Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (32981 Views)

A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by amazingspiderma: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....

In a country of 170 million people.

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by lastpage: 8:10am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:
Are people still taking that Booboonista seraiously?
I want to believe he just might be related to ffk or perhaps ffk was present at his naming ceremony and joined in praying for him inadvertently cursing him to be like him. There is no loyal bone in his body.

Give him an appointment now and he will sing like a bird just like ffk and [b]he will begin singing buharis praise and kissing bottoms everywhere.

Bunch of loosers.[/b]

He actually used to be a Buharist .... until February 2015 when GEJ postponed elections!

That period, COINCIDENTALLY, was when GEJ doled out 3Billion Naira (part of it was coined "Digitalisation money" and given to TV stations like AIT) to be used to recruit "e-warriors" to act as propaganda tools, in the hope that Nigerians are foolish and will swallow the rubbish they spew online!

Now, if you conclude that he was 'touched" in February.........I can understand

He wants to be remembered as "Barcanista" ... but he does not want to be remembered as "Barcanista" at the same time! grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Kirinwa: 8:10am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....

We are complaining because the President did not go to University and doesn't have the technical and in depth knowledge of office practices and budget implementations.

Let ministers help him whether or not he agrees to needing them is irrelevant.

We elected him and we say he needs ministers.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ribbit: 8:12am On Sep 17, 2015
Kirinwa:

We are complaining because the President did not go to University and doesn't have the technical and in depth knowledge of office practices and budget implementations.

Let ministers help him whether or not he agrees to needing them is irrelevant.

We elected him and we say he needs ministers.
he is the president .. Let him rule ...if the way he ruled doesn't please you in 2019, vote him out ... Gej with all his minister's for 6years, what did you gain ?

5 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by lastpage: 8:13am On Sep 17, 2015
Dindondin:
the earlier the better we v intelligent mods on Nairaland that ll know the diff BTW a partisan thread and a thread that speaks the truth.
Last Bullet
This is another trash from Barcanistar.
It's either he has bribed someone on Nairaland to help him push any of his trash topic to the fp or the mods just think any trash like this can generate traffic for this site.

Are you implying that @Seun shared in the "3Billion Naira Digitalization Largesse" doled out by GEJ... just after he shifted the election date? shocked shocked

Left matter o! I no wan trouble o! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Burger01(m): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
I will always say it, the guy has gone politically 'bunkered'... frustrated sad

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by wristbangle: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2015
ribbit:
lmao.. And who appoints you the judge of people's intelligence.. The fact that you think the OP is intelligent shows you don't deserve to judge even the intelligence of a bug let alone human .. You are probably as intelligent as ant...

Ants are intelligent bro but cockroach are "slow poke" and destructive. Please use the later simile to compare him.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Amorl(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
I hope u read my post...
If a president... Has a clear cut out policy in his mind. .... do he need a minister?
Yes ministers are important but not a most for any government to function well. ... .. There job can be neglected and still have an effective government
It is one thing to have policies in mind, it's another thing for your policy to fit in, I mean valid and relevant. The president can't be an expert in all the fields/ industries, can he?? We cannot undermine the effectiveness of a reasonable and sound minister.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ribbit: 8:15am On Sep 17, 2015
wristbangle:

Ants are intelligent bro but cockroach are "slow poke" and destructive. Please use the later simile to compare him.
sorry, my bad! grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Bevista: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
The major problem is the witless mods who keep pushing his articles to FP.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2015
But you, the hypocritical snake served Abacha in the Petroleum Ministry.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ishiamu(m): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

Where is my moniker in this list... I go shoot you and barcelona down ooo with cr7 goals... no vex me.. cr7 on fire LoL

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 17, 2015
grin grin grin stupidity is when a particular PDP slave opened seven different monikers and using them to reply each other in making people think they are different people...I did not mention name ooo.grin

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 17, 2015
VickJames:

They should've been planning this whole thing since the day they won the election. Everyone knows how ministries are been run. They hardly work except there's a project to be executed. Without the ministers, we don't know what the plan of the various ministries except going there and sleep like always.

I am not saying he should appoint politicians as ministers, he should've done his homework well before getting into office. The economy is now on standstill, no sense of direction whatsoever and we say we have ministries. Ministries my ass!
you're right base on the assertion stated above, to append to your point and air simple opinion of mine, they should have planned it but not all members of the party are interested in the betterment or development of the country, most are after heavy pockets,so they provide obstacles,obstructions in naming individuals whose vision is to work rather present people who supports the agenda of this particular cabals. Most ministers are posted to ministries which they have no idea of how to run or manage e.g Obanikoro in defense ministry, Fani kayode in Aviation etc. . This country will remain in its standstill state unless we remove 'ingratiating' , 'payback' , compensating' indemnifying' demeanour in appointing sensitive positions.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2015
lastpage:

He actually used to be a Buharist .... until February 2015 when GEJ postponed elections!

