Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Labour Experience. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Labour Experience. (14077 Views)

Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? / This Is What You Do When Your Best Friend Is In Labour... / Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Labour Experience. by sevantex(m): 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
Been reading experiences and feeling chiils all over my bodi despite being a guy. Women rilly try and as such shuld be given more respect o with all this pains dy have to endure nd all. Kai, God bless all women o!

8 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by nodwus: 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
With my first I was induced, the pain was out of this world. Because I was induced I had all sorts of contraptions attached to my body to monitor the baby, so I couldn't move about freely.

All I had on was an oversized tee shirt. At a point I was going to sit on the floor but my hubby told me off, I confessed my sins ,prayed for forgiveness ,sang , moaned. I kept asking the female midwives "do you have kids? Did you shout like this when in labour? Are other women like this in labour?

Then I had gas and air and the thing made me high, like I was drunk. When they finally heeded to my demands for epidural it was too late I was too dialated.

My 2nd was funny I promised myself " no drama". The moment I knew labour had set in I woke hubby, went had a shower dressed up , applied make up in between contractions.........then proper labour set in sharp sharp I carry the same hands comot the same clothes. In fact I almost had the baby on the hospital corridor.

God is great

8 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by udysweet(f): 6:13am On Sep 27, 2015
All I can say is "wow" our mothers dey try. And to tink my late mum had 6 of us(minus d two miscarriages)
Hmm I'm so looking forward to wen I'll come and giv my own story buut erm by d way,me wey say I wan born triplets nko,chai? Abasi mmi mbok,tua mmin mbom o,lol!
God bless our mothers o and grant dos looking for the fruit of the womb!d desires of their heart. And for dos lik us who truly want truly want to experience,mak it happen soon!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Labour Experience. by outstandingjk(f): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2015
Asking me to share my first labour experience is just asking to read my testimony.
Okay now, lemme encourage someone with it.
I was post dated, baby enjoying my tummy and was giving an appointment for induction. Dressed like the chick, I went with my property to the hospital, at d registration center, I told them I can to deliver, they were all laughing at me. I was admitted over-night, while I was waiting to get my cannula, I saw a woman in labour seriously abusing the nurses, I was laughing and the doctor attending to me was like urs is on the way.
During the night, a nurse came to meet me that she is selling the drug for induction that hers is very effective that if I allow them use that of the hospital, that I will be in labour for days o, I asked her how much, just a thousand naira so I bought, you can bring along your drug in the hospital.
At about 4am, The Doc came to insert the drug, then I already took my bath, I had shaved myself before coming, I was still feeling calm, in the next 3 hours, the music changed, at about 8am my friend came with Easter Fried Rice and Chicken because it was on a easter sunday, I was still eating, Chai! I couldn't finish that food. I was just too restless, I began walking up and down oh, if my contractions were coming, I'll hold something, I even held the woman next to me, the squeezing of her hands didn't allow her give her hands to me again, Chizzy will tell me, please tie ur wrapper very well and I'll be like who cares, whoever wants to see should look. Lol.
At a point, the nurses told me to save some of my energy for the pushing, cos my walking around was much, I replied that when that time comes, d energy will come, called my mum, ask her if it was okay to cry, she said no oh, to start with crying, u might end up having all ur kids with cry cry oh, the only checked me twice to tell me I was in 6cm.
Gbam onto the delivery couch, see me singing I have no power if my own, holy spirit help me, my second second, I cannot do this on my own, my song cum sweet, on d couch close to me, the woman there said stop singing those type of songs and I replied is not God that will help me.
Exactly 4:19pm I was only told to push once and I did, that was how my Princess arrived even though I was given an episiotomy cos she was big and being a primip too. It was after she came out that one of the nurses said it seems as if I have worked in an hospital before I then replied her that I AM A HEALTH PRACTITIONER as I registered my antenatal as a student. Only God made it happened oh, to think a baby of 3.5kg could cone out through that my tiny V is a miracle, Shout hallelujah somebody

