Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State (7294 Views)

Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo) / If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? / Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2009
Its good to strive for the best, but its also important not to make those even making an attempt an object of ridicule.

The lesson from that becomes, "it better to chop your money quietly commot nobody go remember you".
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2009
chiomy4u:

i have just been quiet , reading all ur replies, the truth is that, if 90% of you condeming dis governor assumes the positon of governor, u will do worst dan him, im sure dere will be nothing left in the state coffers by d time u are true, Niaja has a bad name outside 2day cos of the high rate of crime perpetrated by its citizens, if we as individuals cant be sincere in our private dealings, how much more wen we are handed over public funds wit imunity covering us, look at pots callin kettle black,
As far as im concerned, my governor is doin a good job, come to rivers state and see with ur eyes, not pics,
I can not speak for those who are “Condemning” the governor, according to you, but I will say that you provided the pictures for which the man is being judged. So unless you expected everyone to be as impressed as you were, by those, I would say you let people freely judge as they choose cause, for one, we do not all measure success in the same currency, especially in Nigeria.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by texazzpete(m): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I can not speak for those who are “Condemning” the governor, according to you, but I will say that you provided the pictures for which the man is being judged. So unless you expected everyone to be as impressed as you were, by those, I would say you let people freely judge as they choose cause, for one, we do not all measure success in the same currency, especially in Nigeria.

it would do you good to offer constructive criticism in this case, instead of griping because buildings intended for clinics are not architectural masterpieces. They are meant to provide medical care to people, not look pretty!

There are far more activities being carried out by the present Governor in terms of road repair, construction and rehabilitation. New areas of PHC are being opened up. At least SOMETHING is being done!

Serious people who desire change realize it may not come instantaneously. But any swing from the negative to the positive must be nurtured.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 8:39am On Apr 16, 2009
texazzpete:

it would do you good to offer constructive criticism in this case, instead of griping because buildings intended for clinics are not architectural masterpieces. They are meant to provide medical care to people, not look pretty!
Sigh!!!
I am not gripping, simply making it clear that I do not agree that the structures are as impressive as the @Poster makes them out to be, considering we were not encouraged to judge the governor by what the structures where meant to be used for, or not used for, but by the structures themselves. In fact, I am also clear that I think it is really funny how the buildings we get from all that money are structures that resemble what we would have gotten back in the 1950s. I also made sure to use the VIPit toilet example to better elaborate my point, for those who are quick to jump to conclusions.

If we were simply to judge those structures by the criteria you put forth, then it would follow that a set of huts labeled clinics, and VIPit toilets would be, and should be, considered impressive. Unfortunately, that is not in line with the @Posters message which seems to leave that to the responders. Now all this is before we even consider the cost of the project. Would I still be impressed, applying your scale, if it turns out the cost of construction of those units is 10 times of what it normally would? So forgive me when I say that you are wrong in your thinking.

texazzpete:

There are far more activities being carried out by the present Governor in terms of road repair, construction and rehabilitation. New areas of PHC are being opened up. At least SOMETHING is being done!
I don’t settle for AT LEAST SOMETHINGs. Isn’t that clear by now? I choose to wait to praise the AT LEAST SOMETHINGS, but will gladly praise the exceptional/ ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTIES first. We have seen so many of the AT LEAST SOMETHING governors/civil servants come; I am used to the AT LEAST SOMETHING governors/civil servants who do some work, but in the end steal much from the people or waste their time and future. I don’t attack or condemn the governors themselves but I condemn their policy (ies) or approach where I find I should, and appropriately too.

We live in a country where people still sing the “AT LEAST Abiola sponsored some thousands of scholarships” song, even when the same man stole the future of the country. I remember debating Yar adua’s qualifications about 2 years ago and I was condemned by the AT LEAST SOMETHING team. I listened to songs of how the man built similar clinics and structures, but at the end of the day, turned out it was all blown out of proportion. I am sorry if the way I personally choose to judge the works of these men does not line up with the way you would want, but I do hope you understand that we all have different scales we bring to the table here. Some of us are able to settle for AT LEAST SOMETHING, while others want ALL OR NOTHING.

texazzpete:

Serious people who desire change realize it may not come instantaneously. But any swing from the negative to the positive must be nurtured.
I have NEVER said change comes INSTANTENOUSLY, so spare me that ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY bull. Serious Change stems from the making, and implementation of serious decisions to stare change.

