Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,711 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. (43388 Views)

Finally The Power House Of Movies Collections Found / They Keep Scamming Us: Amazing VFX, Behind The Scenes Of Movies We've Not Seen. / Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:11am On Sep 20, 2015
When a horror movie gets it right, it’s easy to forget that what you’re watching is ‘just a movie’. A believable premise, relatable characters, and gripping fear can make nightmarish creations uncannily believable.
Some monsters, creatures, and characters have remained in our collective consciousness and have become iconic for horror film buffs everywhere. These characters are the stuff that nightmares are made of. Viewers’ sleep is often disturbed for weeks after first witnessing these horrific tales. Such is the power of a good psychological thriller, or slasher film, or any other subgenre that fits the ‘horror’ mould. The following are the most iconic, terrifying creatures and characters in film history that have haunted our collective consciousness since their inception.

Please kindly add yours and let the fun begins....

1. Sadako/Samara Morgan, The Ring(1998/2002).

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by killzone(m): 6:13am On Sep 20, 2015
The zombies in walking dead

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:15am On Sep 20, 2015
2. Freddy Krueger, Nightmare on Elm Street(1984/2010).

16 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:16am On Sep 20, 2015
killzone:

I hate them...Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2015
3. The Creeper, Jeepers Creepers(2001).

13 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:27am On Sep 20, 2015
4. Name undocumented, Predators(1987/2010).

16 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Gidoka(m): 6:38am On Sep 20, 2015
Sile12 following you like hunchback
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Cpumping(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2015
every scene in paranormal
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:42am On Sep 20, 2015
5. Cave dwellers/Crawlers, Descent(2005).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 7:08am On Sep 20, 2015
6. Hillbillies.

* Wrong Turn(2003/2014).

* Hill Have Eyes(2006/2007).

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 7:33am On Sep 20, 2015
Gidoka:
Sile12 following you like hunchback

**smiles**

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by killzone(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Explorers:

I hate them...Thanks bro.
when I saw them I didn't watch again oooo
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by khanivorous(f): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2015
Freddy kruger and predator haunted my childhood..gosh

Funny how time flies

They remind me of the night after watching predator, the next movie was ' taste the blood of dracula'...the fear generated that day practically eliminated all fears for horrors and scary movies till date

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Horllamideh(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2015
killzone:
still waiting on Walking Dead season 7 oh.....since last year....or is it out already??

1 Like

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by ovalrose(f): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2015
I am so chicken that an ordinary advert of a horror movie will give me both day and nightmares. yikes!

6 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by ModiKen(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2015
Me and horror movies don't go well.

As a kid, na Willie Willie make me fear!

But today when I see some of them, rather than being afraid, I simply laugh cos all na makeup.

Go on youtube and watch the making of some of these horror movies; for example The Walking Dead and more recently "Fear of the Walking dead".

When you see how these horrific characters are created, your fear for them would be reduced.

I for like see the making of Willie Willie, mak my fear for am reduce cos even as I don old like dis I still dey fear am everytime I tink of am grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2015
7. Ferriman, Ghost Ship(2002).

In May 1962, an italian oceanliner carrying dozens of wealthy passengers disappeared without a trace.
Forty years later, a marine salvage crew discovered the vessel running adrift in the Bering Sea. Because the ship is in international waters, it can be claimed by whoever brings it to port. They discover the ship is the Antonia Graza, which was believed to be lost at sea many years ago. They discovered large quantity of gold on it, when they prepare to tow it, Strange things begin to happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2015
ModiKen:
Me and horror movies don't go well.

As a kid, na Willie Willie make me fear!

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2015
8. Zombies/walkers;

* Resident Evil, (2002), Resident Evil(Apocalypse2004), Resident Evil(Extinction, 2007), Resident Evil (Afterlife, 2010) and Resident Evil (Retribution, 2012).

* Dawn Of The Dead, (2004).

* Walking Dead, (2010).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by hatux: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2015
I hate horror movies... Thanks!

Op you forgot to add 'smeagol' in lord of the rings... That dude mehn fvcking ugly!

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by killzone(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2015
Horllamideh:

still waiting on Walking Dead season 7 oh.....since last year....or is it out already??
by October or November
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Horllamideh(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2015
killzone:
by October or November
thanks man
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2015
hatux:
I hate horror movies... Thanks!

Op you forgot to add 'smeagol' in lord of the rings... That dude mehn fvcking ugly!

Lol..Its just ugly, not scary.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by hatux: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
Explorers:

Lol..Its just ugly, not scary.
Its ugly and scary man.. Both!

cheesy
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
ovalrose:
I am so chicken that an ordinary advert of a horror movie will give me both day and nightmares. yikes!
lol cheesy
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
walking dead mehn
Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
freddy Kruger & jason voorhiees..

Heath Ledger's portrayal of the joker in the dark Knight was don de marco as well

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
9. Jigsaw, Saw(2003/2010).

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by olajorn(m): 2:26am On Sep 22, 2015
No movie can be raw like Saw....mehn that fiilm is something else

10 Likes

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:20am On Sep 22, 2015
10. Ckukky, Child's Play(1988/2013).

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Explorers(m): 6:22am On Sep 22, 2015
olajorn:
No movie can be raw like Saw....mehn that fiilm is something else

Lol..Freaks.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. by Excelboi(m): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2015
Jus love horror movies a lot... Thanks for the list.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beatrice: Why I Didn’t Bring Party Clothes To The House / BBNaija: Cee-C's Father Campaigns For Her On WhatsApp (Photos) / BBNaija: Khloe "The 6 Used Condoms I Saw May Have Been Used By Nina & Miracle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.