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Labour Experience. by jmoore(m): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2015
outstandingjk:
Asking me to share my first labour experience is just asking to read my testimony.
Okay now, lemme encourage someone with it.
I was post dated, baby enjoying my tummy and was giving an appointment for induction. Dressed like the chick, I went with my property to the hospital, at d registration center, I told them I can to deliver, they were all laughing at me. I was admitted over-night, while I was waiting to get my cannula, I saw a woman in labour seriously abusing the nurses, I was laughing and the doctor attending to me was like urs is on the way.
During the night, a nurse came to meet me that she is selling the drug for induction that hers is very effective that if I allow them use that of the hospital, that I will be in labour for days o, I asked her how much, just a thousand naira so I bought, you can bring along your drug in the hospital.
At about 4am, The Doc came to insert the drug, then I already took my bath, I had shaved myself before coming, I was still feeling calm, in the next 3 hours, the music changed, at about 8am my friend came with Easter Fried Rice and Chicken because it was on a easter sunday, I was still eating, Chai! I couldn't finish that food. I was just too restless, I began walking up and down oh, if my contractions were coming, I'll hold something, I even held the woman next to me, the squeezing of her hands didn't allow her give her hands to me again, Chizzy will tell me, please tie ur wrapper very well and I'll be like who cares, whoever wants to see should look. Lol.
At a point, the nurses told me to save some of my energy for the pushing, cos my walking around was much, I replied that when that time comes, d energy will come, called my mum, ask her if it was okay to cry, she said no oh, to start with crying, u might end up having all ur kids with cry cry oh, the only checked me twice to tell me I was in 6cm.
Gbam onto the delivery couch, see me singing I have no power if my own, holy spirit help me, my second second, I cannot do this on my own, my song cum sweet, on d couch close to me, the woman there said stop singing those type of songs and I replied is not God that will help me.
Exactly 4:19pm I was only told to push once and I did, that was how my Princess arrived even though I was given an episiotomy cos she was big and being a primip too. It was after she came out that one of the nurses said it seems as if I have worked in an hospital before I then replied her that I AM A HEALTH PRACTITIONER as I registered my antenatal as a student. Only God made it happened oh, to think a baby of 3.5kg could cone out through that my tiny V is a miracle, Shout hallelujah somebody

[img]http://media./media/PRQ6McRJQ4vnO/giphy.gif[/img]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Labour Experience. by favoredgal: 4:23am On Oct 03, 2015
I actually had a good labor experience (at least it seems that way to me now for my first).

I woke up that morning and threw up for the first time since I got pregnant and that was the first indication that I would put to bed that day.

I had sharp bearable pains and tried to time them but they were irregular. However couldn't lie down so I slept sitting up.

By the time I woke up I was 4 mins apart so I took a shower and headed to the hospital. After checking me they said I was just 1cm dilated and they won't admit me. I started thinking of all the $ they will charge for false labor but the contraction machine showed them I was having strong frequent contractions so they kept me under observation for an hour

After an hour I was 5cm so they admitted me and gave me an epidural. That thing is bliss mehn. I was able to gist, chat on my phone, sleep.

In 2 hours when they checked me I was at 10cm. Time to push, however my dr was taking a delivery so they made me wait about 30 mins. I felt mad pressure of the baby descending on my pelvic bone I thought the epidural had failed but after giving birth I couldn't walk so it definitely did not fail.

That pressure was painful. Especially since they made me wait

Anyways, when my dr came. Time to push, they really encouraged me and told me they could see her head full of hair. Epidural made pushing harder and they gave me an oxygen mask at some point. I remember shaking and also throwing up.

But it took about 10 mins. I literarily saw my tummy deflate by half size. By the time she came out it felt like bliss. She weighed 3.7kg

I dint feel the placenta come out, also dint feel the sewing, they managed my pain well with pain killers and in about 4days I had forgotten I gave birth and was considering exercising

However, motherhood was the real test. Sleepless nights, endless cries.... All worth it now for my beautiful intelligent daughter

It does get easier andbetter with time

I'm on my second and last journey by his grace

20 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by digitsolution: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
God is Great and the giver of life.....Treat women well they are special

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by Sunnypar(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Reading all this..... Babe, we are adopting and that's final.

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by udysweet(f): 8:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Hahaha,don't try yourself jo. What if ur wife can handle it? U don't want to ones who'll call u daddy? Common fear not jo,God is wit u,lol
Sunnypar:
Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Sunnypar:

Lol. The joy you will have afterwards eeehhh. . . . The pain is nothing compared to it.

I'll go through ten times what i went through, just to have that precious boy I've now.

2 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
Was just going through my threads...

Wait ooo uncle lalasticlala why this thread no make FP?
Re: My Labour Experience. by AngelsAndStars(m): 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
I read up to page 2 I couldn't go further, felt toi uncomfortable....

and after this stress to give birth some children go still maltreat or even kill them parents...

damn.

