Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (52831 Views)

Photos Of Wike's Body Soaked With Water While Commissioning Projects Today / Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / Obaseki Sacks State Worker For Testifying Against Party In Election Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by 0piosko: 7:24am On Oct 03, 2015
bloodkiller:

Bastard

Mba Micheal, you are the bastard.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by oluwaahmed: 7:25am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=modath post=38615914]

I usually don't respond to ignoramus who dumb people down to their ground zero level but had to help you with simple addition....

2015+8=2023... cool

Stop resisting better thing, support Baba, so that when he improves the educational system, you can return to Night school!!!

Free your mind & let Baba Upgrade you...

BTW....

Wike is not lasting beyond december, soon as Tribunal nullifies his "violent selection", law enforcement will have him answer for the billions he stole from ministry of Education for himself & their Jesus....

Bookmark this post... I'm done with you.[/qu. D turmoil & chaos dt will climax in phc will be uncontrollable, slippin d state into emergency rule. Rivesr state is sittin on a keg of gunpowder. Dakwuku himself doesn't luv Rivesr pple. All dese politicians R about demselves. Let Pmb not erupt a regional crisis because of dis wike Mata. File be!!!
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by ZionJay(m): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari is bent on frustrating democratic process despite the fact that he is a beneficiary of this process. Why arrest policemen that came to testify what they witnessed? Muhammadu Buhari is yet to come to terms wt the fact that this is 2015 and not 1984 when his preferred style of government (dictatorship) was the order of the day.

Even when u fail to impregnate ur wife blame buhari,so gbo? Omo ale jatijati

3 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by AfroKnight: 7:26am On Oct 03, 2015
They lied under oath. That's terrible.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by bloodkiller: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2015
0piosko:

Mba Micheal, you are the bastard.

tongue

yadadadadada
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Charly68: 7:32am On Oct 03, 2015
I think it is good for the IG to put his house in order...there is no need for controversy in this matter..the men in question probably need to clear one thing or the other with the Oga at the top..But honestly no evidence taken from an average policeman in Naija should taken serious ..they are too corrupt.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by naijatruth: 7:32am On Oct 03, 2015
You are too old for all this propaganda and lies. Which people scampered for safety? I was in Rivers state through out the electioneering period, elections in Rivers state was more peaceful than its campaigns. U are here deceiving people and spewing nonsense.
Sanchez01:

No! We're not. Was it not obvious? Patience Jonathan wrecked havoc in the Rivers elections. There was nothing hidden about it. Even the so-called policemen scampered for safety. It's quite simple; the election was indeed marred by violence. The IGP understands that his boys are cheap, hence the reason for being monitored, and true to that he was not disappointed. A Nigerian policeman can conveniently compromise his standard the moment he sees #5,000.

The incessant arrest of policemen of late is indeed notable. Heads of various groups, ministries and organization have been on a purging spree.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by 93RD(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2015
am pretty much sure whoever it is that is behind the arrest is either being partial in this case supporter of the opposition or doesn't know the rule of law.. every witness say or explain whatever they have witnessed or thier own side of the story. i have never heard of witness being arrested in a democratic settings just because he is perceived to be a false witness, not even when the judgement is against him. I love to see democracy in Nigeria, but i must say this doesn't look like one. and pls fellow nairalanders that keep shouting wailing wailers just because they are perceived to be in the opposition need i remind you that not everybody on this forum is a politician or a die hard fan of one politician or the other. some of us just want a better Nigeria where everybody is happy so forgive us if we say the right things but it doesn't favour you or your preferred politician, we just want the best for the country. Thanks to you all including the mod's ishilove, lalasticala, etc and thanks to seun for this platform.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by heydre646(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Well, I believe its not only APC that's been complaining of violence and electoral malpractices that according to media reports, apparently took place during the last general elections. I recall LP also gave pointers to it. International observers gave evidential reports of the above said as well, to which Gov Wike squashed in an unethical and ruthless manner. I recall his live conversation with Channels TV staff that night. He was so rude and arrogant and left me with an impression that maybe he his not so a cool dude. That feeling you instantaneously develop for a person who displays this violent and thug-like manner. I hope the truth is established at the end of the day.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by liyahwillie(f): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which false witness? Is Buhari the judge to determine what constitutes false testimony? You guys are just so bent on frustrating our young democraxy but you all have us to contend with. Nigerians must rise against the autocratic style of unrepentant dictator Buhari and his followers.
Is it buhari that ordered for their arrest?I don't know why some people have refuse to receive sense...na wow ooooo!!!
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by abagoro(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2015
oluwaahmed:
D turmoil &
chaos dt will climax in phc will be uncontrollable, slippin
d state into emergency rule. Rivesr state is sittin on a keg
of gunpowder. Dakwuku himself doesn't luv Rivesr pple.
All dese politicians R about demselves. Let Pmb not erupt
a regional crisis because of dis wike Mata. File be!!!

