Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance (25677 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / The Man Peter Obi And The Truth About His Governance In Anambra State / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by ephi123(f): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2015
I agree. Ambode is not up to par so far. Fashola set a standard so naturally expectations are high for Ambode and sadly he seems not to be living up to it at all.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by anonimi: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by niceguy7(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2015
All those people criticising ambode, make them pack well.....e don tey wey yanshh dey bck.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by jt2damoney(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2015
Eko oni baje

Get $20 immediately u register.Its real and easy.Use the link on my signature
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by MisterLongman(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Exactly!
There is nothing exactly about that statement you quoted.......
Lagosians had the opportunity of making a different choice instead of voting for someone who's only achievement is his affiliation with his godfather......
Jimi would've been a far better option compared to him. I wonder how they could fall for a man whose only pedigree is his association with Tinubu.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by anonimi: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2015
niceguy7:
All those people criticising ambode, make them pack well.....e don tey wey yanshh dey bck.

E don tey wey APCheat crooks and criminals don dey chop our money with only cable bridge to show for it embarassed embarassed

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2015
Ambode the flexing Governor.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by juman(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2015
If there are genuine concern on how he governs, he should sit up and look into those areas.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Firefire(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2015
temitemi1:
Eko oni baje ju bayi lo ooooo cheesy

Ami oooooooooo

We are vindicated. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by buchilino(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2015
drnelson:
he is f-u-k-I-n up big time.

I miss fashola.

lagos don spoil.

see everywhere they are breaking roads

igbo were very correct we should have voted for JIMI

NOW DIS IS NEW, A YORUBA ADMITTING DAT THEY WRONG N IGBOS WERE RIGHT. WOW

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by RexTramadol1: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2015
Ambo A tii de!
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by buchilino(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2015
anonimi:
As predicted.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2108383_ambode_jpegf3d9e2187120804fb9995e3c58753962

Lagosians, we had our chance to make a better CHANGE, but threw it away because of fear of the lagoon grin

BROS UR WICKED grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by katerine7(f): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2015
klickash077:
faulty traffic light for my area, them still never fix am after several months now.

the pain of having to cross the busy expressway is always an herculean task for me early in the morning.

i pity the elderly that cross that road, considering how reckless and impatient our lagos drivers are.

should Ambode read this, am referring to Shogunle bus stop, in Oshodi.

Fix the traffic light, because i pay my tax every month otherwise i will........
as in those oshodi drivers are all impatient

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by M4gunners: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2015
Let register my present first. I was here only to read comments.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2015
till 2019....
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by anonimi: 11:24am On Sep 21, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by buchilino(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
lilzeel:
This guys are not magicians, common Nigerians give them more time and let's see if they can govern or not, if they can glory be to God if they can't pray for them. Your prayers count for the country to moves forward. #Stopcriticism

BROS MANY YEARS DO U WANT THEM 2 BE GIVEN?, I MEAN AMBODE IS NOT NEW 2 LAGOS. HE NOS HOW THINGS R IN LAGOS N WHERE 2 START BE D TRUTH IS DAT GUY NEVA HAD AN AGENDA. TINUBU WAS D ONE CALLING ALL D SHOOTS. UNFORTUNATELY MOST LAGOSIANS REFUSED 2 ACCEPT D REALITY. JIMI WAS FAR THAN AMBODE. MARK MY WORD BY DIS NEXT YEAR LAGOS WILL WORST THAN WAT IT IS NOW.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by macof(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2015
lilzeel:
This guys are not magicians, common Nigerians give them more time and let's see if they can govern or not, if they can glory be to God if they can't pray for them. Your prayers count for the country to moves forward. #Stopcriticism
Did you pray for Jonathan?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by stevecantrell: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2015
Those Dumb asses on twitter seem to forget, Lagos is in DEBT. Where is the money ? What did Ambode meet in LASG coffers ?
I don't want to believe these folks were sponsored to make these daft comments. But anything is possible...
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by BankManager(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2015
I thought I was the only one
wondering what Ambode has achieved
in the last hundred days. I'm not
surprised Sha. Jim was the best for
lag..
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by buchilino(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2015
AdmiralDru:
They should free the guy jare. They can only rant online, thats the worse Nigerians can do.

