Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (22203 Views)

God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 5:14am On Nov 14, 2015
UyiIredia:

Just because things work for you as an atheist doesn't justify atheism. The Bible says:

Proverbs 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

So if you work you will chop.

As for evil it doesn't remove the fact that God exists no less than Hitler being evil doesn't make him imaginary.

Evil FROM GOD stands contrary to God's goodness. The smart thing to do would be to surrender just as you already do to the physical world. When fire cooks your food you enjoy it. If it burns you, you dislike it. Do you stop using fire since it burns ? Obviously not. So why behave differently with God ? Because He is a person ? That's ill-thought. People do good and bad to you all the time, you parents for instance. Do you hate them for that no. Don't be twisted by mockery who will have you focus only on God's malevolence. His benevolence far outweighs that the life, death and rebirth of Christ seals that and
the presence of free-will shows it.

You are the only christain that I have seen admitting that God is both generous and evil.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by ichommy(m): 5:23am On Nov 14, 2015
dalaman:

You are the only christain that I have seen admitting that God is both generous and evil.

grin
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by keenn: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
UyiIredia:

Just because things work for you as an atheist doesn't justify atheism. The Bible says:

Proverbs 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

So if you work you will chop.

As for evil it doesn't remove the fact that God exists no less than Hitler being evil doesn't make him imaginary.

Evil FROM GOD stands contrary to God's goodness. The smart thing to do would be to surrender just as you already do to the physical world. When fire cooks your food you enjoy it. If it burns you, you dislike it. Do you stop using fire since it burns ? Obviously not. So why behave differently with God ? Because He is a person ? That's ill-thought. People do good and bad to you all the time, you parents for instance. Do you hate them for that no. Don't be twisted by mockery who will have you focus only on God's malevolence. His benevolence far outweighs that the life, death and rebirth of Christ seals that and
the presence of free-will shows it.
o

So what is my gain in this world if I believe in him.

What's in for me?
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by UyiIredia(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
MzNelly:
Christians, why are we suffering for the sin Adam and Eve committed in their own foolishness, when the Bible clearly states in Ezekiel 18:20: "20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. ?

Answer correctly and put these atheists to shame, once and for all time.

There are two sides to a coin and sometimes they fall the other way. The same Bible says in

Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

That's the other side. God made a promise to Abraham that is evident to this day in the state of Israel. But the mistake of Abraham in being to hasty led to Ishmael whose descendants include Arabs that antagonize Israel. So Abraham's mistake had repercussions.

God didn't curse all generations. In fact the only curse involving other people was in Gen 3:15 when God said he will put enmity between the serpent's seed and the seed of the woman. God only cursed Adam, Eve and the serpent but because of the wrong actions the three took all humanity suffered. Thomas Edison's ingenuity helped generations and multitudes afterwards enjoy light and recorded music. Abacha's wickedness and looting costs Nigeria till this day. Darwin's theory has led to the rise of many atheists TILL NOW since he explained creation without God. So the reason why Adam's sin caused the death of all men is simply repercussions. He must have sen how Cain killed his younger brother. Thats what rebellion does. BTW in Gen 5:24 Enoch walked with God and God helped him escape death. His case is even BETTER THAN Jesus. Jesus died and rose again. Enoch and Elijah did not die. Enoch teleported to heaven while chariots took Elijah there.

Even if God didn't curse Adam, Eve and the serpent for the wrong their evil would still have been occurred given their new found knowledge of it. That's why they didn't like being naked and attempted to cover up themselves with fig leaves as one would expect from primitives. Their knowledge made them ashamed of their unclothedness, afraid of being with God who made them naked and made them to proud to apologize. Instead they played the blame game. So even if God didn't curse them they would still have messed creation up.

In conclusion, there are 3 magic words. Please, which is used to make a request. Thanks, when a request is granted and Sorry, when a request has been disobeyed. Why didn't Adam simply apologize for eating the fruit. Till today atheists still blame God for planting the tree and not Adam for eating it. They are impolite, and proud ingrates with respect to their Creator.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Godsfamilymemba: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2015
BeastOfNoNation:

But every other religion says the same thing. I could replace 'God' with 'Alla'h and all the Muslims will agree. I could go to a Jew and he may tell me that I cannot find God through Jesus. I could go to a traditionalist and they may tel me that the traditional gods are the way forward undecided How do I know that the REAL religion is not some unidentified one in some village in Mongolia? The problem with religion is that all of them need you to rely on faith as opposed to evidence. If ANY faith provided pure evidence of a God (as in I met the God myself), then I would believe wholeheartedly

Don't look for evidence in religion. It's confusion you will find. Stay right there in your room and tell God with all seriousness, "God if you truly exist please reveal Yourself to me." He knows how best to lead you away from confusion and give you a conviction that no one can take away from you except you.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Godsfamilymemba: 11:52am On Dec 05, 2015
keenn:
o

So what is my gain in this world if I believe in him.

What's in for me?

•He can give you direction and help you to know exactly why you are here. You may set great goals, achieve them and be called successful but when you have not agreed with the goal behind your being born to the world- which you didn't set- you would still be a successful failure. He can give you greater ability to help people and enjoy the fulfillment that comes from it.

