Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? (26582 Views)

Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) / How To Turn Your Internship Into A Real Job / Nairalanders: What Job Can I Do As An O'level Graduate Before Enteringuniversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
Snowflake002:
Mr. Man, there's everything odd about some jobs lipsrsealed There are some jobs that one should never be found doing, but due to condition, they do it. That's a perfect example of an odd job angry If you think you need the 'experience', you should decide on your own, not situations forcing you into it. Jst pray that life never teaches you, in practical sense what an odd job is undecided
Alright Boss . .
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by duduade: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
paganizondar:
Well. After Msc in robotics. Back to naija, started out as a hunter. NO! not the one you see in foreign movies. I mean the real naija ones, antelope carrying, with charms as underwear, with mundane guns in "igbo irumole" kinda environment. Before going back to school for another Msc, This time in forestry and wildlife.

I wonder if anybody believes this shit. If you believe this probably you can believe anything.

LMAOOOOOO
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by duduade: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
BrBakreez:

Right now sir we don't have vacancy in my firm. May God provide a good office for you, I wish you the best in life as you face the challenges of the legal profession.
see shenking sha........
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Macdove02(m): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
koppa:
As a Secondary graduate I worked as a bodyguard for wizkid in the days of Omo to shan,go and see the video again am the guy with tinted red hair,,,he dumbed me for a bouncer later on
Your brain need a hard reset
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Macdove02(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chrisx1x:
After going through these comments am beginning to have to have an idea of what am to expect after school but i know i will never give up
Chill bro, Everyone story is different. Havent you heard of those that got employed immediately after service year...If you believe, all will be well.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by lexaydfg(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
Served at kwara 2015, stayed back and started a typing examination questions business for my PPA and another, was earning 12-15k for that, and now am teaching (pry 3 pupils) in a private school for 10k...

I believe before the end of this year, i will get a better job.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by mikolo80: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
freedom96:
me this kind topics scare me o.Car wash after bagging a degree?Our condition no good o
what is wrong with car washing. this is the mentality that created this no good situation
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by mikolo80: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
MadCow1:
Worked as a Labourer.. Cleaned houses under construction abroad for 20 dollars an Hour pay.

Worked as a Mini van Driver. Transporting Building materials from Shop to site and all..

I applied and begged for Security Guard jobs, Hotel Cleaner jobs, Shop attendant jobs, even Garbage disposal jobs.. But I was always over qualified. grin

I sacked myself and deported myself back to Nigeria after 1 year of that yeye life.

No Regrets.. cool
you for trim your CV
how Nigeria treating you now

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Kemmy210(f): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Tarinigeria2015: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
After graduation and nysc,I practically became a full time tailor making male clothes and children clothes in town market at port Harcourt. It was tough but I had no chioce. When I eventually got a job, the first thing I bought was a sawing machine......Now as I look back 17 years after, I can proudly say the market experience was good.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by MadCow1: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
mikolo80:
you for trim your CV
how Nigeria treating you now

Like I said no regrets..

Got my first job within 8 months of my return starting pay was 350k.. Rose to 750 within 2 years.. and even got higher into the 7 digit range within 4 years. I started as an assistant and became a team leader within that time. My resume profile rose faster than agege bread inside oven.. grin

I started my own Company later on and still kept working whilst running my business. Left the job after 5 years (project work/contract staff job). Got another lower paying though within 6 months. Still running my own business that pays me more than my current salary. I can't quit because I will get bored. grin

Got married bought house and everything has been copacetic.

7 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Immatex(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
lexaydfg:

Abeg bros, connect to that PH firm.

