Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (32984 Views)

A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by dictbennie(m): 9:41am On Sep 17, 2015
AZeD1:

I suggest you take a course in logic.
The "Ministers of the federation are partisan in scope" is wrong because you cannot prove it and i cannot take your word because it means nada.

The fact that a minister was appointed by a president doesn't mean the minister is loyal to the president.

If he/she is not loyal he gets his ass fired...you remember Bolaji Abdulahi right? I want to even add to Barcanista's stand, it is not only ministers alone, all appointees of the president ought to be loyal except for MDA's that have autonomy..
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:41am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

Can you name one democratic country in the world being ruled by one sole administrator? Is Nigeria now a monarchy with Buhari as King?
Hey Hagidi, Try to be on point. The President never say he won't appoint ministers, He only try to defend why the delay... Atleast this 3 months without ministers shows he can work without them, But to reduce the stress he has to appoint them and if they fail to perform he will only tell them the ministries can work without them... Also did you skip the part where He says we appoint Minister in 1983?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:43am On Sep 17, 2015
lastpage:

He actually used to be a Buharist .... until February 2015 when GEJ postponed elections!

That period, COINCIDENTALLY, was when GEJ doled out 3Billion Naira (part of it was coined "Digitalisation money" and given to TV stations like AIT) to be used to recruit "e-warriors" to act as propaganda tools, in the hope that Nigerians are foolish and will swallow the rubbish they spew online!

Now, if you conclude that he was 'touched" in February.........I can understand

He wants to be remembered as "Barcanista" ... but he does not want to be remembered as "Barcanista" at the same time! grin

Lastpage!

And your proof is undecided

Your dimwit conjecturing is only that ----> "dimwit" and meant for dimwit masturbators to gobble up like shyte so you know your ilk

Here's another conjecture(mine)

Barcanista prior to his switch struggled and struggled fighting a loosing battle trying to rationalise outrageous campaign promises and statements made by the APC which ironically they have come out to deny grin I even remember him writing some pieces demanding for clarification because unlike you masturbators, we wailers argue logically and with facts and when he couldn't get any sensible response for the clarifications he demanded to aid him in/as logical counters to our arguments, he realised the hogwash and propaganda that the APC was built on and had to switch for his health and sanity
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by onyibajoe(m): 9:43am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....
Oga, tell yourself the truth and stop misleading those who don't know where to stand. I'm sorry to say, the Constitution means nothing to you and Mr President. Painfully, you consider yourself educated. If it is democracy, it should be practised as one.
Sincerely, I appreciate the impact of 'body language' so far.

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 17, 2015
hmmm....
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

Osibanjo was sold as the next Idiagbon, the man to actualise Bubu's vision of a new Nigeria hehehe!
A mere commissioner's position is better than the position Osibanjo currently occupies.
For your mind abi? Osinbajo is representing us wella and if you are not satisfy go hug transformer but remember this is not the time of GEJ where there is no electricity oo.. This time your story will be told by the eye witnesses
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Reptyle(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm compelled to write this piece not to spite President Muhammadu Buhari but to cure his misconception of ministers. Earlier today, Mr President was quoted to have made a statement that suggest that ministers are not to relevant in the running of government. According to President Buhari

UNDERSTANDING Ministers and Civil Servants Roles:
Ministers:

Firstly, we have to appreciate the purpose of ministers of the federation. We all we agree that all political parties and candidates standing for elections come with their own program and agenda. These programs are highlighted in their respective document called their Manifesto. The Manifesto is usually in concordance with the overall ideology of the respective parties. When a party's Presidential candidate get elected, he assemble a team of men and women of intellectual standing and believers of his vision to help formulate policies, supervise implementations and defend these policies before the public to actualise the vision and fulfil the President's electoral programs. These group of people are called Ministers. The loyalty of the ministers are to the occupant of the President's office, the country and in most cases the ruling party. Ministers sit and deliberate on policy issues and strategy with the president

Civil Servants:
Every country have a workforce that carry out day-2-day activities of the government in power. We all agree that it is impossible for every government to come on board with their own workforce every 4-8years, hence the country provide for a 'permanent' workforce that will work with every administration. This workforce is called the Civil Service. They are non-partisan career people. They are not to help any political party or candidate formulate policies but are to work with every ruling party and administration to IMPLEMENT policies. They are technocrats and bureaucrats. Their loyalty is not to the ruling party or individual in power but to the "Office of the President" and the Country. They have NO business deliberating on policy issues and strategy with the president or his party. They only take instruction. Let's see a case study...

