Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (54516 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Does The Bible Support Communism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by aolumaxi(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad
ur years on earth is a small fraction of eternity...
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by uzolexis(f): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

Do you believe that God knows all the wrongs n right things u will Do tomorrow?
Do you also believe that He knows when you will leave this world?
God said "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy".. unless you can count the number of hairs on ur head, one shouldn't question God
Don't get it twisted, i'm a Christian and I believe God exist but i'm also a human who uses her brains and these questions and inconsistencies about God can't help but pop up. You can choose not to use your brains when it comes to the things of God and that is your problem but I cant do that so I'll continue to ask questions and wonder about all these inconsistencies until I am clarified.

Nevertheless, I have a question based on this your comment, why would God have mercy on some people and not have mercy on the others? So what is the point of asking him to have mercy on you when he has already made up his mind about those he will have mercy on?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wow!You hate God so much,why?
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by charlsecy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
. ofcourse, God did. However, seeing the level of perfidy and sacrilege in the conduct of men, God decided to change the devotion of men away from rules, norms and injunctions to true worship in spirit and in truth. Hence, Jesus was sent to this sinful world.
Did GOD anticipate the "level of perfidy and sacrilege in the conduct of men?" Is GOD all-knowing? Does GOD deciding to "change the devotion of men away from rules" imply He made a "mistake?"
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ogaprime(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I did tell her that that portion talks about making the adulterous woman sterile or infertile and she seems to think its refering to abortion.

Don't mind her jare....some people just carry brain inside head, head on top neck. Na to dey turn the neck to look for trouble them know. The brain nkor? dem no dey use am .#smh
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Usherseun(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
abat4real37:
Who know's
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ahckmedkosy(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=uzolexis post=39356374]
Don't get it twisted, i'm a Christian and I believe God exist but i'm also a human who uses her brains and these questions and inconsistencies about God can't help but pop up. You can choose not to use your brains when it comes to the things of God and that is your problem but I cant do that so I'll continue to ask questions and wonder about all these inconsistencies until I am clarified.

Nevertheless, I have a question based on this your comment, why would God have mercy on some people and not have mercy on the others? So what is the point of asking him to have mercy on you when he has already made up his mind about those he will have mercy on?[/quote

As for using my brain wen it comes to God things, I refuse to Do that primarily cos He gave me that brain so wat I ever I even want to tink He knws already. God is not inconsistent as u said. Unless u refute that part of the bible that says " God is the same yesterday, today n forever"..
On another part, He said he will have mercy on whom he will have mercy. Meaning He knows our innermost mind. Hv u asked why He chose to convert Saul (now Paul)? Cos Saul thought he was fighting wat was just. Have u asked why after all the things David did (murder, covetousness, adultry), God still called him a man after HIS heart? Now have u asked why God rejected King Saul from being King of Israel after one disobedient act?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ogaprime(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
uzolexis:

Nevertheless, I have a question based on this your comment, why would God have mercy on some people and not have mercy on the others? So what is the point of asking him to have mercy on you when he has already made up his mind about those he will have mercy on?

That's what makes Him God....as He pleases. Do you know what happened to king hezekiah on his death bed in the bible??
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Atk1nson(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
And you have decided to be useless all by yourself, bravo.

Curse don't work on me sugar, I'm above such nonsense.

when u get to the lowest point of your spiritually, u may once again find redemption. I have been somewhat in your shoes, but luckily I realised, life was fleeting, all is vanity and death may be lurking in d shadows.

whether dey call him God, Allah, Buddah or what it may be, it is without doubt that creation and order of nature tells of d existence and excellence of a supreme being, who created nature and fashioned laws to keep all in balance.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by omoarole: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Esdb3:

I agree and disagree with you. Yes miracle might be normal but don't tell me, it is not supernatural. It is supernatural to us but physics to God. I have been mind-touching a new branch of physics called spiritual physics.

Now I do not agree with you.

Fall of Jericho was science? So 7 trumpets and shouts of hallelujah fell a tall fence made of clay bricks? Do you know clay bricks are bullet proof and sound proof?