We have been rocked and raped by these same set of minds, in the name of change, for so many decades. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can build roads, and clinics such as the ones you have up in the pictures but not every governor can Change things in such a way as to cause lasting change. Sure any swing from the negative to the positive should be nurtured, so I do hope you are willing to praise Peter Odilli for the positives he contributed to the state (even after all we have learnt of him so far) during his time in office as well. I choose to wait till they are out of office to decide if an award is needed or not. I am not really a cynic, as I do believe change is possible, rather I choose to err on the side of caution.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by texazzpete(m): 9:43am On Apr 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Sigh!!!
I am not gripping, simply making it clear that I do not agree that the structures are as impressive as the @Poster makes them out to be, considering we were not encouraged to judge the governor by what the structures where meant to be used for, or not used for, but by the structures themselves. In fact, I am also clear that I think it is really funny how the buildings we get from all that money are structures that resemble what we would have gotten back in the 1950s. I also made sure to use the VIPit toilet example to better elaborate my point, for those who are quick to jump to conclusions.

If we were simply to judge those structures by the criteria you put forth, then it would follow that a set of huts labeled clinics, and VIPit toilets would be, and should be, considered impressive. Unfortunately, that is not in line with the @Posters message which seems to leave that to the responders. So forgive me when I say that you are wrong in your thinking.

These structures are in no way comparable to VIPit toilets or grass hutsl. Take a look at the photos again. I dare you to say they do not look functional.

The buildings serve the purpose. They may not be eye candy as far as you're concerned but it may do you some good to thoughtfully reflect on the purpose of hospitals/clinics.

Kobojunkie:

I don’t settle for AT LEAST SOMETHINGs. Isn’t that clear by now? I choose to be a cynic, until proven wrong. I choose to wait to praise the AT LEAST SOMETHINGS, but will gladly praise the exceptional/ ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTIES first. We have seen so many of the AT LEAST SOMETHING governors/civil servants come; I am used to the AT LEAST SOMETHING governors/civil servants who do some work, but in the end steal much from the people or waste their time and future. I don’t attack or condemn the governors themselves but I condemn their policy (ies) or approach where I find I should, and appropriately too.

exceptional
–adjective 1. forming an exception or rare instance; unusual; extraordinary: The warm weather was exceptional for January. 

In the Nigerian context, a governor doing something to make the people happy is pretty exceptional  grin. While we both agree that what obtains here is a far cry from utopia, it still is expedient to commend progress.
My dog poos all over my compound, that does not stop me from praising him when he does something good  grin

I never said we should SETLLE for what we have now. Why am i always being misquoted on NL? My point is, it's a step in the right direction, and such Governors should be encouraged to ocntinue down that path.

Kobojunkie:

Some of us are able to settle for AT LEAST SOMETHING, while others want ALL OR NOTHING.
I have NEVER said change comes INSTANTENOUSLY, so spare me that ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY bull. Serious Change stems from the making, and implementation of serious decisions to stare change.

We have been rocked and raped by these same set of minds, in the name of change, for so many decades. Any Tom, privates and Harry can build roads, and clinics such as the ones you have up in the pictures but not every governor can Change things in such a way as to cause lasting change. Sure any swing from the negative to the positive should be nurtured, so I do hope you are willing to praise Peter Odilli for the positives he contributed to the state (even after all we have learnt of him so far) during his time in office as well. I choose to wait till they are out of office to decide if an award is needed or not. The cynic in me would rather err on the side of caution!

I struggle with this section i've quoted. ALL OR NOTHING is a vain, self-serving point of view to take. Does that mean it's ok to fall into chaos if utopia is not achieved?
Sometimes it does to good to inject a healthy dose of realism into things. What have you seen here that makes you convinced that there isn't an attempt at serious change?

