Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (65560 Views)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2015
freecocoa:
My kid will know better than to ask for such, him dey mad?angry

When some people don't have food to eat, he should work and use his own money to buy it, since he doesn't have sense.

Confirm Naija mom gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2015
favoured234:
No I will not..
I will let the child know that I have the money and there is a difference between needs and wants
and also assets and liability..
Then he/she will understand why I wont buy it..

It would look like you hate him/her

You know how children are
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:

It would look like you hate him/her

You know how children are

I wouldn't care much though..
If I give him 1.6M for phone at 14, then at 16 I should be willing to give him 3M wrist watch since the money I spend on him should reflect on how much I love him...

Imagine what he will want for 18 bday.. A house of his own in his choice environment.
Let the money flow from now till eternity I will not..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by freecocoa(f): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:

Confirm Naija mom gringrin
My brother no be matter of naija mom o, it's just very unnecessary in his life, what would I be teaching him?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by bbeautylik(f): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by dotna(m): 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
If I can buy for myself then why not?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by webshopng1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:
You and your spouse are a wealthy couple and indeed very rich

While on a visit to a premium Apple store in Dubia,your 13 year old child asks for a 24 karat gold Iphone 6 ($8000) for his/her 14th year birthday

As a parent,would you get it for him/her?

Dose the fact that you are wealthy enough encourage you to buy such?

Yes?

Why?

No?

Why?

Give your reasons

*copied from BBCM

I will buy him the case...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by TS2(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
pet4ril:
Wallahi, I no go buy, I rather invest it on the needy...

Abegi
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by simdam500(m): 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
Truth is even Tim Cook isn't going to get such for his child.

RIP Steve Jobs children aren't using a gold iPhone e sure me! cheesy

BTW, that is just iPhone 6 not 6s...

So on my paths I can but not for a 14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by demarc001: 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
9iceX:
If i can afford it -why not?

It shouldn't be about your child "being too young to use the device"... You should be more concerned on the kind of information they would be exposed to; probably while using the device to surf the internet. And as a parent, it is my duty to ensure that they are using the said device for the right purpose (information wise - academically)

Same phone made of plastic/steel can serve the purpose!

5 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by PassingShot(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
OP, getting stuffs for children including teenagers should not only be based on affordability. Need and necessity for children's request should guide the parents' actions at all time.

There are many things I have declined my wards even though I could afford them. Sometimes they need to be made to understand that not all our wishes are even granted by God even though he is in a position to grant them all.
So, I don't think I will buy this ridiculously expensive phone for him even if I could afford it. It's vanity!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by ayindejimmy(m): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:

Is buying them a phone spoiling them?

What is the peculiar function of the phone to her... A
simdam500:
Truth is even Tim Cook isn't going to get such for his child.
RIP Steve Jobs children aren't using a gold iPhone e sure me! cheesy
BTW, that is just iPhone 6 not 6s...
So on my paths I can but not for a 14
lampardizik:

What is the peculiar function of the phone to her?
Thrifty and prudence must be inculcated into our children.

It's a NO NO for me
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by ChynoBEATS: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:

By buying such with such a price tag for a minor

2me it is an act of spoiling them
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
for the love of Santa Claus , he's only 14 ! when he's 18 he'd ask for a private jet.
YES I have the Money buh there are more important necessities in life at his age. can gladly get him that when he's 18.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by solodox(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:

a $500 phone? not at all. an $8000 gold plated phone? hell yeah!
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Kazrem(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
We won't. Abi omotayor123?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by MrImole: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
No be because of my kids I dey work?

God bless iya Akin my second wife.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Prugee: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
Mariecakes:
Since the money is there,.. why not?? what/who am I working for if not my kids
really so you can as well buy d child a jet to hell since dats wat ur working 4 . rubbish ! A child demanding 4 dat at 14 trust me will demand 4 your head at 18.love ke love ni. Mstchew
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by rezzy: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
No matter how wealthy I am, I won't buy her such phone.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by solodox(m): 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
demarc001:

Same phone made of plastic/steel can serve the purpose!
shikena!
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by manuelrukky(m): 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
buying such spoils kids......u av 2 let d child knw not all one wants he gets. u buyin it for him or her wud set a bad example dats of bein wasteful.....d queen of ENGLAND doesnt av a private jet nor her son prince william a bugatti
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by MiiDO4SHiZO(m): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
4 wat...I go give am better slap grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by safarigirl(f): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
You want a gold Iphone 6? Fine. Get a job and make the money required to buy it, if you make that money and choose to spend it on Iphone 6 fine. But I refuse to dash a kid an item that can feed an orphanage

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
with the rate at which Shameless He-goats dey yansh underage gals I won't even allow my daughter have a phone until she is 16yrs old and even at 16yrs na better close marking and plenty advice I go pack full her head, no beating or shouting, just advice coz d next generation of youth to come will be something this world can't handle.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
why not i would even buy for the baby inside their moms tommy if it can use the phone.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by mustybobo(m): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
[s]of woh value will it be tu a 14yr old nah[/s]
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by cocoflakes: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
iF HE CAME FIRST IN HIS LAST EXAMS, THEN YES i WILL BUY IT FOR HIS COS ITS HIS BIRTHDAY.....
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Obinovictor(m): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
If he can ping God with it or download food, then I'll buy it for him
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by simdam500(m): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
ayindejimmy:

What is the peculiar function of the phone to her... A

What is the peculiar function of the phone to her?
Thrifty and prudence must be inculcated into our children.

It's a NO NO for me

Haha cheesy shebi is my money na sad

Lemme buy anything for my kid o wink
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:
You and your spouse are a wealthy couple and indeed very rich

While on a visit to a premium Apple store in Dubia,your 13 year old child asks for a 24 karat gold Iphone 6 ($8000) for his/her 14th year birthday

As a parent,would you get it for him/her?

Dose the fact that you are wealthy enough encourage you to buy such?

Yes?

Why?

No?

Why?

Give your reasons

*copied from BBCM
base on my own believe, a 13 years old is not surpose to hold a phone. What will he/her be doing with a phone undecided
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by tsdarkside(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
hahahahahaha...shey i dey craze??...for a 14years old for that matter....bwahahahahahahaha....funny topic.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by jeff1607(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
I will definitely buy it for them, but they will definitely have to work for it,to earn it and also to know the value of money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caucasian Woman's Traditional Way Of Serving Nigerian Husband Food Causes Stir / Marrying A Masturbator! / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.