Don't call God Science. Don't call him what we humans practice. Yes I agree what he does can be explained but it is still a miracle. Let me see you divide the red sea, heal a leper by speaking, walk on water.

I guess the mistake you are making is, you don't know what science is. Science my dear, is 'man doing things' simple!! Science is man easing his labour by finding ways to ease his labour. We just gave it a name to distinguish it from other factions.

And who said God is not science minded? Have you read of Noah's Ark?

My correction to you is; "yes what God does might be practicable if we were shown how, but since we don't know how he raised the dead by speaking, it remains a Miracle to us, Science to him!"

Thanks for the reply. But now, there are a few things you wrote that don't sit well with me. First you said the Jericho wall was made of clay. I wonder where you got that from. Then you said clay walls are soundproof....now that's laughable...even if we are to take the story of the seven trumpets on face value, do you know the type of trumpets they ate? Do yu know the pitch of the sound they emitted? Because they called them ram horns you assume they make only audible and not hyper resonant sound.
Then you said don't call God Science. Seems you do not really know what science is. Science is a path to knowledge. And if you say God is the embodiment of knowledge I see how you fail to make that connection. And science is not what we humans practise, don't put it that merely. ...
Science seeks to know why. Look up the meaning of science in the dictionary.....
And never did I say tthat God is not science minded. Didn't you read that part where I said that maybe the reason why God is omnipresent is because he has conquered space-time continuum?
I must conclude by saying what I said in my last ppost....I will not claim to know it all....that's antithetical to science.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by xtycool: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
1) i don't know why people turn bible upside down, pls where do u see abortion in this passage?
2) don't u kno the different between abortion and miscarriage?
3) in that passage do u see God says or the priest says? is the priest God ?
4) may God give u understanding and wisdom,
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by housestark: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.

What app is this OP? I like the way it displayed different versions side by side. Or is it a collage of screenshots?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by berlusconib2: 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
He should first give himself and his followers some of it, doesn't seem like you have it.kiss

Shot up there mumu, u well at all so? En mumu? Ur mouth will soon kill u and lead u to HELL u Bitch, God will never forgive u idiot bitch
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Kboy55: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
No, abortion is a sin
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by fredopareto(m): 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
d writer is a flibbertigibbet...y turning d bible upside down...maka y....wen u read further..d purpose is as follows..{1}to create fear in order 2 stop adulterous while {2} jst to avoid doubting nd jelousness among d couple...afterall if d woman is guilty of d accusation den she bear d consequencies bt if not ..she is free from d curse.. although d bible verse is nt referring to abortion...abi u pray say mak ur wife dey nag outside nd born bastard for u...
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Chomzy19(f): 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
uzolexis:

John 3:16 'for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that WHOSOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life'. God does not want anyone to perish in eternal damnation, he will have mercy on anyone who repents and turns to him.that is the only reason our lord Jesus Christ was made man, To bring his forgiveness and salvation to mankind, so God will have mercy on anyone who asks him for it. However God already knows those he will have mercy on, because he already knows those that wil ask for his mercy and be saved.

It is however the prerogative of God to decide what to do with the people he created, that is why he is God. It says in the book of Isiah that a potter can choose to do with the pottery whatever he wants. It is not in the place of any human being to question God, analyse his moves or even try to understand God and his motives because you just can't. He is a loving father though and everything he does is for the good of those that loves and trusts in him. You dont have to understand or try to rationalize what he is doing just trust in him and all will finally work out in your favour

You said you have questions and inconsistencies in the bible. I can tell you that you are asking the wrong people. Ask the holy spirit, he is there to guide you. Have a quiet time when you still all thoughts and ask him to answer your questions. He will help you. You can also ask your pastor or priest or any Christian you know who is mature in the spirit. Not all elders in the church are spiritually mature though and you'll never fully understand what they teach unless you are spiritually connected.
Finally it is foolhardy to try to understand spiritual truths with your physical senses. Everyman has a spirit, try and give your spirit the chance of explaining things to you, It has a better chance is succeeding

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ruggedtimi(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2015
freecocoa:
See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha.
people like u dey exist....
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Heymus(m): 7:03am On Oct 26, 2015
neocortex:

Whic of the creator , Allah , Yahweh or Obatala ?
almighty God!
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Heymus(m): 7:09am On Oct 26, 2015
free2ryhme:

Your opinion does not count for Him to be God.
Whether people worship Him or not He will still be God!
nazooo!, exactly

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2015
There are no 2 different God in the old and new Testament.
It is still that same God of Judgement, Justice and Principles of Living an Honourable Life....But in the New Testament, He established a route to His Mercy seat through the death of His Son, the Word of God, Jesus, that by His Grace, offences be forgiven and also by His Grace, mankind can live above those offences. And when this Word and Spirit be taken out of the way (Rapture), that Judgement will return again to convict the World of the numerous sins that abides already.

As for this Scripture...in no way does it support Abortion, but rather a punishment is it for the offence of Adultery...note the beginning of that statement in vs 20 "BUT IF YOU HAVE GONE ASTRAY...." The resultant effect of that punishment is that she will never be able to bear children again and not just abortion..There are no 2 different God in the old and new Testament.
It is still that same God of Judgement, Justice and Principles of Living an Honourable Life....But in the New Testament, He established a route to His Mercy seat through the death of His Son, the Word of God, Jesus, that by His Grace, offences be forgiven and also by His Grace, mankind can live above those offences. And when this Word and Spirit be taken out of the way (Rapture), that Judgement will return again to convict the World of the numerous sins that abides already.

As for this Scripture...in no way does it support Abortion, but rather a punishment is it for the offence of Adultery...note the beginning of that statement in vs 20 "BUT IF YOU HAVE GONE ASTRAY...." The resultant effect of that punishment is that
Num 5:27-28
27 If she has defiled herself and been unfaithful to her husband, then when she is made to drink the water that brings a curse, it will go into her and cause bitter suffering; her abdomen will swell and her thigh waste away, and she will become accursed among her people. 28 If, however, the woman has not defiled herself and is free from impurity, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.
NIV. This is a Law against Adultery and its punishment....

Moreover, for those saying only the woman is punished...why not read well before you start asking questions...there were severe punishments for the menfolks too...

However, in the present day, due to Grace, one will definitely be saved from Adultery, either through Grace or her covering up, but in the end, Judgement still awaits.

Come to Jesus today and be saved from sin and get the Power to live above them all....
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2015
cx
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by iamord(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2015
Truth be told. That passage reeks of gender inequality. People are just afraid to question what they think they know.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Okaka27(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2015
exxell:
As a Christian, na one eye I dey take look that Old testament god. Most times, there is no difference between him nd the Muslim Allah. Very radical in nature.
hw is Islam radical ?
Pls reply
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Okaka27(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2015
exxell:
Back to sender bro
u knw nothing but spew shit Jus imagine d insolence
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ronathel: 9:54am On Oct 26, 2015
freecocoa:
See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha.
The bible is not read with a literal mindset....before goin tru the scripture....u need a spiritual understanding,wisdom is profitable to direct.....so my broda,bcareful wat u ryt,else the wrath of God will strick u wif anger.....and always start the wif capital letter or beta still GOD....show absoulute respect 4 ur creator.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by michaelwilli(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

Read it completely. It didn't say the baby will die or something of such, it says the woman shall rot and b a disgrace to her people
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by attention007(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2015
chaii see wetin freewill dey cause smh...
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by free37: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmm..
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by tmamuda(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2015
neocortex:
God changes whenever culture change.

God Never change. Malachi 3:6
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by tmamuda(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2015
raayah:

That seems to be the answer.
In new testament, women who were adulterers were to be stoned to death while in the new testament Jesus refuted that law.

Are U a christian or U seems to read those part of the Bible? What do U believe in?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by tmamuda(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2015
The Bible does not support n will not Abortion.
why is abortion carried out secretly?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2015
tmamuda:

God Never change. Malachi 3:6

The whole bible points to the fact that
God changes with culture. A single verse
cannot neutralize the stance of the complete
bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South African Policeman Prays Before Arresting Pastor Who Defied Lockdown / Man's Hands Covered By Bees After He Stole A Car From The Owner (Video, Photo) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.