Serious decisions like the decision to ban dangerous Okadas from the streets of Port Harcourt? Like ripping up and relaying kilometres of roads, improving vehicular movement? Like the opening up of new areas of the town? Enacting laws that compel houses with fences close to the roads to level the fences? Like improved security and a refusal to bow down under demands of millitants in the state? Like a serious commitment to rehabilitate Odili's power plant cash cow?

I'm no praise singer, but i recognize that the guy is making some effort to progress the state. When i see someone emerging from the darkness i will not stand aside and smirk like you do. i will encourage!

When all is said and done, the final question will be what effect has his administration had on the quality of life of the ordinary Rivers resident. As in Lagos, the general consensus from the people is that he is showing an encouraging performance.

This is no empty rhetoric like the Ribadu supporters spout. This is a visible improvement in the lives of people, and for that i'll damn well seek positives!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2009
This is the kind of spin conservatives and Republicans use to decieve Americans

That is why American has gotten behind Europe in terms of infrastructure

They look for one excuse or the other to oppose any progress

Kobo has become very schooled in this art.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2009
texazzpete:

These structures are in no way comparable to VIPit toilets or grass hutsl. Take a look at the photos again. I dare you to say they do not look functional.
I am sure I made myself clear when I stated that even huts labeled clinics could be classified as functional structures. Funny but the argument made for the VIPits actually similar. Functionality over appearance, she said! Lol

texazzpete:

The buildings serve the purpose. They may not be eye candy as far as you're concerned but it may do you some good to thoughtfully reflect on the purpose of hospitals/clinics.

No thanks. What I was given were pictures and so I base my judgment on the pictures not on purpose as you have chosen to, all on your own. Now if we want to argue for purpose, are you at least willing to admit that VIPits serve the purpose for which they were built then? Lol

texazzpete:

exceptional
–adjective 1. forming an exception or rare instance; unusual; extraordinary: The warm weather was exceptional for January.
In the Nigerian context, a governor doing something to make the people happy is pretty exceptional grin. While we both agree that what obtains here is a far cry from utopia, it still is expedient to commend progress.
My dog poos all over my compound, that does not stop me from praising him when he does something good grin

Maybe in your Nigerian context but in mine, making the people happy is not good enough. Up in the north, the people are happy with sharia, does not mean that move ought to be considered exceptional. You know what and when the adjective should apply, no need to pretend you don’t. But in case I am mistaken here, I will let you know when that happens. I do hope the people will be happy when they get the bill for these structures.

texazzpete:

I never said we should SETLLE for what we have now. Why am i always being misquoted on NL? My point is, it's a step in the right direction, and such Governors should be encouraged to ocntinue down that path.
When you demand I consider the function of those structures rather than the actual structures themselves and possibly the cost, you are actually saying I should SETTLE. Any governor can come in to build roads and clinics that will likely end up as those constructed before theirs did. Not all governors can however consider the fact that we have a maintenance and management problem in that country, and put together structures and systems that work to counter those problems.

texazzpete:

I struggle with this section i've quoted. ALL OR NOTHING is a vain, self-serving point of view to take. Does that mean it's ok to fall into chaos if utopia is not achieved?

No mention of UTOPIA, no mention of a fall. When I say I prefer ALL OR NOTHING, of course it is self serving, just as your AT LEAST SOMETHING is. Just me explaining how I would rather judge these things, if you do not like it, you always have your AT LEAST SOMETHING to comfort yourself with.
texazzpete:

Sometimes it does to good to inject a healthy dose of realism into things. What have you seen here that makes you convinced that there isn't an attempt at serious change?
Where exactly do you have me stating that I am convinced that there isn’t an attempt at serious change here? You would, need to show me the exact line where I made the claim you accuse me of, so I can better understand what you are getting at here.

texazzpete:

Serious decisions like the decision to ban dangerous Okadas from the streets of Port Harcourt? Like ripping up and relaying kilometres of roads, improving vehicular movement? Like the opening up of new areas of the town? Enacting laws that compel houses with fences close to the roads to level the fences? Like improved security and a refusal to bow down under demands of millitants in the state? Like a serious commitment to rehabilitate Odili's power plant cash cow?
No, sorry, I don’t think those would be serious decisions in my book. Sorry!!