This^^^^ right here is the reason politicians take the masses for granted

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by lilmizwierd(f): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2015
AdmiralDru:
They should free the guy jare. They can only rant online, thats the worse Nigerians can do.
come and take hug jhoor
Ranting since time memorial

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by goodfornothing(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Ambode is better than Fash
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by haabimbohlar(f): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2015
In as much as its too early to judge Ambode but am not seeing any green light rather he's derailing continuity
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by francizy(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2015
For the first time in history of Nigerian leadership, a presidential photographer (APC) became a celebrity. His activities (wedding and others) were even carried by magazines, newspapers and news website/blogs.

Are you still in doubt that we're in the era of photocracy?? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Reference(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
ephi123:
I agree. Ambode is not up to par so far. Fashola set a standard so naturally expectations are high for Ambode and sadly he seems not to be living up to it at all.

Nigerians are so ignorant. They just don't know how things work. Just sentiments.

Listen. True democracy is the only guarantee of sustainable performance. It is not about who wins elections but about the process by which he or she got there. Ambode was selected and so he is accountable only to the selectors. If he tries to satisfy the electorate he will end up like Fashola.

I said it a couple of years ago Houphet Boigny was Premier of Ivory Coast for decades and under him the Ivorians enjoyed unprecedented boom, the number two economy in west africa but the laws of democracy caught up after Boigny died and today Ivory Coast is no better than Liberia.

If Lagos fails to instal democratically elected governance time and again it is heading for calamity. That is unavoidable. The kind of turbulence that will rock the state post Tinubu will shock many. These are the issues Nigeria has surmounted by a peaceful transition, the reason we say Jonathan is the best so far, that is because the system was allowed to work and popular will was respected.

People constitute the wealth of nations and you cannot have individuals no matter how influencial and powerful deciding and setting the standards of their lives and living. Very soon contempt is bound to emerge and unfortunately Lagos has very weak democratic structures to fall back on. There is trouble ahead. The Ekiti we all laugh at is miles ahead of Lagos and the Osun we are amazed at is the vital sign of what is to come.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, eternal power outside God can only be satanic.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by CSTR2: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
''Even if ambode presents nepa bill, i will still vote for him''
''Jimi agbaje is not omo-oluabi, our oba said so''.
Low IQ mofos.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by CSTR2: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Reference:

Nigerians are so ignorant. They just don't know how things work. Just sentiments.

Listen. True democracy is the only guarantee of sustainable performance. It is not about who wins elections but about the process by which he or she got there. Ambode was selected and so he is accountable only to the selectors. If he tries to satisfy the electorate he will end up like Fashola.

I said it a couple of years ago Houphet Boigny was Premier of Ivory Coast for decades and under him the Ivorians enjoyed unprecedented boom, the number two economy in west africa but the laws of democracy caught up after Boigny died and today Ivory Coast is no better than Liberia.

If Lagos fails to instal democratically elected governance time and again it is heading for calamity. That is unavoidable. The kind of turbulence that will rock the state post Tinubu will shock many. These are the issues Nigeria has surmounted by a peaceful transition, the reason we say Jonathan is the best so far, that is because the system was allowed to work and popular will was respected.

People constitute the wealth of nations and you cannot have individuals no matter how influencial and powerful deciding and setting the standards of their lives and living. Very soon contempt is bound to emerge and unfortunately Lagos has very weak democratic structures to fall back on. There is trouble ahead. The Ekiti we all laugh at is miles ahead of Lagos and the Osun we are amazed at is the vital sign of what is to come.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, eternal power outside God can only be satanic.
Ekiti is doing very fine.
They are not caught up in the whole APC-omo-oluabi-tinubu bullshitt.
Very sophisticated .

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by stevecantrell: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Reference:

You spoke my mind.
Mind you the whole twitter rant looks like it was sponsored by Fashola and his goons.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by stevecantrell: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
Reference:

You spoke my mind.
Mind you the whole twitter rant looks like it was sponsored by Fashola and his goons

1 Like

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
lilzeel:
only u believe what u wrote. check their ACCTS...u will know they are magicians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Audu Ogbeh: Reduce Visa To Nigerian Youths By EU / Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration / Fulani Herder Shot Dead In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.