Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,675 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance (25675 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / The Man Peter Obi And The Truth About His Governance In Anambra State / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by DisGuy: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Is he waiting for Tinubu to name his commissioners?
Dude is slower than Buhari, accountants are generally bad managers/government, just good bean counters.
Lagosians should put the heat on...

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Reference(m): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:

This^^^^ right here is the reason politicians take the masses for granted

Well the word sychophancy was concocted for a reason but it amazes me just how people think. Don't they read papers, listen to news. Is there any democratically elected leader anywhere in the world that has not had it very rough and tough this past forthnight. From Merkel of Germany, Abbott of Australia, Obama of the US, name them. For one thing or the other they have been grilled and eaten alive but they resign or go home when their tenure ends with a good, fair or poor legacy. It is only in dictatorships that people keep shut but the dictators almost always end up in exile, prison or the gallows. You cannot have it both ways. Those who cannot be criticised cannot succeed.

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by ephi123(f): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Reference:

Nigerians are so ignorant. They just don't know how things work. Just sentiments.

Listen. True democracy is the only guarantee of sustainable performance. It is not about who wins elections but about the process by which he or she got there. Ambode was selected and so he is accountable only to the selectors. If he tries to satisfy the electorate he will end up like Fashola.

I said it a couple of years ago Houphet Boigny was Premier of Ivory Coast for decades and under him the Ivorians enjoyed unprecedented boom, the number two economy in west africa but the laws of democracy caught up after Boigny died and today Ivory Coast is no better than Liberia.

If Lagos fails to instal democratically elected governance time and again it is heading for calamity. That is unavoidable. The kind of turbulence that will rock the state post Tinubu will shock many. These are the issues Nigeria has surmounted by a peaceful transition, the reason we say Jonathan is the best so far, that is because the system was allowed to work and popular will was respected.

People constitute the wealth of nations and you cannot have individuals no matter how influencial and powerful deciding and setting the standards of their lives and living. Very soon contempt is bound to emerge and unfortunately Lagos has very weak democratic structures to fall back on. There is trouble ahead. The Ekiti we all laugh at is miles ahead of Lagos and the Osun we are amazed at is the vital sign of what is to come.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, eternal power outside God can only be satanic.

Nigerians are so ignorant, I assume that includes you right?

Back to your post, basically your definition of democracy = satisfying / being accountable to his "selectors" rather than the state he is meant to govern?! SMH. I wouldn't even know where to start from so will just pass on this. Good luck to Lagos state. Ambode should keep sleeping till the 4 years is up. Nonsense

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by specco(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Lagosians should Stop Crying over Spilled Milk... They Want 'Change' and that's what they're Getting. Oba Akiolu would be Laughing at the Gullible People he has Deceived

Oba of lagoon is currently busy in London buying Agege bread. Eko o ni baje!

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by davidque007(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
singing in MI's voice "ambo ooooooo, amboooo, eko sese de o amboooo" ambo has landed now lagosians are complaining. i wonder what they expected from one of tinubu's staff

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
i might just give gov. Ambode some time to fix things as so far, he hasn't really done much but what baffles me is how any rightful and reasonable thinking person who saw the debate between jimi and Ambode would still think Ambode was a better candidate beats me, Jimi floored him, i saw in Jimi a man that was so passionate about the state and really wanted to work and deliver but a ot of people fell for the lagoon scam and all the political talks, it hurts that he lost but now that we have Ambode as our Governor, i also want what's best for lagos, so good luck to him.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by TS2(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
buchilino:

BROS MANY YEARS DO U WANT THEM 2 BE GIVEN?, I MEAN AMBODE IS NOT NEW 2 LAGOS. HE NOS HOW THINGS R IN LAGOS N WHERE 2 START BE D TRUTH IS DAT GUY NEVA HAD AN AGENDA. TINUBU WAS D ONE CALLING ALL D SHOOTS. UNFORTUNATELY MOST LAGOSIANS REFUSED 2 ACCEPT D REALITY. JIMI WAS FAR THAN AMBODE. MARK MY WORD BY DIS NEXT YEAR LAGOS WILL WORST THAN WAT IT IS NOW.

My prayer is that by this time next year Lagos should not be as "worst" as your written English.

Good afternoon.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by VickJames(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
I'm not trying to bash the governor, but its like Lagos doesn't have a governor. Nothing is happening in Lagos these days. Its like the governor is confused on what to improve in the state. Fashola created a big vacuum even the fat Ambode cannot fill.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by RichDad1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lyoncrescent:
When Fashola was in power, there was often LASTMA in conjuction with members of the NURTW that prevented danfo buses from staying on the express at Mile 12. They were often forced to the service lane back then. Fast forward to ambodes era, no lastma can be found there and even if they are there, they are not as active. The implication of this is that a journey from Ikorodu to Mile 12 now takes 2 hours at times even on a sunday night as i experienced yesterday.The journey when the road is free is about 10 -15 minutes.

I am not so sure about this ambode. Fashola did a lot for ikorodu in terms of roads such as the new Ikorodu to Ketu road(Even though the road is confusing and benefits BRT ), Ibeshe road, Obafemi Awolowo Road and Igbogbo road. I doubt if Ambode can beat his achievements.
I nearly abandoned my car on Saturday. Ambode is losing it so soon and very fast.

