Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,089 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! (13440 Views)

Twitter War Between Igbo And Yoruba Over Who Has The Most Beautiful Women (pics) / Lesson i Learnt Today About Girls And Their Way Of Life / Is This True Of Yoruba Men? Some Funny Memes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 07, 2015
orogodoganyin:

nice joke.

i'm yoruba bt i know nothern girls are the finest. fulanis esp.
Well, I really can't say cuz I don't know many fulani baes.............
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by safarigirl(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
SirWere:
Look let's be honest here eh? Most Delta girls are freaking pretty...... Also, most AVERAGE yoruba girls actually have good attitude. Yes, they may look at you like you're from Mars when you first approach them but when you get to know them, you will realize they actually gat good attitude. As for the hausa girls, let's not lie, the AVERAGE one is not really fine
hahahahahaha. Most Delta girls are pretty and lousy Yoruba girls have good attitude? Bros, you're lying to yourself. My school is filled with Yoruba girls, nasty, lousy, gossiping, backstabbing, instigating, manipulative Yoruba girls commonly referred to as "Those ones...", the Yoruba girls who don't belong to that crew, prefer not to be associated with that majority. And the Delta girls I see in Delta look more like Estelle than Beyonce. It's hard to spot an Hausa girl, cuz most Northerners aren't actually Hausa, so if we're using what most Nigerians term 'Hausa', then you're wrong, cuz I school in the North and ugly girls are rare here, so I no know which truth you dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Funjosh(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
safarigirl:
hahahahahaha. Most Delta girls are pretty and lousy Yoruba girls have good attitude? Bros, you're lying to yourself. My school is filled with Yoruba girls, nasty, lousy, gossiping, backstabbing, instigating, manipulative Yoruba girls commonly referred to as "Those ones...", the Yoruba girls who don't belong to that crew, prefer not to be associated with that majority. And the Delta girls I see in Delta look more like Estelle than Beyonce. It's hard to spot an Hausa girl, cuz most Northerners aren't actually Hausa, so if we're using what most Nigerians term 'Hausa', then you're wrong, cuz I school in the North and ugly girls are rare here, so I no know which truth you dey talk.

Those atributes u listed above, I don't see it as Yoruba girls only. That is female folks general

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by safarigirl(f): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Funjosh:

Those atributes u listed above, I don't see it as Yoruba girls only. That is female folks general
it's dominant with them
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by V0lv0(f): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
nwanlecha:
Let me correct you there. We are not from the same country. Nigeria is not a nation. It is made up of different nations, who were forced by Britain into one. I am an Igbo lady and that makes me a Biafran. My sole interest lies in ensuring the progress of Biafra and not nigeria.
Secondly, I don't think that the fact that we Ndi Igbo prefer to marry among ourselves makes us unpolished or unexposed. It's called gene pool preservation. Even if we marry outside, it will be preferable for us to practice selective mating with people who are known achievers like us. Mind you, I am not trying to pontificate here okay. It's just important that we maintain or better still, increase our edge over others. That's all.

Same thing applies to Ghana as well but still we manage to see each other as one. Anyways like someone said, since I am not Nigerian I won't understand

4 Likes

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
nwanlecha:
Let me correct you there. We are not from the same country. Nigeria is not a nation. It is made up of different nations, who were forced by Britain into one. I am an Igbo lady and that makes me a Biafran. My sole interest lies in ensuring the progress of Biafra and not nigeria.
Secondly, I don't think that the fact that we Ndi Igbo prefer to marry among ourselves makes us unpolished or unexposed. It's called gene pool preservation. Even if we marry outside, it will be preferable for us to practice selective mating with people who are known achievers like us. Mind you, I am not trying to pontificate here okay. It's just important that we maintain or better still, increase our edge over others. That's all.

Madam, ur statement is out of place. So, other Nigerians r not achievers except ur igbo ppl? so what has it helped u ppl to achieve in Nigeria more than all the others?
Hearing from someone like u, it is obvious that u grew up in one community in the south-east. Cos a delta or Rivers igbo person plus igbos who grew up in the north will never talk discriminatingly like u.
U ppl should keep on maintaining ur 'pure royal achieving' igbo bloodline u hear? cos we the others dont even want to mix with u, especially ur kinds of myopic tribalist uncultured south-east igbo born peeps. Afterall we can see that maintaing ur pure achieving bloodlines has helped u people make Aba n Onitsha more developed than Lagos, Kaduna, Port harcourt, kano, Jos e.t.c, nonsense.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
I mean like women, well any heterosexuall guy does. But it's annoying when Yoruba guys try and get with women from different tribes. I notice they do that the most out of all the Nigerian men. Stay with your big nyash Yoruba women.

