Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (65545 Views)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by persius555(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:

Is buying them a phone spoiling them?
He is also human. He would thirst for more.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2015
jcmaiah:

Go park well, u never touch that kind money before that's why you dey ginger. Park well abeg.
Must you be rude in the manner you approach people,FYI its my opinion and my own children am talking about here!
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Touchey: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2015
LordReed:

Buying a 14year old a phone is not spoiling them but a gold plated iphone is spoiling them rotten. It is spoiling because you are totally skewering their sense of proportion, inundating their tastes with lifestyle choices they know nothing about sustaining. A 14year old can buy a phone for his/her self by doing a part time job or from saving up their allowances and cash gifts but can they reach $8000 that way? I strongly doubt that.

Jay z daughter's rocking horse is worth $600,000 what do you say about that?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by fairygeh(f): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
In as much as I would spoil my kids and not hesitate to buy and give them the best I can afford, i would not buy this for a 14 year old, i won't overindulge my children. No,never
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Vision4God: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
marshalcarter:
Wait lemme search for ma future wife and ask her

#headin to the future

hahaha.......hilarious indeed
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Too much of anything is dangerous. showing love to your kids is not bad but your love can destroy them if care is not taken. Buying a phone like that will expose your child to danger, eg Kidnappers, Robbers, Agbero etc.

Have you ever wonder why God din't make everybody equal in riches, does it mean he hates us?
The Bible says that God so Love the world that He gave his only son Jesus.
This means that God loves us. Sinners and Saints,(Christians and non Christians) You don't give anything a child demands because he/she is your child,.
you give things to your children because it will profit the them and will not add sorrow nor expose them to danger.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by oganology33(m): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
9iceX:
If i can afford it -why not?

It shouldn't be about your child "being too young to use the device"... You should be more concerned on the kind of information they would be exposed to; probably while using the device to surf the internet. And as a parent, it is my duty to ensure that they are using the said device for the right purpose (information wise - academically)

Seriously
U mean the info dat'll come out of Dis Gold plated IPhone wld be different from d normal iphone??
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Kazrem(m): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
Omotayor123:

Why Not undecided Since the money is there

You must be stingy cry
Not stingy. Ibaje ni yen na. How 13 year old boy go dey that kind expensive thing when its not school fees.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Oche211(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
It a NO NO situation.
No matter how rich i'll be in life, i'll teach my kids d moral values that comes with hard work nd humility.
There re some luxury that kids shouldn't be introduced to so early. I can say a YES for a vacation nd excursions bt not dis.
I won't spoil my kids wit luxury so that they forget d whole point of "true living".
$8000 can really change someone's life.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Eronmosele(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:

See why people fail exam abi? Is this a genetic inability to understand questions and contexts? Is the issue here about buying a phone? That is hardly a phone now? It's a vain statement. $8000? A 14year old? Where is the sense in this? Her life is even at risk thereafter!! Foolishness way toooo common these days.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Ramj: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:

buying a phone is not spoiling but ... this is not just a phone.. 24 karat gold iphone 6 worth $8000 ...

its like you are in Nigeria and your son saying he wants to EAT LUNCH in PARIS or MALDIVES......
Is giving him lunch spoiling him... abiii?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Ramj: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:

buying a phone is not spoiling but ... this is not just a phone.. 24 karat gold iphone 6 worth $8000 ...

its like you are in Nigeria and your son saying he wants to EAT just LUNCH in PARIS or MALDIVES......

thats not just giving him lunch . thats some serious and demonic spoiling if a parent Oblige to that.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by slimfancier(f): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
if I have d money y not
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ramj:

its like you are in Nigeria and your son saying he wants to EAT just LUNCH in PARIS or MALDIVES......

thats not just giving him lunch . thats some serious and demonic spoiling if a parent Oblige to that.

Lolgrin

E don pass ordinary spoiling enter demonic

Our case no go be like that oo by the grace of God

Amin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
Eronmosele:

See why people fail exam abi? Is this a genetic inability to understand questions and contexts? Is the issue here about buying a phone? That is hardly a phone now? It's a vain statement. $8000? A 14year old? Where is the sense in this? Her life is even at risk thereafter!! Foolishness way toooo common these days.

No matter what you say,it is a PHONE coated in gold

And you should be more patient next time...there is a reason for my question...clearly other people have different opinions on this
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
sonofananimal:
who will them be pinging with.

