Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,266 members, 7,957,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage (38755 Views)

The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by bigfrancis21: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
oh well..I guess the ish with TonyChristopher? the guy is a Clown! ..we were just taking swipes at each other..not necessarily bashing Igbos

To be honest, I think his posts were in response to some of your comments on the first page which many would perceive as Igbo bashing. Some people were already beginning to ask if the thread was created to bash Igbos or to actually learn about the Igbo culture as you had mentioned.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
oh well..I guess the ish with TonyChristopher? the guy is a Clown! ..we were just taking swipes at each other..not necessarily bashing Igbos

So you have condescended calling me a clown ..have you found the elusive Igbo husband itshekiri abi na Yoruba Babe

Wishing you success. .now the ish with me is that all wanna be us but can't be us

So am I clowning
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

To be honest, I think his posts were in response to some of your comments on the first page which many would perceive as Igbo bashing. Some people were already beginning to ask if the thread was created to bash Igbos or to actually learn about the Igbo culture as you had mentioned.

And I asked the Igbo dick man dick searcher about that and she won't respond
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

So you have condescended calling me a clown ..have you found the elusive Igbo husband itshekiri abi na Yoruba Babe

Wishing you success. .now the ish with me is that all wanna be us but can't be us

So am I clowning
undecided..you can't stand your own jokes after all? all wanna be you? guy puleeaaasee..I guess you got jokes afterall..say I am seeing - actively dating an Australian,does that change who I am? you can fall in line,I have got tape for measuring the JT size..don't take it personal *blowing you a kiss
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

...nah,the original post was more to understand from the igboman perspective the idea of marrying or as the case may be,the choice not to marry non igbo- if it is a cultural thing...alas, some people instead of understanding the import of the thread just opted to throw punches..I merely paid them in their coin...it was meant to be an intellectual discuss
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by bigfrancis21: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
...nah,the original post was more to understand from the igboman perspective the idea of marrying or as the case may be,the choice not to marry non igbo- if it is a cultural thing...alas, some people instead of understanding the import of the thread just opted to throw punches..I merely paid them in their coin...it was meant to be an intellectual discuss

Below is your very post that would make any reader think that you created this thread to bash the Igbos, and what started the series of back and forth messages between you Tony.

BlaqCoffee109:
I am Yoruba by tribe,also very much aligned with my Itsekiri ancestry maternally...the bottom line is Igbo's are tribal bigots

And below was his response:

tonychristopher:

Is this thread for bashing Igbo

Marriage no be by force na

Why must everybody want to marry Igbo na

Why lamenting

Our women are just OK for us ..is that a crime ?

Why don't you find pleasure in your own women ?

Why run away from them ?

You started the tirade and playing the victim now doesn't change the fact. I would just say be careful in choosing the best words that portray every inch of your intentions to avoid being misunderstood.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tpiander: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
I am really less bothered about these kinds of things.

I find it rather weird how people do take offence at folks' dating practices, as in, if some people say they cant/wont marry from somewhere.

It just doesn't bother me, and God willing, it will never bother me.

For example, if Igbo men say they cant date Yoruba, I am just not concerned.

is this a wrong attitude?

same applies to any other place, for me.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Below is your very post that would make any reader think that you created this thread to bash the Igbos, and what started the series of back and forth messages between you Tony.

And below was his response:

You started the tirade and playing the victim now doesn't change the fact. I would just say be careful in choosing the best words that portray every inch of your intentions to avoid being misunderstood.

undecided...playing the victim? this got me cracking up..tony attacked like I said.. for a mod,objectivity is not your forte

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
tpiander:
I am really less bothered about these kinds of things.

I find it rather weird how people do take offence at folks' dating practices, as in, if some people say they cant/wont marry from somewhere.

It just doesn't bother me, and God willing, it will never bother me.

