Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (32983 Views)

A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2015
jaymichael:
I base my authority on the knowledge acquired and books read on the subject matter not on some reporter who probably read mass communication. The 99 constitution still affirms the Presidential system of Government for Nigeria, that hasn't changed. the 99 constitution doesn't "confer" political powers on the ministers they are still loyal to and answerable to the President and still exercise their powers through DELEGATED LEGISLATION.
Even your daft party knows of this. Many of your new found messiah's have spoken on this issue. Why you don't know about this is appalling.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2015
AprokoMan:

Stole from the Internet? Lol very funny. You see lies and thievery go hand in hand and since lying is your bane then you know d rest.

If I drink milk from Buharis farm thats because his milk is highly sensitizing and nourishing unlike yours who only had ogogoro to offer which you received dregs of them daily. Internet voltron clan
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by jaymichael(m): 9:21am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

Go and ask the TV presenter, who seriously schooled Madam due process when she stupidly claimed she is not a politician. The level of illiteracy and ignorance in our country is appalling, and you have just shown your own stake in it.
Your case is BEYOND REDEMPTION.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by wristbangle: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2015
AprokoMan:

The person I quoted did not say anything but your dim nitwit brain have the effontery to buldge into my comment spewing nonsense.

If what I said pained you, why cant you resort into suicide other than coming here to fling your frustration on me.

It is my opinion and if you are against it, there are better ways to place diplomatic comments rather than behaving like a retaarded buffoon.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

There are no surprises from you inasmuch as stupidity won't be a surprise coming from someone stup1d

u r sick. I will recommend psychiatric hospital in Uselu, Benin city for you. Yaba treatment is not working for you.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2015
ribbit:
lmao.. And who appoints you the judge of people's intelligence.. The fact that you think the OP is intelligent shows you don't deserve to judge even the intelligence of a bug let alone human .. You are probably as intelligent as ant...

And who appoints you likewise a judge on intelligence? angry now you can jejely extrapolate your judgement (not mine) to yourself
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by salissmg(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2015
What is the level of ur educational background and the size of kwoledge and can you please give details about one been an illiterate. This your statement is a disgrace to the public community of your state. Pls go back to school.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kaboninc(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2015
Rawani:
It is instructive that all the Presidents policies can be transmitted to MDA's for implementation without the minister's involvement.

IT is people like you who are blasting our ears with the idea that ministers are not really needed for a smooth government operation. It is people like you who are advising our dear President to make 'further' delay in appointing ministers. It is people like you who are propagating the status of Super Permanent Secretaty! The world has moved on sir!

And that is why State Governors are following suit since their comrade (President Buhari) has set a precedent. Tomorrow you'll come here to wail about Governors not conducting Local Government Elections in their respective states.

Maybe be a large corporation/organisation will appoint only a Chairman (non-executive for that matter) without 'directors' most especially 'executive directors' to run their organisation.

For once, not every action of President Buhari should be supported. Telling him where he makes mistakes makes you a better, credible man!

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TopHand: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots
This is your PDP overlord speaking to you, this is directive 419 total compilance required please proceed to Oba's palace when you get there select one of the boats if necessary use two boats, IsraeliAirforce and Firefire to act as boat operators, Temitemi you just follow them come, Barcanista is chief navigator, operators at the when you reach centre of the lagoon phone the Oba and await further instructions

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by wristbangle: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Stole from the Internet? Lol very funny. You see lies and thievery go hand in hand and since lying is your bane then you know d rest.

If I drink milk from Buharis farm thats because his milk is highly sensitizing and nourishing unlike yours who only had ogogoro to offer which you received dregs of them daily. Internet voltron clan

Lol dey mind the fool. The guy na total imbeecile.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kaboninc(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2015
ribbit:
lmao.. And who appoints you the judge of people's intelligence.. The fact that you think the OP is intelligent shows you don't deserve to judge even the intelligence of a bug let alone human .. You are probably as intelligent as ant...

Only if you know how intelligent an ant is....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kaboninc(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2015
salissmg:
What is the level of ur educational background and the size of kwoledge and can you please give details about one been an illiterate. This your statement is a disgrace to the public community of your state. Pls go back to school.

