Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (32993 Views)

A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
ifelovemi:

Naa wa for you o.

can you please quote the section of the constitution that stipulate the bolded.

A Lot of educated illiterate in Nairaland.
Check my previous posts. Then you will realise between me and you who the illiterate is. What I put out in my previous post is a fact.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by frankyychiji(f): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
kITATITA:
Barcanistar really thinks that the President or anybody in government is reading his gibberish. I've seen him at various times call himself opposition, analyst, etc. He's non of these; just a floater fighting for his daily bread. But employers these days check the social network ID of prospective employees. The question is, will you employ Barcanistar if he walks into your office for a job? I think the minion, who posits nothing and represents nothing has a long dwelling on Nairaland for food.
Did he come to beg you for food? I dare Buhari not to appoint ministers in his regime! Tinubu will personally strangle him with his bare hands.

5 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by frankyychiji(f): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
sammyj:
Wailers response to everything. This post and On can be best describe as wailing wailers association! !! grin grin
You are not making sense.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ministers of the federation are partisan in scope. For a civil servant to perform that role, he MUST first resign from the Civil service and face Senate's screening
ifelovemi:

Naa wa for you o.

can you please quote the section of the constitution that stipulate the bolded.

A Lot of educated illiterate in Nairaland.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
hinwazaka:

Learn about what you intend to speak about. The constitution mandates that for someone to be made a minister he must meet the same criteria that is mandated for a senator. He must be a member of a political party and must be well known to the political class. So PMB can not make a Perm.sec a minister.
Yeah Okonjo Iweala was a member of pdp when she joined OBJ's government right?

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ministers of the federation are partisan in scope. For a civil servant to perform that role, he MUST first resign from the Civil service and face Senate's screening
Where the f**k do you get this from? Where in the constitution (i need reference) that says ministers should be partisan?

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by WailingWailer00(m): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
Mogidi:

This is like the team coach deflating the morale of his team before a big match.
A man that killed democracy is given a second chance to finish it off
Gullible APC fans
We wailing wailers know better
We want a better, smooth and buttery democracy
That's all

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by frankyychiji(f): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
sammyj:
Point one is must the OP always respond to all PMB s statements while point two is PMB has said he will send his ministerial appointees list to the house for approval before the end of the month while my last point is that the perm secs who are the executive arm of the civil service have more experience than the so called ministers that only come for their share of the national cake and create avenue for theit various constituency to also eat part of this cake rather than focus on developments !!!
So are you saying the "saintly Ministers" that took months to be found are also going to be dipping their hands into the general purse?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
AZeD1:

Yeah Okonjo Iweala was a member of pdp when she joined OBJ's government right?
Check Okonji- Iweala's profile on wikipedia and read it conclusively.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by frankyychiji(f): 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
WailingWailer00:

A man that killed democracy is given a second chance to finish it off ....
My brother, you just got me pensive over that. God please help your children, forgive us for not learning from our mistakes.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
hinwazaka:

Nothing in it said she belongs to any party.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
AZeD1:

Where the f**k do you get this from? Where in the constitution (i need reference) that says ministers should be partisan?
Sometimes it is VERY good to use your brain to think...

1. Political party sponsor a candidate for office of the President.
2. The President is to work towards implementation of party manifesto.
3. He employs his ministers who help formulate policies and see to their executions in line with President/Party agenda.
4. THE ministers are exxpected to be LOYAL to the President and defend his government against opposition parties.

Common sense should dictate to you that Ministers are partisan people, hence, majority (if not 100%) are picked from ruling party. The few outsiders (if any) are naturally enmeshed into the ideals of the President's party. Common sense 101

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
AZeD1:

The fact that some of you don't know the constitution but are always commenting on issues relating to it is very irresponsible. There is no way, a perm.sec can be made a minister, even your daft party knows about this
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by WailingWailer00(m): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
frankyychiji:
My brother, you just got me pensive over that. God please help your children, forgive us for not learning from our mistakes.
Buhari overthrew Shagari
Don't be pensive (no need for that), we have to say no to a tyrant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....
case closed.

9 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by onismate: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Get lost
take it easy.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
hinwazaka:

You shouldn't be arguing with that poster.
Obiagelli:

case closed.
It would have been better if you didn't comment.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by onismate: 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

3. He employs his ministers who help formulate policies and see to their executions in line with President/Party agenda.
4. THE ministers are exxpected to be LOYAL to the President and defend his government against opposition parties.

Common sense should dictate to you that Ministers are partisan people, hence, majority (if not 100%) are picked from ruling party. The few outsiders (if any) are naturally enmeshed into the ideals of the President's party. Common sense 101
I used to think barcanista was just a good analyst. He left nairaland. The return of tonyebarcanister is more deadly with great analytical spade and wicked punchlines. Keep it up. For those who think the Presidency doesn't visit nairaland or other online forum or blogs, that na lie. I can authoritatively tell you that top Government officials have e_warriors who look out for them.

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There is no law that states that a minister should be partisan.

