Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:24 AM

65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO (14015 Views)

NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate / Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by neocortex: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Could you please list the phantom 14 universities built by the former president and also mention how many of them are operational?

If you are asking this kind of question, then I understand how UNESCO
came up with that figure.

3 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by perrykola1: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Illiterate.. Sai baba day among. grin

3 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Nicepoker(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2015
North top the chart. Followed by west. Then east and south.

2 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Sanchez01: 7:06am On Oct 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
What about you...may I inform you that a chunk of that 65milla voted for buhari... grin grin....
Quite true... And then the literates, enlightened and sane people voted a man that once said;

1. Ordinary stealing is not corruption.
2. How much did Nwobodo stole? Money that is not even enough to buy a Peugeot car.
3. Who told you Nigerians are poor? We're the highest number of private jet users in the world. How then are we poor?

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by searay(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2015
Plus over 900,000 illiterates on Nairaland who feels that once a newspaper outlet accuses some of corruption , the person should be sent to jail. Or anybody holding a political office is a thief
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Basukala(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2015
Exactly
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by nike4love: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
I first said to myself, there is no way UNESCO can be right on this.

And then i logged on to Nairaland, and started reading all the write ups of Wailers, and i am like, you know what UNESCO?you might just be right on this one.

oga hunger, everybody must not buy ur idea to confirm he is literate. assuming you went to secondary school ,you would have learnt in government the need for opposition.
ur case is worse, to think that someone who opposes u is an illiterate.

3 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by chesterlee(m): 7:11am On Oct 02, 2015
It's obvious where the illiterate ones are mainly based.

It was quite evident after the election, when some illiterates had to trek from their enclaves to Abuja. all in the name of celebration

Our President is also an illiterate #Fixed

2 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by harshemeyou: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2015
not only 65 million nigerian are illiterate, but it is all Nigerian people 140 million we are illiterate
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by koife(m): 7:16am On Oct 02, 2015
I concur, our politicians knows this that's why they lie knowing too well that an average Nigerian take any garbage as truth with their bogus campaign promises. Imagine 1naira=1$ claim. Modern market oil trend will tell you that its mathematicaly 95% impossible. But since it came from commanding officer of illiterates to the hailing illiterates ...they all have a chorus chant....sai baba. Until we seperate numbers from rumours and mere wish, I am afraid our politico economic atmosphere will continue to show hurricane hovering above.

3 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by EkeBarry(m): 7:17am On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:

And then i logged on to Nairaland, and started reading all the write ups of Wailers, and i am like, you know what UNESCO?you might just be right on this one.
....they alwya hav d numba, no 1da they sucxfully made 1 of dea membas d Presido....!

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Quite true... And then the literates, enlightened and sane people voted a man that once said;

1. Ordinary stealing is not corruption.
2. How much did Nwobodo stole? Money that is not even enough to buy a Peugeot car.
3. Who told you Nigerians are poor? We're the highest number of private jet users in the world. How then are we poor?

gringringrin
our country is just messed up to the core... grin grin...we are stuck...

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by mikkypel(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2015
Lady F would be there.. NO doubt

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Holuwakemmy16(f): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2015
Yes,especially in north
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by flokii: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2015
Monalisa185:
being literate does not guarantee common sense

at least you have one right?..

thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Riodiao(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2015
HAusa constitutes 40million out of the 64million yet they want to rule forever

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by mikkypel(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Decibel:
Out of the 65%, North has 35%, SW has 25% while Eastern region has 5% in that order. The rating from UNESCO is based on certificate racketeering(Oluwole &Toronto) in the South West in addition to almajiri system in the North.#Fact

I was wondering if you would make the illiterate lost b4 but as soon as I saw this your comment, I just knew you would be topping the list
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Gadamit!
I can see illiteracy as displayed on NL on a daily basis, so I don't doubt this.

