Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby (67747 Views)

It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Henrique4real(f): 12:49am On Feb 18, 2016
There are too many Foolish and ungodly hegoats parading themselves as men! Jeez! May God therefore give u wives that have the same Character with you in Jesus name.easy to say but when they are at the receiving end, we wud start hearing about how all women are bitches and how they are not suitable as wives. Iranu!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 12:50am On Feb 18, 2016
Memejem:
For you to ask a woman to disregard a cheating husband is for you to ask her to emotionally give up on the marriage. What is the point of remaining married if that's the case.

There are many things that women should be cautioned and instructed to forgive and let pass in a marriage but definetely not adultery. If a woman sincerely tries to work on the marital issues that lead to her husband to seek sex outside and he still refuses to change what is the need of staying in that marriage? So the man can now come and give her an STD? Or she shouldn't have sex again in her marriage? So she should face her children and sacrifice having a love life.

I understand what you're meaning to say and maybe it would be more likely for a woman to remain in the home and disregard her husbands promiscuity in the olden days but it's not realistic in modern nigeria. People are more exposed and educated. Woken have more options and opportunities available to them. They don't have to stay in a marriage by force anymore because they can't afford to care for themselves otherwise. I don't want to speak for all women so I shall speak for myself. I will not take it. Never. No matter what it will leave a negative impact on my way of life. I will not be able to function knowing that my husband is having extramarital affairs and is unwilling to change. It is one thing if we have a matured discussion and decide to move forward and he actually stops sleeping around. With time we will mend. But if his is UNWULLING then Biko no time to waste time. I am out. Peace of mind is free. Peace

I made a promise, a vow and a convenant with a man under God and I will keep that promise until they day I die and I expect the man to do the same. This is MARRIAGE not boyfriend/girlfriend wahala. This a scared bonding between two individuals.

If this matrimonial home is a Muslim family where men are entitled in the religion to practise polygamy and have up to 4 wives. The woman can now argue that the man should stop having sex outside and marry another wife. But I highly doubt that after 4 wives a man who has the mentality of a serial cheater will stop there. Now if this is a Christian marriage then seriously what is the point? The man will not change. The woman may stay if she is 50± and does not see herself starting life all over again. Perhaps sex is no longer as important to her as it used to be. But to ask a woman below 50 to basically live a celibate life with a cheating husband is wickedness. Because she will not want to sleep with her husband again, the love will be gone, that close relationship is broken. You are living with an enemy.

How will this shape the minds of the children who view the relationship of their parents? Unless the wife is unaware of the husbands actions there is no way they can reasonably function as a family unit and remain truly in love unless they have an agreement that the husband is free to do as he pleases and he agrees to always use protection outside.

But I don't agree to such agreements in marriage. And therefore I can not be content in such a marriage. The real question here is in a Nigerian household if a woman is a serial cheater would you ask the husband to bear within the marriage?

Truthfully, marriage is a commitment and nobody said it would be easy. But, whether man or woman ANYBODY who is not willing to commit to thier spouse security is not ready for marriage. We are human and sometimes we make mistakes and cheat on the ons we love, but if the love is there forgiveness will come. The problem is when the cheating never stops. Then there is no need to remain in my opinion.

All of this only makes sense if you married for love. If you married for money then of course you will stay in the marriage Na. When ur cheating husband does his own, you go and do your own outside and continue to collect the the money. Loooolll. Just jokes

But this is my humble opinion. It's a long epistle sha. But you don't have to agree with me. But that is how I see it.

Cant believe i had to quote all these but then what option would you take?
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2016
Henrique4real:
There are too many Foolish and ungodly hegoats parading themselves as men! Jeez! May God therefore give u wives that have the same Character with you in Jesus name.easy to say but when they are at the receiving end, we wud start hearing about how all women are bitches and how they are not suitable as wives. Iranu!

ok ma so what would you do?

You have various options to pick from.
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 12:54am On Feb 18, 2016
mizquote:
Op must be a Yoruba man.

Proudly an educated,objective,pragmatic and down to earth guy from the Yoruba clan so any issues with that?

Anyways,lets know thye option you would settle for.

