Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? (26528 Views)

Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) / How To Turn Your Internship Into A Real Job / Nairalanders: What Job Can I Do As An O'level Graduate Before Enteringuniversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Sylver247: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2015

7 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by ogundokun: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2015
I was packing shit, where I encountered sanitary pads of different types. Sometimes I have to use my hand to remove them when they are serving as blockage to free flow of shit. I do this mostly at events because I was working with mobile toilet company then. Today I thank God because all those things are now success stories.Currently having a tears of joy !

14 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2015
I love this thread. We all have our surulere tales. Tough situations don't last, tough people do. Moreover, I say all these is paying your dues.

The same month I returned from national service, I worked for a woman who wanted to design a shopify website for her jewellery store. She paid me NGN10K for the job.

She liked my work rate and also wanted me to give Physics and Mathematics lessons to her wards, I think at NGN40K/month...not sure anymore. I got a job in Ibadan and another in Lagos the week I was to start. Of course I settled for the one in Lagos.

My present situation, Alhamdulilah, some others might say is rosy, but I am not there as yet. "Abroad" is not easy o. See madcow1's comment on page 0.

Last line, as the good book says, don't despise your days of little beginnings. And happy birthday to my fulani wife mzteemarh. If you deny me in public, ehn? tongue

9 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Rapture4real(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
IamforGod:
I was a pt student!!!

Worked / hustled in computer village.

Worked in a boutique on allen.

Worked in another boutique ikeja!

Took all sort of insults just to make it in life and not to sleep with men for money. embarassed

But God took control and is still taking control.

God will open door for you for keeping your integrity.pls insult is part of life.no insult, no salt to life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Timoleon(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
rexkexmilan:
Okay. Underground.... For Now. cool
low key! no lele.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by butanep(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2015
chiefololade:
I still never get my dream job

You will very soon...

Just keep doing the little ones.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by raayah(f): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2015
So many touching stories!
I hope all your dreams come through.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by onismate: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Lol I taught in a Small nursery school in 2010 after my service for 8600

It was then I knew teaching in nursery and primary school was more hectic than a Secondary and University..

Chai, So much noise and disturbance, You'll tell them to sit in a place before the blink of an eye they've ran out playing,

You'll teach all the subjects, so there's was really no free break for me then..

Some always poo on their shorts, Chai I suffered for 4months with them before I got a job with a foreign NGO, tho I'm still eyeing a UN or WorldBank job incase anyone here got the connect,

In fact I wish I can have the chance to meet all my kindergarten,Nursery and Primary School teachers I'll bow down for them Biko
iNDEED. pATIENCE IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING. tHERE IS NO ODD JOB AS FAR AS IT PAYS YOUR BILLS. Its just on temporal basis. For me, am shinning shoe for guests in Aso rock. Am at the gate sef. lolz

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by openmine(m): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2015
grin grin
Worked as a cybercafe operator 12hrs non-stop wit 11k though it was upgraded to 20k sum months before i left..
..for me i don't tink i will call it an odd job...but a learning curve... wink wink
As for the future,it can only get better cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by synoble(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2015
here to learn
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by chingydaboss(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Went for various tests nd interviews while Helpin my sis in her business for a while,
Before God uplifted me nd gav me my own job..

D story is diff today..
It has ended in praise
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by daddysprincess(f): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2015
I sold banana pawpaw and vegetable. Infact am still looking for job as a primary sch teacher

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2015
drylman:
There is nothing ODD about any JOB as long as it pays the bill . . .
The only thing is that you are learning and expanding your knowledge. That same Odd Job is someone else prayer point.

