Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (54518 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Does The Bible Support Communism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by postmann: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha.
You are so shamlessly Godless. And you mistook it for civilization and sophistication.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
bulldoza:

You are the one wallowing in your ignorant and confused misery. Soon, you may be referred a psychiatrist home.
You think everything just came to existence by chance right?
You're a dunce!

Did God came into existence by chance ?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by CHIAAGRO: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
STOP READING THE BIBLE LIKE A TEXT BOOK OR A NOVEL!
The Bible is understood by revelation and not by education or literal meanings! You must catch the revelation by the light which JESUS CHRIST brought in the new testament before you will understand the old testament.Many in error will say the old testament is condemed! If you read the book of LEVITICUS11 you will discover that almost every meat is forbiden! that's literal understanding! but the 'eat' there is not the eating of food but means behavior! e.g don't behave like a pig! SO LET'S SEEK REVELATION. check my previous comment to know the issue on ground.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by leofab(f): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
I
ahckmedkosy:
I Dint need to read that quote by op before I say abortion is murder.. Grave sin. What op quoted in the bible has been modified in the new testament. It's the law of Moses of which Christians no longer live by but live by the principles of Jesus Christ ( accept Him *Jesus* as ur Lord) and in his mercy n grace u will live.
laws of Moses? Are you okay at all?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
at Naijadeyhia

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. “Go up baldhead,” they shouted, “go up baldhead!” The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

The execution of the Plague (Ex 12.29ff):

At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the prisoner who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. 30 Pharaoh arose in the night, he and all his officials and all the Egyptians; and there was a loud cry in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead
ng”].
Isaiah chapter 13,

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

Hosea 9:16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

You miss the whole message of the word of God. What you are doing is taking extracts out of context and that is wrong. God creates life... Men take it under the influence of the devil. How do you think forgiveness came about? How do you think its possible to forgive an adulterous wife by a spirit filled Christ loving believer? We see this everyday because that person is possessed by the true heart of the Love of God! Why didnt Jesus join the mob in stoning the woman caught in the act of adultery...afterall the law of moses commanded that she be stoned but he rather forgave her and showed her a new path.

Saying God is pro abortion is like saying we are still under the law and not the grace of the new Testament. Even in the old Testament God was pro life but gave rules and repercution and not that he metted out death as he pleased which even though he could he did not except the law was broken. But in the new testament the law is forfeit as God has taken out all his anger on Christ and he has died for all so grace is now in full effect but that does not still support sin but rather encourages love.

Stop quoting scripture out of context. The word of God is a journey with a destination and if you keep quoting extracts as the destination then you are a problem to yourself. Get the full picture and get it right.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by kayodekb: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
exxell:
As a Christian, na one eye I dey take look that Old testament god. Most times, there is no difference between him nd the Muslim Allah. Very radical in nature.

lol... so ur bible is different from each version? u better wake up and support d only one true religion which is ISLAM(PEACE)
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Femiwilli: 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
[size=13pt]I've read what OP wrote and this explains it well[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggAXSv53Qc

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Femiwilli: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
kayodekb:

lol... so ur bible is different from each version? u better wake up and support d only one true religion which is ISLAM(PEACE)

yes support the only religion that their founder married a 6yr old baby

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by creepsyme(f): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
I have always loved and admired u on nairaland from time immemorial, but I never knew u were this daft. love u still though%_€/^$&*) ₩÷×+
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by waice6571: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
uzolexis:

So you are worshipping God cos you are scared of hell?? That is not God's intention, he wants us to serve him cos we love him not cos we are scared of hell besides that hellfire you are using to scare pple is a human invention, early christians never believed or talked about hellfire because it just doesn't make sense for a loving God to torture pple for eternity. (google is your friend, pls do a research).

Obviously my post is directed to all the haters of GOD their maker. They tend to ignorantly blame God at any slight appearace of evil.
Tell them..... Let them know it.....
God is love. God is life. But if they continue in thier stiffneckedness they will have the same end alongside the devil himself.
Thats the bitter truth. Good day.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by abbey621(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

No, the water caused her to have an abortion. A forced miscarriage with water/pills/injection is abortion.