Who are you referring to?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bareal(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm compelled to write this piece not to spite President Muhammadu Buhari but to cure his misconception of ministers. Earlier today, Mr President was quoted to have made a statement that suggest that ministers are not to relevant in the running of government. According to President Buhari

UNDERSTANDING Ministers and Civil Servants Roles:
Ministers:

Firstly, we have to appreciate the purpose of ministers of the federation. We all we agree that all political parties and candidates standing for elections come with their own program and agenda. These programs are highlighted in their respective document called their Manifesto. The Manifesto is usually in concordance with the overall ideology of the respective parties. When a party's Presidential candidate get elected, he assemble a team of men and women of intellectual standing and believers of his vision to help formulate policies, supervise implementations and defend these policies before the public to actualise the vision and fulfil the President's electoral programs. These group of people are called Ministers. The loyalty of the ministers are to the occupant of the President's office, the country and in most cases the ruling party. Ministers sit and deliberate on policy issues and strategy with the president

Civil Servants:
Every country have a workforce that carry out day-2-day activities of the government in power. We all agree that it is impossible for every government to come on board with their own workforce every 4-8years, hence the country provide for a 'permanent' workforce that will work with every administration. This workforce is called the Civil Service. They are non-partisan career people. They are not to help any political party or candidate formulate policies but are to work with every ruling party and administration to IMPLEMENT policies. They are technocrats and bureaucrats. Their loyalty is not to the ruling party or individual in power but to the "Office of the President" and the Country. They have NO business deliberating on policy issues and strategy with the president or his party. They only take instruction. Let's see a case study...

Case Study: Petroleum Ministry
In the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, there is the Minister, the Permanent Secretary and career Civil Servants, and other agencies and department (eg NNPC, PPPRA etc) under the ministry.

The Minister sit with the President to formulate policies and programs for the sector in line with the President's agenda. S/he prepares budget for the ministry, see to the implementation of this program/policies (supervision) and is answerable to the President, the party and the public. Statutorily, S/he is the Chairperson of the NNPC. She also supervises other department and agencies under her ministry on behalf of the President.

The Permanent Secretary is the Account officer of the ministry and most senior civil servant(rank) in the ministry. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the Minister's policies/program. S/he is the head of the ministerial tender board BUT any contract approved by the board has to be countersigned by the minister (to ensure that they are in tune with the Minister's/President's agenda). He/she is not a member of the Cabinet, neither can S/he replace the minister as the Chairperson of NNPC except S/he resigns and is appointed minister thereafter.

The roles of the minister and permanent secretary are distinct and straight forward. The importance of ministers cannot be over-emphasised. It is instructive to note that Nigeria is not an isolated case when it comes to ministers/permanent secretaries. The United States for instance have Under-Secretaries, which is Nigeria equivalent of Permanent Secretaries, and Secretaries which is ministers equivalent.

Contraty to Buhari's perception, ministers are not for 'noisemaking', neither are they meant to 'fill space' except the incompetent and clueless ones. Without cabinet ministers, a country will be likened to one on 'Auto-piloting'. More importantly, our constitution provide for offices of Ministers just as it provide for the offices of the President and Vice President.

To be fair with the President, his perception of Ministers is inappropriate. I wonder what prompted him to utter such statement when he was a former minister under the General Olusegun Obasanjo military regime between 1977-79. Is he trying to say that he was a 'noisemaking' minister in General Obasanjo cabinet?

May God Bless Us All

All hail president of the wailers... grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Ikiriye(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2015
bashydemy:
God bless you my brother, I wonder why some people are crying over this ministers of a thing, They are just a representative of the President to oversee the ministry and feed the president back on how things is going on there and what needed to be done.... Permanent secretary is the mean head of each Ministry, Some minister don't even know where they have offices but Permanent secretary do.
When there are issues or presentations,is it the perm.sec that acts or the ministers.first world govt.don't do without ministers why should gullible Nigerians see things this way.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2015
wristbangle:

Lol dey mind the fool. The guy na total slowpoke.

Giving the wailing voltron clan attention is their aphrodisiac. They need a daily dose of it otherwise they will become obsolete. I am just helping them with their daily dose. I no want make hunger finish them
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Acidosis(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Yes, and that's why I think he is in a better position to tell you what ministers actually are... or don't u tink so?

meaning he didn't do anything in the era of Abacha; he only made a lot of noise
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by wristbangle: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Giving the wailing voltron clan attention is their aphrodisiac. They need a daily dose of it otherwise they will become obsolete. I am just helping them with their daily dose.

Hahahahaha grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Ministers are not 'mere' representatives. You gotta read
2. The constitution and relevant laws still specified some duties of the minister. For instance, the Attoney-General must give a go-ahead before any Security Agency can prosecute any case. The Petroleum minister is the statutory chairperson of NNPC. The aforementioned roles cannot be performed by the President except he takes charge of the ministries like Obj did.
3. No sane government function without cabinet. Go figure!

Finally, I won't hesitate to ignore you indefinitely should you reply will abusive word(s).
They are mere representative of the president who can be hire @ 12noon and fire @ 12:30pm.....
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2015
Pius33:

Thanks for this write up.
Lets learn to respect the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with time shame go catch all these enemies of Nigeria. lipsrsealed

Hush it up!!