texazzpete:

I'm no praise singer, but i recognize that the guy is making some effort to progress the state. When i see someone emerging from the darkness i will not stand aside and smirk like you do. i will encourage!
I simply pointed out that I think those structures look funny. Now if I had more to go off on, say, the cost, then I would be better able to decide if I would consider them truly impressive or not. Since all I have are pictures to work with, I registered my opinion, just as everyone else on here has, so far. I rather wait to get full detail before I encourage or discourage, maybe you do not but I do.

texazzpete:

When all is said and done, the final question will be what effect has his administration had on the quality of life of the ordinary Rivers resident. As in Lagos, the general consensus from the people is that he is showing an encouraging performance.
This is no empty rhetoric like the Ribadu supporters spout. This is a visible improvement in the lives of people, and for that i'll damn well seek positives!
AHhh!!! Yeah!!! The ribadu’s are the ones with the empty rhetoric but the man you choose to praise has none of that to offer, gotcha!!!
You do not need to convince me. I think I’ve made myself clear. We all judge things by different standards; some choose to judge every little change, while others choose to wait to see more. Some praise every little positive story or sign, while others wait till the report card is in, to dole out praise, but will criticize any wrong moves made, in bid to cause change in the right direction in specific areas.
I lived in the same Nigeria and I have seen my share of governors come in to build clinics, roads, buy buses, sign in new laws, promise better life for all the people etc, but majority of those plans end up in the gutter by the next administration. The unfortunate thing is the next in line comes in and tries to do the exact same things his predecessor tried his hands on, in much the same way and the rest is history. Forgive me for not being impressed by this but I seriously am not. I wait for lasting change and I will not jump to assume that it has come just because another governor has chosen to, yet again, build roads, clinics, supply buses and what nots, for the umpteenth time.

If you really do not like the way I judge these things, you really do not need to bother reading my posts as they would likely never make sense to you. I , however, have no intentions of stopping.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by ud4u: 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2009
I have heared much about him, Cudos to his elbow
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2009
Kobojunkie
Roads last a long time. So do bridges. I do not understand why you assume all these will 'go to the gutter' as soon as a new administration comes in.

Funny enough, why is it that you fail to take this consistent stand when it comes to criticism of your precious Men of God, even when they display some obvious failings?
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ TP

it is not an 'assumption'. Did Odili not build roads and bridges? Wasn't it Odili that built the Eastern By Pass? Did he not build a new government house and build BMS Hospital? Did he not start off Omoku Power Gen?? Did he not reactivate rail transport in Rivers state?? If with all these he is still seen as a corrupt, thieving politician, I don't see what Amaechi has done to deserve anything beyond cautious optimism at this stage.

The fact is, at this stage in Odili's term, he was likely achieving the same thing Amaechi is doing now. The key is seeing how this is kept up and followed through. Initial 'gra gra' doesn't mean anything if it is not consistently maintained in the long run.

At the end of his tenure, when accounts of income vs expenditure/impact are rendered, then we can judge. It is unrealistic to be amazed that someone who has $30,000 bought a flashy $5,000 sofa and siphoned the rest of the money off. We need comparative evaluation before praising him.

ALL governors in Nigeria 'start well' before derailing - this is why THE END matters a lot. Until he finishes or renders accounts, we can be cautiously hopeful he will continue, but nothing more.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by tpia: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by debosky(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2009
tpia:

maybe they derail because people expect them to derail. Is it not Nigeria?

Because people expect them to derail? undecided

That is not good enough if you ask me.

Would they steal simply because people expect them to? That shows a lack of personal integrity and focus - anyone who falls victim to this is not worthy of holding office in the first place. Such weak minded individuals have caused a great deal of the mess we are experiencing at present.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
texazzpete:

Kobojunkie
Roads last a long time. So do bridges. I do not understand why you assume all these will 'go to the gutter' as soon as a new administration comes in.
Well, I would like to say you are right but I am sorry, you are wrong about your statement that roads and bridges last a long time. Define long time, by the way!
Out in the western world, roads and bridges that experience heavy traffic tend to show wear and tear after the first couple of weeks and typically need repairs after the first winter or so. In Nigeria, what I noticed was most of the materials used in construction of the roads were subpar and so deterioration typically started way earlier than one would expect; with the lack of maintainers planned, most of them are turned into death traps by the next administrations.
Problem is if roads are built well, they would not need to rebuild them come the next administration, but just patch/repair them as we go. Well built roads can last about 20 years or more, with good maintenance of course. Most road projects I have seen have been mostly reconstruction, and rarely repairs.  Usually what the next administration does is rebuild the same roads, most likely because the materials used in the original construction do not allow for patching repairs.

