Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (40843 Views)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Lincoln275(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Go and start something with dt 500k nah

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by ezekielplenty(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
YOU GO SOON LOOSE YOUR LIFE MUMU
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by sexysil: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
next time u should learn how to keep your personal reason to ur self nd not to bring it the office and start arguing wit ur boss.........................go back to sir buhari nd let him employ u. u never see poverty
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Reference(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
They mix governance with politics, security with politics, the economy with politics. Your boss is mixing his business with politics and you follow into the mud pit mixing your job with politics. Just like our ignorant politicians cannot draw the line so you silly fellow cannot. Let us see how your beloved government will lift you out of your misery. I think they got you the job in the first place abi.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by metorichmond(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Foolishness at it peak.... what as ur job gat to do with ur love for Buhari to the extent of arguing with ur boss. u deserve a resounding slap walahi. U need serious orientation of jobs and office etiquette.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by dotune(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lol I found ur story somehow amusing.
No plenty regret sha since the boss doesn't t even pay u salary.
The only advice I give u is that u should build on ur skills that u have acquired in that survey work and spread the word that u could handle surveys of different kind. From there u can be a consultant.
Before u finish spending ur share of 500k, get a very good statician and learn how to use different statistical tools like Spss, stata, Epi info and so on. That alone can fetch u good job with kpmg and pwc.
Ur oga dey para ooo lol.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Imaeyez(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
I smell LIES. #sweeerve

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by moshino(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
SkyBlue1:

In Nigeria. Add that at the end, 'the boss is always correct, in Nigeria'. In other parts of the world and in good private sector companies you are hired for your brain, not to be a "yes man". In Nigeria where workers have no rights it is different.

Which other parts of the world are you ok to argue with your boss?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
The man knew how much is business was making and he said it has depreciated, as over sabi wey u be u tell him Buhari is doing well? Who doesn't know his government is a mess?
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
You be fool shaaa...don't tell anybody I said so
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by donem: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
braine:
You shouldn't have argued with your boss like that. You sounded arrogant. Learn to keep your personal beliefs out of workplace. I really don't feel sorry for you.
respect uv'e said it all, what can he state now as his achievement for arguing with his boss and loosing his work as a result?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nellybank(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
U dey find another P.A work from Buhari? P.A on lie lie matters

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....[/quote]
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by freshcvvs: 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
psucc:
Your hypothesis is rather biased. That a father died without a thatch house does not warrant the child to live in a market square.

Buhari knew he was matured to handle the affairs of this country but fails. He lacks the ideas.

He should by now have fine tuned his government and set the machine of governance in motion.

Failed a 4 years course by what rate? 4 months is being used to judge him?
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by brownlolly(m): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
Silence is golden.

You should have kept shut.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by victree007(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sorry bro but u didn't lose your job because of ur love for Buhari, rather u lost it cos u lacked professionalism. Like u rightly said u were your ex boss' Personal Assistant, u failed to realize he was ur boss and not ur father and d position of a P.A is a Yes Sir/No Sir kind. He didn't need ur opinion on those things not related to ur job. He complained about how his business was coming down cos of Buhari's policies and u just had to tell him d same man he was blaming for downfall wasn't his problems not once not twice. Pls try n learn from this n be more professional next time.
Your boss plays with u doesn't give room for " u talk I reply". #BE-PROFESSIONAL bro
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
As u take hustle to get ur first job don't relent. Igboro is not smiling, and responsibilities are piling up. So wake up
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ohhh! How I miss My President GEJ.
what wrong have you committed O compatriots...

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by hardbody: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

You were wrong. In your job you should be apolitical or at best you read and follow the tone at the top. You either align with ur boss on political economics or u just shut up. He is the one bleeding cash and should know where it hurts most. You dont add salt to his injury. His idea is that since u believe so much in buhari, go get employed by him. Is he wrong?