That period, COINCIDENTALLY, was when GEJ doled out 3Billion Naira (part of it was coined "Digitalisation money" and given to TV stations like AIT) to be used to recruit "e-warriors" to act as propaganda tools, in the hope that Nigerians are foolish and will swallow the rubbish they spew online!

Now, if you conclude that he was 'touched" in February.........I can understand

He wants to be remembered as "Barcanista" ... but he does not want to be remembered as "Barcanista" at the same time! grin

Lastpage!

Oh yes he was touched by that largesse and I was trying to dance around it but you hit it on the head.

He has to work hard for his daily meal hence all his fuss. In essence he is doing all this to garner attention and hope for a bigger and better offer and quickly change allegiance again but bubu no sabi spend that kind money and such has no time for his wailing. Bubus actions speak louder than words.

#itsamilitarything

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2015
Amorl:
Are you serious I wouldn't mind if u quote that part of the constitution and What about technocrats, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina belongs/belonged to what party?
This argument has been over flogged. If you don't know that Ministers own their allegiance to the ruling political party, then I suggest you find another section to air your views
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2015
ribbit:
he is the president .. Let him rule ...if the way he ruled doesn't please you in 2019, vote him out ... Gej with all his minister's for 6years, what did you gain ?

Rather they lost thrillions via looting

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Guyman02: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2015
kITATITA:
Barcanistar really thinks that the President or anybody in government is reading his gibberish. I've seen him at various times call himself opposition, analyst, etc. He's non of these; just a floater fighting for his daily bread. But employers these days check the social network ID of prospective employees. The question is, will you employ Barcanistar if he walks into your office for a job? I think the minion, who posits nothing and represents nothing has a long dwelling on Nairaland for food.

Femi Adeshina, Garba Shehu and Lai Mohammed have had to refute a lot of things said here on NL, even the President himself mentioned that he has read people call him Baba Go Slow, Baba One Chance which emanated from here but promised to continue going Slow and Steady. Why did the President appoint an SA on social media, why did GEJ appoint Reno Omokri who is also a Nairalander?

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2015
Here's PMB meeting with the French Minister of Defense. He should have requested to meet with the Perm Sec of the ministry since ministers aren't needed.

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nicklaus(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Splashme:

Constitutionally, the president needs a FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (FEC) for various levels of approvals. FEC is composed of the president and his ministers and others

Barcanista is far more intelligent than you. You are angry with him because he criticises Buhari not because he doesn't make intelligent aguments
I was about getting back to that DICKHEAD when I saw this

You spoke my mind.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AprokoMan: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Beremx:
.... [s]and nobody knows how intelligent your father is. Too bad!
The illiterate Buhari will be your president for 4yrs and if you're not careful,for another 4yrs.[/s]

sh.emale, if u have nothing else to say other than insult, i advise u log out and go sell ur tokunbo curtains. miserable, over-fed fat fool! it pains u when people insult Buhari and his cows but u have shamelessly called PGEJ a barren in public, forgetting u don't even have an abokki to call a husband. dimensional odious leach-covered blob of quivering slime!
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Positiveminds(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:

My friend, you also have high marginal propensity to self-imposed confusion. Agreed that ministers are representing the President at the ministries, and that is because some of those ministers are actually technocrats.

They are experts in particular fields. Not all ministers are there as a result of their political affiliations.

In the current state of affairs, Nigeria's economy is being manned by Perm Secs who may not have all the expertise to run it. Adesina, Ngozi, and many others cane in to help build policy direction because the Perm Sec and other civil servants, good as they are, needed superior level of experience to handle intricate issues.

My submission is that Mr. President missed the point. Let us learn to say the truth, no matter how much it hurts

I rest my case!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by henryuzor(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2015
VickJames:
Buhari made a very stupeed statement when he said ministers are not needed. Who submits economic plans, ideas, and manage the ministries?

So, Buhari is trying to say what Adesina did in the agricultural sector was mere noise-making? Or what some Akunyili in the information ministry was mere noise-making?
Is it the ministries where we still have old men with 1970 brains that he is calling technocrats? So, they've been technocrats all these years and all the ministries are more or less dead except with the timely intervention of some ministers who gave many of their jobs to some consulting firms to save them from mass sack.

