Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? (26565 Views)

Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) / How To Turn Your Internship Into A Real Job / Nairalanders: What Job Can I Do As An O'level Graduate Before Enteringuniversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by petsolo15(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
worked in a bar and restaurant before my admission into polytechnic since 2010. I have to go back to the same restaurant after obtaining my national diploma since all the company I applied to for industrial training refused to absolve me. I see better days ahead.

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by DeltahArmy(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op nice thread, I learnt how to fix hair, nails and lashes in my year three, didn't want to leave the university without a skill. The job sustained me during and after service.

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Omotayor123(f): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
sexaddict08:

*flogs her thin legs with koboko*
common get up!!! so u want to start doing nothing this early morning? lazy girl
embarassed
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Samakus(m): 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
I did serve masons and block layers, did those hard concrete/cement jobs, followed my dad to slaughter houses where we kill cows for sale, did dj works for few birthday celebrants, etc ...nwanne, 'ataala m ahuhu' (translated: I don suffer)..but at the end, God has won. Now working with a company with prospects of career growth.
#don'tgiveup##chekwubechukwu#

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by avurlerby(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
I hustle on the floor of computer village. Selling phone and computer accessories. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by abdulizom(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
1. NYSC Corp member in in Bayelsa State, March 2005
2. Fast food sales boy in Aker base PH, March 2006
3. Fast food vendor in Niger State, September 2006
4. Forex trading training in Oshogbo, Osun State, April 2007
5. Forex trader PH, June 2007, business collapsed 3mths later
6. Kilichi meat production training in Kaduna, September 2007
7. Kilichi meat seller opposite hotel presidential at noon and eagle cement at night in PH, September 2007. Business collapsed after 4mths due to curfew established in PH cos of crisis then
8. Taxi driver due to curfew that affected sales of Kilichi, March 2008
9. Joined Finbank Plc, November 2008
10. Established Ope..... Nig Ltd, March 2014
11. GIVING GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY, ALHAMDULILLAH

16 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by freedom96: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
kunzaar83:
Mr u never know say a correct car wash wey na u get am go give u more than 100k in a month minus expenses open Ūя̲̅ eyes ooo
he's not talking abt owning the car wash,being there as a worker.You wash the cars yourself.Can u get a 100k in a month by washing cars?

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by ayooyee: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Casual worker n teaching bt today...life's gud
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
Babaneh:
And what do u want to do with that...Abeh don't let me remember thebugly past jare... My future is d koko now...

Instead ask me where I intend to work in the nearest future... tongue

S M H
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Setaje(f): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is inspiring.
But a lot of u have something in common. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by MadCow1: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
zoelife:

Sure thing! With that hustling spirit even for a US graduate?

#chopknuckle

Bro.. My lowest moment came when I applied to Mac Donald and Tim Horton for jobs that pay less than 5 dollar an hour.

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by 400billionman: 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
Zuris:
I distributed nepa bill and read meter readings. I was being paid 16k and later upgraded to 20k.

Thank God I got a better job after 2 years.

Were you a NEPA staff before you did that work. ?
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Panshow(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
I worked as a labourer in a construction site. Mixing cement and carrying it on my head. I did that for 8 months before getting another job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
computer/internet operator.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by NemzySeries(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
freedom96:
me this kind topics scare me o.Car wash after bagging a degree?Our condition no good o
ma guy aprt frm d fact say cold go enter ur body money dey car wash Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo....wuz in a private uni (Abuad to b specific) but begged popcy dat during hols i'll wanna b going to d carwash to make sum cash
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by koppa(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
As a Secondary graduate I worked as a bodyguard for wizkid in the days of Omo to shan,go and see the video again am the guy with tinted red hair,,,he dumbed me for a bouncer later on

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by NemzySeries(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
wud b passing out on d 15th of october 2015 but as I speak NYSC is d worst job mehn especially wit d fact dat I'm serving in d worst local govt of kwara state (baruten)....d allowee den finish alone 4 xpenses......hauz To bank & back na abt 3k, hauz to LG secretariat & back na 1k, NYSC levy na 2k & so many nonsense xpenses. D worst is dat I teach in a primary sch & d students dunt even hear or speak english....d pple av not seen nepa light b4 or gud water + plenty reptiles & dangerous insect coupled wit d fact dat a snake fell on ma lolipop while eating dinner under a tree @ nite bkos of heat....i sha l8r got blended wit d whole shit........but last last i TankGod bkos U're NEVA STRONGER dan wen TESTED

9 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
olukenzo:
I love this thread. We all have our surulere tales. Tough situations don't last, tough people do. Moreover, I say all these is paying your dues.

I worked for a woman who wanted to design a shopify website for her jewellery store. She paid me NGN10K for the job.

She liked my work rate and also wanted me to give Physics and Mathematics lessons to her wards, I think at NGN40K/month...not sure anymore. I got a job in Ibadan and another in Lagos the week I was to start. Of course I settled for the one in Lagos.

My present situation, Alhamdulilah, some others might say is rosy, but I am not there as yet. "Abroad" is not easy o. See madcow1's comment on page 0.

Last line, as the good book says, don't despise your days of little beginnings. And happy birthday to my fulani wife mzteemarh. If you deny me in public, ehn? tongue
Lmao,you are not serious.
Don't distract my prospective suitors away from me o.
BTW, omo yoruba ni mi o swagger grin
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by sniper1305(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
Zuris:
I distributed nepa bill and read meter readings. I was being paid 16k and later upgraded to 20k.

Thank God I got a better job after 2 years.
ah! Ur own beta my brother, I did dat job around 2005/2006 with no pay, jst normal normal 4 field w dey take survive. I almost shed tears weneva I remenba dos days
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nosu(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nafizzey:
nice thread OP, well as for me am still a serving corper (NYSC). though will be passing out very soon .

Any advice for me about what to start? Thank you

How many months left?
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by sniper1305(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
400billionman:

Were you a NEPA staff before you did that work. ?
not a permanent staff bro, jst a casual worker, m sef don enta dat shoe b4. So hectic!
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by ComrdDRS: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
Security up till now....
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by ugbah007: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
I'm a graduate awaiting october batch service by the grace of God.I started by following my uncle who is a building engineer to the site and did all those site work,but I must confess,I Love the knowledge about buillding not even minding the small pay.I'm praying and looking up to God for a good job that will increase my knowledge and move me forward in life.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Donpressman(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
That stage is not easy and I commend you guys
Me I got so lucky my Job offer letter came exactly 16 days to my POP( without any connection but God). But before I gained admission to the university and during my schooling I did plenty odd jobs o. Phone call operator for 3 years, carrier at block industry to add up money, office assistant(i.e errand boy), etc.... God is great! Still hoping for the best!

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2015

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by oguinedavid(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
laundry...am abt going fr service thou!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.