You are reaching! What water and who put it in her? Don't tell me spirits are capable of performing abortions angry angry angry angry
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Fourwinds: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
God will punish any woman dat knowingly go out and conceive for another man and bring it to her husband when u know ur husband can perform his duty.. Likewise d stu..pid man who does dat....what a wicked world we live in
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by frediyke18: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
1st time commenter,hope I did d shii right,d bible doesn't support abortion #kpomquem.
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Did God came into existence by chance ?
The most stupíd question ever. I can't just continue arguing with a rétard.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ahckmedkosy(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
uzolexis:

Yes, he is the same God but if you read the old testament and the things he did, can you still hold on to the fact that he is a loving God?
Cos he was basically a villain in the old testament but much more loving and peaceful in the new testament. I have stopped reading the old testament because it just paints the image of a very wicked and evil God in my mind. Don't get it twisted I am a Christian.

To me even in all I see Him as faithful.. None was ever unjustly punished. Though some repercussions wia grave but no sin goes unpunished. It was out of mercy He gave us the best option to be closer to him. Remember people lived in those days that stood upright. It made Christians then to be cautious of their acts n deeds unlike now cos of His grace no wonder the bible said "shall we dwell in sin that grace may abound"
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
[s] STOP READING THE BIBLE LIKE A TEXT BOOK OR A NOVEL!
The Bible is understood by revelation and not by education or literal meanings! You must catch the revelation by the light which JESUS CHRIST brought in the new testament before you will understand the old testament.Many in error will say the old testament is condemed! If you read the book of LEVITICUS11 you will discover that almost every meat is forbiden! that's literal understanding! but the 'eat' there is not the eating of food but means behavior! e.g don't behave like a pig! SO LET'S SEEK REVELATION. check my previous comment to know the issue on ground.
[/s]
Keep foolıng yourself

What silly revelation are you referring to?

Wake up from your slumber and stop being a deluded hypocrite.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ahckmedkosy(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
leofab:
Ilaws of Moses? Are you okay at all?

I want to honestly blv u are NOT a Christian cos if u are you will know that the first five books containing the laws in the old testament are called Laws of Moses or The Pentateuch.
You have Google to read as well or ur pastor (if u are a christian)
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Eberex(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
In myself and others.

and how did you come into existence if i may ask
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jearile(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Paul arrested himself, don't tell me you are not aware that paul is the founder of christianity, jesus was just a tool.
Iyaba left... wrong flight; no bi n u. Kpele
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Fourwinds: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
hmmmmm.. U need treatment... A spiritual one.. Even some scientists have reasoned dat there is a force behind certain things
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
@raayah you quoted to verse 23... let me finish the chapter for you from verse 24...

24 And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.

25 Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord, and offer it upon the altar:

26 And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.

27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.

29 This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;

30 Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the Lord, and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.

31 Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity

PLEASE NOTE VERSE 28 AND 29. THIS CLEARLY SHOWS ITS FOR AN ACT OR A SUSPECTED ACT OF ADULTERY BY THE WOMAN AND ITS KNOWN AS THE LAW OF JEALOUSY BUT NOTE VERSE 28 IT SAYS AND I QUOTE "28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed."

THIS SHOWS ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH ABORTION BECAUSE SHE WASNT EVEN PREGNANT AS THE VERSE SAYS AND IF THE WOMAN BE NOT DEFILED, BUT BE CLEAN THEN SHE SHALL BE FREE AND SHALL CONCEIVE SEED. THIS SHOWS SHE HASNT CONCEIVED YET. LIKE I SAID EARLIER THIS PROCESS WAS MEANT TO CAUSE HER TO BE STERILE AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ABORTION. STOP MISQUOTING SCRIPTURE.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chineloSA(f): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

Where does the bible disapprove of cohabitation? Is the bible definition of marriage wrong? How can people who are not married commit adultery. You are still talking about single parents not individual unmarried couples.

