Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Did I Betray My Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Betray My Friend? (2349 Views)

Oh My God! I Betray The Love Of My Life But..... / Did I Betray My Friend? Am In Deep Love: / Did I Goof? My Experience With A Lady I Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Betray My Friend? by davydtroy(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
Am in tertiary institution, during course registration in first semester a beautiful girl walked up to me ask me some questions about how the registration is being done and how to locate her level adviser. At that instance I knew she was a fresher, I didn't take cognizance of her beauty then because I was going through a lot then. Thereafter, during fresher's orientation in my dept she walked up to me to thank me. We exchanged pleasantry and gave me her number. A bosom friend of mine saw me when I was talking with her, he told me he likes the girl and want to date her. I told him no problem that whenever he's ready I'll give him the girl's phone number and he told me to wait until he gets a multimedia phone. I never had the intention of asking the girl out or even to date her. We started chatting on whatsapp and once in a while she pays me visit in my apartment. There was this faithful day that she came, we gisted, ate together and watched movie together when she was about leaving I held her hand and kissed her lips. Eversince then she has been coming to my place and we became very close. I've developed feelings for her and I guess she has too. She came few days ago and met this my friend that had crush on her during orientation, I introduce her as my friend to him. Since then my friend has been telling other guys that I betrayed him, I snatched the girl he had a crush on and it really disgusting. He's ruining my reputation. Please fellow nairalanders did I betray my friend?
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by donholy28(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
No u didn't betray him...ur mind na jonsing man.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by afolwalex20(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
No undecided
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
you did not jare
but you should have told him you like her.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by naijaboiy: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Betray ke? cheesy

Your friend dey dull na! Besides na you first know the girl grin

2 Likes

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Greyworld: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
All is fair in love and

War.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by kossyablaze(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
MBA...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by ronald4lif(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
She was never his babe, so the issue of betrayal is negligible and trifling. Shouldn't even be discussed. Ask him to explain to anyone who cares to listen how you betrayed him.

Although you might have picked interest in her after the friend indicated interest in her. Perhaps you were motivated to chase her and wanted to find out what he saw in this girl you never noticed. Either way, it's still no betrayal. They were never an item.

1 Like

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Tallesty1(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lmao........

Let him blame the gods jaree.

1 Like

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Betray who?to think you met the gal first.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by IamLEGEND1: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
he been dey dull
so fire on..
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Twaci(f): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
First to come....

But u sef, after giving him her number and being fully aware of his feelings for her, u still go dey kiss her...

Not cool.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by damilareoye: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
you didn't... you are just smarter than him grin
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by henribj(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
op one thing you should know is never introduce a girl to any of your male friends as "she is just a friend"
always make it known to them that you like the girl(it does not matter if you like her now or not)
that is just me ... we all are different though...
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
U shuda told him when the feelings crept in.. It's not okay that uv agreed to help him get her yet u still kissed her.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by raziboi(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
taa

he shud go to hell
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by osesology(m): 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
My guy, my guy. First you didn't see anything to love in her until your friend began to show interest in her. Now your guy comes and finds that...ah ah, bros, reason am now. If na you, how you go feel, umh?
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by tosyne2much(m): 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
henribj:
op one thing you should know is never introduce a girl to any of your male friends as "she is just a friend"
always make it known to them that you like the girl(it does not matter if you like her now or not)
that is just me ... we all are different though...
Yeah i will have to subscribe to your point
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Edipee(m): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
damilareoye:
you didn't... you are just smarter than him grin
smart ke! Two dull guys - can't even blame him cos the girl likes him. His fren sef- him guy just get to know babe and he rushed in. I can't completely blame him also. Complicated situation. Like I said, the girl likes Op, His fren shud understand and move on.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Csami(m): 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
You did the right thing by not letting that beautiful girl slip from you. About the reputation stuff, let him continue reporting you while you keep lashing her. He lost so tell him to suck it up but on the other hand........YOU FVCKED UP
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by tosyne2much(m): 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
Op, let's not deceive ourselves, you self use style mess up somehow sha

In fact, na two of una mess up

Your friend on the other hand should have showed a propriety of maturity by letting go rather than telling it to cats and dogs
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Omotayor123(f): 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Of course you did!
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Avoid love triangle undecided
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Slimzjoe(m): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
You betrayed Nothing! angry that Your Friend should Hang himself.... Why is he even telling everyone about it? undecided

Mcheeew

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by bobbyluis(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Twaci:
First to come....

But u sef, after giving him her number and being fully aware of his feelings for her, u still go dey kiss her...

Not cool.
He didn't give his friend the number na,the friend wan buy better phone 1st b4 em go collect number and that's where he bleeped up

1 Like

Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by prettyjo(f): 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
I just laughed after reading this story grin

@op,you didn't betray your friend,you also have to go and warn that your friend to stop tarnishing your image unnecessarily.
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
You both are on the wrong sha... Fighting over some girl you probably wont remember in 2 years. Set your priorities right and stop kissing girls of whom your friends have already called dibs on.#guy code
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by YBMB(m): 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Bleep your friend.
Hes a dullard
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
Delay is dangerous...

That your guy have a bit of low self esteem
He needs to work on it before it affects him on big issues
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
naijaboiy:
Betray ke? cheesy

Your friend dey dull na! Besides na you first know the girl grin
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by ShayGirl(f): 5:05am On Sep 25, 2015
U knew her first and she became a friend u had no crush on.....FINE!! Ur friend later knew her, had a crush on her and even told you probably realising from u,dat u r jex mutual friends ..Then suddenly wen she visited,her LOVE crawled into ur heart!! Put urself in his shoes so as to knw how painful it is.. undecided

But, by painting ur name red, he is taking it too far...
Re: Did I Betray My Friend? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:08am On Sep 25, 2015
ShayGirl:
U knew her first and she became a friend u had no crush on.....FINE!! Ur friend later knew her, had a crush on her and even told you probably realising from u,dat u r jex mutual friends ..Then suddenly wen she visited,her LOVE crawled into ur heart!! Put urself in his shoes so as to knw how painful it is.. undecided

But, by painting ur name red, he is taking it too far...

isn't it past your bedtime?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Admits Sleeping With Her Dad On Radio Because He's Sweet! (listen) / What's The Biggest Sacrifice You Have Made,or Can Make For Love? / How Did You Meet The Person You Are Dating Now Or Married To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.