Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State (7293 Views)

Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo) / If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? / Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 3:21pm On May 20, 2009
@otokx, Slow, I guess the rains are delaying things and irresponsibility on the part of some contractors,
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 11:55am On May 21, 2009
Some of those contractors are indigenes, So dem dey do anyhow, But if you dont give them,dem go begin complain otherwise ask me why the state govt cant award all the contracts to setraco,gitto,bulletine, or JB and get your projects completed on time.Take for instance the contractor handling the agip flyover.That contractor doesnt seem to know jack and as far as i am concerned totally incompetent, But i suspect its one of dem govt boys
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by otokx(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2009
The guys doing that obiri ikwerre junction are trying sha but the rest are just wasting time and causing hold up
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 21, 2009
all real rivers indigenes would notice that port harcourt is wearing a new look, to be very candid gov amaechi is really giving his best in sanitizing our state with different projects going on everywhere we all must give kudos to the governor, i'm not saying we are in the promised land but to be fair this administration has the well being of the rivers people at heart unlike the past one, in terms of education he has declared a state of emergency in the education sector which for me is the bedrock of development, our dear phc was once a jungle but things have greatly changed there is a semblance of relative peace in port harcourt and with the new port harcourt master plan things would definitely get better for our capital.

so lets give honor to whom it is due compared to what we used to have, this government has a lot to offer what meaningful and patriotic citizenry of the sate should do is compliment the efforts of the government and give them their support. i am not a government employee or an ikwerre indigene but if amaechi should ever declare to re-contest again he has my vote with his performance so far.

i rest my case
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2009
@otokx, That obiri ikwerre side is being done by gitto.They are good, Thats one of the entrances into the greaterph area plus one of the routes for the ring road. @baba soty, The man talk say im no dey seek reelection, I no believe am sha, All na politics
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On May 21, 2009
phantom:

@otokx, That obiri ikwerre side is being done by gitto.They are good, Thats one of the entrances into the greaterph area plus one of the routes for the ring road. @baba soty, The man talk say im no dey seek reelection, I no believe am sha, All na politics

When is the election to hold?
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2009
Should be oct 2011, Not sure though
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Ibime(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2009
phantom:

The man talk say im no dey seek reelection, I no believe am sha, All na politics

No, what he said is that he is behaving like a one-term Governor, not that he isn't seeking re-election. . . by that he means that he doesn't wanna use Rivers money to shore up his base, buy votes, commission projects to please people who control votes etc. . . . he just wants to do what is right for the state, whether that gets him re-elected or not. . . .

One question to ask since I haven't been in PH since he was elected. . . . Is this development only taking place in PH or is it throughout Rivers State. . . . that would assuage some of my fears about his motives. . . . as his tribe live in PH. . . . I just want to make sure he is developing the whole State, not just his hometown. . . . and also, how about Town and Borokiri. . . . is there any development there or is development limited to Northern Port-Harcourt.

That question is by the by. . . . I am really pleased with the work he is doing so far, especially when juxtaposed against Odili's performance.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2009
@ibime, The devt is everywhere.Read my earlier posts.The greater ph is to sit on ph city,obio akpor,emoha,ikwerre,ogubolo,okirika,ogbibo and eleme, They are not all ikwerre abi?Then dont forget the peninsular city planned for kalabariland near bakana. Roads are being done in every local govt even as i type this.Schools and health centres too,
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2009
Ogbunabali is the next stop for demolitions according to the urban dev commissioner, Left to me i for talk say make dem demolish along the length of ikwerre road and upgrade it to a six or eight lane road.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by carnal: 10:44am On May 22, 2009
I commend amaechi for the job being done but one concern that i have is the PACE of work done and the strategy being used. For goodness sake rivers state is a riverine state and we all know that i expect better pace of job done and a better strategy to handle the coming rain,we all know it rains here form febuary november and na non-stop ooo not lik thos lagos small small rain ooo,take the ELIOZU bridge for instance,what about eleme bridge,what about the old aba road/rumuomasi axis and the agip flyover if care is not taken some of these project might not be completed in 2years atleast the eliozu bridge has gone for over 2yrs now and not even near 60% compleition yet, i think in as much they approve contracts everyday they should also try to complete one before going to another otherwise we will end having so many road opened up and non being completed. I also think ameachi should deviate into power,rivers state has a turbine gas with the capacity of about 138megawatt yet only 45 megawatt is currently being used and while the turbine generates about 135mg,the only reason why we can get more than 45mgw currently because rivers state needs two step down transformer,i will employ the govt. to buy these transformer so that power can atleast be enjoyed.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2009
I feel you, But na only God know when these projects go complete, Wit these annoying PH rains, Na God sha,
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2009
Ossy you can start here
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by otokx(m): 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2009
Rain no dey fall like other years so its mainly a case of the contractors being slow
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by moph: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
What is happening in Rivers State in terms of development is wonderful I go round some of the work sites every sunday and what i see is like the hand of God working.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2009
@moph, The boy is good.Have you heard of the mega-secondary school project in each LGA?The man wants to start merging secondary schools into one solid one in each council.The project is so massive that he has warned that he will close private schools that wont meet up to the standard of the new schools and of course you know that the private schools already on ground are good, So its gives you an idea of what he plans to do.These schools are going to be mini-universities goin by facilities it ll have, Hostel with two per room,Library,internet,sports complex, If this is not people oriented governance,then i dont know what is!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by ohwofasa(m): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2009
the man jus 2 much
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by mbulela: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2009
IFELEKE (m)
From The Hood That Is MisunderStood.