Thanks
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by banmee(m): 12:55am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

This is a thread for men and not boys please...

If you want to comment here please do so like a matured person and not one high on liquor or oshogbo weed. Its not a must to make comments an we are not in a palm wine joint so make intelligent comments or keep mum.

A thread for men? What are you doing posting topics here then?

1 Like

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Tolatutu: 12:56am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

Proudly an educated,objective,pragmatic and down to earth guy from the Yoruba clan so any issues with that?

Thanks

I would divorce the cheating goat and wait till i find a decent man. That option does exist, many women have gone on to marry faithful men, i would rather be single for life than stay with a philanderer.

6 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 1:01am On Feb 18, 2016
banmee:

A thread for men? What are you doing posting topics here then?

What a question?

Im old enough to have a graduate as a child...how i wish Seun has age sections on nairaland.
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Memejem: 1:01am On Feb 18, 2016
It's a long response I know sorry. But I wanted to make my point.

Also I would pick a mixture of option of 1,3. In a case of an unrepentant serial cheater. I would leave my husband. But who says I must remain single and celibate? I can date and find a new man who I feel will be able to respect me and the institution of marriage and we can marry. And for you to say keep changing husbands in option 3 is unrealistic. Not all men cheat and obviously the second time around I would take my time choosing a new partner and hope to find one that I am compatible with. One that would not repeat the same mistakes as the first.

You know the options you created are not the only options available and are a little unrealistic. If a woman divorces at pretty young age that doesn't mean she must remain single. Doesn't mean she must remain celibate. Option 3 insinuates that all men are cheaters so she would have to continue divorcing and we know that not all men cheat.

Toks2008:

Cant believe i had to quote all these but then what option would you take?

5 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 1:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

I would divorce the cheating goat and wait till i find a decent man. That option does exist, many women have gone on to marry faithful men, i would rather be single for life than stay with a philanderer.

Issorite
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Memejem: 1:05am On Feb 18, 2016
I'm telling you. Why would I settle for less. All these men want to have their cake and eat it too

Tolatutu:

5 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by banmee(m): 1:06am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

What a question?

Im old enough to have a graduate as a child...how i wish Seun has age sections on nairaland.

You know what I think? I think you have a potency problem. You can't function unless you can dominate a woman. I bet if you meet a confident woman it shrinks up. What's with you and male dominance? You need help. Every article you post is always about the subjugation of the female species. I will pray for you. Now close your eyes.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 1:06am On Feb 18, 2016
Memejem:

Also I would pick a mixture of option of 1,3. In a case of an unrepentant serial cheater. I would leave my husband. But who says I must remain single and celibate? I can date and find a new man who I feel will be able to respect me and the institution of marriage and we can marry. And for you to say keep changing husbands in option 3 is unrealistic. Not all men cheat and obviously the second time around I would take my time choosing a new partner and hope to find one that I am compatible with. One that would not repeat the same mistakes as the first.

You know the options you created are not the only options available and are a little unrealistic. If a woman divorces at pretty young age that doesn't mean she must remain single. Doesn't mean she must remain celibate. Option 3 insinuates that all men are cheaters so she would have to continue divorcing and we know that not all men cheat.

i no talk sey all men cheat and the third option is clear.....WILL U CONTINUE TO CHANGE HUBBY IF THE NEW ONE also CHEATS?
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Henrique4real(f): 1:07am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

@ Bold letterings...

You are very free to cheat back s a revenge dearie so look at this objectively and not dogmatically. [b][/b]A s long as you are ready to drag yourself in the mud cos a randy guy decides to do his thing then please go ahead..no one is forcing any lady to maintain a status quo.

That is where u get it totally wrong! How about we say she joins him in the mud instead of saying she drags herself there because surely the man in question is already a muddied and shameless person who allows only his Dick to think and speak for him.

6 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by mizquote(f): 1:08am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

Thanks

I'm not surprised you re yoruba.

you see, the world isn't as it use to be where women were treated as foot mat and slaves the world has evolved and its still doing.

women re now self independent, educated and have dignity. marriage is not the ultimate, apostle paul said marriage wasn't meant for everyone.

marriage is a fusion of two brings that is why the bible said the two shall be one, as the man and woman body belongs not to themselves but to each other.

