Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (40841 Views)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by raayah(f): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
tolustx:
which other countries have you worked to come to dis conclusion?
You seem to be an arrogant brat and that's what got you fired. You should have learnt now that ur political/religious sentiments should remain personal to you and not try to enforce your beliefs on pple.

The man pys you from his sweat and he's telling you that money is not flowing in. With tht, you should have been sensitive enough to hide ur sentiments the man is agonizing already and you come to add salt to his injury. So, he responded to d pain and fired you.

Try not to insult me cos u brought d issue to dis forum on ur own volition, wanting to know what pple feel abt it and that's what I feel. So no offense to you.

BTW, it is too early to say whether you regret your action or not. Wait some more weeks nd come tell us ur experience by then. I pray that you come bck with a testimony tho.

Exactly, OP is an arrogant Prick!
He needs to learn basic communication skills.
He will regret his actions. He has even listed the employer companies on a very public forum (A stupid move!)

We all have our personal opinions and beliefs but save them for the beer parlour and Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by godoluwa(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
emmanuel596:

Next time be careful how u quote people one day u will quote ur father

Sorry did I said ur father! Sorry I forgot he is a konk illiterate am not sure he can us nl

Get lost
hmmm, that shows your father is an INCORRIGGIBLE LUNATIC
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by WailingWailer00(m): 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op, you are a big fool
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....

Who does this? You are really an adult child.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by tolustx(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
raayah:

Exactly, OP is an arrogant Prick!
He needs to learn basic communication skills.
He will regret his actions. He has even listed the employer companies on a very public forum (A stupid move!)

We all have our personal opinions and beliefs but save them for the beer parlour and Nairaland!

U jst hit the nail on the head there. Some pple think they know so much but it's a pity we get to know that they know absolutely nothing. This is a case of a loser feeling himself and rejoicing in his stupidity.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by j4sure(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Congrats ooooooooooooooo
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by olutunde12(m): 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
The Op is a disgrace to yoruba race and the university he attended (if any).
A bigot political idiot.
Brethren, when I was processing the job that now got me out of Nigeria( for the first time in my life), The person who assisted me to get the job is a dyed-hard buharist. The first time i argued with him, i saw that he got angry, that was also the last time i tried the rubbish!
Politics vs your life!
You go learn!

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by flokii: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
that's why I dnt discuss politics or fellow staffs at work...

dat is d number one ethics at work

@OP sorry... this shld serve as a lesson
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by gmoni2(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
you don't discuss politics at work, bro.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by ochestraone(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
dear u dont need to feel any bad ok, i urge u to join this online job and u will never regret it.the world has gone digital, everything is done online , if u are still dulling u have no one to blame ,join the best online job and make money for ur self. stop waiting for a job, create one for ur
self,with just a click you can change ur life,goodluck
http://PayRefe.com/?ref=98400
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Kingspin(m): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

What has the previous govt cost us differently other than what we all knows as Nigerian problems since independent. Stop exaggerating and lyin like El-Rufai just to get power. All administration,including ur Buhari has stolen. And ur boss i believe has other reasons he booted you.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by adepiero: 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Be wise enough to know when to talk next time angry

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Truckpusher(m): 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
You played politics with your job? Hungry never catch you sha. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by bloodkiIler: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
MrEmeritus1:

Ediot Micheal Mba

Ikpu nne i cheesy
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by vickylala239: 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

Lwkmd!!!

which president did u support?

is this how to support a president?

lol,Lwkmd lmao!!!!

u Dnt Evn knw Wat u r sayin.

U Hv issues wit ur boss And he sack u n ur sayin u support the president.

Do u Evn knw the meaning of support?
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by damiloladuke: 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by bloodkiIler: 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
MrEmeritus1:

Mba Micheal, Iya e ma foju sukun e grin grin
Tinka tigbuo nna i tongue
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by lozairio(m): 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:

You did ok Abraham lincoln said Be sure you put your foot in the right place,then stand firm
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by bloodkiIler: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
MrEmeritus1:

Mba Micheal, Oma fowo e pa iya e shocked shocked shocked
tongue
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by bloodkiIler: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
MrEmeritus1:

Mba Micheal, Oma fowo e pa iya e shocked shocked shocked

grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by chukwudi01: 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
You're an idiot. When you're at work, always avoid talking about RAPE (Religion, Abortion, Politics, and Economics).

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by spellingcheck(m): 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
tunde1200:
If Buhari succeded in all his plans surely me and you no need to bother about having job or not at all.
Which I know he will!.

Op I don't think he meant to fired you is joking!.

Is that how they fire just because of arguments abi some other things transpared between 2 of you?.

If he try that just get a good SAN.
You don hammer be that oo.

YO he can be fired any day any time, even here in canada, your boss can wake up and just fire you. It is legal
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
had it been you kept your opinion to yourself, smile and make light comments towards the conversation , you would have retained your position. not every one is a fan of PMB and equally not every one is a fan of GEJ .
if you so want to talk politics, go to a bar you'd always find audience, sit over bottles of beer , raise your voice the way you like , oppose or propose . after that, go home quietly, don't take it personal.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by M4gunners: 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Advice for you, look for sugar mummy gehn.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by pinkygee1: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
both of u Lack wisdom.which is principal thing.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
Acidosis:
Your boss is kind.

If I were your boss, I'd hire the services of bouncers to mercilessly deal with you before sending you home.

You conducted a very s!lly, unethical and bias survey, and you think you can force your useless findings down the throat of your boss?

Do you know what it means to conduct a survey? What methodology and sampling did you use? what was your population size and who were your targets? co-zombies or sensible Nigerians? What approach did you use in collecting your data?

How can you run such a survey covering the whole country at N500,000? No responsible policy maker will listen to such finding.

You're not a Researcher, Sir but an illiterate. If you're conversant with over 1million articles & political science theses out there, you'd realize Researchers do not generalize results. Even PhD Students won't make such reckless argument.

Kindly go back to school to learn the rudiments of survey, research and statistics.

take it easy on him broh...
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by cecegorz(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
HAHAHAHAAAAAA
This is naivety of the highest order!

For all the neophytes out there, there are three things you must NEVER argue with your boss, no matter how strongly you feel about the topic ;
1. Club football if you support opposing clubs
2. Politics, if you are not aligned
3. Religion, if you are on the opposite ends
People are too passionate about these issues that some times their rationality takes flight during arguments on them.
Just nod your head at his own opinion and leave the matter, else YOU ARE FIRED!

P.S. I don't need to tell you about staying clear from any lady he has interest in, that one will likely land you in a hospital.

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by delishpot: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
You lack wisdom OP. You do not argue sensitive issues with your boss if you guys are not on the same lane. Next time be wise and shut up about such isues until you are asked to d3fend or denounce and when you see that your stance is going to cause problems bow ouy gracefuly and say.......Lets just watch and pray for things to get better sir/Ma and leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Mordyb: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
The op is clueless and unbelievably a mumu that cant concoct a good story
the free internet the mumu went to enjoy where the brainchild of GEJ ministers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Trixy The Photographer Who Took Pictures Of The Dancing Traffic Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.