Case Study: Petroleum Ministry
In the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, there is the Minister, the Permanent Secretary and career Civil Servants, and other agencies and department (eg NNPC, PPPRA etc) under the ministry.

The Minister sit with the President to formulate policies and programs for the sector in line with the President's agenda. S/he prepares budget for the ministry, see to the implementation of this program/policies (supervision) and is answerable to the President, the party and the public. Statutorily, S/he is the Chairperson of the NNPC. She also supervises other department and agencies under her ministry on behalf of the President.

The Permanent Secretary is the Account officer of the ministry and most senior civil servant(rank) in the ministry. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the Minister's policies/program. S/he is the head of the ministerial tender board BUT any contract approved by the board has to be countersigned by the minister (to ensure that they are in tune with the Minister's/President's agenda). He/she is not a member of the Cabinet, neither can S/he replace the minister as the Chairperson of NNPC except S/he resigns and is appointed minister thereafter.

The roles of the minister and permanent secretary are distinct and straight forward. The importance of ministers cannot be over-emphasised. It is instructive to note that Nigeria is not an isolated case when it comes to ministers/permanent secretaries. The United States for instance have Under-Secretaries, which is Nigeria equivalent of Permanent Secretaries, and Secretaries which is ministers equivalent.

Contraty to Buhari's perception, ministers are not for 'noisemaking', neither are they meant to 'fill space' except the incompetent and clueless ones. Without cabinet ministers, a country will be likened to one on 'Auto-piloting'. More importantly, our constitution provide for offices of Ministers just as it provide for the offices of the President and Vice President.

To be fair with the President, his perception of Ministers is inappropriate. I wonder what prompted him to utter such statement when he was a former minister under the General Olusegun Obasanjo military regime between 1977-79. Is he trying to say that he was a 'noisemaking' minister in General Obasanjo cabinet?

May God Bless Us All

Please what exactly have you said in this very long essay that is new and could not have been expressed in 5 sentences or less?

What PMB was saying simply is that the civil servants and technocrats do most of the heavy lifting while politicians as ministers are merely figureheads. The Adesina you spoke about for instance, was a technocrat as was the lady who headed the communications sector under President GEJ's government. He may not have expressed himself quite clearly but I am sure that the import of his statement was not lost on you.

I just wonder when you will quit this pointless and unnecessary crusade of criticizing every action or speech just to appear intelligent to your cheering band of hallelujah boys.

it is becoming very old.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2015
wakacome:
grin grin grin stupidity is when a particular PDP slave opened seven different monikers and using them to reply each other in making people think they are different people...I did not mention name ooo.grin

And idiocy is thinking with your ar$e angry you'll notice i didn't mention your moniker either grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2015
ARBITRAGEUR:
U need to go for a two year training on democrazy and governance in a constitutional society
Why if i may ask? The president can elevate the Permanent Secretary to minister isn't that appointment too? So if PMB wake up tomorrow and send the names of all the Permanent secretary to the NASS for approval as ministers isn't that constitutional?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Oh yes he was touched by that largesse and I was trying to dance around it but you hit it on the head.

He has to work hard for his daily meal hence all his fuss. In essence he is doing all this to garner attention and hope for a bigger and better offer and quickly change allegiance again but bubu no sabi spend that kind money and such has no time for his wailing. Bubus actions speak louder than words.

#itsamilitarything

Another rectal discharge lipsrsealed

*pinching my nose shut*
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by badmrkt(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2015
Gogetta:
Go die if na so e pain you.
idio...t, cheap punch line.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:51am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Rather they lost thrillions via looting

And your proof is?

Buccal diarrhoea of course undecided

Dimwit!!