West African Catering PH, Head Office in Onne
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by sparkleice(f): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hmmmmm ..mine I worked as a PA. 4 one baba (69)yrs ooo.mehn wt 20k I go d use newspaper,read mails,any place we go d waka 2geda I go d feel. Ashame sef cos pple go d look mer. Like I be e wife d man cud nt js let me b ws. More like handbag to him,d man use me eh atimes I de vex inside me bt thank God I left him for good.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Kennyfancy(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
YOUNGKAHUNA:
I did a whole lot of jobs, won't call them odd cause they are like a dream job to others...
As a secondary school graduate(2009), I worked with a poultry farm as a farm attendance, my pay was so meagre, I was collecting 4K as salary. I left after 6 months and started labourer work, didn't really do that for long before I got admission into the uni in the year 2011. In my 3rd year I worked as a labourer to augment the stipends Mum do send to me (Dad is Late). Anytime I'm home for holidays I do some catering jobs and that has been what I've been doing since graduation. Hopefully when I get to serve next year, I'll save to open my own Catering service and confectionery outlet. Then pray for a white collar Job and if that isn't coming, I commit myself totally to my catering Job. #It Pays Though.
stil schøoling, i lov dat catering job, pls cn u link me
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Kennyfancy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
MadCow1:

Like I said no regrets..

Got my first job within 8 months of my return starting pay was 350k.. Rose to 750 within 2 years.. and even got higher into the 7 digit range within 4 years. I started as an assistant and became a team leader within that time. My resume profile rose faster than agege bread inside oven.. grin

I started my own Company later on and still kept working whilst running my business. Left the job after 5 years (project work/contract staff job). Got another lower paying though within 6 months. Still running my own business that pays me more than my current salary. I can't quit because I will get bored. grin

lov ur line.. Thou am still studing computer science. Bt my passion is in business, pls sir wht kind of job u would recommend 4 me
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Sylver247: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
MadCow1:

Like I said no regrets..

bro pls connect me to sth manageable abeg. am begging u pls, i ve bin on a 40k job since a yr now and i have a family 2 cater for. pls help a broda sir
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Kennyfancy:
stil schøoling, i lov dat catering job, pls cn u link me
what's your location?
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by MadCow1: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
Kennyfancy:
lov ur line.. Thou am still studing computer science. Bt my passion is in business, pls sir wht kind of job u would recommend 4 me

I have none for you Sir.

When you see something you like, it would register with you. If you go into a business you have no interest in, you may fail.

I am in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry. I like it so far because I can do it do it and still have a stark of time on my hands. Plus I have a strong partnership with 2 other companies that is growing fast.

Find something you are really interested in and start studying it now. Learn the ropes and make friends with people who are already into the business and are doing well at it. Then start plotting how you would break into it.

That's the best advice I can offer you sir.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by MadCow1: 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sylver247:

bro pls connect me to sth manageable abeg. am begging u pls, i ve bin on a 40k job since a yr now and i have a family 2 cater for. pls help a broda sir

Connection ke?

I no get o..

Meanwhile what's your qualification? I work for a Nigerian EPCC company. Are you an Engineer cos that's what they most often need..

I once asked for a qualified buyer here on Nairaland. Only got one response. Unfortunately he was pitted against a few resumes from guys with experience with other oil and gas companies and so he lost out.

Let me know what your qualification is first and I will know if I can be of help to you. No Promises.. I don't have any connection what so ever.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Sylver247: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by jerome263: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
MadCow1:

Like I said no regrets..

. I share in ur testimony in Jesus name Amen...
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by nifton(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
MadCow1:

Connection ke?

I no get o..

Meanwhile what's your qualification? I work for a Nigerian EPCC company. Are you an Engineer cos that's what they most often need..

I once asked for a qualified buyer here on Nairaland. Only got one response. Unfortunately he was pitted against a few resumes from guys with experience with other oil and gas companies and so he lost out.