3 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
Phema:
My labour experience. . . hmmmmnn

Got into the labour room and was given epidural. I was feeling all cool and dandy, was even taking selfies and sending to friends and family. For my mind, i come dey say "so na so labour be, na him all this women go just dey complain anyhow, making mountain out of a molehill, mstcheeew". I honestly felt they were exaggerating. Time came and i couldn't push with the epidural, so they took it out and I had to push without any pain relieving medications.

Well, let's just say, I went to hell and came back. The 'Hebrew women' went on break that day and left me to my fate. angry At some point, I stopped pushing and told them I wanted a CS cos I was totally exhausted and out of breath. I was shivering all over and couldn't control it. Told them to turn on the heater in the room, they did but I was still shivering. Mehn, it still remains the scariest few hours of my life.

They were just petting and encouraging me, saying everything looked normal and there was no indication for CS. I wasn't having any of it and still insisted on having a CS. The nurse, in a bid to convince me that my baby's head was close, took one of my fingers and touched it. shocked It felt surreal. I was so happy knowing how close I was to holding my baby in my arms.

That moment, I told myself it is now or never. I was going to give it the final push. I gave my life to Christ . . .yet again and gave it the push of my life. The head popped and they were all shouting to not push again so I don't get torn and that they were going to help guide the rest of his body out. Whether na Igbo or hausa those ones dey speak, i no even hear. I was in excruciating pain that I just wanted to get it over and done with. I gave it another hard push and everything came out and tore me badly. I didn't care. I was just too happy it was over to bother about how badly torn I was.

Now, I've him and he truly is the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. kiss

Wow cry

I honestly can't wait to have mine.. Wow smiley
Re: My Labour Experience. by Ganjababe: 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Anytime I remember my birth story, I just know it was God at work.
it was one of the most exciting moments of my life. So painless as compared to stories and all that I have read online.
Got to the hospital at 9am in the morning and gave birth at 1pm. I didn't cry or shout, my doctor even thought I had run mad because I was too calm.
The pain I felt was like normal menstrual cramps. Baby came out with ease and I was bold enough to ask the doctor "if that was all". I was expecting more (don't mind me, I had read too many horrible stories).
To expectant mothers, God will make it easy.
Funny enough, my menstruation days was hell, vomiting and all. So having this supernatural delivery still amazes me till date.

12 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by Divay22(f): 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Sometimes when i cry over menstruation pain,my mum will just look at me and say......This pikin if you cry all the cry na because of belle pain,wetin you go do if you wan born............

I know it will be painful,but I'll take the risk for my hubby and cute unborn child..........

Anything for you... kiss kiss
Re: My Labour Experience. by Berbierklaus(f): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ganjababe:
Anytime I remember my birth story, I just know it was God at work.
it was one of the most exciting moments of my life. So painless as compared to stories and all that I have read online.
Got to the hospital at 9am in the morning and gave birth at 1pm. I didn't cry or shout, my doctor even thought I had run mad because I was too calm.
The pain I felt was like normal menstrual cramps. Baby came out with ease and I was bold enough to ask the doctor "if that was all". I was expecting more (don't mind me, I had read too many horrible stories).
To expectant mothers, God will make it easy.
Funny enough, my menstruation days was hell, vomiting and all. So having this supernatural delivery still amazes me till date.
I do have serious menstruation pains too,I hope i will be compensated during childbirth labour,so I can have an easy one like yours cheesy
Re: My Labour Experience. by Berbierklaus(f): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
aolatunde00:
My labour experience wasn't funny at all at all.the pain no be here.
I got to the hospital 8hours after contractions started and was told I was only 2cm dilated.At this time I was in so much pain and couldn't believe I was still going to 10cm.
6hours later I was at 3cm.by now I had lost all inhibitions.was shivering and sweating at the same time.my whole body was shaking seriously.they say I should take epidural,I say no(was thinking of the cost).2hours later I was still at 3cm na so I begin shout for the epidural o.I was wailing like a little baby.the contractions and pain were so bad I felt I was going to die.the epidural guy didn't come for like another hour!I was sobbing badly.
He gave me the first shot exactly 16hrs after my labour started(was at just 4cm).For where,the pain no go.
Called him back,took a second shot.Na lie o,the pain didn't subside!I was still crying(wailing!!!).I requested for a 3rd shot and was told I would be given but if the pain didn't stop,it would be CS next.
I no even mind o.We will talk about bills later was my thought.it was after the third shot I felt relief and I had my baby some two hours later. when I called hubby in Lagos to tell him I had put to bed,guess what?i woke him from sleep!!!i was so vexed.he said he was sleeping cos he was sure I was in capable hands.mtcheew.
Might I add that sometime before I took my first shot of epidural,my baby"s heart rate couldn't be felt so them say make I begin do some funny exercises on the bed to get his heart beating again.In that severe pain come and see me crouching,lifting leg,turning stomach with like 8medical personnel present.Was almost naked but didn't even care.
Na correct unforgettable experience.
Imagine. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by INFOTECH2: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2016
Very nice. This reminds me of when my wife was in labour early this year.