I witnessed a huge, state-wide, road reconstruction project during Marwa’s administration in Lagos, to yet again, rebuild the roads, bridges and gutters. Traffic was hell for months on end because of these plans. We all, as is typical with us Nigerians, welcomed the changes as the roads desperately needed repairs or renovations of some sort. The guy demolished and rebuilt drainage systems (gutters), old bridges, clinics, schools and roads. We watched for months, with glee. But all started to fall apart before he left office. I mean you could tell that materials used where once again not as solid as so when the rains came, it was as if each rain drop left a mark in the cement used to build the gutters and the roads were already showing signs of  wear from the start. Many of the school buildings were so fragile; you could take out a huge chunk of the wall with just a plastic knife. Tinubu came in and started demolishing and rebuilding again, Fashola had to do about the same. When do we stop demolishing and rebuilding and actually start maintaining? If these people didn’t have to spend millions on these projects, then maybe I would be fine with them. But we are talking of millions of dollars of the people’s money here going to waste with little sign of relief in sight. We are talking of having to spend even more and more with each new administration simply because the last, did what the present is currently doing, only that somehow he did not do it right and so the present, once again, has to scrap and rebuild.

Ever imagined how much each stated has spent on only building healthcare clinics in just a period of 10 years? Compare that amount to what actually exists today in the area of healthcare in that particular state. I estimate that Rivers has spent of billions of Naira on healthcare constructions alone, and this is aside from providing the functions the buildings were put up for. If the numbers were revealed to the people, would they still be happy about all the works of all the administrations of the last decade?

texazzpete:

Funny enough, why is it that you fail to take this consistent stand when it comes to criticism of your precious Men of God, even when they display some obvious failings?
Lol.  . .  Are you sure I don’t?  Maybe it is time you get glasses so you can read and tell me exactly where you find me not doing the same.  Anyone who actually READS my posts would know I am just as critical of those leaders, even though they are not in public domain, as I am those who are elected our leaders.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by ono(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2009
Someone said Rivers state receives five times what other states get - Debosky, I think. This is true. But you also need to consider the fact that the terrain in Rivers is quite different to what obtains elsewhere. As a matter of fact, it takes more funds to construct a kilometre of road in the Niger Delta than in other parts of the country - including mountainous areas in Adamawa.

I have gone round Rivers state for sometime now. I must say Amaechi is doing a wonderful job in there. I don't know much about the other local government areas in the states, but PortHarcourt will never remain thesame again by the time the guy's through with all that is on ground here.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by otokx(m): 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2009
Amaechi is doing greatly but much work is still to be done.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Jairzinho(m): 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
Until Rivers becomes like Dubai/Abu Dhabi. . . . . . .he still has work to do !
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by mustafar1: 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, I would like to say you are right but I am sorry, you are wrong about your statement that roads and bridges last a long time. Define long time, by the way!
Out in the western world, roads and bridges that experience heavy traffic tend to show wear and tear after the first couple of weeks and typically need repairs after the first winter or so. In Nigeria, what I noticed was most of the materials used in construction of the roads were subpar and so deterioration typically started way earlier than one would expect; with the lack of maintainers planned, most of them are turned into death traps by the next administrations.
Problem is if roads are built well, they would not need to rebuild them come the next administration, but just patch/repair them as we go. Well built roads can last about 20 years or more, with good maintenance of course. Most road projects I have seen have been mostly reconstruction, and rarely repairs. Usually what the next administration does is rebuild the same roads, most likely because the materials used in the original construction do not allow for patching repairs.