That will give room for total annihilation of mama peace cultist boys by our gallant soldiers. I pity any community that will hide them should they attempt attacking innocent people in Port Harcourt because their madam has lost in court. Buhari is not Jonathan.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by favourlove1: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:
Are we moving towards one party state? Is this democracy?
d tin tire me o! APC wants to capture d whole nigeria as though its their birthright.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by jidebaba69(m): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2015
Jazzlite:
when you go to give false witness then be prepared for the consequences....

Yes this is democracy.
Everyone is accountable for his or her actions. If you blatantly commit perjury then you face the law.
The reign of impunity is over.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by gateleo(m): 7:42am On Oct 03, 2015
Ok
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by abagoro(m): 7:43am On Oct 03, 2015
93RD:
am pretty much sure whoever it is that is behind the arrest is either being partial in this case supporter of the opposition or doesn't know the rule of law.. every witness say or explain whatever they have witnessed or thier own side of the story. i have never heard of witness being arrested in a democratic settings just because he is perceived to be a false witness, not even when the judgement is against him. I love to see democracy in Nigeria, but i must say this doesn't look like one.

Any person who commits perjury is
liable to imprisonment for fourteen
years.
If the offender commits the offence in
order to procure the conviction of
another person for an offence
punishable with death or with
imprisonment for life, he is liable to
imprisonment for life. [1]

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Montaque(m): 7:43am On Oct 03, 2015
Nonsense. Why are nigerians like this?
This is tending towards dictatorship and people are supporting it.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Episteme2(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=modath post=38615817][/quote]
This comment is just annoying and senseless. So, the ones given in favour of APC are true. This APC is blatantly intolerant and thin-skinned. They hardly accept, endure, keep or come to terms with anything that does not go their way or in their favour.
If they lose election, the election can never be free, fair and credible.
If a court does not rule in their favour, they call it compromised and kangaroo.
If you testify against you, they will send state apparatus after you.
If you hold a different view from them, they will go and open their arsenal of violence, aggression, intimidation and insults typical of Lai M'Hd,
Even in their own intra-party elections cum selections, they hardly accept results.
Before election, they will threaten to a parallel government if they lose.
They convict people long before they are even tried.
They will judge, allege, investigate, prosecute, judge again and sentence.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Allahspride(m): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2015
The order of the arrest of the officers may be wrong it depends on what the laws says about them giving witnesses whether there is supposed to be a due process followed or not. however i will not want us not to accept the truth that the election in rivers, akwa ibom and some other states was with violence. people died and we saw the video on channels and some other tv stations. whether the arrest is right or not, saying there was no violence is outright false. also for you to say that because people did not die in some nothern states its not election malpractice, you are wrong, anything outside the normal law of INEC as far as elections is concerned is election malpractice whether double voting, under age voting, manufacturing of figures etc.
as for the northern states , in as much as the oppositions in the states cannot provide genuine evidence to tackle their opponent in the election, then nobody can take up their responsibility for them.
when dakuku peterside and some other people were teargassed by the police at INEC headquarters in Rivers, you did not say PMB was involved.
SPEAK THE TRUTH ALWAYS COS IT SHALL SET YOU FREE

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Episteme2(m): 7:48am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=modath post=38615817][/quote]
This comment is just annoying and senseless. So, the ones given in favour of APC are true. This APC is blatantly intolerant and thin-skinned. They hardly accept, endure, keep or come to terms with anything that does not go their way or in their favour.
If they lose election, the election can never be free, fair and credible.
If a court does not rule in their favour, they call it compromised and kangaroo.
If you testify against you, they will send state apparatus after you.
If you hold a different view from them, they will go and open their arsenal of violence, aggression, intimidation and insults typical of Lai M'Hd,
Even in their own intra-party elections cum selections, they hardly accept results.
Before election, they will threaten to a parallel government if they lose.
They convict people long before they are even tried.
They will judge, allege, investigate, prosecute, judge again and sentence.
APC would have been the best thing that happened to Nigeria if we were in 1983/4.
It's quiet unfortunate this is happening in this era especially when it was one of the alleged sins of the previous administration that got them out office.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by mideactive: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2015
anonimi:

If you, your extended family & friends are lawless and have a culture of impunity, please speak for yourself. Ok

Mass education is the way to change orientation and culture of EVERYONE towards a Law & Order society anchored on the EQUITY of all citizens before the courts & law enforcement agents, not the scapegoat

mentality of DickTATOR Buhari that leaves out
his utterly lawless & CORRUPT campaign
sponsors, friends & relations. Not so

U obviously need brain check,anyway Jona is past get used 2 it...