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

It also confuses the kids ..when a father is from ijaw the mother is from Benin when you ask the kids where are you from ..she says my mum is Benin dad ijaw

You see the confusion and it also makes the kids a bit impure genetically

The only inter tribal I suggest is urhobo + isoko. Benin + ishan. Igbo+ ukwuani or ekpeye,ikwerre. Efik + ananng or Ibibio

Igala + idoma. Yoruba + itshekiri or Benin or ijebu or utsen

..others your on your own

Even though I disagree with you on a lot of things, I agree with you here. I feel that intertribal marriages are messed up. If I have kids, I want them to have a clear identity of what they are. With intertribal/interethnic marriages, the children are mixed up with no clear identity and they live a life of confusion. Intertribal unions hurt smaller groups more because it will cut down on their even smaller numbers.

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by onila(f): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=aim5 post=38767308]I mean like women, well any heterosexuall guy does. But it's annoying when Yoruba guys try and get with women from different tribes. I notice they do that the most out of all the Nigerian men. [b]Stay with your big nyash Yoruba women.[/[/b]quote]

Edo guys like Yoruba women too
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=onila post=38769066][/quote]

Which Edo guys are you hanging around with most Edo guys either date within Edo State or marry foreigners. All or nothing type thing. And hahah Yoruba girls only have yansh that's it. Maybe some Benin guys like them IDK.

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 08, 2015
I can never see those who committed genocide against my people as one with me. The difference between us is as light and day. One Nigeria is a scam. You definitely wouldn't understand, so don't even try to.
To the others who quoted me, your comments were seen but they are just not worth a response from me.

V0lv0:
Same thing applies to Ghana as well but still we manage to see each other as one. Anyways like someone said, since I am not Nigerian I won't understand
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by tonychristopher: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2015
aim5:

Even though I disagree with you on a lot of things, I agree with you here. I feel that intertribal marriages are messed up. If I have kids, I want them to have a clear identity of what they are. With intertribal/interethnic marriages, the children are mixed up with no clear identity and they live a life of confusion. Intertribal unions hurt smaller groups more because it will cut down on their even smaller numbers.

That's what I am saying and in extension killing the norms that is left ..then the worst thing is confusing the group and kids

When you see a child that has an Igbo father and a Yoruba mother ask that child where he is from...he will answer you that my father is an Igbo and mum a Yoruba ..without having a clear identity and this makes him butt if jokes and I won't like to see a kid that is derided because of this
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by tonychristopher: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2015
nwanlecha:
I can never see those who committed genocide against my people as one with me. The difference between us is as light and day. One Nigeria is a scam. You definitely wouldn't understand, so don't even try to.
To the others who quoted me, your comments were seen but they are just not worth a response from me.

Ada Igbo malu mma .....nwanyi di egwu..enebe ukwu egbuo enyi...enebe ikpu ede cheque ...kedu ije ?
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by tonychristopher: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2015
nwanlecha:

What you said is just the damn true though it is bitter but you spoke well and I concur with your submission totally
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by tonychristopher: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2015
V0lv0:

Yeah I know Ghana well but the only thing is that Ghana are smaller can you imagine Igbo population is about 40milliob globally they can be seen from all corner of the world
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by toby2(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2015
from the igbo peeps.... I as a yoruba guy v always fancied the igbo peeps, and also would have loved to settle down with one of them... I have more igbo friends than yorubas, and even jokingly claim to have an igbo blood... Cos i am a business oriented person and i value their business acume.... I guess i need to start seeing u guys from another light judging from the major igbo comments above. But first i need to correct some notions about all tribes in Nigeria. First every tribe has their strengths and weaknesses due to what the world provide for them, parenting, and so on. But if everyone wants to be conservative, we ld have more reasons to war against one another than to make peace. An average yoruba woman would rather insult than fight, an average yoruba guy would be called a coward than wrestle unlike some other tribe. Am not judging here, but i think we are products of our environment... My phone is a small phone...