• He can protect you from dangers of human wickedness, foolishness or ignorance, including protecting you from yourself like a mother protects her baby from unintended self-harm

• He can provide for you when you obviously need help. "Obviously" I said because many people wonder why prayers don't get answered while they spend time asking God to do both what God has given them ability to do and what God is meant to do. God is principled. He doesn't answer irresponsible prayers. It is okay to ask for guidance, not asking God to take over ones own responsibility.

• He can give you peace and joy in the midst of the worst of events and make you come out of the experience a better person.

My own experience is that I had more success when I started depending on God while focusing on my own responsibility- not doing one and leaving the other.

- I passed exams "more brilliant" classmates failed

- I escaped making wrong decisions that superficially looked like the best (an example is a job I got on a platter of gold in a place where Boko Haram started attacking after I decided not to take it by divine guidance immediately after NYSC)

- If you knew the kind of fears that once ruled my mind, you can appreciate what it means to have peace like I do when everyone around expect me to panic.

It all boils down to believing in Jesus Christ and living by His word- the lifestyle of His Kingdom. God does His part, you do your part.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Niflheim(m): 12:08am On Feb 03, 2016
It is only christians who are wrong!!! Atheists know that virgins cannot get impregnated by invisible semen that falls from the sky!!! Those beliefs are exclusive to the lunatics who wake up early every Sunday, to go and bow down to an image of a man hanging on a termite infested piece of wood!!!
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Weah96: 1:36am On Feb 03, 2016
Godsfamilymemba:

Don't look for evidence in religion. It's confusion you will find. Stay right there in your room and tell God with all seriousness, "God if you truly exist please reveal Yourself to me." He knows how best to lead you away from confusion and give you a conviction that no one can take away from you except you.

Which god? There are numerous gods, if humans like yourself should be believed. I'm guessing that you mean the supreme oga one, but the chances of other gods eavesdropping on your private conversation are high. They could just deceive you.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Godsfamilymemba: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2016
Weah96:

Which god? There are numerous gods, if humans like yourself should be believed. I'm guessing that you mean the supreme oga one, but the chances of other gods eavesdropping on your private conversation are high. They could just deceive you.

Not when you mean to talk the true God. He hears you even when you speak in your heart.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by ScienceWatch: 3:50am On Dec 11, 2016
keenn:

Study of 1 inconsequential? Really!!!

Is that a premise/logic for an argument?

Gallelio heliocentirc
exlpanation of earth rotation was 'a study of 1'....so we might as well call it 'inconsequential!'

Can u help me out here, why not spill the evidences?

Hi Keen, How about a study of thousands ?

There were 17,809 people in the German scientific study of atheists. [/b] It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
Many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world found that atheism/ agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by keenn: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Keen, How about a study of thousands ?

There were 17,809 people in the German scientific study of atheists. [/b] It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
Many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world found that atheism/ agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

can u attach your reference

if I am to agree with u, I should not also be in a hurry to dismiss that most in psyc ward patient are religious and more so grew up in religious settings.

this is evident from the involuntary daily devotion(that has been ingrained in their head over the years due to constant act), possession of religious books and merchandise, family prayers during visitation.....
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by CuteMadridista: 5:58am On Mar 22, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 19, 2018
frank317:

Sure, supernatural does exist but the question is 'what is supernatural "? To me, it is just phenomenon we don't understand yet. Things that defies logic. But how common are these occurrences. Why is it just so so common in TB Joshua's church? Why don't you see such in well developed countries, even in their churches?

As a medical person, can't you reason that ignorance plays a key role in labelling just anything supernatural? This is probably why supernatural comes handy in explaining anything in under developed society.

I still find it difficult to believe you are a medical doctor especially if I reread your take on dreams and demons. I used to have sleep paralysis and it didn't take prayer for it to stop. I just readjusted my psych and that was all.

You earlier said you understand the ailment in the TB Joshua vedio, this was the reason why you called yourself a medical doctor. But now u are saying otherwise.

So why do you expect me to look at the video and quickly pass it off as supernatural. You are the medical doctor, ain't u supposed to be more critical in your analysis?

Pls go back and watch the video and use ur brain this time around instead of coming here to spew ignorance. Take into account all the questions I have raised and ask them while watching. Why should the boy put pressure on the areas without feeling pain. Watch critically and u will see the boy is behaving like he is acting on instruction. He really does not look sick. I am suspecting a false skin in his head.

As far as I am concerned the boy is not sick. I can't be convinced just like that and u shouldn't too so as not to be a fool.

Lastly.. I have evaluated you and come to the conclusion that you are a teenager looking forward to being a medical doctor in future. That's a nice dream but you must get rid of this kind of reasoning to really succeed otherwise you will end up like some of these doctors who leave instruments in patients stomach.

If I am wrong and you are really a medical doctor... Then I am just scared for you. YOU ABSOLUTELY DONT SOUNT LIKE ONE.

I need blue water

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele / Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS / How Can A Christian Friend Who Still Masturbates Come Out Of It? ( Please Help )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.