Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (22218 Views)

God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by BeastOfNoNation(f): 12:53am On Oct 01, 2015
bstringz:
@keen, @beastofallnation
You both, made the same point in how I know "My God" is the one true God.
Now, do u believe in the existence of the Devil? I doubt if you don't believe in the existence of a God you would believe in the existence of the devil. That's why some of the things I would say now to you may sound posposterous just as the concept of God also sounds like that to you.

Now when the Muslims and traditionalists tells you Allah or Amadioha is the one true god. Don't throw it away yet. Pick up the quaran, pick up the bible(preferably the new testament), pick up also the Jewish Torah. Now do a study and ask the one true God to reveal himself to you. As you read them

The devil manipulates nature, if u read the Bible and some studies you would find out that the devil was thrown out of heaven due to his disobedience and when he fell he took with him about 1third of the angels and they became demons. Now the devil rules the earth, hence the need for the second coming of christ.
Devil and his demons has so much manipulated human beings that the devil had made people worship all sort of things (gods). This doesn't make them GOD. HENCE the numerous gods we have today. They are all manipulations of the devil. The devil craves worship, he wants to be worshipped like God but I bet if he comes in his true form and character, nobody would worship him so he disguises in form of sango, Amadioha, e. t. c and does "good" and people worship hereby decieving people

Even Jesus tells us that we should be beware that Satan can come in form of an angel of light.

Don't be deceived all this other gods are not God. The human mind loves to work and so the the need to create this things. But in the spiritual anything we attach any form of worship to becomes a god. Humans started attaching worship to stones, birds and the devil sees this as an opportunity to be worshipped.

Christian origin stated from the roman empire spread down to the geeks and spread further in Europe. So don't u think it's only normal for the white men to have brought us Christianity.
Though their motives were not pure. But christ sees this as an opportunity to reach out to the black men who were busy worshipping stones and rocks.

There is only one God. And that God is the God of the bible. Not Allah, not Amadioha. You can only reach God through Jesus Christ because he is God.

To your question @keen. The boy is physically challenged. So he's parents should seek for him if they love him
The human challenge is sin and do u know that God has already seek for you, he came down and died for you, felt what u felt went through the same challenges as you so he could understand you. Ain't that seeking? He's made himself available. He's already at the hospital bed (if he were the boys parent) standing next to the bed. The boys part in the seeking is just for him to open his eyes and see Jesus standing next to him

So keen Jesus has already seek you by dying for you, your part in the seeking ain't hard just accept him and that's all... Bam!! So easy and your automatically a friend of God. Christ doesn't want to "rule" you. He wants to be your friend. You have nothing to lose if at the end christ is myth (he's not) if u accept him. But think of just what if Christ (God) really exists (He does) what would u have to say. You have everything to lose

Cheers.

You say black men were busy worshipping stones and rocks. As opposed to now where we're supposed to worship the air and a crucified dead man. Please I don't want to offend but I just wanted to point that out undecided Why could God not find a more peaceful way to spread his religion? Before Christ, the Jews suffered for being God's people. When Christ came, he suffered on the cross. After he died, the Catholics suffered and were killed for practicing their religion in Rome. After the fall Rome, Charlemagne forcefully converted people to Christianity or threatened to beheaded them if they chose otherwise. During the medieval ages, common folk in Europe suffered under the rule of the Catholic church. During the Holy Crusades, many black people were taken from West Africa, tortured, enslaved, killed and forcefully converted to Christianity. During the Holocaust, most of the world's Jewish population was wiped out in concentration camps. Aboriginal people in Canada were almost completely wiped out by 'Christian' people and then the children were put in residential catholic schools where the nuns and priests would routinely abuse them. The world's current situation where countless Muslims are running away from their homes because terrorist groups are suicide bombing and trying to kill them. What is the benefit of the Abrahamic religions again? Please answer it for me because I don't know. undecided undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 1:09am On Oct 01, 2015
Woww. Very well put. Saw your response to my other post as well. Cheers.
BeastOfNoNation:
You say black men were busy worshipping stones and rocks. As opposed to now where we're supposed to worship the air and a crucified dead man. Please I don't want to offend but I just wanted to point that out undecided Why could God not find a more peaceful way to spread his religion? Before Christ, the Jews suffered for being God's people. When Christ came, he suffered on the cross. After he died, the Catholics suffered and were killed for practicing their religion in Rome. After the fall Rome, Charlemagne forcefully converted people to Christianity or threatened to beheaded them if they chose otherwise. During the medieval ages, common folk in Europe suffered under the rule of the Catholic church. During the Holy Crusades, many black people were taken from West Africa, tortured, enslaved, killed and forcefully converted to Christianity. During the Holocaust, most of the world's Jewish population was wiped out in concentration camps. Aboriginal people in Canada were almost completely wiped out by 'Christian' people and then the children were put in residential catholic schools where the nuns and priests would routinely abuse them. The world's current situation where countless Muslims are running away from their homes because terrorist groups are suicide bombing and trying to kill them. What is the benefit of the Abrahamic religions again? Please answer it for me because I don't know. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 1:33am On Oct 01, 2015
Bros, I appreciate your kind attitude.
You say we should disregard the Old Testament. Why? Didn't Jesus say he came to fulfill the law?
Granted, Jesus (supposedly) came to fulfill the spirit of the law not the letter of the law as had been done in the Old Testament. In any case, the Old Testament God was a merciless genocidal and infanticidal maniac.