Meanwhile in three months, investors loose over $2b dollars in the stock and capital market under buhari.................and that is not verbal diarrhoea cool
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

Learn about what you intend to speak about. The constitution mandates that for someone to be made a minister he must meet the same criteria that is mandated for a senator. He must be a member of a political party and must be well known to the political class. So PMB can not make a Perm.sec a minister.
Hahahaha now you just proof your cluelessness surpass that of GEJ.... in 1999 Bola Ige is not in PDP and was made Minister of Justice.... Back to your comment... The President can appoint anybody he wish either a party member or not... So a Permanent secretary can be sack today and appoint minister tomorrow by the President.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2015
dearpreye:
Here's PMB meeting with the French Minister of Defense. He should have requested to meet with the Perm Sec of the ministry since ministers aren't needed.

I taya oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by OnReflection: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2015
In full agreement with TonyeBarcanista on this score.
Mr President needs to learn to choose his words more carefully.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2015
jaymichael:
What party do I belong to? what is my membership number? I normally don't reply posters as this, we are not on the same intellectual realm.
Bye
jaymichael:
What party do I belong to? what is my membership number? I normally don't reply posters as this, we are not on the same intellectual realm.
Bye
You are not even worth shinning my shoe on any issue. On no planet will a speck like you measure up to me. Even though, I studied economics and statistics in college, I had A's in my Pol 111, 121, 214 and 224.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2015
ribbit:
nahhh I didn't judge his intelligent ... I used the word "probably" ... Oya go and learn comprehension.

Fine! undecided Now extrapolate your probable judgement, coupled with the probability you gave that guys intelligence of being on par with that of an ant or is it cockroach? To yourself first angry

I hope you're liking the probability now grin cool
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by WailingWailer00(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

It was the norm in the 70s/80s, APC collectively won this election, Nigeria expects an APC govt not a one man show.
APC is deeply rooted in LIES
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

Oh you mean to say it worked for you? shocked

Or is it actually that you think it worked for you 'cos going by your infantile rants, I beg to differ angry

So is it back to yaba left for you again?

even your family is aware that you are a psychiatric patient.............. you think i don't know you? If you dont behave well, i will mention your name and your mother's name right here on NL cos you have been hiding under pc and talking crap.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes, Buhari can appoint permanent secretary but the permanent secretary will first resign his job (someone will replace him) and undergo Senate screening. There are no two-ways here.
Now you are talking and reasoning with the President, Those permanent secretary have experience and know the Ministry more than the ministers that will be appointed.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by lexyfred02: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
kITATITA:
Barcanistar really thinks that the President or anybody in government is reading his gibberish. I've seen him at various times call himself opposition, analyst, etc. He's non of these; just a floater fighting for his daily bread. But employers these days check the social network ID of prospective employees. The question is, will you employ Barcanistar if he walks into your office for a job? I think the minion, who posits nothing and represents nothing has a long dwelling on Nairaland for food.

You nailed it
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2015
henryuzor:

Mumu,zombie eeediot.....alll the FEC meetings that ur drunkard from otuoke held for 6 years....where is the result?

The result is the electricity you claim to be enjoying now seeing as PMB has done nada in the power sector or except maybe you're one of the many impressionable gullible body odour proponents of course SMH undecided

The result is me being a graduate from a reputable federal tertiary institution where i studied a course i wouldn't have been able to afford to pay for in a private or foreign institution or in certain APC state universities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by lexyfred02: 10:01am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

@the emboldened, would Buhari appoint ministers considering they're "distractions"?