I will never ever stay with an unrepentant philander. marriage is not for cheating and no cheating for in the bible marriage can be dissolved on the basis of sexual infidelity.

I better divorce him because I can never pretend to ignore him if hes a bloody cheat.

I may re-marry to a man I'm sure won't cheat if he repeat same I will do same.

with the kind of women I see now I am proud of how our future daughters will be, strong, intelligent and confident.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Tolatutu: 1:09am On Feb 18, 2016
Memejem:

That's the type of "logic" they use to try and scare women into staying with serial cheats but women are wiser now. BEfore it would be no one would marry a divorcees but now we all know thats a big lie, many divorcees will remarry before single women their age sef

8 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by gemale(m): 1:10am On Feb 18, 2016
op no try @ all. 2 dey advise women 2 tolerate cheating husbands no good @ all. Both partners r supposed 2 b mutually faithful 2 each oda. A cheating partner has already eroded d foundation of trust dt marriage is supposed 2 b built on so y shld a woman cheated on stay in a marriage dt makes her sad? If d partner cheated on decides 2 4gv & move on, ok bt if dey decide 2 end d marriage, u cant blame dem. Its nt everybody dt can tolerate a cheating spouse & being a man or woman is no license 4 1 2 cheat on ones spouse. If op isnt a hypocrite, let him give men d same advice when their wives cheat.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 1:10am On Feb 18, 2016
banmee:

You know what I think? I think you have a potency problem. You can't function unless you can dominate a woman. I bet if you meet a confident woman it shrinks up. What's with you and male dominance? You need help. Every article you post is always about the subjugation of the female species. I will pray for you. Now close your eyes.

You really think i have time for your juvenline deliquencies?

I think i should stop responding to your vague comments.
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 18, 2016
[/color]
Toks2008:
All over the world,women divorce their hubbies for so many reasons but statistics have shown that infidelity tops the list especially in this part of the world where polygamy has become the norm,[color=#000099]but the question is;does it make sense for a lady to divorce her hubby over infidelity when same man can as well decide and indeed marry more wives?

I want ladies to understand this one vital point that most and i mean MOST HUSBANDS will cheat on their wives even if they are married to angels and the fact that your husband cheats on you does not mean he does not deeply love and desire you.

Please don't get it twisted...Not all men cheat and adultery is a sin before GOD and all adulterers be a man or woman shall end up in hell but i am not here to preach any sermon but to face reality head on.

Many ladies are always quick to say they can not stand an adulterer as a husband and some will threaten to rain fire and brimstone on a philandering hubby but in case you discover your hubby cheats on you please what would you do?

1.Would you rather leave your marriage, remain single and celibate for life?

2.Would you rather leave your adulterous hubby and start sleeping about with other men who are probably randy or husbands of other women?

3.Would you keep changing the new man to start all over with another if he also cheats on you?

4.Would you prefer to stay with an adulterous hubby and also shamelessly philander about in the bid to seek a revenge?

5.Would you prefer to stay with a philandering hubby,live a decent lifestyle and focus on your life and that of your children and just see him as a sex partner warning him to use protection if he must eat out?

6.Would you prefer a sexually decent hubby to take a new wife because he says he hates sleeping with random women?

Please don't answer with "none of the above because if you are in that position,you will certainly be faced with an option.

This is what i want many married ladies to know and i can't stress it enough..There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop a man to be polygamous either by sleeping around or taking a second wife "IF" he wants to and you can't even nag him out of it but In order to have a good stand if your hubby cheats on you,be a good wife first by being very humble,GOD fearing,Excellent cook,Financially independent,a crazy LovePeddler only to your hubby then watch and see.

Many ladies make some adulterous hubbies feel too important.Don't even think about worrying your head about your husband's fidelity but warn him to use protection if he must keep mistresses...i bet he will be so scared that he will sit up. Unfortunately many ladies just give their husband an excuse to have that Alpha ego whenever they rant and give them heat over an inconsequential emotionally vulnerable side dish.

