Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (54527 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Does The Bible Support Communism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
sonmvayina:

yes they are different...any body that says different is just plain stupid or ignorant and dishonest...they dont reverence the era and the predominant ideas at the time they where written.
oh they are different? Then why does the bible say "god is the same yesterday today and forever? Why do you christians say your god cannot change? The bible says heaven and earth will pass away but the word of god will not pass away, yet it is obvious there was a drastic change as the old testament metamorphosized into the new testament. Doesn't this show that the so called "changeless god" xtians worship is actually very unstable and is suffering from multiple personality disorder?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by KingShayDee(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
funny post It's murder bro haven't u read ur bible and the Bible does not support it
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by KingShayDee(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
funny post It's murder bro haven't u read ur bible and the Bible does not support it
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ogaprime(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.

Madam op, if you want to quote bible passage, quote from KJV and other acknowledged translation and not NIV. Thank you....
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by uzolexis(f): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

To me even in all I see Him as faithful.. None was ever unjustly punished. Though some repercussions wia grave but no sin goes unpunished. It was out of mercy He gave us the best option to be closer to him. Remember people lived in those days that stood upright. It made Christians then to be cautious of their acts n deeds unlike now cos of His grace no wonder the bible said "shall we dwell in sin that grace may abound"

No one was ever unjustly punished Have you read the old testament well there were a lot of places he told the Israelites to attack cities and kill the men, take the women and children as their own just cos they dont worship him Didn't it occur to you that those pple didnt even know about him and what he should have told the Israelites to do was evangelise to them and not kill them Look at Esau and Jacob, he hated Esau even before Esau was born for no good reason. Jacob was blessed even though he deceived his father and Esau was cursed even though he did nothing wrong those that sound right to you
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
HomoSapiien:

The fool didn't ask any reasonable question, all I see is Rantings. Religion has totally eaten up your brain.

It is your father you are talking to, useless animal.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by uzolexis(f): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
waice6571:

Obviously my post is directed to all the haters of GOD their maker. They tend to ignorantly blame God at any slight appearace of evil.
Tell them..... Let them know it.....
God is love. God is life. But if they continue in thier stiffneckedness they will have the same end alongside the devil himself.
Thats the bitter truth. Good day.

And what is that end if I may ask?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jstriker442(m): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
Please get your facts right and stop deceiving people
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jstriker442(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
STOP READING THE BIBLE LIKE A TEXT BOOK OR A NOVEL!
The Bible is understood by revelation and not by education or literal meanings! You must catch the revelation by the light which JESUS CHRIST brought in the new testament before you will understand the old testament.Many in error will say the old testament is condemed! If you read the book of LEVITICUS11 you will discover that almost every meat is forbiden! that's literal understanding! but the 'eat' there is not the eating of food but means behavior! e.g don't behave like a pig! SO LET'S SEEK REVELATION. check my previous comment to know the issue on ground.
Buh d Israelites ddnt eat pig nau...... please read your bible well, dnt jst say wat u tink
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
jstriker442:
Please get your facts right and stop deceiving people

How dpes asking a question deceive people?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by pongwa(m): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

your proof shows abortion is a curse so anybody that does it is already cursed......choice is yours
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
ogaprime:

Madam op, if you want to quote bible passage, quote from KJV and other acknowledged translation and not NIV. Thank you....

In the picture I uploaded, there were five translations including KJV.
The original Bible was written in Hebrew, so whether you read KJV or NIV. They were all translated by men. Please read up on the history of King James version Bible
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
pongwa:
your proof shows abortion is a curse so anybody that does it is already cursed......choice is yours

That's not my question ooh. Does the Bible support abortion (Yes/no).
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ahckmedkosy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
uzolexis:

No one was ever unjustly punished Have you read the old testament well there were a lot of places he told the Israelites to attack cities and kill the men, take the women and children as their own just cos they dont worship him Didn't it occur to you that those pple didnt even know about him and what he should have told the Israelites to do was evangelise to them and not kill them Look at Esau and Jacob, he hated Esau even before Esau was born for no good reason. Jacob was blessed even though he deceived his father and Esau was cursed even though he did nothing wrong those that sound right to you

