Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage (1622 Views)

Early Marriage / Dating An Insecure Guy / Dating An Only Child. Not Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by mimigirl(f): 4:10am On Oct 07, 2006
Dating an only child, suddenly the parents came up with an idea that they would want him/her to get married sooner. And now you are not financially fit to get married and he/she is also financially handicap. What would you do at this present condition?
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2006
If she can't think independently, I probably won't find her attractive in the first place. So I won't experience such.

I'll make it clear to any girl I'm dating that I'm dating her and not her parents. If that's not ok with her, she should dump me as quickly as possible. Whatever parents say will be taken as a suggestion and not a law.

If your boyfriend/girlfriend can't put you first, won't the parents won't be running your future marriage?
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2006
@seun
i second that.
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by Oracle(m): 3:21am On Jul 30, 2007
@seun
I third that.
lol
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by PHEESAYOUR(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2007
@Seun

I fourth it!
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2007
Wise words indeed, Seun.
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by amaikama(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2007
I disagree! angry Let look at this more closely. "ONLY CHILD", that means they want their grand child before they die since he or she have grown up to become a man or woman and i do see reason for wanting their daughter or son to get married. mind you, we are not the white that can have only a child and say it ok. they only suggested it not that they impose it on him or her.

Not forgetting, an only child is the apple of the parents eye. they can protect and pamper him or her more than their own lives and they want u to get married.

Let me ask you this question. if for example your wife gave birth to a babe girl and by some divine circumstances she could not give birth again and you think a girl is also a child and your parents, a chronic Africans would not hear of that, what would you do?
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by Youngpo413: 5:21am On Aug 29, 2015
mimigirl:
Dating an only child, suddenly the parents came up with an idea that they would want him/her to get married sooner. And now you are not financially fit to get married and he/she is also financially handicap. What would you do at this present condition?
all naija ladies will gladly grab tHe opportunity,they don't think twice when they hear the word marriage...I'm sure you are not a nigerian.
Re: Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2015
Its a matter of agreement . if the parent of the lady/ man can foot the expenses of the marriage, then let's grab some... @seun I don't follow ur motion. so zeroth it....

(1) (Reply)

This Is A Crazy Story. My Friend A & B In A Saga Of A Lady / Girls Dnt Call / I Feel Scared To Ask A Girl Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.