I witnessed a huge, state-wide, road reconstruction project during Marwa’s administration in Lagos, to yet again, rebuild the roads, bridges and gutters. Traffic was hell for months on end because of these plans. We all, as is typical with us Nigerians, welcomed the changes as the roads desperately needed repairs or renovations of some sort. The guy demolished and rebuilt drainage systems (gutters), old bridges, clinics, schools and roads. We watched for months, with glee. But all started to fall apart before he left office. I mean you could tell that materials used where once again not as solid as so when the rains came, it was as if each rain drop left a mark in the cement used to build the gutters and the roads were already showing signs of wear from the start. Many of the school buildings were so fragile; you could take out a huge chunk of the wall with just a plastic knife. Tinubu came in and started demolishing and rebuilding again, Fashola had to do about the same. When do we stop demolishing and rebuilding and actually start maintaining? If these people didn’t have to spend millions on these projects, then maybe I would be fine with them. But we are talking of millions of dollars of the people’s money here going to waste with little sign of relief in sight. We are talking of having to spend even more and more with each new administration simply because the last, did what the present is currently doing, only that somehow he did not do it right and so the present, once again, has to scrap and rebuild.

Ever imagined how much each stated has spent on only building healthcare clinics in just a period of 10 years? Compare that amount to what actually exists today in the area of healthcare in that particular state. I estimate that Rivers has spent of billions of Naira on healthcare constructions alone, and this is aside from providing the functions the buildings were put up for. If the numbers were revealed to the people, would they still be happy about all the works of all the administrations of the last decade?

Lol. . . Are you sure I don’t? Maybe it is time you get glasses so you can read and tell me exactly where you find me not doing the same. Anyone who actually READS my posts would know I am just as critical of those leaders, even though they are not in public domain, as I am those who are elected our leaders.

Kai, KOBO na acceptance speech you dey write? grin shocked grin shocked
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
dude, it was almost 4 am and I was trying to fight off the sleep as I wanted to catch one of my favourite shows at that time. I felt writing a long one would be a good way to force myself to stay awake. grin roflmao!!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by mustafar1: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
grin grin ok
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by moph: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2009
If you reside in port Harcourt like me you will know that there is a big time transformation of the state is going on , there has not been any past governor in exception of spiff since 1970 that i got to port Harcourt who has the type of passion Amaechi puts in the development of the state. All those who ran to Abuja and don't come to PH will miss their way if they visit in next two years, Amaechi is Gods gift to rivers state as Oshiomole is Gods punishment to Edo state. mophiro
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by jona2: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
moph:

If you reside in port Harcourt like me you will know that there is a big time transformation of the state is going on , there has not been any past governor in exception of spiff since 1970 that i got to port Harcourt who has the type of passion Amaechi puts in the development of the state. All those who ran to Abuja and don't come to PH will miss their way if they visit in next two years, Amaechi is Gods gift to rivers state as Oshiomole is Gods punishment to Edo state. mophiro
loser get a life.whine whine people.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2009
@kobo, I understand your arguements but FYI, those structures are primary health centres.Hes building about six in each of the twenty three local govt areas.I have been in one of them and can say its well equipped.The secondary health centres, Are being revived. Bmh has been reequipped.The new niger hospital is almost done.The dental hospital is finished, Soon to be equipped.Dont get me started on the roads.I am on ground, Trust me if this dude wasnt working i would say so, Odili did nothing!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2009
This man is into serious people oriented projects.I grew up in ph and trust me i have not seen it like this before, I swear!Its unprecedented and scary.I cant believe this man is a nigerian governor.Diete spiff was the last gov. with such a vision, Dont criticise without seeing for yourself.Before rotimi became gov,i said rivers was doomed because i saw him as a continuation of his boss, I am eating my words now!I am a born critique as dirty as they get but to God, This one pass me.Maybe only p-towners will appreciate what hes doing just like only lagosians will appreciate the new oshodi!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by asha80(m): 12:17pm On May 20, 2009
phantom:

This man is into serious people oriented projects.I grew up in ph and trust me i have not seen it like this before, I swear!Its unprecedented and scary.I cant believe this man is a nigerian governor.Diete spiff was the last gov. with such a vision, Dont criticise without seeing for yourself.Before rotimi became gov,i said rivers was doomed because i saw him as a continuation of his boss, I am eating my words now!I am a born critique as dirty as they get but to God, This one pass me.Maybe only p-towners will appreciate what hes doing just like only lagosians will appreciate the new oshodi!

what about other parts of rivers?
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 12:38pm On May 20, 2009
@asha, Rivers state is one huge construction site now, The other parts equally have road projects.No be dem say, Ogoni,opobo,andoni have been linked by road.Before you must enter boat, He has asked the federal govt to sign an undertaking to refund the state if he constructs a highway from ph straight to bonny.Of course you know your FG, Let me clarify something, Rivers is rich,but it takes about five times the cost of doing a road in the north to do a similar one in the ND, The soil is messed.Houses sink here.I shit you not. So its not as straightfoward as you think.hes building 250 model primary schools, Not the usual 'repair roof' and 'change paint', The guy is breaking down the old public schools and rebuilding the schools with beautiful designs, Burnt bricks and all, Hes merging all the sec schools in each of the other local governments into one solid school complete with a hostel ,library,internetaccess etc.The state now pays teachers salaries instead of the LG, I could go on.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On May 20, 2009
Ok @Phantom, I guess I just have to take your word for it. I lived for a time in PH myself and so whenever I come in, I tend to compare what is with what was. However, if you are confident that he is doing a good job, then I can say maybe he is.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 12:40pm On May 20, 2009
phantom:

@asha, Rivers state is one huge construction site now, The other parts equally have road projects.No be dem say, Ogoni,opobo,andoni have been linked by road.Before you must enter boat, He has asked the federal govt to sign an undertaking to refund the state if he constructs a highway from ph straight to bonny.Of course you know your FG, Let me clarify something, Rivers is rich,but it takes about five times the cost of doing a road in the north to do a similar one in the ND, The soil is messed.Houses sink here.I shit you not. So its not as straightfoward as you think.hes building 250 model primary schools, Not the usual 'repair roof' and 'change paint', The guy is breaking down the old public schools and rebuilding the schools with beautiful designs, Burnt bricks and all, Hes merging all the sec schools in each of the other local governments into one solid school complete with a hostel ,library,internetaccess etc.The state now pays teachers salaries instead of the LG, I could go on.

Sweet!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by mmaks: 1:18pm On May 20, 2009
the gov is trying but he should double up efforts. i live in PHC and for some time now the traffic situation has been horrible cus of all the roads being blocked al a construction works. especially ada george by wimpey shoud receive urgent attention.but the part he needs to control more firmly is the activities of those so called task forces on everything .they are becoming very lawless.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 1:21pm On May 20, 2009
@kobo my bros, Ph to bonny no be beans o!This our useless FG no go do am.I pity amaeachi.Federal govt no get project for here except may be the eastwest road, But imagine ph to bonny!Bonny fine pass ph, E go sweet if their beauty fit rub off on ph through this highway, lol
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by mmaks: 1:22pm On May 20, 2009
@moph
[[color=#006600]tt]If you reside in port Harcourt like me you will know that there is a big time transformation of the state is going on , there has not been any past governor in exception of spiff since 1970 that i got to port Harcourt who has the type of passion Amaechi puts in the development of the state. All those who ran to Abuja and don't come to PH will miss their way if they visit in next two years, Amaechi is Gods gift to rivers state as Oshiomole is Gods punishment to Edo state. mophiro

u have spoken my ind.that guy is just a spent force.no vision whatsover only mouthing idealistic imaginations.disappointing
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2009
@mmaks, I passed by adageorge-wimpey this morning, People don dey evacuate their shops there, Looks like the dualiz. don dey reach there small small.Even wimpey suppose dey dual up to aker base.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by otokx(m): 2:06pm On May 20, 2009
@phantom

can you please comment on the pace of work especially as it relates to road construction?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yar'adua's Mobile Ambulance Arrives / A Tribute To Gov. Yakowa By Dr Hakeem B Ahmed / EFCC Appeals Ruling Discharging Ikuforiji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.