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by SmartMugu: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
From my experience working in corporate environments, people play mind-games with one another. Sometimes u have to play along with ur boss. Many bosses are dumb, but they still prefer to be looked up to by employees . Next time, play along after learning ur boss' body language first.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by danny34(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:

Yes, you are not wrong to support the president. Don't wail, instead forge ahead. Seek unpaid internship with anyone international NGO near you. Become a volunteer in any of those NGO. Having successfully conducted a nationwide survey and a trained economics, you are adequately qualified to work as a monitoring and evaluation specialist. Every experience gathered now counts.

From the proceed of that survey you did, start your masters, take interest in development studies, you can run this program while still being a volunteer and doing programs for them, you will be paid but on per program basis. By the time you are done with Msc, believe me you will International NGO'S job waiting for you. My one kobo

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Cocolatti(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
THE TWO(2) RULES OF WORK: Rule 1= The boss is always right. Rule 2= When the boss is wrong refer to rule 1. Shikenan

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by MasterWayne(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Imanuelle:

Hire a SAN?

Chai, you're a kid I'm sure.

OP doesn't even have a letter of appointment, OP was just his 'boy' at the office.

You don't know nothing angry
no mind the f00l, san ko santa claus ni grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by ceeyucee: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Your survey covered 5 geopolical zones and you started and concluded it in 2months with just 4people?

You achieved this fit while keeping up with the responsibilities of ur job?

Only Lie Mohamed and Sahara Reporters can be farther from the truth.

Pls don't blame ur poor performances @ oral interviews on your Yoruba dialect. Wonder how u scaled through the written stages of ur interviews.

This trash you posted here has betrayed ur BSc

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by layinks60: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Another 21st century mumu am seeing.. Why do you have to emphasis what your boss doesn't like till the point that you got fired.. You should be called "John".

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by dancoolD(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
By now you should that it is bad to argue with ones boss, any experience is the best teacher. I blame your action winkwinkwink
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by chekasforchekas: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
menix:
Yes u re wrong..
Because u collected a contract of 500k(in ur dreams with ur gbagun english) u think u can interrupt ur Boss while he speaks..

Biko biko e speak quana(in Nsukka accent)

OP.. don't worry 'Buhali' will make u his PA in Vahalla..
ruggedly caping.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
SkyBlue1:

In Nigeria. Add that at the end, 'the boss is always correct, in Nigeria'. In other parts of the world and in good private sector companies you are hired for your brain, not to be a "yes man". In Nigeria where workers have no rights it is different.

Right to argue with your boss on something that suddenly changed his fortunes, shows you don't know a thing about owning a business. That man doesn't care about Buhari any less than he cares about Jonathan, he cares about his damn profit margin and here you are telling him about "Messiah", if you can't learn from his misgiving, please try it in your own workplace.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
I didn't want to join the queue of those telling you how much you f*kd up, I assume you already have your plate full, the nationwide survey you added to the story had nothing to do with your being fired so I assume that's your resume for the next job you're expecting from APC or whomever?
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Ayodee2(m): 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op. I think you are right. Your boss doesn't deserve a person like u. D major reason why people get education is to be able to raise their head in d crowd, you just did that. The assertion dt d boss is always right is not always correct. Microsoft is what it is today because Bill Gate never employed dullard. He employed d best. Those that wl challenge him, stand up to him and do things their own way - independent. The same thing applies to Apple and other top notch blue chips company. But then we need to know d line of business ur boss engage in. If he's d kind that import tooth picks, frozen foods or into other banned products you wouldn't expect him to see good thing in d government. It wouldn't concerns him whether Nigeria economy grow or not so far he's making his own money. To hell wt him after all he is not even giving u monthly salary. He's not doing u any favour by employing you, rather he saw something in you that benefit him. You should be proud of yourself.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by benmike2358: 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Well I sympathize with u my frd but while waiting to get a job u can try this out to put some money in ur pocket until u get a job www.therevenuejob.com/?ref=8234

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Trixy The Photographer Who Took Pictures Of The Dancing Traffic Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.