Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (40842 Views)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by danny34(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
ceeyucee:
Your survey covered 5 geopolical zones and you started and concluded it in 2months with just 4people?

You achieved this fit while keeping up with the responsibilities of ur job?

Only Lie Mohamed and Sahara Reporters can be farther from the truth.

Pls don't blame ur poor performances @ oral interviews on your Yoruba dialect. Wonder how u scaled through the written stages of ur interviews.

This trash you posted here has betrayed ur BSc

@ceeyucee, he is not lying. This is a survey, a research and what you should have asked was his sample size, what indicators he looked for. Believe me two months was a very long time to finish it.

In april 2014, i have a key developmental need survey in Enugu state for Social and Economics right initiative (SERI). I am to visit every community and look and for just 4 tins. I did the 114 communities in less than a month and submitted.

He is doing a geographical zone, it could be 5 people per local government in each state and with a structured questionnaire and mobility a state can be done in 4 days.

This is research and the sampling technique makes it very easy or difficult. My volunteer exprience in NGO taught me that data is unrealiable cus a few individual becomes a yardstick to judge the whole population.

He is not lying....
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by jelal007(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sorry about that bro,but guess what? We live in a digital era,the president is on twitter,so are his aides garba shehu and Femi adeshina. Relay ur complaint to them on theses social networks,spread d word don't be mute. U never can tell,what'll be the outcome. Best of luck. Shame on ur boss. I guess,he was 1 of the goats that ate yam.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Stoical: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
tunde1200:
If Buhari succeded in all his plans surely me and you no need to bother about having job or not at all.
Which I know he will!.

Op I don't think he meant to fired you is joking!.

Is that how they fire just because of arguments abi some other things transpared between 2 of you?.

If he try that just get a good SAN.
You don hammer be that oo.

My brother, no b so dem de hire SAN o. There r several things dat wud make such a SAN to look for handkerchief to wipe him sweat for court room. Because, d guy didn't have a recognisable job by law...make I no talk plenty Sha...just know say, him 4 no hammer...lai lai
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by delishpot: 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
jelal007:
Sorry about that bro,but guess what? We live in a digital era,the president is on twitter,so are his aides garba shehu and Femi adeshina. Relay ur complaint to them on theses social networks,spread d word don't be mute. U never can tell,what'll be the outcome. Best of luck. Shame on ur boss. I guess,he was 1 of the goats that ate yam.

Even GMB himself would sack that guy if this shi was between them. Tell me GMB wouldnt do same if this guy had supported Jona and had told GMB that GEJ is not the problem of Naija cool Look around you and see that GMB is also sacking those that opposed him too.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by ChangedNigeria: 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
You still have that 500k from the survey right? Take about 180k from it and go buy a plot of land in Oyo or Abeokuta. Take 100k and go buy treasury bills. Take your laptop and go apply for jobs through jobberman; statistical jobs perhaps since it seems you have a passion for that. You can even apply to the United Nations, their head office is in Ikoyi. Take 50k for your upkeep until you get a job,while you save the rest of the money. Be wise.

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by chronique(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
After reading the OP's post,I came to the conclusion that He is extremely foolish and silly. A businessman upon whom your daily bread is dependent on,tells you he is losing money and instead of you to keep quiet and keep your political beliefs to yourself,you went to start arguing with him;how foolish can a person be? Now,let me tell you the truth;it is not only your boss that is complaining. Most of us doing business,share the same thoughts of your boss. Go round and do your survey and see what business owners think about the current situation on ground. Next time when you get a job,learn to use your brain.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by skare: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
You challenge your Boss,because you feel say your 6naira don complete.Too bad.Next time make ur name be yes SIRRRR

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by bigtt76(f): 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
Well in business there should be no emotions attached while serving your bosses. You were clearly emotional an political which is why you got sacked.

dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by coded06(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op you tried.telling your boss about the past administration. U supposed to go chop shit. oye ki o le je igbe
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by samscholes: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
menix:
Yes u re wrong..
Because u collected a contract of 500k(in ur dreams with ur gbagun english) u think u can interrupt ur Boss while he speaks..