4 Likes

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by toby2(m): 9:28am On Oct 08, 2015
contd....
Usually i think what should be asked is Are u a Nigerian, rather than what tribe are u should be the question. Someone mentioning genocide of biafran... What of the many peeps that were killed in the north? If we dont let go of the past, i guess our future then will be doomed, i have friends from most part of Nigeria safe the North, cos u hardly see them mix... Hence the south will always have probs with the major north. I met an igbo lady sometimes, and she told me their entire family hate yorubas... Why they all hate yorubas is still a mystery to me... If every tribe maintains their lane, what do u think will happen to all the northern security guards we have in our houses, have u thought about the fun of learning another language, the joy of arguing with another tribe and still accepting tribal/individual differences? How bout having the choice of the spice that variety brings....

5 Likes

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by toby2(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2015
... If u cant work on ur self, and learn to accept others for who they are... Rather than you all hating on yoruba peeps, i think you all can go spoon urselves... A yoruba person is hospitable, accomodating and caring regardless of what u think... Ask why we have so many of other tribes in all yoruba states, yet you hardly hear of tribal wars, and we have so few yorubas in major other tribes? Cos they would rather go abroad where there is peace rather than stick with a fellow hating Nigerian. And we are also very disciplined.

4 Likes

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

Another Nigerian girl who deep down wants an Asian man or a White man. No one is stopping you, go ahead. Us Nigerian men who love preserving our cultures will continue marrying our own women.

It's very shameful when I see these Nigerian women with head full of fake hair and a whiteman...I just act like I don't even exist. It's so disgraceful and embarrassing...I can live with a Yoruba and Igbo union but a freaking white man ? Ffuck that!

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

Not too sure if it's love honestly or pure naivete.....

I think there is some self-hatred and media brainwashing involved honestly from time to time. You will be surprised.

When I schooled in the U.S. I knew a guy whom was half Fulani and half Mande. He has a white girl and he was always speaking ill and negatively about black women. So I did sense a bit of self-hatred on his part.

Is he from Guinea? Because I know one that was so thirsty and desperate for a white woman be ended up with a funny looking Mexican...lol
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Afam4eva(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
This thread is saddled with untold ignorance. The inter tribal trend has always been Yoruba guys marrying non Yoruba women mostly from other parts of southern Nigeria. However the number of Yoruba man/woman marriage is still obviously astronomically high but when compared to other Nigerian men, they are more open to inter tribal marriage in my opinion and Igbo women and South south women are also more open to inter tribal marriage than their men for example. The least desired women seem to be the Yoruba girls for reasons that i can't pinpoint at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Afam4eva(m): 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
SpicyJosBabe:
We from minority Nigerian groups on the average are not really tribally selective when it comes to marriage

I am from the middlebelt, Jos precisely.
My 2 elder sisters, one is married to Igbo and the other yoruba, but i dont think i myself can risk marrying a Southerner, i rather stick with my fellow Middlebelt n Northern christian guys.

Yoruba men on the average easily marry outside their tribe than Igbo men, only igbo men who grow up outside igbo land find it easy to marry from other tribes.

Yoruba guys are better of as boyfriends from what i observed because they are very sociable, fun to be with and party loving but quite Promiscuos, flirty and not faithful compared to Igbo guys who will probably treat a lady better with more respect and faithfulness, but will tie u down, want to posses and dominate your whole life and also with a terrible temper.
Have never dated a hausa guy because of religious differences.
+100 for this comment. it was succint. The truth is that ladies from the facebook generation will rather marry a Yoruba guy because they are guaranteed more freedom in marriage compared to marrying an Igbo guy. However there are other negative perks that come with marrying someone who is that open minded. So, at the end of the day it's about deciding what is most important.
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by SSpeter(m): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
V0lv0:

But this was happening before even boko haram started. I guess Nigerians are just Tribalistic in nature. That's why I guess I understand why you folks hate on other nationalities like Ghana, SA, Kenya. Everyone feels they are better than the next person and it cuts across tribes too
I smell u re a Ghanaian, hey when you talk about Nigerians you ought to be a more respectful. You talk as if life in Ghana is better of. When Nigerians discuss in a forum like this Ghanaians et al are supposed to be observing not commenting...you need to get skooled first by ur big brothers else.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Fulaman198(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

It's very shameful when I see these Nigerian women with head full of fake hair and a whiteman...I just act like I don't even exist. It's so disgraceful and embarrassing...I can live with a Yoruba and Igbo union but a freaking white man ? Ffuck that!

Yeah I'd rather see a Nigerian union all together than Nigerians selling out to a completely different culture.

It seems as if these women have some severe self-esteem issues and only go by what Western media tells them.