Let me know what your qualification is first and I will know if I can be of help to you. No Promises.. I don't have any connection what so ever.
Ur signature na true oh,the 26 yr old guy that gunned 8 students at Oregon and 15 yr old british boy caught on the verge of instigating someone to hack a cop to death in Australia all came from a certain sect.The 26 yr old inquired of their religion b4 shooting n if u are from dat sect,take out.
#BBC
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
I like this thread. I am into home tutoring that pays me 15k per month. I want to go into football viewing centre business now but no capital, if anyone can borrow me like 200k I will be refunding it in instalments. Pls help a brother.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by toyejohnson(m): 11:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
mzteemarh:
Lmao,you are not serious.
Don't distract my prospective suitors away from me o.
BTW, omo yoruba ni mi o swagger grin
hbd Ma'am, wullnp! cry
mzteemarh:
Lmao,you are not serious.
Don't distract my prospective suitors away from me o.
BTW, omo yoruba ni mi o swagger grin
hbd Ma'am, wullnp!
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by datkoded(m): 12:06am On Oct 03, 2015
NemzySeries:
wud b passing out on d 15th of october 2015 but as I speak NYSC is d worst job mehn especially wit d fact dat I'm serving in d worst local govt of kwara state (baruten)....d allowee den finish alone 4 xpenses......hauz To bank & back na abt 3k, hauz to LG secretariat & back na 1k, NYSC levy na 2k & so many nonsense xpenses. D worst is dat I teach in a primary sch & d students dunt even hear or speak english....d pple av not seen nepa light b4 or gud water + plenty reptiles & dangerous insect coupled wit d fact dat a snake fell on ma lolipop while eating dinner under a tree @ nite bkos of heat....i sha l8r got blended wit d whole shit........but last last i TankGod bkos U're NEVA STRONGER dan wen TESTED
nysc levy? lol so u allow dose criminals dem dey scrape ur small 2k in the name of one illegal levy cheesy?
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 03, 2015
MadCow1:

Bro.. My lowest moment came when I applied to Mac Donald and Tim Horton for jobs that pay less than 5 dollar an hour.

Now Roger that.

It's now become a story.

Thank God.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by datkoded(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2015
Passed out from nysc in July 2nd 2015..... Learnt Graphical designing during my school days, surviving with dat as a creative designer, publiscist and advertisement agent too... Currently doing a course on digital photography alongside too... Just saved up enough to get myself a nikon d5200. Nor be the money? we go make am smiley All them uncles that promised me one connection or the other, no one dey gree pick call undecided Just barely 2 months after service i have gone to over 15 different companies, Recruitment agency don chop my money tire. Because of focus, I stopped chasing gurls, who fine boy help? Thank God i have a supportive mum sha, she don try smiley grin

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by datkoded(m): 12:22am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by mikolo80: 12:29am On Oct 03, 2015
MadCow1:

Like I said no regrets..

you are living te dream brother
just starting my grind(security guard ish)
hope to come back home asap and do like you did
fingers crossed
this place na just packaging
we can turn naija around same as...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by toyejohnson(m): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2015
after my ND in kadpoly (2008), I worked in 3 secondary schools(payed 10k, 12k and 15k). later worked with Nigerian breweries as a production line technician, then with guinness as a clerk( e no tey na hin dem bagin make me stack crates; nna mehn, my shit dry for my yansh)-was paid 20k. I later resigned and joined Nigerian bottling coy(coca-cola), worked as a CO2 production plant technician( my chemical engineering knowledge came in handy)- I worked very hard,earned 24k and a church member later saw me and offered me a job at his construction coy as a storekeeper/site engineer and supervisor- earned 36k among other plenty benefits. I got comfortable until mid 2011 when it dawned on me i had to go back to school as age was no longer on my side. I courageously enrolled in UNILORIN tru DE. I just graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering goin for service later diz month. I thank God for the experiences and I also intend acquiring many other skills during service (catering, baking, fish farming, make up and other professional certifications. its not being easy but its been God.
#Godwillhelpusall

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Lilshorecords(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2015
IamforGod:
I was a pt student!!!

Worked / hustled in computer village.

Worked in a boutique on allen.

Worked in another boutique ikeja!

Took all sort of insults just to make it in life and not to sleep with men for money. embarassed

But God took control and is still taking control.
i can feel ur pain bae. All will be well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) / Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.