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by showblack(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
hadecunleh:
Danfo drivers now stop and load passengers on the highway with Lastma officials looking bye as if it's not their business.

Okada back to status quo

Area boys? Don't even get me started!

It will only take 6months for Ambode the photo guy to wreck Fashola's 8 year effort.

U can never satisfy a nigerian man.. Most resident of lagosians were complaining about lastma during fashola tenure, they claimed they are too wicked. And this gentle and kind governor limits their power and u are still complaining.. Na wa oo
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by HOTWATER(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
GEJ did not do anything for 6 yrs and Buhari body odour is fixing power and refineries. Fashola changed Lagos to London , But Ambode Body scent is scattering it (who is fooling who?). Willie Obiano was voted in against Ngige, we were accused of being sentimental . Today , we have been proved right. We also saw through the propaganda of APC in lagos and was also described as sentimental . Who really is the Sentimental one here ? What an adult sees seating down,a child can never see ranting on twitter .

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by mykel25(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
SenseiX:
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=ambode&s=typd&x=17&y=15
Cc lalasticlala

Need a magnifying lens to read this mtcheew! Can't OP zoom the image after screen grabbing it n screen grab it again so that we ll can c it

Somebody tell me what's written there?
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Damminglola(f): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Atk1nson(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
OAMMB:
the level of insecurity under this amobode is appalling....you are driving in traffic you are scared someone will shatter your windows and rob you.

so am not alone on this.

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Atk1nson(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
VickJames:
I'm not trying to bash the governor, but its like Lagos doesn't have a governor. Nothing is happening in Lagos these days. Its like the governor is confused on what to improve in the state. Fashola created a big vacuum even the fat Ambode cannot fill.
Lagos stopped 'working' when Fashola left office

Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lagos nah place? Theyy are justt not satisfied. U can't satisfy an average lagosian.
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by godwin120alex: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Pls leave Amobode alone he has started working in Ejigboo road and I know his eyes are on Ago rd
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by mikolo80: 1:25am On Sep 22, 2015
AdmiralDru:
They should free the guy jare. They can only rant online, thats the worse Nigerians can do.
till 2019 when the rant turns to votes
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by chinchum(m): 5:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Reference:

Nigerians are so ignorant. They just don't know how things work. Just sentiments.

Listen. True democracy is the only guarantee of sustainable performance. It is not about who wins elections but about the process by which he or she got there. Ambode was selected and so he is accountable only to the selectors. If he tries to satisfy the electorate he will end up like Fashola.

I said it a couple of years ago Houphet Boigny was Premier of Ivory Coast for decades and under him the Ivorians enjoyed unprecedented boom, the number two economy in west africa but the laws of democracy caught up after Boigny died and today Ivory Coast is no better than Liberia.

If Lagos fails to instal democratically elected governance time and again it is heading for calamity. That is unavoidable. The kind of turbulence that will rock the state post Tinubu will shock many. These are the issues Nigeria has surmounted by a peaceful transition, the reason we say Jonathan is the best so far, that is because the system was allowed to work and popular will was respected.

People constitute the wealth of nations and you cannot have individuals no matter how influencial and powerful deciding and setting the standards of their lives and living. Very soon contempt is bound to emerge and unfortunately Lagos has very weak democratic structures to fall back on. There is trouble ahead. The Ekiti we all laugh at is miles ahead of Lagos and the Osun we are amazed at is the vital sign of what is to come.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, eternal power outside God can only be satanic.
Ambo was elected by popular votes of Lagosians. Quit writing trash. In 4 months, it might seem he has a slow start, but i think the real issue is that expectations from electorates have soared, he will be compared with his immediate predecessor, but to be objective, can any one detail what fashola had achieved from june 2007- sept 2007?
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by CalabarGirls: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
datagigilo:
To early

DATAGIGILO IS A CRIMINAL.

DSS & SARS are looking for him.

He has defrauded so many people of their MTN N1,500 cards.

If u know his whereabout pls lets know. Seun pls help! MTN has already published his name as wanted
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Akadaworld(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2015
datagigilo:
To early

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUDSTER

His name is Akindele James

He used to use datagiglo signature which he closed down to use this one now.

He is a fraudster. He is not selling any cheap data. Once you send him recharge card via his 07031350573 and numerous other lines he will ignore you.

I have already reported him to the DSS & SARS. They are working on him.

In case you have issues with him, please forward it to me so I can add it to what I have submitted to the DSS & SARS.

DSS and SARS are already after him.

He can run as much as he wants. He will either be arrested and jailed or shot dead. Quote me any day, any time. No matter how long it takes and how much it will cost me, I will show him that my father is a retired General in the Nigeria Army. Just wait and see
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by eldega: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Damminglola:
Eko o ni baje ju bayi lo. Amin. grin

eyin na le baaje bayi
Re: Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance by Damminglola(f): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
eldega:

eyin na le baaje bayi

L'ona wo oooo?

Dr. Olu Agunloye Is Wanted By EFCC / Inec’s Team Probes Alleged Irregularities In Rivers Polls - PUNCH / South Africans Celebrate Jacob Zuma Over His Statue In Owerri, Nigeria