So let's only focus on the New Testament: I would agree with you that Jesus was nice dude who created a revolutionary template for how people should love each other. But he wasn't the only such dude to have walked the earth. Also, he was not divine. The oldest Gospel, Mark, was written decades after Jesus died, and the oldest Mark manuscript doesn't even have the resurrection story! In addition, in Mark, Jesus did not claim to be God. It was in the newer Gospels, particularly The Book of John (written several more decades later), that the unquestioned divinity of Jesus was asserted. Also a lot of Christians think that Messiah means God; in Judaism, Messiah didn't mean God... in Mark, Jesus claimed he was Messiah not God.

Also, up until the Nicene Creed in the 4th Century, the idea of Christ's divinity wasn't even a universally agreed upon belief among practitioners of Christianity at the time! It was at this conference that a bunch of people decided that Christ was divine and the trinity was real. Think about it again... it was 300-400 years after Christ died that his divinity and his part of a so-called trinity became a standard part of Christian belief.

My point is that Christianity has had a revisionist history since inception. I don't disagree that Jesus was a great man (if he existed), but he provides no evidence to prove that he is/was God. Tell me about any miracles he claimed to have performed, and I will tell you about miracles other humans/deities at that time claimed to have performed. The Bible's claims about his wondrous works are as true as Buddha's or Sango's claims.

If the Christian God exists, it befuddles me that "He" would create rational empirical beings yet expect them to worship "Him" without providing them proof of "His" existence.

If this doesn't raise more questions, I don't know what will. Just wanted to share my thoughts bruv. No offense intended. smiley

PS: I can talk theology if you want to... when I was Christian I read as many expositional theology and apologetics books as I could get my hands on (excluding books by materialistic pastorpreneurs such as Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, and their Nigerian & American ilk). I really thought I was getting closer to God, until I found myself across the proverbial Rubicon.

bstringz:
You know why I needed to add you guys on whatsapp was so we could chat live back and forth consistently without barriers. Cos most times am not always on nairaland. I have been keenly following you guys for sometime and feel I should get in touch with you. Too the guy who said that atheism is not a religion or society, I quite agree it's not. It's a choice and a conviction.
But hey, do u know what? So is Christianity. Christianity is not a religion I think that's where I would start from. Christianity is a way of life. The bible tells us that the men at Corinth saw the LIFESTYLE of the followers of Jesus and said this men behave like christ and hence called them Christians.
Please I need you guys to disregard some of the things you read on the old testament. If that was a definition for who God is, I wouldn't have also worshipped him. Please, take some Time to read through the new testament with an open heart and follow the life of Jesus christ and his teachings, and to would see that many things he taught are the basis for good living today.
Christianity is not conformity to any set down rules or guidelines. No. Christ defined Christianity in the golden rule of loving others as much as we love ourselves and even sometimes more than we love ourselves.

I believe many of you were once Christians and you have an objective mind. Go through the life of christ objectively.

The old testament is not a basis for living. The life of christ is. He dwelled among us so we could see how possible it is for us to live a good life,devoid of sin.