Final Bullet :
Its all about how you do what you do. If you can deliver excellence people would pay you more later.
...She Stoops Low To Conquer...
Mr. Man, there's everything odd about some jobs lipsrsealed There are some jobs that one should never be found doing, but due to condition, they do it. That's a perfect example of an odd job angry If you think you need the 'experience', you should decide on your own, not situations forcing you into it. Jst pray that life never teaches you, in practical sense what an odd job is undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by LordReed(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2015
Cybercafe attendant

Truck driver

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Chibaby87(f): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2015
Since June 5th 2014 I passed out of NYSC, no job to settle some debts, I started selling food in a hotel where customers always comes one one in ogun state where i served before I had accident two months so I decided to go back to my state for treatment. I got job in bakery industry yesterday but they job is stressful like seriously. God I still waiting upon you

4 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by pimplucious: 11:58am On Oct 02, 2015
I once worked as a bar staff at Manchester United football club while doing my masters in UK. Was a lovely experience. Free meals and loads of souvenir. If I could turn back the hand of time? smiley smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nafizzey(m): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2015
Nosu:
I have seen alot of graduate sit at home and do nothing. They blame everybody and everything for their condition when they can do something, no matter how odd it is before they secure a job.

For me, I did commercial driving for a while and almost got engaged at a car wash before I secured a job.
This might now look odd, but I also took so private home teaching around my area.

I want you to contribute to this, so that we can encourage someone out there doing nothing.
nice thread OP, well as for me am still a serving corper (NYSC). though will be passing out very soon .

Any advice for me about what to start? Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2015
freedom96:
me this kind topics scare me o.Car wash after bagging a degree?Our condition no good o
And somebody say lo be odd job embarassed
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Welcomme: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
IamforGod:
I was a pt student!!!

Worked / hustled in computer village.

Worked in a boutique on allen.

Worked in another boutique ikeja!

Took all sort of insults just to make it in life and not to sleep with men for money. embarassed

But God took control and is still taking control.
Sis, may God bless u. All d oloshos should all learn from dis hardworking sis.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
MadCow1:
Worked as a Labourer.. Cleaned houses under construction abroad for 20 dollars an Hour pay.

Worked as a Mini van Driver. Transporting Building materials from Shop to site and all..

I applied and begged for Security Guard jobs, Hotel Cleaner jobs, Shop attendant jobs, even Garbage disposal jobs.. But I was always over qualified. grin

I sacked myself and deported myself back to Nigeria after 1 year of that yeye life.

No Regrets.. cool

Sure thing! With that hustling spirit even for a US graduate?

#chopknuckle
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Chidimercy: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
After My Sec School days.. I Went to do my computer training which i ddn't complete because of d nature of d lesson there.. There was nothin new abt lectures.. I dd some Months lesson 4 My Jamb Examination den worked wit a laundry org dat pays me 7K.. I resigned frm d laundry coy after lik 7months of service.. Tried working wit a manufacturin coy dat produces soap and ground oil.. D hurdle and heitic nature of d job is far below it's pay 10K.. So i resigned after i got admn.. Now in my 300level.. Will try 2 save up som moni in my nysc days den look 4 any school 2 tutor.. Den use my savings and start up a small business.. Oluwa is involved.

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
I had to take up work as a Security Guard cool Omo, u go see where persin wey no near u 4 anytin go de use u shine as per say lah ur supervisor shocked It was a good experience sha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by SpotlezDonald25(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
I'm a serving corper passing out soon,,, used my savings to establish a small poultry business,, I sell Bags of Purewater (wholesale), I'm into clothing line as well (female wears).

Hoping in God for a good job to raise enuf capital for my businesses.

God will butter our bread someday.
(I believe)

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by thesource(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
After finishing service in the year 2012, searched for job for two good years, worked as a labourer with a construction company for sometime. One day, I sat down, and i said to myself "there's no future in this" let me look for something else, i decided to learn screen printing and general printing, and to the glory of God i'm through with it already, but still looking for a space to set up my own printing outfit, to be sincere, it has not been easy. It's well Insha Allah

7 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by umohlee(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
For me, I do house cloth washing for 9k every month. wash every weekend. life is hard but sometin we have to face it and learn from it. Thanks to God, now I run the same business with two staff and 8clients that paid 15k month. each of my staff earn 15k while the remaining enter my pocket.

life is good when you learn from it hard side so is my story

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Snowflake002:
Mr. Man, there's everything odd about some jobs lipsrsealed There are some jobs that one should never be found doing, but due to condition, they do it. That's a perfect example of an odd job angry If you think you need the 'experience', you should decide on your own, not situations forcing you into it. Jst pray that life never teaches you, in practical sense what an odd job is undecided
some jobs will scar you for life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.