May be you should check the meaning of partisan..

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
You shouldn't be arguing with that poster.
It would have been better if you didn't comment.
Your Op actually buttresses Buhari's point.

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
hinwazaka:

The fact that some of you don't know the constitution but are always commenting on issues relating to it is very irresponsible. There is no way, a perm.sec can be made a minister, even your daft party knows about this
The constitution is very Clear on ministerial appointment.

1. The President nominate candidate-ministers
2. He send the nominations to the Senate for clearance
3. He performs oath of office on those cleared

If he wants Perm secretaries to be ministers, all he had to do is nominate them and send their names to the Senate. The nominees will immediately RÉSIGN their positions as Permanent Sercretaries the moment they accept the nomination. There are no backdoors to thism
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
AZeD1:

Nothing in it said she belongs to any party.
You are either a liar or you are blind. On her page, it is clearly indicated that she is a card carrying member of the PDP. This is how Madam due process forgot that the foreign press is not daft, unlike our indigenous media. And so embarrassed herself on livetv by stating that she was not a politician. The presenter dutifully handed her ass to her on a platter of gold.

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
hinwazaka:

You are either a liar or you are blind. On her page, it is clearly indicated that she is a card carrying member of the PDP. This is how Madam due process forgot that the foreign press is not daft, unlike our indigenous media. And so embarrassed herself on livetv by stating that she was not a politician. The presenter dutifully handed her ass to her on a platter of gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala

Thats a link to her page. I dare you to find one reference to the word "PDP" on that page.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
onismate:
I used to think barcanista was just a good analyst. He left nairaland. The return of tonyebarcanister is more deadly with great analytical spade and wicked punchlines. Keep it up. For those who think the Presidency doesn't visit nairaland or other online forum or blogs, that na lie. I can authoritatively tell you that top Government officials have e_warriors who look out for them.
My master, abeg the glory goes to God and all of us. Thanks Sir!
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by sammyj: 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
That's not gonna happen with PMB managing this country compared to the former clueless president! !!
frankyychiji:
So are you saying the "saintly Ministers" that took months to be found are also going to be dipping their hands into the general purse?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
AZeD1:

There is no law that states that a minister should be partisan.

May be you should check the meaning of partisan..
I have a problem with some of you, you aregue for argument sake. Who said there was a law? This was my statement
Is that too hard to comprehend?

The Civil Service is NEUTRAL in scope and is meant to be loyal to the policies and programs of the ruling government. It has no business with the partisan interest of government. Hence, you will NEVER see opposition parties tackling a Permanent Secretary BUT a Minister. The Permanent Secretaries don't participate in political rallies and campaigns BUT the Minister does. The workings all over the world on Civil Service and Public Service is the same.

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Obiagelli:

Your Op actually buttresses Buhari's point.
Lol... Was this comment meant for this thread?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
Oga you sure say you read your link so? NOi is 100% PDP. She participated in GEJ 2015 Campaign and was very active in the Campaign of Delta state
AZeD1:

Thats a link to her page. I dare you to find one reference to the word "PDP" on that page.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I have a problem with some of you, you aregue for argument sake. Who said there was a law? This was my statement

Is that too hard to comprehend?

The Civil Service is NEUTRAL in scope and is meant to be loyal to the policies and programs of the ruling government. It has no business with the partisan interest of government. Hence, you will NEVER see opposition parties tackling a Permanent Secretary BUT a Minister. The Permanent Secretaries don't participate in political rallies and campaigns BUT the Minister does. The workings all over the world on Civil Service and Public Service is the same.
I suggest you take a course in logic.
The "Ministers of the federation are partisan in scope" is wrong because you cannot prove it and i cannot take your word because it means nada.

The fact that a minister was appointed by a president doesn't mean the minister is loyal to the president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Adminisher: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....

Thank you for your post. I believe now Nigeria is in trouble. People just don't know anything anymore. The Nigerian President is the mandate holder. All the ministers are appointed by him. This is what knowledge- able peoplet have been debating but Nigeria's half educated youth don't even know. The office of President holds very much power . Even Jonathan once said if he used 50% of his powers the country may get into trouble . So reading about young people posting trash like..."it is dictatorial for the President not to have Ministers" , I am really sorry for this generation. No minister stands up to the President any way. We are running a Presidential system not parliamentary.
People should just shut-up and watch. It is Buhari's time as President and circumstances have put him in a powerful position. The heads of the legislature that are supposed to ask the questions, they have rigged themselves into office without power and are cannot even secure their positions .

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
AZeD1:

I would like to believe you are using a JAVA browser, because you don't want to know what I think of you right now

5 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AZeD1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga you sure say you read your link so? NOi is 100% PDP. She participated in GEJ 2015 Campaign and was very active in the Campaign of Delta state
Same challenge i gave the guy, find a reference the world "pdp" on that page.

Was she a member of the PDP when she joined OBJ's government?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Bows To Greet Bola Tinubu / After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama / Prince Eze Madumere Marries Chioma Oyekaba, His 3rd Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.