There are more interesting things in life so please don't spoil your fun by hinging your happiness on your hubby's infidelity to you..trust me,If every married lady can care less if her husband cheats and just focus on developing her life and that of her child(ren),how happy many marriages will be. Its not difficult,,its a thing of the mind.

Hope this makes a little sense.

Please your write-up got me pretty confused, i need your clarification on this.....
All these so-called men that cheats, please, who are they cheating with?, "MEN", obviously not. I bet you know they are cheating with women.
Men can't demand women be faithful, but at the same time continue cheating, because that's contradictory and hypocritical, since these men aren't cheating with their fellow men.

If you expect faithfulness from women, you indirectly saying you expect the same thing from men as well, because it takes two(both gender)to tango, and besides these men are't gays.

The earlier you men admit to yourselves that the ratio of cheating men is proportional to that of cheating women the better for you.

Cheating is just wrong, irrespective of gender

10 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Pataricatering(f): 1:12am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

What is this rubbish you are vomiting?it's better a woman care less about her philandering hubby and maybe even buy condom for his away match sef? If he can't satisfy his wife somebody else would do it for him. Nonsense.
Im sorry i have edited and number 4 is now number five and i muust say you are likely not to have issues in your marriage with this reasonable mindset.

I have conseled many married ladies and 8 out of 10 issues bothers on the sexual infidelity of the man and after i finish talking to them they tend to realize the truth.

No man is worth your stress and while we know there are men who will not cheat on their wives,there is usually no stamp on their heads that they will be faithful.

My write ups are usually deep and very hard for the immature at heart to decipher. I believe if every lady can care less as difficult as it may sound and ignore a philandering hubby,the happier they will be.

My advice for the guy who have decided to tow this lane is to respect the wife n do it far far away and also use a protection to reduce the chance of bringing home sti to the woman at home.

Most men are not nterested in having you leave for another lady but they just want to have a taste of any emotionally vulnulrable lady who brings herself so cheaply to share another lady hubby but wen you start making trouble wiith him and trying to prevent him from unleashing his passion,that is when trouble starts.

A good guy can turn bad and a faithful man can bcome a reckless philanderer so these questions are very vital only for a lady who is faced with the situation.

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Tolatutu: 1:13am On Feb 18, 2016
gemale:
op no try @ all. 2 dey advise women 2 tolerate cheating husbands no good @ all. Both partners r supposed 2 b mutually faithful 2 each oda. A cheating partner has already eroded d foundation of trust dt marriage is supposed 2 b built on so y shld a woman cheated on stay in a marriage dt makes her sad? If d partner cheated on decides 2 4gv & move on, ok bt if dey decide 2 end d marriage, u cant blame dem. Its nt everybody dt can tolerate a cheating spouse & being a man or woman is no license 4 1 2 cheat on ones spouse. If op isnt a hypocrite, let him give men d same advice when their wives cheat.

Gbam, Op will you tell a man to stay with a cheating wife because the next woman he marries may also cheat

4 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Memejem: 1:13am On Feb 18, 2016
Are we talking about reality here or a figment of your imagination? It's like you are trying to force an answer out of everyone.

I will leave the man. Simple. And wait until I can find a man compatible with my taste. If I marry a second time and I love the man and he ends up being a serial cheat I will leave him as well. And remain single. At that point it doesn't make sense to remarry. Any rational man or woman at this point would be scarred and would not risk being hurt again.

Maybe you've never been in love and only lust. Because if you truly know what love is you can't just be cheating on your spouse anyhow unrepentantly and not try to change when confronted.

Toks2008:

i no talk sey all men cheat and the third option is clear.....WILL U CONTINUE TO CHANGWE HUBBY IF THE BEW ONE also CHEATS?

6 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by banmee(m): 1:14am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

It will take time for prayers to work on you. Be patient.

11 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Toks2008(m): 1:14am On Feb 18, 2016
mizquote:

I'm not surprised you re yoruba.

you see, the world isn't as it use to be where women were treated as foot mat and slaves the world has evolved and its still doing.

women re now self independent, educated and have dignity. marriage is not the ultimate, apostle paul said marriage wasn't meant for everyone.

marriage is a fusion of two brings that is why the bible said the two shall be one, as the man and woman body belongs not to themselves but to each other.