Biko biko e speak quana(in Nsukka accent)

OP.. don't worry 'Buhali' will make u his PA in Vahalla..
do u know d one eye god
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by menix(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
samscholes:
do u know d one eye god

Yes I know the one eye god, the one eye! The one eye god..

Do u know the saliva mouth dripping god??
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Tex42(m): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
@OP, ur write up should pass for an open letter to Buhari telling him how u lost ur job because u supported him...

By the way, u may have been the 1% that supported Buhari in ur boss' establishment and he couldn't have given u equal treatment with those that supported GEJ...

Ps: be wary of the way u mate politics/religion with work/biz, it may land u in a big shit u won't be able to wash off even if u take ur bath in the Atlantic Ocean.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by viktor01(m): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
It really beats my imagination that some people are saying that the op stood for the truth. I mean, this is just an argument between him and his boss of which even if he had succeeded in convincing his boss, that wouldn't have changed anything.
Knowledge is good but experience has no substitute. your boss is talking experience and you are arguing knowledge.
I have just one word for you.
CONGRATS.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by jelal007(m): 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
delishpot:

Even GMB himself would sack that guy if this shi was between them. Tell me GMB wouldnt do same if this guy had supported Jona and had told GMB that GEJ is not the problem of Naija cool Look around you and see that GMB is also sacking those that opposed him too.
Who are the people GMB is sacking? Ur point lacks merit abeg. This is not jona vs PMB,its abt sm1 losing his job becos he had contrary views 2 dat of his boss.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by macaranta(m): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
No regrets and you opened a thread on NL?
Better go and apologize,let me give you an idea ...tell your boss you conducted a new research /survey that proves the former administration was right. ?
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Artnass(m): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
kaycid77:
Rules of Employment Number 1: The Boss is always correct.

If you dont know this then you are a learner.
If you have a family then you are a useless Buhari apologist.
If you think buhari will notice you and give you an employment, I am sorry for you, ask all his trekkers

I don die grin
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by vislabraye(m): 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
LeOstrich:
Hunger nefa begin blow you.

Suffering and smiling shilling post.

Is it only me but I find this useless write up from the OP a complete bullsh1t.

[size=28pt]People are not losing their jobs because of their blind support for Buhari, people are losing their jobs because of the ineptitude of the Buhari govt to set in place any meaniful and well thought of economic and fiscal policy.[/size]

And by the way, if you want to spot bullsh1t like what the OP posted you will find to many irrelevant and unrelated sentences which end up desperately trying to convince whoever is reading this crap that the author is genuine .

This is propaganda 101 for beginners.

Na ITK dey worry am. If not for his boss e for not get that 500k.
Weda Apc or Pdp, once u know ur boss is supporting an oppoosing view, tread carefully.

If someone could lose a job because his boss is a Chelsea fan, how much more politics ?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by vislabraye(m): 11:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
ChangedNigeria:
You still have that 500k from the survey right? Take about 180k from it and go buy a plot of land in Oyo or Abeokuta. Take 100k and go buy treasury bills. Take your laptop and go apply for jobs through jobberman; statistical jobs perhaps since it seems you have a passion for that. You can even apply to the United Nations, their head office is in Ikoyi. Take 50k for your upkeep until you get a job,while you save the rest of the money. Be wise.

This is a solid advice.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by curiouses: 1:12am On Oct 06, 2015
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....

You have a mail.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Generalpapiiii(m): 1:28am On Oct 06, 2015
Don't bliv ur story walai. Y'll watch out for all dese gecko accounts sharing fake news
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Missonas(f): 5:32am On Oct 06, 2015
I dont know how u think say land survey of geo political zones fit single handedly and accurately give you reasons why the socio political and economic setting of the country is crippled that u had to blame a particular administration.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 06, 2015
[size=15pt]AFTER READING EVERYTHING, I DECIDED THAT WHAT THE OP NEEDS IS 50 SOLID STROKES ON CANE IN THE MARKET SQUARE. [/size]

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by johnnynwa(m): 5:43am On Oct 06, 2015
Yea, it's quite annoying for one to loose one's job bc stupidity. Why must you engage your boss on a baseless argument. If you like PMB so much, why wouldn't you identify yourself with his campaign organization during his campaign. Again, having known that your boss is supporter of GEJ, why wouldn't you follow him to his support base. Go to people close to him & ask them to beg him on your behalf. Next time try to be wise. I wish you well!
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by aspirebig: 5:51am On Oct 06, 2015
You crossed your boundary o.