For example, if Igbo men say they cant date Yoruba, I am just not concerned.

is this a wrong attitude?

same applies to any other place, for me.
nice to know
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
lol

BlaqCoffee109:
go away on cyberspace? shut up while typing? b*tch don't be emotional
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tpiander: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
nice to know

I guess my views will change later?

dunno.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
lol

..now tell me on the low, how big is johnny boy..now I am interested
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
tpiander:

I guess my views will change later?
dunno.
..experiences..maybe,maybe not smiley
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..now tell me on the low, how big is johnny boy..now I am interested
madam forget day dreaming

go and get laid

bye

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
Whether you are aware of it or not, many inter-tribal relationships have died an untimely death because of the tribal differences between the couple. Parents, elders, and friends have rained down fire and brimstone to see to it that this sacrilegious union does not get to the altar. The strong couples come out of it beaten, bruised, but alive nonetheless. The weaker ones — well, they inspire me to write this.

The most popular union seems to be the one between the Igbos and the Yorubas. With this in mind, I have compiled a list, specially for everyone who is currently in such a relationship. If you have been pressured into breaking up because of tribal differences and you have no idea why you should – or if you should, then I am here to help you make that decision. Please read, digest, and understand the lists below.

Reasons Igbos Should NOT Marry Yorubas:

1. They’re dirty.

2. All they know how to do is party.

3. They eat too much oil.

4. Their women flirt/sleep around too much.

5. Their men will ALWAYS cheat with a Yoruba woman.

6. They are loud and obnoxious. You can hear them from a mile away.

7. They are wild. They are the real “Akata” people.

8. They are Nigeria’s problem.

9. They don’t understand the Igbo culture.

10. They do too much juju.

11. They betrayed the Igbos during the Biafran war.

12. And to top the list, they are not Igbo.

Reasons Yorubas Should NOT Marry Igbos:

1. They’re rude; they have no respect.

2. All they know how to do is chase money.

3. Their pounded yam is as hard as stone.

4. They don’t put enough oil and spice in their food.

5. Their in-laws are wicked! The husband’s family will always maltreat the woman.

6. They cannot speak Yoruba, and even if they can, they do not know our culture.

7. They will sell their brother for money which mean they have drive and we dont have this .

8. They won’t let us play our fuji music at home.

9. They’re Nigeria’s problem. They keep trying to divide us.

10. When their women die, their bodies have to be returned to Igbo Land to be buried.

11. They eat human beings presumed but soka forest changed this notion.

12. And the mother of all crimes, they are not Yoruba.
...you never disappoint Tony, you really are true to your type...I really cant expect much from you
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tpiander: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..experiences..maybe,maybe not smiley

God forbid.

I cant imagine someone being told to hide his/her ancestry because they don't like her tribe?

That's a big put down, ko le to yen meaning why e go reach that level.

actually, even without the story, its just not something I consider feasible.

Big waste of time imo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
tpiander:

God forbid.

I cant imagine someone being told to hide his/her ancestry because they don't like her tribe?

That's a big put down, ko le to yen meaning why e go reach that level.

actually, even without the story, its just not something I consider feasible.

Big waste of time imo.
abi oh...you'd expect our generation to do better on that note..mtcheew..love for some have tribal tag
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tpiander: 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
.love for some have tribal tag

whatever works for folks I guess.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
tpiander:

whatever works for folks I guess.
smileysure
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by bigfrancis21: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
undecided...playing the victim? this got me cracking up..tony attacked like I said.. for a mod,objectivity is not your forte

What do you mean? I was only pointing out to you that your action caused a reaction from Tony and you say i'm not objective for telling the truth? undecided

Maturity is a thing of the mind and carriage. It is possible that you barely even notice that you've derailed your very own thread you said you opened to learn more about the Igbo culture and it has become one of unnecessary exchange of words. Sometimes, we overlook certain things, not because we cannot handle our ego, but because the mind gets to a certain level in life when it sees certain actions as folly.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

What do you mean? I was only pointing out to you that your action caused a reaction from Tony and you say i'm not objective for telling the truth? undecided

Maturity is a thing of the mind and carriage. It is possible that you barely even notice that you've derailed your very own thread you said you opened to learn more about the Igbo culture and it has become one of unnecessary exchange of words. Sometimes, we overlook certain things, not because we cannot handle our ego, but because the mind gets to a certain level in life when it sees certain actions are folly.

