable.... in this area, gionee and tecno have failed.... they should redo their homework....
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by TechLector: 6:41am On Sep 18, 2015
Tecno Phantom 5 Full Review, Specifications, Features & Price

http://techlector.com/tecno-phantom-5-with-massive-3gb-ram-specifications-features-price/

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by ityP(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2015
how much is lenovo k3 note?
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by rossi49ja(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2015
udemzyudex:

So what happened to the Samsung s6 edge with 3gb ram and 2600mah ba3?
Dude, I only set out to correct your wrong thoughts about ram and battery capacities. Asides that, even the Samsung S6 edge with a 2600mAh will last longer than a Tecno with a 3000mAh, reason cos that Tecno is not a standardised coy(they over-hype their true power rating just for an easy sell and to trap the gullible ones). They keep churning out phones for 3rd world countries alone. They ain't taken serious in the business of phone manufacturing.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by rossi49ja(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2015
Sandyultimate:
and what the phantom 5 has over xiaomi is the 3gb ram, which neans it will be faster overtime when u put a lot of apps that will take the ram, also the finger print sensor that can take 10 different finger prints.... and all those gestures in both camera and music when screen is blank... flip to silence etc... what the xiaomi has over the tecno p5 is the helio x10... and also the p5 supports wireless charging... cant say anything about the camera but im sure the p5 camera will be coll and better thsn the camon c8 that was coll
Pal, your tecno phone is simply over-priced. Google up Oppo R7 plus and Oneplus 2. Their specs beats your flagship anyday and they come cheaper and more reliable too.
I will start taking Tecno serious when they start getting featured in gsmarena.com

1 Like

Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by udemzyudex(m): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2015
rossi49ja:
Dude, I only set out to correct your wrong thoughts about ram and battery capacities. Asides that, even the Samsung S6 edge with a 2600mAh will last longer than a Tecno with a 3000mAh, reason cos that Tecno is not a standardised coy(they over-hype their true power rating just for an easy sell and to trap the gullible ones) . They keep churning out phones for 3rd world countries alone. They ain't taken serious in the business of phone manufacturing.

I'll ignore you cos I think you're reasoning with your Anus...

Don't even bother to quote me cos I won't waste my time trying to reply you.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by TechLector: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
TechLector:

Welcome to another special edition of TechLector’s specs showdown. Today, we will be having a side by side comparison of 2 awesome devices – Tecno Phantom 5 & Tecno Camon C8. The Tecno Phantom 5 is Tecno’s newest flagship device lauched into the country on 16th of September. Among the features of the new flagship device are Fingerprint sensor, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, great camera, Dual LED flash at the rear and a cool flash at the front for selfies and video calls at night.

On the other hand, the Tecno Camon C8 is specifically built for photography, it is also a great device which had been trending seriously in the African smartphone markets. It comes with a 13MP camera that many reviewers compare with the camera on an iPhone. smiley

Now, the question on ground now is, CAN THE TECNO PHANTOM 5 BE COMPARED TO TECNO CAMON C8?

Well, anyway lets take a brief look at the specs before concluding…

GENERAL INFORMATION
Device Name Tecno Phantom 5 Tecno Camon C8
Product Type Phablet Phablet
2G Network GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 GSM 850 /900 /1800 /1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network 4G: FDD CSFB band n/a
SIM Dual SIM (Normal SIM + Micro SIM) Dual SIM (Normal SIM + Micro SIM)
Status Available Available

BODY
Dimensions 151 X 75.8 X 6.8mm 150 x 76.3 x 8.8mm
Thickness 6.8mm 8.8mm
Net Weight 140g –
Keyboard Touchscreen Touchscreen
Colors Gold, Black, White Midnight Black, Dark Blue, Amber Gold, Oyster White

DISPLAY
Type IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touchscreen HD IPS capacitive touchscreen
Size 5.5-inch 5.5-inch
Display Resolution 1080 X 1920 pixel screen resolution (~420-ppi pixel density) 720 x 1280 pixels (~267-ppi pixel density)
Screen Color 16,000,000 colors 16,000,000 colors

MEMORY & OS
Card slot Yes MicroSD card, Expandable storage up to 128 GB Yes MicroSD card, Expandable storage up to 128 GB
Internal 32 GB 16 GB
OS Android OS, v5.1 Lollipop (64-bit) Android OS, v5.0 Lollipop (64-bit)
Processors 1.4GHz Octa-core cortex – A7 CPU 1.3GHz Quad-core
Chipset MediaTek TFA9890 (64-bit) Mediatek MT6735
GPU Mali-720 Mali-T720
RAM 3 GB 1 GB

AUDIO
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes Yes
Audio port 3.5mm jack 3.5mm jack

CONNECTIVITY
2G GPRS GPRS Up to 32 to 48 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps GPRS – up to 85.6 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps
3G Up to 42.2 mbps downlink; Up to 5.76 mbps uplink Up to 42.2/21.1 mbs downlink; Up to 5.76 mbs uplink
4G LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps n/a
WIFI Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Yes, Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP Yes, Bluetooth Version 4.0, A2DP, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
NFC Yes n/a
HDMI n/a n/a
Infrared Port n/a n/a
USB microUSB v2.0 Yes, 5pin microUSB
Radio Yes, Stereo FM radio Yes, Stereo FM radio
HotKnot2.0 Yes Yes

CAMERA
Primary 13 MP, 4160 x 3120 pixels, autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual-LED flash 13MP Camera (Up to 4864×2736)
Secondary 8 MP, 1080p With Front Flash 5 MP Camera with LED flash
Camera Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama Geo-tagging, Auto focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video Yes, 1080p@30fps Video Yes, 1080p@30fps
Flash Light Yes, Dual LED flash Yes, LED flash

BATTERY
Capacity Removable 3000mAh Li- Polymer Battery with fast charging Non-Removable 3000mAh Li- Ion Battery
Charging Type USB Micro 5V-1A Power Adapter USB Micro 5V-1A Power Adapter
Charging Type Type AC110-220V.50-60HZ Input, 5V, DC 2 A Output Type AC110-220V.50-60HZ Input, 5V, DC 2 A Output
Stand-by – Up to 480-hour in standby
Talk time Up to 14-hour talk time Up to 22-hour talk time
Music play Up to 10-hour music playing Up to 24-hour music playing

OTHERS
Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
Language English English
Browser HTML5 HTML5
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator No
–Fingerprint Sensor

– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– MP4/H.264 player
– Support OTG
– Support OTA
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
– Photo/video editor
– Document viewe
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– MP4/H.264 player
– Support OTG
– Support OTA
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
– Photo/video editor
– Document viewe
What’s in the box -1 × Smartdevice
-1 × USB cable
-1 × Headphone
-1 × User manual
-1 × Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country) -1 × Smartdevice
-1 × USB cable
-1 × Headphone
-1 × User manual
-1 × Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)

AVAILABILITY
Availablility Yes Yes

PRICE LEVEL
Price level About N69,900 – N70,000 About N25,700 – N32,000

SEE CLEAR TABLE @ http://techlector.com/specs-showdown-tecno-phantom-5-vs-tecno-camon-c8/
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by Mystiq25(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
TechLector:

SEE CLEAR TABLE @ http://techlector.com/specs-showdown-tecno-phantom-5-vs-tecno-camon-c8/
compare the new Gionee E8 vs Phantom 5 let's see.
Re: Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs by bigdot1759(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Huawei 6 I'd till beta dan dis all d time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Airtel : 1GB For N300 Only / Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO / Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.