Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (65561 Views)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by remi4ever(m): 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
marshalcarter:
Wait lemme search for ma future wife and ask her

#headin to the future
Abeg, Make i hear word..Abi shey you ma don turn to Kitty pryde of X-men ni..??
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by emmanuel596(m): 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
gbenga4my:

No insult intended , but you need a change of your mentality. In this case, you are extremely rich, u can afford to buy the phone, have more than enuf to invest, nd av more dan enuf to equip those library you wanna equip.

Mr man I said I won't buy my father didn't brought me up that way...it's this my children will not suffer like I did syndrome that has kept nigeria were it is today...this is also the reasons y public officers will not stop stealing because they don't want their kids to suffer me and u at the tail end will still come to nl to complain how public officers loot our money......even dangote would not buy dat...I might be the richest on earth but that would not make me stupidd....with $80000 =#20,000000 I could Offord to pay medical bills for over 100 nigerians with critical health issues be wise
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by adoks(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
For evn d safety of d child....I wunt buy it
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by gbenga4my(m): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
I pray the lord will change the story of this country, people on here comment based on the situation they find themselves not even looking at the brighter side. When you are rich, you gonna have a changed orientation. U buying the iphone wud be like an average person buying infinix hot. (Which is affordable).
In response to the question, I would gladly buy the phone

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by xtervaganza(m): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
Decapo:
I'll gladly buy it because I have the money
i don't think it's a good idea

You're asking for your child to get mugged
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Sunbellar: 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
pet4ril:
sorry
You re sick!
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Omotayor123(f): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
Kazrem:
We won't. Abi omotayor123?
Why Not undecided Since the money is there
You must be stingy cry
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lozairio(m): 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
I will buy it for her why? Because I know she can handle it though am only concerned about the gold so that it doesn't become target for criminals
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by marshalcarter: 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
Jhuniyour:

[size=50pt]LEMME ASK YOU MY OWN!

WHAT IF WHILE SEARCHING FOR YOUR FUTURE WIFE, YOU NOW FINALLY CAUGHT HER WITH ANOTHER MAN BOTH HAVING CARNAL KNOWLEDGE OF EACH OTHER? WHAT WILL YOU DO?
[/size]

I'll cum back to the present....simple as ABC cheesy
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
gbenga4my:
I pray the lord will change the story of this country, people on here comment based on the situation they find themselves not even looking at the brighter side. When you are rich, you gonna have a changed orientation. U buying the iphone wud be like an average person buying infinix hot. (Which is affordable).
In response to the question, I would gladly buy the phone

Are you sure? I think it is rather the kind of thinking that you have that gives you away as a person who is from a poor country.

'My kids have to wait until they are 13 to get a cell phone': Billionaire Bill Gates opens up about his strict parenting rules

Microsoft founder Bill Gates has opened up about being a parent, stating that 13 is an appropriate age for a child's first cell phone.
The 57-year-old, father-of-three revealed on the Today show that his children Jennifer and Rory were not allowed phones until their thirteenth birthday and his youngest daughter Phoebe is still waiting for one.
'We’ve chosen in our family that it’s 13 where you get a phone,' the self-made billionaire explained.

Asked if he keeps passwords to his son and daughters' email and Facebook accounts, Mr Gates said that he doesn’t for Jennifer, 16, who he describes as 'independent'.
He admitted that monitoring online activity is 'a very tricky issue for parents now.'
'They're always coming home, ''All the other kids have one... it's so embarrassing'
Despite their vast wealth Mr and Mrs Gates, who live in Lake Medina, just outside Seattle, Washington, have said they want to give their children as normal an upbringing as possible.
It was previously reported that their youngsters have to complete household chores and are given a modest amount of pocket money.
And in 2010 Mr Gates said that he intends to give most of his $61billlion fortune away rather than hand it down.
(...)'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2270869/Bill-Gates-Billionaire-opens-strict-parenting-rules.html#ixzz3nFbN0Pih
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
dancok:
lol,u have already exchanging words with d unborn child. Lol.
Lol, the thought of such scenario playing out actually annoyed me.grin