Bros! PMB said COULD be. So Adesian decided not to be. o
Others? I don't know.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by lexyfred02: 10:03am On Sep 17, 2015
Splashme:
Buhari is really a dullard, I swear

The man keeps disgracing the entire country with his brain-dead reasoning

Wow! Na wa o. You need a cane.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
No matter how we look at it the Permanent Secretaries can't perform ministeral duties. They will only be executing presidential directives. They can't sit and deliberate with the president on issues. The permanent Secretaries can't approve contracts without the minister countersign... Except they'll be taking it to the president who will be choked at the end of the day. Even LGA Chairmen appoints Supervisory Councillors
That's a big lie, The PS can perform the role of Ministers and will discuss with the president directly take the case of OBJ as the President and Minister of Petroleum as a case study... The Permanent secretary can discuss with President and get the go ahead to approve contracts... This is a strict PMB and not Stealing is no corruption GEJ where the president will ask you to do something and you went behind to do your own wish... The Body language is there and will always be there my friend.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2015
bashydemy:
Hahahaha now you just proof your cluelessness surpass that of GEJ.... in 1999 Bola Ige is not in PDP and was made Minister of Justice.... Back to your comment... The President can appoint anybody he wish either a party member or not... So a Permanent secretary can be sack today and appoint minister tomorrow by the President.
bashydemy:
Was Bola ige a politician or civil servant. The OBJ government was a coalition government of some sort. Name one AD politician who was made a minister in his second tenure. If GEJ is clueless, then you are a retard.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2015
aksule:
I am at pains when knowledgeable people tend to be bias when talking on national issues. For the politicians well agreed for their reasoning which most of the times its upside-down. But for the academicians and apolitical what do you say. When there is a national issues that need clarification rather than contribute for the masses to understand you will see writeups such as 'wailing wailers' trying to consign it to dustbin forgetting that what goes round comes round. The irony is they will shamelessly defend the very isuue consigned to the dustbin when it no longer suits them. I arrived at thus conclusion from the analysis from the so called experts or professors especially from the northern part of the country during the past regime and niw that one if theirs is in power. So shameless.

Double standards and hypocrisy now saturate our polity more than nitrogen saturates the atmosphere embarassed
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
I suggest you leave @jaymicheal alone ooo, that guy sabi govt pass you... You can deny it all you can, but the guy knows it more than u do. You can defeat him in any area or topic but in govt, NO. THANKS...
He knows so much about government, but does not know what he studied in the college of education. Maybe to you(says a lot about your educational background) he is infallible.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2015
PDPwayoo:

even your family is aware that you are a psychiatric patient.............. you think i don't know you? If you dont behave well, i will mention your name and your mother's name right here on NL cos you have been hiding under pc and talking crap.

And my family being who and who? grin (mind you am not related to you oh! shocked !!)

You're too young to have alzheimers you know shocked though dementia is an already confirmed diagnosis grin as is lycantropy cheesy

Just don't go rabid and bite me you hear!! cheesy
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

Was Bola ige a politician or civil servant. The OBJ government was a coalition government of some sort. Name one AD politician who was made a minister in his second tenure. If GEJ is clueless, then you are a retard.
Yes Bola Ige is a politician from another Party, Remember the comment i qoute says he must be member the ruling political party... During OBJ second term, The AD reject everything OBJ brought to them due to betrayer of OBJ during the 2003 election...
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2015
lordfredrick:

oga barcanista, i have been seeing your post opposing this government from day one, ppl like you are the reason why nigeria would not move forward. accept the fact that [b][/b]JONA has lost and support the present one to take nigeria to a greater height. that what a patriotic citizen would do not come here everyday to find a fault in every utterance buhari makes.
minister are there for just four years and you are saying they develop policies, well to me it would take more than that, am sure he would have appointed the most senior person in each ministry as the minister because they know more about how to get maximum output from their ministries. but lets say he wouldnt because he doubts their loyalty.
the administration showed us how important ministers were. grin embarassed undecided

The absence of NOI is quite obvious since may till now isn't it? Now deny it hypocrite undecided

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 10:15am On Sep 17, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
I suggest you leave @jaymicheal alone ooo, that guy sabi govt pass you... You can deny it all you can, but the guy knows it more than u do. You can defeat him in any area or topic but in govt, NO. THANKS...
MosquitoREBIRTH:
He knows so much about government, but does not know what he studied in the college of education. Maybe to you(says a lot about your educational background) he is infallible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hilarious Fuel Scarcity Pictures And Screen Shots / Dino Melaye Joins Audu, 19 Others In Kogi Guber Race. / Okorocha Gets A Heroes Reception In Kano (Pix Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.