I know I didn't address some issues. I just started with this. If you have any topic u want us to talk about bring it up and let's talk. No insults please. Let's use our heads cos we are young and reasonable people.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 01, 2015
bstringz:

If the God you are talking about here is the God of the bible who is Jesus christ... Then he's not fairy.
However if your talking of Amadioha, Allah, sango e. T. C then I can't speak for them

I don't think you have really searched for God he's evidence is everywhere.
Maybe you should try searching for the devil maybe wen u see how real he is you would understand how real God is. Try joining an occult I mean a really deep one and you would see devil and demons in action and you would know that it ain't magic. The devil has power so does God but he's is greater. But I advice you, pick up a bible and u would see how available God is. What are the odds that if an atomic bomb goes off in Nigeria today that order and life would be created out of chaos(Basis of the Big bang theory) . Chaos only creates chaos. Look at the star, look at yourself do u honestly think u Came from a lizard, who evolved till it became an ape??

Only a higher being could av done all this wonder not some atomic reaction. Only the one true God.

Yes human beings tend to admit to something higher wen dey don't understand something that's the way our minds were created to work. The physical phenomena can never be understood completely this is irrefutable evidence that some thing greater is at work

Am sure you have not and won't understand everything that happens around you, so why don't u seek something higher so u cud understand it better.

I now understand so many things because I now know Jesus
Cos he's word tells us that we shall understand it better by and by...

Note :I don't believe in Jesus cos I was born into a believing family. In fact at a point I nearly became atheistic, cos I searched answers to so many things. And I questioned my faith.
But I found my answers by patiently, diligently seeking answers open mindedly.
Notice the word patiently. I know some of us may say "ppft, lemme give this a try" and you ask God for a sign by praying. It may not happen immediately please be patient and be alert so u can know wen it has happened

God bless you.
Cheers. Goodnight, we would talk more tomorrow
angry angry angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:37am On Oct 01, 2015
Antiparticle:

If the Christian God exists, it befuddles me that "He" would create rational empirical beings yet expect them to worship "Him" without providing them proof of "His" existence.

What evidence do you need ?

He says He is the creator of the universe but you chose to believe otherwise in the name of "science" undecided . Its your own fault bro . You could dare refute this post . You seem more knowledgeable in Christianity than other atheists . Let's see what you've got
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 5:40am On Oct 01, 2015
An2elect2:

Dear, i will be a fool and a miserable fellow if i worship the Sovereign God based on probability, even as high as 99.999% No way!

That thing that gives me absolute surety is beyond the maximum amount that your brain can carry. Yes. It will make no sense to you because your senses cannot be stretched farther than knowing a God exists at least.

I know that Jesus is the only true God not because i was indoctrinated or born into a catholic home, but because i have been blessed with THAT WISDOM that no man has except it be given to him/her.

I might give you 1000 reasons why the Christian God is the true God, but it will do you no good cos someone with more enticing words of men's wisdom might swindle you with what appeals to your limited senses.

Without THE HIDDEN WISDOM, you will always swim in uncertainty and nobody is comfortable in those troubling waters. Well, and of course, someone will scream hallucination! Lol. Do i blame you who have no eyes to see or ears to hear. When you are dead to God, every truth about God ceases to make sense to you. But O'well, i am being deluded, i forgot. How can something as true as this, be delusions? Only to the wise and prudent of this world of course! Lol

Luke 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I
thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and
earth, that thou hast hid these things from the
wise and prudent, and hast revealed them
unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed
good in thy sight.

But seriously what is these puerile word salad?
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 5:47am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

He says He is the creator of the universe but you chose to believe otherwise in the name of "science" undecided . Its your own fault bro . You could dare refute this post . You seem more knowledgeable in Christianity than other atheists . Let's see what you've got

He said it where? People sat down imagine a God and said he is the creator of the universe, they wrote down their own stories about the God idea they imagined, you were such indoctrinated with that idea that people conjured up and are presenting it as something that some God said forgetting that some other people also conjured up their own God ideas. When people were primitive and without knowledge they wrote that their God was addressing them through public speech, fighting together with them against their enemies, living together with them inside a box but now that people have become more knowledgeable and advanced that God ran away. If you can show us any God writing any book then we will believe you, but pointing to a book written by men an ascribing it to some God will not fly. Why don't you accept the claim that Brahma created the universe? Why Yahweh and not Rah or Zeus? These Gods all have book which we are told they wrote. Why accept the book people wrote on about Yahweh and not the ones people wrote about Brahma for example?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:49am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

He said it where? People sat down imagine a God and said he is the creator of the universe, they wrote down their own stories about the God idea they imagined, you were such indoctrinated with that idea that people conjured up and are presenting it as something that some God said forgetting that some other people also conjured up their own God ideas. When people were primitive and without knowledge they wrote that their God was addressing them through public speech, fighting together with them against their enemies, living together with them inside a box but now that people have become more knowledgeable and advanced that God ran away. If you can show us any God writing any book then we will believe you, but pointing to a book written by men an ascribing it to some God will not fly. Why don't you accept the claim that Brahma created the universe? Why Yahweh and not Rah or Zeus? These Gods all have book which we are told they wrote. Why accept the book people wrote on about Yahweh and not the ones people wrote about Brahma for example?