Sex between
married + married ( your partner ) = is Godly
widow + widow ( now married to him/her ) = is Godly

married + single ( not you partner ) = is unGodly ( adultery )
married + divorced = is unGodly ( adultery )
married + widow = is unGodly ( adultery)
divorced + divorced = is unGodly ( adultery )
divorced + widow = is unGodly ( adultery )
divorced + single = is unGodly ( adultery )

single + widow = is unGodly ( sexual immorality ) ( unless you marry the widow after marriage its Godly)
single + single = is unGodly ( sexual immorality ) ( unless you both marry after marriage, its Godly )
single + divorced = is unGodly ( adultery + sexual immorality
[/b]
Cohabitation is not marriage therefore it may be adultery or sexual immorallity ( depends on the status of the partners ). If its between single + single = is unGodly ( sexual immorality )

So cohabitation does not amount to marriage, legally or biblically, it is then adultery or sexual immorality.

There is no single parents in the bible or individual couples. Individual couple doesn't make sense at all. If you are not married and in a relationship you are single ( because you are not married to that man/woman).You have no obligation to the person until you are married.

There is no in-between please, both legally and biblically.

Stop confusing yourself smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jcross19: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
HARDDON:

Do u have dreams? I mean, do u dream when ur head u lay to rest @ night.? Have u had an attack @ night b4?
Do u have control over urself while u sleep?

Have u tried holding ur breath for 3mins?

Have u visited the mogue b4 n appreciated d fact that human being is noting but breath?

Have u wondered if there is really life after death? Or u think humans die like chicken n daz it?

There are alot of questions science cant ansa. Alot more google cant crawl up.

As d day n night is stark real, so also is evil n gud.

How can u bliv in urself when u r limited by make up? With so many questions hanging over ur head unanswered?

The mind blivs on a higher being, a being it can run to when itz @ a cross road.

How can u bliv in others when there is a limit they can go with u? How?
How can u bliv in others when u dont know the deep tots of their hearts? Daggar @ their back , a smile on their faces.

U dont need to know how to pray, b4 u go to bed to night, just ask God to reveal himself to u. Say it like u talking to a friend.
He is closer than u think n he cares than u cud ever imagine.

U wud be glad u did. No matter how far u travel on d wrong road, u wud neva get to u destination. Make a u turn today and embrace the light

Jesus Loves U.
wise words , God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chineloSA(f): 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
Femiwilli:
[size=13pt]I've read what OP wrote and this explains it well[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggAXSv53Qc

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by histemple: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:

LWKM
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by swaggerdgrt(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hornestly thre are some trend dat is not worth commentin at all and on no accout shud any1 debate abt dis topic cos it dosnt mke any sense.abortion is a sin biblicaly and in our society and nobdy shud debate nd argue abt it....gbammm

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by sniper1305(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dz 1 don comit more dan 21 abortion, smh, I pity dat innocent guy wey go marry you
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by abbeymighty(m): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
bulldoza:

The most stupíd question ever.
I can't just continue arguing with a rétard.

I didn't know you are one of those who run away when cornered.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by KatalysticCJ: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:

U need to be sat down and taught
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ayoniakins(f): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
and how does that bible reference relate to Abortion?
Chai, people and misinterpretation!

There is a big difference btw d old covenant and d new covenant...... Jesus has become the sacrifice of our sins.....all curses gone by his death and resurrection. The only requirement is to believe and u will be saved....for EXCEPT a man be Born Again, he cannot see d kingdom of heaven. John 3:3.

When u have Christ in u, ur past is gone and u become a new creation. For sin will not have Dominion over u!

A child of God can't abort, cos he is a new creation!
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by bobmatex(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
johnydon22:
To me personally i do not and can never support removing a feotus unless it poses a dire threat to the life of the mother and that is the only way to save the woman's life.

So better the feotus than the mother because if the mother dies the feotus dies with her... But on a normal circumstance where there is no threat to life, then let the new life that blooms within her be given a chance to see this world.

I wouldn't allow any baby abort my child but seriously fvck whtlat the bible and the quran thinks, i don't need idiotic constructs of primitive men that i am far more advanced than influence my personal standards.

its a shame 21st century beings still revere these books that has shown to be relics of a barbaric culture.
End time talks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South African Policeman Prays Before Arresting Pastor Who Defied Lockdown / Man's Hands Covered By Bees After He Stole A Car From The Owner (Video, Photo) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.