I will never ever stay with an unrepentant philander. marriage is not for cheating and no cheating for in the bible marriage can be dissolved on the basis of sexual infidelity.

I better divorce him because I can never pretend to ignore him if hes a bloody cheat.

I may re-marry to a man I'm sure won't cheat if he repeat same I will do same.

with the kind of women I see now I am proud of how our future daughters will be, strong, intelligent and confident.

ok then

Please are there married ladies reading this? i need to see comments from them.

1 Like

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Pataricatering(f): 1:15am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

The comments are not going the way you expected? Is it not single women that will eventually become married women? Why discriminate?

Why not use words liike tough? sounds more intellectually decent but i guess you are far from understanding the marital institution so its ok to feel they are crazy.

Only marrried ladies will identify with the relevance.

Maybe only married ladies should make comments...so that the thread can serve its purpose except maybe you are married.
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by mizquote(f): 1:17am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

As a Christian Sir I expect you to represent Christ wherever you re.

the bible says our body is the temple of God as sexual sins grieves the spirit and opens gateways to demons.

its not impossible for a man to remain chaste and stick to his wife.

pls stop mocking God by saying 97percent of men cheat.

adultery comes like every other sin as such to be rebuked..

preach sexual chastity instead of endurance and you preach the gospel.

don't let the devil use you.

14 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Tolatutu: 1:18am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

ok then

Please are there married ladies reading this? i need to see comments from them.

I'am married, stop assuming we're all single

3 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Memejem: 1:20am On Feb 18, 2016
If your advice is for women to care less in their marriage, my guy what is point of being married then? Is it not to care for the other? There are vows that you make.

You seem to be someone who has a very strong opinion about something and whilst you are trying very hard to convince others that your perspective is right. You forget that other people have thier own different perspectives and live different truths than you. Anyone who disagrees with you, you comment that they are immature or weak at heart.

What is the point of your question if you don't have an open mind and unwilling to see that men and women have differing opionins.

Your viewpoint just leaves the option that marriage is not for love. You cannot control how much love you have in your heart for someone. That's why this cheating of a thing is always tragic

12 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by cococandy(f): 1:21am On Feb 18, 2016
doveda:

I am laughing like a mad woman at bolded

Biko it should we lead while they followsmiley
cheesy
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by Henrique4real(f): 1:22am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

ok ma so what would you do?

You have various options to pick from.

Sir, I am just really angry cos the only thing I see this thread doing is encouraging promiscous men to Pat themselves on the shoulder instead of scolding themselves. I don't even want to talk about what I wud do. If u know the pains and the resultant dashing of ego involved when u are a faithful person loving an unfaithful partner, u won't put up this thread! Seriously, all I want to do is attack this thread.

12 Likes

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by cococandy(f): 1:25am On Feb 18, 2016
So you know tok2008?
Lol I think say na only me.
I've given up on the dude long time ago.
banmee:

Here we go again. Another chauvinistic article from a chauvinistic prick. You can never end up with an assured and confident woman. I pity the slave you end up with. I strongly believe you should emigrate to Afghanistan or Iraq. You'll fit perfectly over there. At least they think exactly the way you do in matters relating to women. This muthafucker is justifying staying with a philandering husband. Really? Come and say this same shiit in an organized society and see if they'll not throw you out head first. There is something seriously wrong with you. I wonder what kind of environment you grew up in. I really wonder. I will keep bugging you till you receive sense.

1 Like

Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by cococandy(f): 1:25am On Feb 18, 2016
Toks2008:

This is a thread for men and not boys please...

If you want to comment here please do so like a matured person and not one high on liquor or oshogbo weed. Its not a must to make comments an we are not in a palm wine joint so make intelligent comments or keep mum.
See man. grin
Re: Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby by banmee(m): 1:25am On Feb 18, 2016
cococandy:
So you know tok2008?
Lol I think say na only me.
I've given up on the dude long time ago.

He needs deliverance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Makinde Pilot Sisters: Mopelola, Oluwaseun and Oluwafunmilayo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.