Wrong practice of religion gives the illusion of different Supreme Beings or Gods
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

He said it where? People sat down imagine a God and said he is the creator of the universe, they wrote down their own stories about the God idea they imagined, you were such indoctrinated with that idea that people conjured up and are presenting it as something that some God said forgetting that some other people also conjured up their own God ideas. When people were primitive and without knowledge they wrote that their God was addressing them through public speech, fighting together with them against their enemies, living together with them inside a box but now that people have become more knowledgeable and advanced that God ran away.

That awkward moment when you are left transfixed when questioning the existence of man in the first place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:56am On Oct 01, 2015
@ dalaman - why I dont like arguing with you and johnydon22 on the genesis of life is that after ridiculing religion you'd lean on science hasn't found out yet gibberish or we cant say bunkum . If you know you'd resort to that weak escape strategy , let's stop the fruitless argument .

@Antiparticle - if that would be your resort , dont bother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 5:59am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Wrong practice of religion gives the illusion of different Supreme Beings or Gods

You keep repeating this very empty platitude all the time. Which wrong practice of religion? According to Islam your religion is wrong and Allah dislikes it, according to the Jewish religion which you own religion evolved from, you christians are worshiping an imposer and a criminal. Tell me does religion exist in nature? No, it doesn't, religion is an artificial creation of man, that is why there are different religions and different Gods that were created after the men created religions, there is no religion that is more valid than the other, all are equally valid or invalid. There is nothing like right or wrong religion because all dwell on superstition and man made mythological stories and theology. There is nothing that you experience as a christian that a muslim or a hindu does not experience for example. Go and live with them, immerse yourself into their religion and see for yourself. Stop repeating this thrash talk of people having the wrong religion when according to them it is your own religion that is the wrong one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:04am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

You keep repeating this very empty platitude all the time. Which wrong practice of religion? According to Islam your religion is wrong and Allah dislikes it, according to the Jewish religion which you own religion evolved from, you christians are worshiping an imposer and a criminal. Tell me does religion exist in nature? No, it doesn't, religion is an artificial creation of man, that is why there are different religions and different Gods that were created after the men created religions, there is no religion that is more valid than the other, all are equally valid or invalid. There is nothing like right or wrong religion because all dwell on superstition and man made mythological stories and theology. There is nothing that you experience as a christian that a muslim or a hindu does not experience for example. Go and live with them, immerse yourself into their religion and see for yourself. Stop repeating this thrash talk of people having the wrong religion when according to them it is your own religion that is the wrong one.

Again , the wrong practice of religion gives the illusion of different Supreme Beings . That statement is self - explanatory .

You are the same guy who said "eternal" as used in the bible denotes time . I just can't deal with the hypocrisy you exhibit most times

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:05am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@ dalaman - why I dont like arguing with you and johnydon22 on the genesis of life is that after ridiculing religion you'd lean on science hasn't found out yet gibberish or we cant say bunkum . If you know you'd resort to that weak escape strategy , let's stop the fruitless argument

Have you ever seen me lean on science for the origin of life? I have never done that. Religion should be able to stand on it's own claims and provide evidence for it. Even if science has nothing to say on the origin of life, that doesn't make stories that men wrote in their religious books, stories that have no evidence to back them up at all and stories that have been shown to be false to be any valid. Your problem is that God is your default position for I don't know. I don't use God to explain away my lack of knowledge. I simply say that I don't know. It is not an escapist strategy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Again , the wrong practice of religion gives the illusion of different Supreme Beings . That statement is self - explanatory .