I am an enemy of APC (I hate desperate win at all cost politicians and I detest hypocrisy)

I am an avowed hater of buhari (my personal reasons and his antecedents which buttress my negative opinions of him over and over again and again)

I am a true born and loyal to my death Nigerian patriot and citizen (I want Nigeria to succeed and if the price of Nigeria succeeding is buhari succeeding, it is a price am willing to accept and embrace.........you don't throw the baby(Nigeria) out with the bath water(APC & buhari))

Never be this daft again as to equate buhari, APC, GEJ, PDP with Nigeria again okay!! angry

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by jaymichael(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

Even your daft party knows of this. Many of your new found messiah's have spoken on this issue. Why you don't know about this is appalling.
What party do I belong to? what is my membership number? I normally don't reply posters as this, we are not on the same intellectual realm.
Bye
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by favourlove1: 9:31am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

If we believe that politicians only make noise, is Bubu exempt from this noise making?
no his is not. Infact He is the biggest noise maker cuz he is no different from the ministers cuz they are all politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

You have a degree in economics and government. What discipline is economics and government. Political science students only treat the science of economics in their 100 and 200 level, so I don't know who gave you your combined degree in economics and government. And since you are an authority in Economics, answer this question: What is the significance of BRETTON WOODS to the science of modern economics
I suggest you leave @jaymicheal alone ooo, that guy sabi govt pass you... You can deny it all you can, but the guy knows it more than u do. You can defeat him in any area or topic but in govt, NO. THANKS...
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2015
PDPwayoo:

u r sick. I will recommend psychiatric hospital in Uselu, Benin city for you. Yaba treatment is not working for you.

Oh you mean to say it worked for you? shocked

Or is it actually that you think it worked for you 'cos going by your infantile rants, I beg to differ angry

So is it back to yaba left for you again?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Niceiroko: 9:35am On Sep 17, 2015
have you been in any cabinet before or do you know the meaning of been a leader or a dictator, you and buhari are big error to Nigeria and Nigerians

mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:36am On Sep 17, 2015
Ikiriye:

When there are issues or presentations,is it the perm.sec that acts or the ministers.first world govt.don't do without ministers why should gullible Nigerians see things this way.
Good questions, During OBJ 8yrs of rule, He has no Minister of Petroleum, Infact he is the Minister of Petroleum. So where there are issue of presentation in the Petroleum ministry then, the PS speak directly to the President and this can also happen in any ministries then.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by rolchi(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2015
PMB goofed big time with this comment.

Note, I am a proud wailer!
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nicklaus(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2015
henryuzor:

Mumu,zombie eeediot.....alll the FEC meetings that ur drunkard from otuoke held for 6 years....where is the result?
Who is this hefty Fool. Care to speak english I like getting mentions from people who matters, and not from an inconsequential pleb. Have you eaten this morning You sound like hell sad
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 9:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Acidosis:

meaning he didn't do anything in the era of Abacha; he only made a lot of noise
YES. I hope you'll believe him now when he says they are noise makers?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:39am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

We were warned about Buhari's intransigence and hotheadedness, even if he were to appoint ministers, it would still be Buhari's way or no way.
Buhari remains an autocrat, he is incapable of transiting to democracy, his rumoured democratic ideals are what they are ... rumours.
@ the bold so you want it to be your own way or GEJ way of stealing? gerrrrrrrrra here
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by dictbennie(m): 9:39am On Sep 17, 2015
AZeD1:

I suggest you take a course in logic.
The "Ministers of the federation are partisan in scope" is wrong because you cannot prove it and i cannot take your word because it means nada.

The fact that a minister was appointed by a president doesn't mean the minister is loyal to the president.

If he/she is not loyal he gets his ass fired...you remember Bolaji Abdulahi right? I want to even add to Barcanista's stand, it is not only ministers alone, all appointees of the president ought to be loyal except for MDA's that have autonomy.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Acidosis(m): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
YES. I hope you'll believe him now when he says they are noise makers?

Yet he claimed he built 2 refineries. What's the correlation between Refinery and Noise making?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ribbit: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

And who appoints you likewise a judge on intelligence? angry now you can jejely extrapolate your judgement (not mine) to yourself
nahhh I didn't judge his intelligent ... I used the word "probably" ... Oya go and learn comprehension.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hilarious Fuel Scarcity Pictures And Screen Shots / Banky W You Collected N57million From Buhari – Woman Calls Out Singer / See Current Senate Membership Make-up As PDP Wins Three More Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.