Meanwhile Buhari's record on this needed EDUCATION throughout his life as a public servant is total & complete FAILURE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by ushafe(m): 7:49am On Oct 03, 2015
Sanchez01:

No! We're not. Was it not obvious? Patience Jonathan wrecked havoc in the Rivers elections. There was nothing hidden about it. Even the so-called policemen scampered for safety. It's quite simple; the election was indeed marred by violence. The IGP understands that his boys are cheap, hence the reason for being monitored, and true to that he was not disappointed. A Nigerian policeman can conveniently compromise his standard the moment he sees #5,000.

The incessant arrest of policemen of late is indeed notable. Heads of various groups, ministries and organization have been on a purging spree.
mention one state without election malpractice, apc and dpd are the same
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=modath post=38615914]

I usually don't respond to ignoramus who dumb people down to their ground zero level but had to help you with simple addition....

2015+8=2023... cool

Stop resisting better thing, support Baba, so that when he improves the educational system, you can return to Night school!!!

BTW....

Wike is not lasting beyond december, soon as Tribunal nullifies his "violent selection", law enforcement will have him answer for the billions he stole from ministry of Education for himself & their Jesus....

Bookmark this post... I'm done with you.[/quote

You could have still made your point without the mention of JESUS,
I all you BASTARDD UNCIRCUMCIZED sons of MUHA-MADNESS AKA MUHAMMED-de-murdérer of your infidel Mammy and Pappy
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by lonelydora: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You can remove Khaki from a Dictator but you can NEVER stop the dictator from being a dictÄtor. Make no mistake, Buhari doesn't care about this country or our democracy, he's bent on restoring his dictatoral style in this country. Buhari and APC are threat to democracy!

If this is what it takes to drive corruption away from Nigeria, I wholly support it.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by naijatruth: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Shame on IGP because everyone must not please Buhari and APC just as he is doing to retain his appointment as IGP. He should do his job as IGP against boko haram not to intimidate his officers to testify against their conscience in election tribunals.

#BitterTruth
CaptainJason:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/igp-orders-arrest-of-witnesses-for-testifying-in-favour-of-wike/221715/
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by 93RD(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2015
abagoro:

Any person who commits perjury is
liable to imprisonment for fourteen
years.
If the offender commits the offence in
order to procure the conviction of
another person for an offence
punishable with death or with
imprisonment for life, he is liable to
imprisonment for life. [1]
but you have to be found guilty first, am i right? what the news says doesn't entail that and trust me not to support anybody found guilty. The law is clear and should be followed. thank you
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by 989900: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2015
Let's wait for reasons why they were arrested -- that was the ACP arrested; not a nobody-cop!
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 03, 2015
Cancel the Rivers election, make Aisha Buhari INEC chairman, Wike will still win. Ka Chineke mezie okwu
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by InvertedHammer: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2015
/
Nigeria has never practiced democracy.

In fact, Nigeria does not need democracy.

The heart of a typical Blackman is wicked.

They need authoritarian figure to keep them in check.

Name one progressive Black nation in the world. In short any progressive Black city, neighborhood in the world. In every developed cities in the world, majority of the blacks live in slums. Why? Because like children, they are overtly selfish and will easily sell their birthright for a porridge. More like pigs that would rather die in their filths than be cleaned. Why do you think rich blacks stay and live away from other Blacks? The answer is in the mind of an average Nigerian--a wicked set of people.

Buhari is a messiah in disguise.

/

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by babestella: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/igp-orders-arrest-of-witnesses-for-testifying-in-favour-of-wike/221715/

Nigeria is gradually sinking. By 2019, I hope we still have peace in the entire nation. God help us.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by onismate: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2015
anonimi:

You think, noted.
Please tell us what the court or Police administrative panel of enquiry KNOWS before the IGP arrested them?

Or are you saying that our IGP is simply LAWLESS? shocked
in this instance, am just trying to be diplomatic. They may be on the verge of giving false account or.... .
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2015
modath:

2015+8=2023... cool

BTW....

Bookmark this post... I'm done with you.

You could have still made your point without the mention of JESUS,
I see yóu all BASTARDs UNCIRCUMCIZED sons of MUHA-MADNESS AKA MUHAMMED-de-murdérer of your infidel Mammy and Pappy may never sleep peacefully all the days of your bleeped-up Prik washing disgustin thiny called life if u don't mention this lovely name.

Oh my JESUS, all tongue shall confess your goodness!

Even those planning to come to heaven to bleep 70virgins are not left out.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 03, 2015
Zoharariel:

Shut up! False and covetous witnesses, like yourself must be prosecuted and jailed.

This is a new era, not the era of lawlessness & impunity of the clueless & corrupt Ebele Jonathan that held sway.
Is there proof that what they testified is false? No! Then, why arrest them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Explain How Kanu Was Arrested From Kenya- UK Parliament / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.