You are the same guy who said "eternal" as used in the bible denotes time . I just can't deal with the hypocrisy you exhibit most times

Which religion is wrong and which is right? It depends on whom you ask. According to the Jews, muslims and hindus for example your religion is wrong, so why are you still repeating this thrash talk? The reason why there are different Gods and religion is because God is an idea men created and men have created different God ideas, that is why there are different Gods and different religions nit because the wrong practice of religion gives and illusion of different supreme beings. There are no supreme beings only different ideas of supreme beings that men have created and wrote stories about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:11am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

Have you ever seen me lean on science for the origin of life? I have never done that. Religion should be able to stand on it's own claims and provide evidence for it. Even if science has nothing to say on the origin of life, that doesn't make stories that men wrote in their religious books, stories that have no evidence to back them up at all and stories that have been shown to be false to be any valid. Your problem is that God is your default position for I don't know. I don't use God to explain away my lack of knowledge. I simply say that I don't know. It is not an escapist strategy.

God is not my default position for I dont know . "Science" can never know . I wonder why admitting that a designer who it can't resolve the mystery of His existence is considered as mythology . Well ,ever heard of a false crime scene ? That's what is being perceived by "scientists" on the genesis of life . Or better still thrown at man by God to spice up life in our material world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:13am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

Which religion is wrong and which is right? It depends on whom you ask. According to the Jews, muslims and hindus for example your religion is wrong, so why are you still repeating this thrash talk? The reason why there are different Gods and religion is because God is an idea men created and men have created different God ideas, that is why there are different Gods and different religions nit because the wrong practice of religion gives and illusion of different supreme beings. There are no supreme beings only different ideas of supreme beings that men have created and wrote stories about.

If you insist man created God , then who created man ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by malvisguy212: 6:15am On Oct 01, 2015
keenn:
As regards the surety for the existence of a creator, I am not certain.

Nevertheless, is it not probable to think there is or was once a God?

What if the whole distraction , world event, wars, human suffering, illogical religious ideas...that instigated inquisition for skepticism was all a detour?

That said, there is a trend I have noticeD in my life that I would like to share with u.

Ever since I have stopped praying or hoping for God intervention in my life...that means, planning my life as if it all depends solely on my actions and inactions, I have made progress.

I make everyday worth it...it could be my last, I try to help the weak even at my detriment as much as I can knowing no help comes from above.

If there is a God, people are in pains in hospital. Pls help them
my good friend, do not allow the devil to deceive you , God is there , He is waiting for you, forget about this atheists who are writing long epistle to deceive you with there seducing doctrine. Let me tell you the truth , To believe in God , it will caused you your favourite sin ,that is why atheists don't want to believe in God because they cannot do without their favourite sin.

An atheist who like to live immoral life, an evangelist approach him and say "repent and live a good live " do you think he will repent ? I tell you the truth any small opportunity that came his way which disprove the existence of God , he will believe it and be ready to defend it just because he want to continue living immoral life.
https://www.nairaland.com/2635294/advice-backsliding-christians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:19am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

If you insist man created God , then who created man ?

I am not insisting, it is the fact, man created God that is why there are different Gods( devils, demons, spirits, etc, some religions don't even have the satan or demon ideas) and different religions. I do not know who or what created man. until research is done and objective evidence is found, I have no position to take. Who ever makes any claim about the origins of life or man should bring objective evidence to back it up. We have moved passed the level of stories, hypothesis, conviction, mythology and fiction, be it religious or scientific.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:23am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God is not my default position for I dont know . "Science" can never know . I wonder why admitting that a designer who it can't resolve the mystery of His existence is considered as mythology . Well ,ever heard of a false crime scene ? That's what is being perceived by "scientists" on the genesis of life . Or better still thrown at man by God to spice of up life in our material world

Science can never know? Every thing that we know about the world around us we have come to know through science and not through religion. That is why as we gain more knowledge the role of God and Gods keeps shrinking away. What we don't know is God and what we know is science. That is how it is and that is how it will continue to be. When we didn't know what caused thunder and lightening we created mythical stories using Gods as explanation, now we know better and those Gods have died away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:29am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

I am not insisting, it is the fact, man created God that is why there are different Gods( devils, demons, spirits, etc, some religions don't even have the satan or demon ideas) and different religions. I do not know who or what created man. until research is done and objective evidence is found, I have no position to take. Who ever makes any claim about the origins of life or man should bring objective evidence to back it up. We have moved passed the level of stories, hypothesis, conviction, mythology and fiction, be it religious or scientific.

You don't know who or what created man

"who or what " in your sentence implies that the creation of life was orchestrated by an entity better still a being and yet you are obdurate that its not God - a being . It further spreads out to a general purpose of life owned by "who or what " responsible for life thus rebutting your aforementioned proposition - the purpose of human existence is what man wants to make off life .