I was confused while waiting at the general hospital for over 12 hours.

Na respect I dey give mother and baby now oooooo.

I even opened a thread that day:

https://www.nairaland.com/2957173/wife-early-labour-what

Since it's our first child, I decided to create a blog

http://firstimedaddy.com/2016/11/26/series-10-benefits-of-breast-milk-for-your-baby-part-1/

Regards

2 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
INFOTECH2:
Very nice. This reminds me of when my wife was in labour early this year.

I was confused while waiting at the general hospital for over 12 hours.

Na respect I dey give mother and baby now oooooo.

I even opened a thread that day:

https://www.nairaland.com/2957173/wife-early-labour-what

Since it's our first child, I decided to create a blog

http://firstimedaddy.com/2016/11/26/series-10-benefits-of-breast-milk-for-your-baby-part-1/

Regards

That's cute. Congrats sir.
Re: My Labour Experience. by Chikabel: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
I go to the labour ward, witness deliveries and these experiences constantly remind me that there is a God! It's amazing watching the process.
I'm still scared though, when I think of how mine might turn out. Future hubby, I'm really hoping we'll go through labour together. Don't tell me you left me in safe hands ooo or that I'm a medical student or doctor by then. ayam telling you now!
I just learnt something here though, which might not be in the pages of my textbook. Just like walking around or being busy when having those menstrual cramps, I think I agree to walking around during labour, well until one is advised better not to.
Now, I have a question for my lecturers. Thank you, NL family for sharing your experiences.

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Berbierklaus:
Imagine. undecided
You dey mind am? And she thinks it's funny
Re: My Labour Experience. by kayzat: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
As I'm reading this I just keep looking at my gf where she's watching film and wondering if she's really fit enough for all this.

I am really worried o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
kayzat:
As I'm reading this I just keep looking at my gf where she's watching film and wondering if she's really fit enough for all this.

I am really worried o.

Lols, you dey pity her destiny?
Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
kayzat:

I am really worried o.
LOLz
Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
OP, your write-up is hilarious. Kekekeke. grin
Re: My Labour Experience. by kayzat: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
graciousolo:

Lols, you dey pity her destiny?

Walai she's too soft and fragile.

2 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by Mordyb: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hehe @ Dyt A.K.A 'Mummy Do Something' i can imagine the nurses being like* Kwantinue We know you are lying
Re: My Labour Experience. by Dyt(f): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mordyb:
Hehe @ Dyt A.K.A 'Mummy Do Something' i can imagine the nurses being like* Kwantinue We know you are lying

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by INFOTECH2: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2016
Another blog post

How Colic Affects Your Baby

Though my baby is 10 months old, I remember I have not written anything about colic  and how colic affects your baby. My baby sometimes had prolonged periods of crying during the day which we attributed to colic but we never really knew the effect of colic on my baby.

These crying spells often took place during the evenings just before he was  to be fed and it occurred during the first three weeks of birth and when he was three months old.

But how does colic affects your baby?
No one knows exactly what colic is or what causes it, but many doctors believe it’s a type of stomach ache that occurs in spasm and makes the baby draw up her legs in pain. The pattern of crying would indicate cramp-like pains, the baby is miserable and distressed, then calms down for a few minutes before starting to scream again. This may continue for several hours at a  time, which can become tiring and upsetting for both of you.

http://firstimedaddy.com/2016/12/27/colic-affects-your-baby/
Re: My Labour Experience. by elegantslayer(f): 1:08am On Dec 28, 2016
me don dey fear o,i use to think when a woman is on labor,she will just go to d hospital,lie down on a bed and push,never know one will have to be 10cm dilated b4 one can push out d baby o. But anyways,when d time comes,i will cross dat bridge. chaii e no easy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? / He Doesn't Like Sex....wat Do I Do / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.