I don't want to imagine the lecture I will give such a child, it won't happen sha.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by marshalcarter: 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
remi4ever:

Abeg, Make i hear word..Abi shey you ma don turn to Kitty pryde of X-men ni..??
Nope nicky ego of Y-men grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Capital NO, even if I can perfectly afford it.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by aypelzz: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
angieberry:
Come on, $8000 for a phone??! That's unrealistic and expensive and why would I get it for my 14 yr old?? Can I even get it for my self??
na poverty dey make you talk this.......... since I have the money I will gladly buy it

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by ewizard1: 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
lampardizik:

Is buying them a phone spoiling them?
No, its not Spoiling then, it's Decaying them.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by shalomm: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
Mariecakes:
Since the money is there,.. why not?? what/who am I working for if not my kids
really? Dear sis, change your mentality. Remember those in haiti, central africa republic...imagine how that money can give people hope and destiny. Well, you working for "your kids"
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by ewizard1: 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Simple... No i wont!
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
my kids will start using phones at 6yrs
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by rottenegg: 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
I earn approx 550k monthly from my deals. My daughter who is just 5.7yrs old has clothes of 15k for church and going out. If I am as rich as the op is insinuating, then I would add a silver and bronze to it.
Most of us here commenting have spoilt our kids beyond reasoning without even knowing. ....eg spending 2m a session on a sec. school!! Una wan tell me say 150k a year school no dey?
God, bless us all so that we can give our kids the best of whatever they need, be it meaningful or useless.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by themoon: 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
noooo till eternity. if i sud by that 4 my 14 year old son wat wil i buy 4 my 20 old son. see i'v once suffered 4 moni so i respect its value, datx kind moni i bliv it can chang d situation of a family
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by akanzy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
As a parent I do know about the security implication of having my child brandish such luxury cuz I might end up been a target of unholy visitors ... So I would rather teach my child how to fish than giving him fish.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by angieberry(f): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
Shurrup! Look at this miserable, pathetic beggar! It's like you lack basic comprehension skills. Didn't you see the part where I implied that no matter how rich I become, I'd never get that expensive phone for my 14 yr old? It's foolish ones like you that'll do so and when your child becomes foolish in future, you'd wonder where you went wrong.
aypelzz:
na poverty dey make you talk this.......... since I have the money I will gladly buy it
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by EGideonal24: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
pet4ril:
Wallahi, I no go buy, I rather invest it on the needy...
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by denedene(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
even the owners of apple won't buy it for their kids undecided
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by EGideonal24: 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
pet4ril:

I love you

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by godoluwa(m): 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
pet4ril:
i like ur post

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Revolva(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
Lie lie even if I be bill gates....d funny tin is d most richest man on earth child. Don't ask for all dese...na useless money miss road. Pikin de always ask for dis
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
angieberry:
14 yr old? I don't think so!
If he/she was 18 yrs,I'd probably consider getting it for him/her,

As much as I would want to get them anything they want,it doesn't mean that I'll spoil them rotten.

True. Even God gives us what we need and not necessarily what we ask for.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
Decapo:
I'll gladly buy it because I have the money

Wrong.. you will buy it when he graduates with a 1st Class in an ivy league university in the US. When Wealthy Parents lavish such gifts on their children, they fail to teach an essential lesson they learned while growing up and becoming successful. Hardwork Rewards with Success not iphones or cars or trips to London or US. I know w wealthy billionaire who made sure his kids worked for minimum wage at his company until they got married and moved out of his mansion to own their own homes and businesses.. Only the Poor will save up all their income to buy a piece of accessory that is 5 times their house rent
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by UjSizzle(f): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nope. You want that phone, you better be ready to work for it.

It's the same thing I tell my sister now: You're not entitled to make demands for very expensive items until you understand what it means to work your buttt off for the things you need.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
14year old?....why not,I would definitely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caucasian Woman's Traditional Way Of Serving Nigerian Husband Food Causes Stir / Marrying A Masturbator! / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.