God is all knowing. Mind u He knows those that will make heaven n those that won't even before they are born. Esau did something wrong. He sold his birth right remember. Jacob was favoured cos God already knew that He will be the lineage tru which Salvation (Jesus) was going to come to mankind.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by mjconcept(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Anybody still following that obsolete book called Bible should be referred to the psychiatrist as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jstriker442(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

How dpes asking a question deceive people?
that was'nt constructed like a question though. Jst read the whole of chap. 5 and u'd find der is a reason for that. Ts a curse for a suspected unfaithful wife. The bible doesn't support killing of any kind (innocent)
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by fatoyinbo7(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
The same God they served in old testament is the same in new testament. The main diff is that, those in old testament were under law, while we are in dispensation of grace through Christ.. Morally, abortion is v.bad. During our forefathers, they never supported abortion neither extramarital nor premarital sex..
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by mjconcept(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

God is all knowing. Mind u He knows those that will make heaven n those that won't even before they are born. Esau did something wrong. He sold his birth right remember. Jacob was favoured cos God already knew that He will be the lineage tru which Salvation (Jesus) was going to come to mankind.
Your barbaric all knowing god knew that Lucifer will betray him yet he created him to cause the fall of man right?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
jstriker442:
that was'nt constructed like a question though. Jst read the whole of chap. 5 and u'd find der is a reason for that. Ts a curse for a suspected unfaithful wife. The bible doesn't support killing of any kind (innocent)

What is the title of my post?
I read a passage that seemed weird and I asked a question.

Is it wrong to ask questions in Christianity?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by pongwa(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

That's not my question ooh. Does the Bible support abortion (Yes/no).
I did not see abortion in that passage u put up but something close like 'miscarriage' induce by a certain water. its left to you to link them together.

if you are a child of God and you have a personal relationship with Him. why dont you ask Him yourself instead of confusing people here. we want solution not complications
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
pongwa:
I did not see abortion in that passage u put up but something close like 'miscarriage' induce by a certain water. its left to you to link them together.

if you are a child of God and you have a personal relationship with Him. why dont you ask Him yourself instead of confusing people here. we want solution not complications

If i take a pill that causes miscarriage, is it abortion?
Induced miscarriage is abortion.
Why are you guys denying it.
I opened this thread asking a simple question, yet no coherent answer.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jstriker442(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

he already knows who will make heaven

''There is joy in heaven over 1 repented sinner'' hw'd u rejoice over wat u know. What is your purpose on earth ?? Why ddnt God just pick those to heaven already.

My friend, there is a lot we cant decipher
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by pongwa(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
mjconcept:
Anybody still following that obsolete book called Bible should be referred to the psychiatrist as soon as possible.
can you recommend one other book as powerful and inspiring as the Bible?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by pongwa(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

If i take a pill that causes miscarriage, is it abortion?
Induced miscarriage is abortion.
Why are you guys denying it.
I opened this thread asking a simple question, yet no coherent answer.
is the 'pill' from a priest?

as far as I'm concerned abortion is murder
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
pongwa:

[size=15pt]is the 'pill' from a priest?[/size]

Mods, please close thread, As long as a priest induces abortion, It is not a big deal.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
pongwa:

The Quran!
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jstriker442(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

What is the title of my post?
I read a passage that seemed weird and I asked a question.

Is it wrong to ask questions in Christianity?
i corrected my self and made my point, and i suggest u do the same. Seems u nt a xtian. My dear read ur bible well (yet again)
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by pongwa(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

Mods, please close thread, As long as a priest induces abortion, It is not a big deal.
so you are muslim and you are also quoting the Bible to counter it......now I know where you are comin from
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jstriker442(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
pongwa:
is the 'pill' from a priest?

my friend, nobdy induced abortion. Jst read numbers chapter 5 all through. Note: We live among wolves, shredders of d word
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by HomoSapiien: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sugarhugs:

It is your father you are talking to, useless animal.
Typical religiotard fvcktard... You should face me and not my father.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by pongwa(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

The Quran!
allow the young man answer please.....but response is noted tho
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by mjconcept(m): 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
pongwa:
Can you point any powerful and inspiring thing about that book?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man's Hands Covered By Bees After He Stole A Car From The Owner (Video, Photo) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Video Of The "Flying Bird That Turned Into A Woman In Port Harcourt"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.