Isn't that contradiction or may be confusion cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
my good friend, do not allow the devil to deceive you , God is there , He is waiting for you, forget about this atheists who are writing long epistle to deceive you with there seducing doctrine. Let me tell you the truth , To believe in God , it will caused you your favourite sin ,that is why atheists don't want to believe in God because they cannot do without their favourite sin.

An atheist who like to live immoral life, an evangelist approach him and say "repent and live a good live " do you think he will repent ? I tell you the truth any small opportunity that came his way which disprove the existence of God , he will believe it and be ready to defend it just because he want to continue living immoral life.
https://www.nairaland.com/2635294/advice-backsliding-christians

Why do you keep deceiving yourselves with this lie that atheist are atheist because they are immoral people? Are you not a religious Nigerian living in Nigeria? Does Nigeria look like a country where people are morally superior to any body? You live in one of the most religious countries in the world which also doubles as one of the most corrupt and rotten countries in the world that has no value for human life and yet you still open your mouth and talk about atheist being immoral. You don't even value for human life in Nigeria despite all your excessive religiosity and belief in God, but you still open your mouth and say that atheist are atheist because they want to live immoral lives. Are you a moral person? You whose heart is filled with deceit and hate for those that do not share your religious delusions is talking about morality. You are insane.

4 Likes

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:34am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You don't know who or what created man

"who or what " in your sentence implies that the creation of life was orchestrated by an entity better still a being and yet you are obdurate that its not God - a being . It further spreads out to a general purpose of life owned by "who or what " responsible for life thus rebutting your aforementioned proposition - the purpose of human existence is what man wants to make off life .

Isn't that contradiction or may be confusion cool

Who or what could mean anything, it could be a group of aliens from another galaxy that came created and left, it could be something that created and died away, it could be a simulation, it could be a being, it could be a natural process, it could be anything.

I have told you to tell me the purpose of human life, where it is written in nature and why is it that every body does not agree to it. You have so far refused to answer those question because you know you haven;t gotten the answer. You keep making blind assertions without providing any answers to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:38am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

Science can never know? Every thing that we know about the world around us we have come to know through science and not through religion. That is why as we gain more knowledge the role of God and Gods keeps shrinking away. What we don't know is God and what we know is science. That is how it is and that is how it will continue to be. When we didn't know what caused thunder and lightening we created mythical stories using Gods as explanation, now we know better and those Gods have died away.

The same God says we should :

Proverbs 4:5; 7

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

and that :

Hosea 4:6

"6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge ..."

Science is not religion and should never stand in the way of religion . They are two different concepts . Man should have better understanding of His creation through science .

Psalm 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

"gods"in the above scripture is a reflection of one of God's abilities - to create . We exhibit this ability to create through applied science -technology - which is made possible by obeying God's command of gaining knowledge .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by malvisguy212: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

Why do you keep deceiving yourselves with this lie that atheist are atheist because they are immoral people? Are you not a religious Nigerian living in Nigeria? Does Nigeria look like a country where people are morally superior to any body? You live in one of the most religious countries in the world which also doubles as one of the most corrupt and rotten countries in the world that has no value for human life and yet you still open your mouth and talk about atheist being immoral. You don't even value for human life in Nigeria despite all your excessive religiosity and belief in God, but you still open your mouth and say that atheist are atheist because they want to live immoral lives. Are you a moral person? You whose heart is filled with deceit and hate for those that do not share your religious delusions is talking about morality. You are insane.
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your
mouths, but only such as is good for
building up, as fits the occasion, that it
may give grace to those who hear.

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands
that shed innocent blood, a heart that
devises wicked plans, feet that make
haste to run to evil, a false witness who
breathes out lies, and one who sows
discord among brothers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

Who or what could mean anything, it could be a group of aliens from another galaxy that came created and left, it could be something that created and died away, it could be a simulation, it could be a being, it could be a natural process, it could be anything.

1.It could be a being but its not God ? Ok grin

2.A group of aliens ? -

Religious view : The trinity were responsible for creation

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Well God could be a sort of an "alien" to us .

3.Scientific view : It gets more interesting when you probe the origin of the existence of these aliens . You talking of Panspermia right ?

4.Simulation?