Mommy and Daddy
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
dotune:
I will withdraw the money and give to him to hold first.
I will then take him to the teaching hospital where his age mates are admitted for hole in the heart, kidney failure, cancer and the rest.
I will also take him briefly to the motherless babies home and the juvenile prisons to see children who are locked away and desire to be loved.
I will then tell him he's free to decide as to what to do with the money.
Whether to buy the iPhone or use it to put smile on those under privileged kids. smiley

And what if the child still goes ahead to buy the phone?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
oganology33:

Seriously
U mean the info dat'll come out of Dis Gold plated IPhone wld be different from d normal iphone??

The info will all be in gold tonguecheesygrin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
Touchey:

That speaks mostly of the vanity of Jayz and Beyonce because Blue Ivy won't be able to tell the difference between riding a golden rocking horse or a wooden one. And because she can't tell the difference the situation is not similar to that of a 14year old and a gold iPhone.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
Touchey:

All depends on how you want your kid to grow. Buying luxuries isn't the problem if you have the cash but will she grow up understanding that she needs to work and become more successful?

Is the message you are communicating to her what you really want??
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Ultimate001: 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Treasuredlove:
For where? I will rather add it to his/her trustfund. If he/she can't use normal plastic phone case then he/she can go and sit down in one place
loool #mummy_tinz
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 02, 2015
AngieFan:

Bobbi Kristina is a very sad and apt example of how giving child too much, too soon can go terribly wrong.

AngieFan!! Where have you been all this time?

Welcome back. wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by AngieFan(f): 3:38am On Oct 02, 2015
Siena:

AngieFan!! Where have you been all this time?

Welcome back. wink

Hi Siena

I mostly lurk on here nowadays so never really went away. I hope you and the family are well and in good health.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by AngieFan(f): 3:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Touchey:

Just because the media tells you that the rocking horse cost $600k it doesn't mean Jay Z and Beyoncé used their money to buy. Remember what I said about the rich staying rich and the poor remaining poor?

A lesson for you in 'Celebrity'. Most of all the bling you see them flaunting I.e gold iPhones, gold MacBooks, designer wear, jewellery, $500k shoes are given to them for free by the manufacturer as a form of advertising. Case in point, most award shows like the Oscars, no one buys their gown or jewells but you will hear of the designer a lot. The manufacturer banks on people seeking to emulate our favourite celebrities and paying full price. This is more likely the case with the $600k Rocking horse.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by kenobi007(m): 6:09am On Oct 02, 2015
Decapo:
I'll gladly buy it because I have the money
ur opinion I know but it sucks. ur child is just 13 years. y a gold phone. u know wat gold is?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Touchey: 6:35am On Oct 02, 2015
AngieFan:

Just because the media tells you that the rocking horse cost $600k it doesn't mean Jay Z and Beyoncé used their money to buy. Remember what I said about the rich staying rich and the poor remaining poor?

A lesson for you in 'Celebrity'. Most of all the bling you see them flaunting I.e gold iPhones, gold MacBooks, designer wear, jewellery, $500k shoes are given to them for free by the manufacturer as a form of advertising. Case in point, most award shows like the Oscars, no one buys their gown or jewells but you will hear of the designer a lot. The manufacturer banks on people seeking to emulate our favourite celebrities and paying full price. This is more likely the case with the $600k Rocking horse.

all the same she still rides on a $600k rocking horse
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by AngieFan(f): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2015
Touchey:

all the same she still rides on a $600k rocking horse

Well Jay Z and Beyoncé are not the brightest tools in the box. You have a former uneducated drug dealer and a woman who didn't graduate from high school and can barely string a sentence together. I pity anyone who would use these two as shining examples of how to be parent.

I doubt they bought it anyway and if they did you can it will not be a surprise when the file for bankruptcy in about 10 years or so.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Touchey: 10:00am On Oct 02, 2015
AngieFan:

Well Jay Z and Beyoncé are not the brightest tools in the box. You have a former uneducated drug dealer and a woman who didn't graduate from high school and can barely string a sentence together. I pity anyone who would use these two as shining examples of how to be parent.

I doubt they bought it anyway and if they did you can it will not be a surprise when the file for bankruptcy in about 10 years or so.
That doesn't mean they don't own it, even Michael Jackson, as rich as he was, at some point filed for bankruptcy
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by dotune(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2015
lampardizik:

And what if the child still goes ahead to buy the phone?
Well, everyone is responsible for his/her decision.
but I'm sure if I'm the father of the child, he will not choose the phone. grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by dwesternmall: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
i am searching for a (1)good graphic designer, (2) A university graduate fluent and good in the proficient use of English, a social media guru, and very computer literate ... for an online store in lagos, Ikeja. remuneration is good, and you get to work in a nice air-conditioned office. contact me via whats app 08033722563... do tell a friend
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ultimate001:

loool #mummy_tinz
lol...I am telling u cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Marrying A Masturbator! / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.