In conclusion, you don't want a woman who's mind has been so warped and damaged by the media. You deserve better man.
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Fulaman198(m): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Is he from Guinea? Because I know one that was so thirsty and desperate for a white woman be ended up with a funny looking Mexican...lol

Yeah loll not sure how he is doing now as I am back in Nigeria.
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
JiggamanGh:

This's the truth. When I meet a fellow Ghanaian. The only introduction we say is ete sen. To be honest I knew lots of ewe but didn't know they were ewe till I heard them speak a language I did not understand. I can honestly say Ghana take precedent over tribe.

I think one thing that we have that keeps us together as Ghanaian is the ability to speak one language no matter the tribe even if you can't speak it you will still be able to understand. Though Ghanaians are very religious, there's no regious hatred. Ghana is the only nation where Christians and Muslims both celebrate Ramadan and Christmas. Ramadan is as big as Christmas. Our country is very unique in that aspect when it compares with other African countries.

We oblivious to tribes that most Ghanaians just assume that you are Akan.
The greeting "ete sen" is of which Ghanian tribe? I assume it belongs to the majority tribe. Here in Nigeria, there 3 majority tribes with over 30 million people each nd minority tribes that are over 1 million in population, so you're right, Nigeria is different from Ghana. We are very diverse and that has been our strength. That we drop our language to pick someonelse's does not make us united.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Fulaman198(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
Funjosh:

grin
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by phazotron(m): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
toby2:
contd....
Usually i think what should be asked is Are u a Nigerian, rather than what tribe are u should be the question. Someone mentioning genocide of biafran... What of the many peeps that were killed in the north? If we dont let go of the past, i guess our future then will be doomed, i have friends from most part of Nigeria safe the North, cos u hardly see them mix... Hence the south will always have probs with the major north. I met an igbo lady sometimes, and she told me their entire family hate yorubas... Why they all hate yorubas is still a mystery to me... If every tribe maintains their lane, what do u think will happen to all the northern security guards we have in our houses, have u thought about the fun of learning another language, the joy of arguing with another tribe and still accepting tribal/individual differences? How bout having the choice of the spice that variety brings....

I dont understand ur fixation with the pple east of the Niger. They have made it abundantly clear that u and yorubas in general aren't loved by. ThemBut u know the best part? I and several others don't give 2 shits about that and i and several others are certainly not interested in marrying ibo gals so as spicy jos babe said , keep the bloodline to ur selves. The op is super right about us and minority babes right now im tripping for a pretty church member form cross river. For me, if i choose to go outside. My tribe for marriage its definitely either middle belt or niger delta. Ibo girls? Not even on the list!
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by V0lv0(f): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
SSpeter:
I smell u re a Ghanaian, hey when you talk about Nigerians you ought to be a more respectful. You talk as if life in Ghana is better of. When Nigerians discuss in a forum like this Ghanaians et al are supposed to be observing not commenting...you need to get skooled first by ur big brothers else.... lipsrsealed

And so? What are you going to do about it? All these Internet warriors grin

2 Likes

Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
phazotron:

I dont understand ur fixation with the pple east of the Niger. They have made it abundantly clear that u and yorubas in general aren't loved by. ThemBut u know the best part? I and several others don't give 2 shits about that and i and several others are certainly not interested in marrying ibo gals so as spicy jos babe said , keep the bloodline to ur selves. The op is super right about us and minority babes right now im tripping for a pretty church member form cross river. For me, if i choose to go outside. My tribe for marriage its definitely either middle belt or niger delta. Ibo girls? Not even on the list!

What about your Yoruba girls?
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by onila(f): 12:15am On Oct 09, 2015
aim5:

Which Edo guys are you hanging around with most Edo guys either date within Edo State or marry foreigners. All or nothing type thing. And hahah Yoruba girls only have yansh that's it. Maybe some Benin guys like them IDK.
edo guys find their edo women stubborn and rude
Re: Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! by SSpeter(m): 12:33am On Oct 09, 2015
V0lv0:

And so? What are you going to do about it? All these Internet warriors grin
...hmmmmn...hmmmmmn...this is not about charrrrrliiiieeeee, kwwwaahhme and kweesiii...this is not about puff puff nd cobblers...we talking Nigeria...babe no do anyhow...so that u no go see anyhow...just observe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ Boobs & Ass Alert : You Wont Believe This Sexy Woman Is 39 Years Old / Can You Catch A Grenade For Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.