...whatever you say
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
...you never disappoint Tony, you really are true to your type...I really cant expect much from you

Don't take life serious ..laugh when you see a joke

Lol
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Maturity is a thing of the mind and carriage. It is possible that you barely even notice that you've derailed your very own thread you said you opened to learn more about the Igbo culture and it has become one of unnecessary exchange of words. Sometimes, we overlook certain things, not because we cannot handle our ego, but because the mind gets to a certain level in life when it sees certain actions are folly.

Stop engaging her she is saucy and insuling ..nowonder Igbo men do not go for their people

Who wants to have a canterkerous and nagging woman at home ?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

Don't take life serious ..laugh when you see a joke

Lol
... grin..so i am shinin my 32,truce?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

Stop engaging her she is saucy and insuling ..nowonder Igbo men do not go for their people

Who wants to have a canterkerous and nagging woman at home ?
..who wants an excuse for a man anyway?..a man who let's societal standard dictate his convictions..mtcheew..bite that pu.nk..engaging your sorry behind when you throw your weak ass punches is now nagging or canterkerous abi? can't stand the heat,don't get in the kitchen..if i was interested in all that drama..it takes a strong man to handle a woman of my sort..you and "your people" can't handle a strong black woman..you'd rather trump your masculinity in the shadow of your docile mgbeke..I handed truce to you man..take it and be cool alright?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by tonychristopher: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
AND MGBEKES ARE GETTING MARRIED AND BUILDING HOME, WHILE YOUR I AM EQUAL TO A MAN TYPE IS STILL SPINTSTER AT 30....IT IS JUST SIMPLE

YOU ARE SHOWING ONE GOOD REASON DECENT IGBO MEN WONT EVEN THINK OF VENTURING OUT THEIR ZONE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU....YOUR SOUNDING AS IF YOUR ON HEAT OR HAVING HOT FLASHES...LOL

ARE YOU ON HEAT? JUST ASKING

But know that you ended up messing your thread up....

BlaqCoffee109:
..who wants an excuse for a man anyway?..a man who let's societal standard dictate his convictions..mtcheew..bite that pu.nk..engaging your sorry behind when you throw your weak ass punches is now nagging or canterkerous abi? can't stand the heat,don't get in the kitchen..if i was interested in all that drama..it takes a strong man to handle a woman of my sort..you and "your people" can't handle a strong black woman..you'd rather trump your masculinity in the shadow of your docile mgbeke..I handed truce to you man..take it and be cool alright?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
tonychristopher:
AND MGBEKES ARE GETTING MARRIED AND BUILDING HOME, WHILE YOUR I AM EQUAL TO A MAN TYPE IS STILL SPINTSTER AT 30....IT IS JUST SIMPLE

YOU ARE SHOWING ONE GOOD REASON DECENT IGBO MEN WONT EVEN THINK OF VENTURING OUT THEIR ZONE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU....YOUR SOUNDING AS IF YOUR ON HEAT OR HAVING HOT FLASHES...LOL

ARE YOU ON HEAT? JUST ASKING

But know that you ended up messing your thread up....

..see this suegbe! fu.cktard like you getting your glory on Nairaland!! I just may be the gal you see everyday and wish you could have,but on the arms of a better man than you..go stick to your mgbekes and get the fvck off my mentions...seem for you,marriage is a validation to cover up your failed existence..eventually we all will get married if and when we choose to..my friend,go and have a better use of your time than concerning yourself with my marital status and age..whatever mehn..funny dude

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Madam Efunroye Tinubu Aided Abolishment Of Slave Trade In 1800s / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade / Yoruba Cultures - What You Want To Know! And What You Do Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.