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State
« #42 on: April 15, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Quote from: texazzpete on April 15, 2009, 03:48 PM
Let's give kudos to a step in the right direction. while i do not subscribe to the 'Rome was not built in a day, so Nigeria cannot be developed rapidly' theory, it's hard not to realise that he could just as well have eaten ALL the money without doing anything and no-one would have done anything to him.
I can use Lucky Igbinedion as an example of someone who did nothing. Till today, he walks the streets with impunity!

Tex,
What Step In the Right Direction are you talking about?
You mean we should applaud this bastards for stealing and robbing it on our faces?
I once had a discussion with an uncle on the de merits of the military era and he uttered a statemant I would never forget while comparing past rulers of a state, He said and I quote ''Onyearugbulem is a thief too but he stole and executed some projected to cover for his theft, that is the kind of leader we should Hope for right now''
That statement captures the mentality of an average Nigerian and It's really Bad.
We don't really need to settle for anything less by trying to bring out any good in these Looters.
As for Igbinedion,
I remembered the Elder Igbinedion telling the Critics of his Son during his re election campaign that ''When A Pikin Fail For School No Be to Repeat Be The Next Thing?''

unfortunately, i agree with your uncle.
the Nigerian political terrain is such that we can only aspire for that first before getting to the stage where we get saints in govt.
if only our leaders will thief a little while carrying out projects that are well thought out, impacting on the masses and maintenance friendly.
for all the good works Fashola is doing, do you think he is not enriching himself in anyway?
he obviously is but the fact is that he does not spend his nights thinking up schemes to rape the state treasury and execute phony projects.he thinks of ways and means of bettering the lives of lagosians. the financial trappings of his office is just a by product.
the problem we have is thta the polity is polluted and saturated by thieves and dullards.whose only intelligence is just to steal and steal.
if for all the money the crooks in national assembly are stealing in the name of salary, they do something tangible, the matter will be different.
instead all they do is arrange girls and indulge in orgies while sharing our money.
anyone who thinks that we will suddenly have saints is deceiving himself and being unnecessarily idealistic.

on the case of Ameachi, i just hope the projects are such that they will be easily maintained.
that thief called odili bought buses and taxis but where are they now
it is easy building fine hospital buildings, the matter is to not only equip them but empower the doctors to man them.
last year, the NYSC doctors manning health centers were not paid for 11 months.the boys and girls simply abandoned the fine buildings and entered town to do PP to make ends meet.
as it concerns his subordinates, he needs to lay down the law and stick to it.there are too many sycophants and inept individuals around him.
finally, he should make up his mind on his intentions on that eliozu-rukpokwu axis.is the govt buying over the area or not?asking people to stay action on devt is taking too long.

i wish him the best.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2009
Whats happening with the ada-george wimpey junction.That place is sickening, Meanwhile took a drive down to eleme junction, Its a masterpiece.JB too much abeg.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by otokx(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2009
JB no get mate
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by okanda: 6:55am On Jul 08, 2009
his excellency,the executive governor of rivers state,rt.hon.sir.chibuike rotimi ameachi is doing great works in the state,if non of u is a beneficiary,i am,i got a scholarship to study abroad,my parents did not spend a dime on it,the governor through the rivers state sustainable development agency,did every thing for me,infact he is one of the best governors in the country, thumbs up for you my able governor, to my governor,one thing in life is dat you can never please every body,take it as an advice from one of your subjects cheesy
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by otokx(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2009
After studying abroad; what is or will be your contribution to the development of rivers state. With the start of the rains this past 10 days we now know the true state of our rivers(roads).
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by okanda: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2009
well lets just say,i dont brag,lets keep our fingers crossed till we(scholarship beneficiaries)come back,but i have to tell u something,we have good plans for the state,we wount tell u cos we are not going on a political campaign grin,also keep your eyes wide open shocked
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by phantom(m): 7:48am On Jul 11, 2009
At last, The trans kalabari highway contract has been revoked, about time if you ask me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! / Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard / MASSOB,BIM Appeal To UN To Divide Nigeria Into 6 Republics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.