HungerBAD:

Aren't you guyz amongst em illiterate grin
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by KeriBaby(f): 7:25am On Oct 02, 2015
grin

Did dey count the number of educated illiterates?
Because na those people own vex me pass
U go school yet people wey no go school dey write and speak better than u

Peace

2 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/65-million-nigerians-still-illiterate-says-unesco/

Of course, this is true, it might even be up to 100 million illiterates.How else can a nation vote a 73 year old dullàrd who has no certificate

2 Likes

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by flokii: 7:29am On Oct 02, 2015
Nicepoker:
North top the chart. Followed by west. Then east and south.

i think it is east and south after north.. cos all they do is learn a trade, do business, engage in criminal activities and then to top it all.. prostitution in other pples land..

the west are d most educated.. no doubt

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Abeymills(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2015
Where ar d hailing hailers?yeye dey smell....
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by 123papas(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2015
u must be badly hungry cheesy. one gala for you
HungerBAD:

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Godsonkemz(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2015
Why must it always be north. Poverty and malnourishment north, insecurity north, illiteracy north, religious sentiments north, almagiri north, polio and other viral, air borne and water borne diseases north. North always score high mark on the negative side despite the leadership positions they hold in our country.
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by chikids(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
uselessgoat:
MANY OF THEM ARE IGBOS. THAT'S WHY THEY WANT BIAFRA SO IGBO CAN BE THEIR NATIONAL LANGUAGE SINCE THEIR TONGUE IS TOO TWISTED WITH AKPU AND OGBONO SOUP undecidedWHICH MAKES ENGLISH SPEAKING SO HARD FOR THEM.

EVEN THEIR SUICIDE MISSION LEADER NNAMDI KANU PRONOUNCED OIL AS "OYEL" ON RADIO BIAFRA undecided

Hmmmm, I don't know that you kind of person still exist in Nigeria; I thought people like you have gone into extinction. You got it all wrong from the food you mentioned above which by all indication, is not Igbo people's best food. You really need to rise above your thinking and hate level so that God can blessed just the way, He has blessed the Igbos. I have learnt one thing in this life; you can only be ENVIOUS and JEALOUS of someone that is better than you. Who doesn't know in Nigeria that the Hausas has the HIGHEST number of uneducated people.

1 Like

Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Touchey: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2015
Yeah and a lot of them can be found on Nairaland.
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by williamsean(m): 7:37am On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:

your writing is poor my friend and you are here criticizing other people. Pls go to school and learn when to put comma and fullstop in a sentence my frd .
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by ifatayese(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2015
am ifatayese ewenla son of ajijolaogun of ijebu land am here to advertise my father job what do you realy need? the you want your market to be more movere? the you have any disease? the you want to be more richer? do you have a husband problem or wife problem?in any problem you have, just come to ajijolaogun of ijebu land Has your lover abandoned you for other ladies after he has promised to mary you? Have the evil spirits blocked your marriage from having the fruits of the womb? Is yours that of being 'used anddumped' by men after you have given themyour heart? Or you want your lover to come back by force? Do you want your lover to take good care of you and continue to spend for you? or Are you suffering from one of the deadly veneral diseases that you are ashamedof discussing it with anybody? Well, this is the unique opportunity for you to talk to us call this number 08188423085 09035029756or you such add me on facebook ifatayese ewenla
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Elzends(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2015
uselessgoat:
MANY OF THEM ARE IGBOS. THAT'S WHY THEY WANT BIAFRA SO IGBO CAN BE THEIR NATIONAL LANGUAGE SINCE THEIR TONGUE IS TOO TWISTED WITH AKPU AND OGBONO SOUP undecidedWHICH MAKES ENGLISH SPEAKING SO HARD FOR THEM.

EVEN THEIR SUICIDE MISSION LEADER NNAMDI KANU PRONOUNCED OIL AS "OYEL" ON RADIO BIAFRA undecided
Illiterate
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Please, how do we assess literacy. .?

Because since I left the shores of this country, I started having a 2nd thought about it.

What about MILLIONS OF CHINESE who only speak and write mandarin., Yet are involved in COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND GLOBAL MARKETING JOBS..

EVEN president Xi jingpin of CHINA can't speak ENGLISH fluently
Re: 65 Million Nigerians Still Illiterate, Says UNESCO by Mekzmoney(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2015
If u r just joking or trying to create a sense of humor then I 4give u but if u meant what u just said then ur an idiot for saying this.. No offense buh that's wat u are..... Is hausa, fulani, yoruba and oda minor languages or oda states like west/south and even middle belt more educated thn igbos?? Despite that people always hav d mind set that igbos like doing business does nt mean that they are nt educated... Even average igbo man can even read, write and speak good english, including business man.. Ur indeed a useless goat as ur name implies.
uselessgoat:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Directs Education Officials To Conduct Census Of All Schools, Teachers / University Of Maiduguri Post Ume First List Result / Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.