Did I see (no regrets), really? Then why complaining? Guy just say the truth, stop being proud because it won't help you.

As for the 500k, toorjue daaadaa oo.

Why arguing politics with a frustrated ONE man business owner, and he is your boss.

You would have just pacified him, pray for him,encourage him and keep your analytical prowess to yourself.

Supposing you are in a corporate environment, or in a government setting, or in a business world, where he doesn't have a direct say over you, you can do that.

Take or leave it, many people dont like PMB, even some that betrayed GEJ to vote PMB are having hard time now, they haven't see the so called "change".

See all the appointments, and the 95% 5% talk, delay in many things, many projects of GEJ have been abandoned, second Niger bridge is a very popular one.

In life, you need wisdom, you need diplomacy, you need good interpersonal and human relationship skills to survive. Universities do not teach it.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by chidol4u: 6:44am On Oct 06, 2015
If you were rude in your interruption then you deserved it. If however you politely expressed your opinion then I'll say you should keep looking and you'll find a job where you don't get fired for expressing your opinion. You write very well and can independently conduct a research. That's a skill that not too many Nigerian graduates have these days.

You shouldn't be working for someone who gives you N1000 when he feel like anyway. I have no doubt you'll find a better job. You don't sound dumb.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by delishpot: 7:01am On Oct 06, 2015
jelal007:
Who are the people GMB is sacking? Ur point lacks merit abeg. This is not jona vs PMB,its abt sm1 losing his job becos he had contrary views 2 dat of his boss.

Look around you. If you dont get my point, lets leave it at that. All I know is even GMB himself wouldnt have handled the case differently. If he had someone in his group who openly supports his opponent(even if he wasnt contesting for the office but he supports one over the other) Lets tell ourselves the truth even if its 1ce in our life time.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2015
montezz:

U nailed it!
Chidinma is that you
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 06, 2015
SkyBlue1:

In Nigeria. Add that at the end, 'the boss is always correct, in Nigeria'. In other parts of the world and in good private sector companies you are hired for your brain, not to be a "yes man". In Nigeria where workers have no rights it is different.

Brother I work in a company full of hundreds of westerners and I can tell you Its worst with a french/Italian man, the word "Oui monsieur" is the first phrase you must recite to your Boss whether he is right or wrong but you can correct him indirectly and not abruptly
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by chrisnero(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2015
Maybe,you didn't read the 48 powers of law while in school..My supervisor nearly cancelled my project because I made mention of the opposition in my state.I adjusted immediatetly,telling him I will vote for his preferred candidate..I went away and voted for my candidate.you shouldn't have argue with your boss.Everybody in Nigeria must not like Buhari..Even Jesus Christ have enemies
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by dultmax(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2015
Thanks to everyone. I appreciate the insults and the advices, especially those who call it propaganda. Now i know that even if some people see another man on their woman, they will stll call it propaganda. As per the man that asked about my survey result and how it is impossible to carry out a nationwide survey with 500k, I think you should ask me for the Topic and the sources of my data before concluding on the cost of the survey....however, the first rule given to me before accepting to conduct the survey is that it is confidential....i would have attach a copy of my gantt chart and the cost breakdown. Those who gave advice on what i should do with 500k should know the money is for the job....not profit....i paid four other guys who helped me with data collection and data coding. THANKS SO MUCH....a word is enough for the wise....
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by montezz(f): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2015
kaycid77:
Chidinma is that you
Chidioke ni lol
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Bobnotrouble: 10:06am On Oct 06, 2015
Don't worry. A better offer is coming your way.
I wish it's a blessing in disguise for you.
Perhaps your former boss was profiting from corruption proceeds.
You can see, now coruption is under arrest.
Even that job he gave u looks like a scam.
What kind of job was that?
That you'll looking forward to his handout everyday as if you're a begger?
Don't worry. Be happy. A better job shall be yours very soon.
Keep supporting the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Trixy The Photographer Who Took Pictures Of The Dancing Traffic Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.