That's a biological impossibility . Please be serious lipsrsealed

5.A natural process :

Ignoring supernatural intervention , its Abiogenesis or Panspermia or nothing . Its as simple as that

6.It could be anything ?

"Anything" in your statement imply the possibility of God

Contradiction or confusion ?

I have told you to tell me the purpose of human life, where it is written in nature and why is it that every body does not agree to it. You have so far refused to answer those question because you know you haven;t gotten the answer. You keep making blind assertions without providing any answers to them.

It does not change why you keep contradicting yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The same God says we should :

Proverbs 4:5; 7

and that :

Hosea 4:6

Science is not religion and should never stand in the way of religion . They are two different concepts . Man should have better understanding of His creation through science .

Psalm 82:6

"gods"in the above scripture is a reflection of one of God's abilities - to create . We exhibit this ability to create through applied science -technology - which is made possible by obeying God's command of gaining knowledge .

The same God said what? You are quoting words that men wrote and telling me that some elusive God said. If you have a book that God wrote and not men then provide it, I'll continue to SMH at you at long as you keep quoting from a book men wrote and telling me that it is some elusive God's word. I am tied of this rigmarole already, while you have been indoctrinated to accept the stories, narration and words that ancient Jewish and Greek men wrote down as the word of some God( Some believe the words of ancient Indians and Arabs as the word of God), I do not, I have dropped and grown out of my own childhood indoctrination, I used to believe and hold on to my childhood indoctrination but now I don't. So discussing with you is like speaking in two different languages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by frank317: 6:53am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Why do I have the feelibg that in the near future... If u continue on this forum... U will soon be an atheist... Lol

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

The same God said what? You are quoting words that men wrote and telling me that some elusive God said. If you have a book that God wrote and not men then provide it, I'll continue to SMH at you at long as you keep quoting from a book men wrote and telling me that it is some elusive God's word. I am tied of this rigmarole already, while you have been indoctrinated to accept the stories, narration and words that ancient Jewish and Greek men wrote down as the word of some God( Some believe the words of ancient Indians and Arabs as the word of God), I do not, I have dropped and grown out of my own childhood indoctrination, I used to believe and hold on to my childhood indoctrination but now I don't. So discussing with you is like speaking in two different languages.

Even the bible says :

Jeremiah 31:33
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts ; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

1.It could be a being but its not God ? Ok grin

2.A group of aliens ? -

Religious view : The trinity were responsible for creation

Genesis 1:26

Which trinity? The Jews that wrote the story do not believe in any trinity. Trinity is a christian invention, christians did not write the creation story in the bible, Jews did and he Jews do not believe in any trinity. The genesis creation story was copied from the earlier Sumerian culture and hey were polytheist. Go and study history, understand Hebrew and read the bible in its original language the English translation of the bible only gives you about 70% of it's true message, a lot of the biblical message is lost in translation.

3.Scientific view : It gets more interesting when you probe the origin of the existence of these aliens . You talking of Panspermia right ?

4.Simulation?

That's a biological impossibility . Please be serious lipsrsealed

5.A natural process :

Ignoring supernatural intervention , its Abiogenesis or Panspermia or nothing . Its as simple as that

6.It could be anything ?

"Anything" in your statement imply the possibility of God

Contradiction or confusion ?

It does not change why you keep contradicting yourself

I will not dwell on any speculation, where is your evidence for God? You claim that God is alive and living, why can't you just give me a detailed description of your God to me so that if I encounter it I will know it is what you are talking about and not another phenomenon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:00am On Oct 01, 2015
frank317:

Why do I have the feelibg that in the near future... If u continue on this forum... U will soon be an atheist... Lol

I'm what the christians call "A miracle child " - The knowledge of God as my creator is inbuilt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 7:02am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Even the bible says :

Jeremiah 31:33

The bible is obviously lying because no such laws have been written in anybody's hearts. You are busy using the words of men who thought we can reason with our hearts and not our brains and you want me to take you seriously. Your God doesn't even know that people can't use their hearts to reason but their brains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:10am On Oct 01, 2015
dalaman:

The bible is obviously lying because no such laws have been written in anybody's hearts. You are busy using the words of men who thought we can reason with our hearts and not our brains and you want me to take you seriously. Your God doesn't even know that people can't use their hearts to reason but their brains.

My heart leaped for joy when I saw her - I guess my heart did jump

Follow your heart - I guess my heart does the thinking

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / World’s First Gay Bible 'Queen James ' Published / Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.