Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (54515 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Does The Bible Support Communism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
M
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ERONX(m): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
exxell:
As a Christian, na one eye I dey take look that Old testament god. Most times, there is no difference between him nd the Muslim Allah. Very radical in nature.
The old testament God is different from the new testament church bah?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by 4nobody4every1: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
smiley
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad

You don collect missed call from your village people again?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
God changes whenever culture change.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
HARDDON:

Why are you running away from the op's question ?
Are you ashame of associating with yahweh ?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by MansaMoussa: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Abandon Abrahamic religions and return to your forefathers oh Children of Napata

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by goshen26: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
I am watching.......
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dekatron:

grin grin

No ooo, he is a LOVING FATHER, SUFFICIENT GOD, OMNIPRESENT, OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT. . . . . .

Sister repent, or you are in damnation of HELL!! REPENT!!

@raayah :- well, away from BIBLE and RELIGION, I actually DON'T SUPPORT ABORTION ON A NORMAL DAY. Except for RAPE. . . . Its your responsibility, DO IT!! Why didnt you use protection or why did you let him enter without protection??

Na part of why I never jam kpekus o jare my sister. . . . . Abortion except for RAPE or SEXUAL ASSAULT(If possible) is BAD and without evidence of rape, doctors should NEVER ABORT. They should make that a law.
So that uneducated people and thugs,terrorist will dominant everywhere... it's good

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Dindondin(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha.
when did you turn to atheism?
Last Bullet

Astaga see me stagger
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:
God changes whenever culture change.

That seems to be the answer.
In new testament, women who were adulterers were to be stoned to death while in the new testament Jesus refuted that law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by abbey621(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
How exactly does those verses support abortion? I don't get it! This looks like a classic case of reaching, no basis just emotional jargon.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by gamaliel121(m): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
exxell:
As a Christian, na one eye I dey take look that Old testament god. Most times, there is no difference between him nd the Muslim Allah. Very radical in nature.

That is why jesus came...and modified everything..
Praise his holly name
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dekatron:

grin grin

No ooo, he is a LOVING FATHER, SUFFICIENT GOD, OMNIPRESENT, OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT. . . . . .

@raayah :- well, away from BIBLE and RELIGION, I actually DON'T SUPPORT ABORTION ON A NORMAL DAY. Except for RAPE. . . . Its your responsibility, DO IT!! Why didnt you use protection or why did you let him enter without protection??

Na part of why I never jam kpekus o jare my sister. . . . . Abortion except for RAPE or SEXUAL ASSAULT(If possible) is BAD and without evidence of rape, doctors should NEVER ABORT. They should make that a law.
what about the case where the woman is sick and the only way to safe her is the abort the pregnancy? Will u also say she should carry the baby till she delivers?
As for the the case of rape, the woman should visit the hospital immedaitely after the incedent for medical check up and should be given drugs to prevent any pregnancy and if she fails to do so and it results to pregnancy, she should bear the child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
abbey621:
How exactly does those verses support abortion? I don't get it! This looks like a classic case of reaching, no basis just emotional jargon.

May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by GMan650(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
DOA - Dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
gamaliel121:

That is why jesus came...and modified everything..
Praise his holly name

So should we ignore the old testament?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Bonapart(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Foolish and unlearned question

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
HARDDON:

Do u have dreams? I mean, do u dream when ur head u lay to rest @ night.? Have u had an attack @ night b4?
Do u have control over urself while u sleep?

Have u tried holding ur breath for 3mins?

Have u visited the mogue b4 n appreciated d fact that human being is noting but breath?

Have u wondered if there is really life after death? Or u think humans die like chicken n daz it?

There are alot of questions science cant ansa. Alot more google cant crawl up.

As d day n night is stark real, so also is evil n gud.

How can u bliv in urself when u r limited by make up? With so many questions hanging over ur head unanswered?

The mind blivs on a higher being, a being it can run to when itz @ a cross road.

How can u bliv in others when there is a limit they can go with u? How?
How can u bliv in others when u dont know the deep tots of their hearts? Daggar @ their back , a smile on their faces.

U dont need to know how to pray, b4 u go to bed to night, just ask God to reveal himself to u. Say it like u talking to a friend.
He is closer than u think n he cares than u cud ever imagine.

U wud be glad u did. No matter how far u travel on d wrong road, u wud neva get to u destination. Make a u turn today and embrace the light

Jesus Loves U.

Freecocoa answer this question. I'm waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by popesam1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is hmmm
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by duni04(m): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
For anyone in the year 2015 to model his life after books that people living more than 2000 years ago used to govern their lives is just pathetic. While we're at it, we can also stone women who commit adultery. Just ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nicepoker(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad
are u always this 5tupid?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
That was a curse to a woman who commits adultery undecided
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chiedu7: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.

Please dont talk like a dullard, its bad enough having a dullard as president.

This happens if the husband suspects the wife of sleeping around.
But with no witness,so she is brought to the Priest let God judge her and not for abortion. angry

Not to abort the baby, read the preceding verses

Numbers 5
12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him,

13 And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner;

14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:

15 Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by mohammedmagnus: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
there's no compulsion in religion if you don't want to follow it don't!!!. simple, not that you come and start defiling someone's religion, because you don't believe in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
mohammedmagnus:
there's no compulsion in religion if you don't want to follow it don't!!!. simple, not that you come and start defiling someone's religion, because you don't believe in it.

I am not defiling religion. I asked a very simple question.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ahckmedkosy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
sonmvayina:

yes they are different...any body that says different is just plain stupid or ignorant and dishonest...they dont reverence the era and the predominant ideas at the time they where written.

There is no difference btw God of OT n NT. The bible says God is the same yesterday, today n forever. He is unchangeable in nature. The Difference is His Decision to give us an easier path to eternal life. While in OT, you pay for ur sins or wrong doings by yourself either by sacrifice of animal or by ur own life, in the NT, all your wrong doings have been paid by the blood of Jesus Christ, so for you to be saved is just to acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that He died for your sins.so I ask which is better? Paying by urself or simply believing in His Son.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by mezebel(f): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
All I can Say is

Dear Jesus pls have mercy on me.

4give me.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dekatron:

grin grin

Not just rape...inciest too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South African Policeman Prays Before Arresting Pastor Who Defied Lockdown / Man's Hands Covered By Bees After He Stole A Car From The Owner (Video, Photo) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.