A ministry without minister is like an army without a commander. They know how to kill, but they don't know who to kill.

When I say the economy is run by someone who lacks the mental capacity to think of the box, they'll say someone is wailing.
Mumu...a minister is a mere appointee of the president who represents him in the ministry to carry out his policies,that is why a minister can be hired/fired at will by the president
We have had good ministers/bad ministers and however a minister performs,it id the president that tskes the glory/blame
You mentioned Adesina and Akunyili....how about Stella Oduah,Diezianni Madueke,Abba Moro e.t.c?
You comment like a complete mumu......a president can as well give his policies directly to the perm secretaries in the ministries to implement.....wetin concern you?.....power supply that has improved in the past 3 months,is there any minister of power responsible for it?

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by henryuzor(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2015
Positiveminds:

My friend, you also have high marginal propensity to imposed confusion. Agreed that ministers are representing the President at the ministries, and that is because some of those ministers are actually technocrats.

They are experts in particular fields. Not all ministers are there as a result of their political affiliations.

In the current state of affairs, Nigeria's economy is being manned by Perm Secs who may not have all the expertise to run it. Adesina, Ngozi, and many others cane in to help build policy direction because the Perm Sec and other civil servants, good as they are, needed superior level of experience to handle intricate issues.
See how stupid you are?.....so a perm sec that retires cannot be appointed as a minister?

My submission is that Mr. President missed the point. Let us learn to say the truth, no matter how much it hurts

I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2015
dearpreye:
Here's PMB meeting with the French Minister of Defense. He should have requested to meet with the Perm Sec of the ministry since ministers aren't needed.

Oga listen carefully. .. buhari is on a clean up and sensitization mission and as such has to dodge some mines along the way.

France has a government that works and knows their individual roles. Nobody crosses lanes. Its a well oiled machine over there. Our case is different. We all know this. Don't just say "we want ministers" ignorantly. Buhari and the rest of us want those ministers to be accountable and functional and not just occupying space and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ransomed: 8:36am On Sep 17, 2015
Baba has spoken! Ministers are siren loving noise makers and bereaucratic bottle neck creators. Permanent Secretaries can and will run government policies more than noisesome, kleptomanic Ministers. I know this truth because i an an insider. Ministerial positions are avenue to create "food for the boys"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by myola(m): 8:37am On Sep 17, 2015
Splashme:

Constitutionally, the president needs a FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (FEC) for various levels of approvals. FEC is composed of the president and his ministers and others

Barcanista is far more intelligent than you. You are angry with him because he criticises Buhari not because he doesn't make intelligent aguments
mrvitalis is one of many educated unintelligent people in this country

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by henryuzor(m): 8:37am On Sep 17, 2015
Nicklaus:
I was about getting back to that DICKHEAD when I saw this

You spoke my mind.
Mumu,zombie eeediot.....alll the FEC meetings that ur drunkard from otuoke held for 6 years....where is the result?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Oga listen carefully. .. buhari is on a clean up and sensitization mission and as such has to dodge some mines along the way.

France has a government that works and knows their individual roles. Nobody crosses lanes. Its a well oiled machine over there. Our case is different. We all know this. Don't just say "we want ministers" ignorantly. Buhari and the rest of us want those ministers to be accountable and functional and not just occupying space and nothing else.

When you're willing to pass a comment without being unnecessarily condescending, I can start listening.

Thanks!
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AprokoMan: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2015
abacrested:
[s]I think that level of decay in the education sector is been displayed by You![/s]

a cheap condom of N40 could have solved this problem. ur father must be too stingy or too poor. ur birth was his greatest mistake
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by aksule(m): 8:37am On Sep 17, 2015
I am at pains when knowledgeable people tend to be bias when talking on national issues. For the politicians well agreed for their reasoning which most of the times its upside-down. But for the academicians and apolitical what do you say. When there is a national issues that need clarification rather than contribute for the masses to understand you will see writeups such as 'wailing wailers' trying to consign it to dustbin forgetting that what goes round comes round. The irony is they will shamelessly defend the very isuue consigned to the dustbin when it no longer suits them. I arrived at thus conclusion from the analysis from the so called experts or professors especially from the northern part of the country during the past regime and niw that one if theirs is in power. So shameless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AprokoMan: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2015
double0seven:
[s]why not post the entire article before your write up....

continue on your hopeless journey; PMB will succeed and make Nigeria better whether you like it or not[/s]

fleabag, be reasonable next time. i hate dumb and empty comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia In Court / Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] / Ahmed Lawan Visits Dino Melaye With His Support Group Over Death Of Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.