Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership (21237 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / Umahi Bags 2016 Zik Prize For Leadership In Good Governance Award / Rivers Rerun: Governor Wike Says INEC Was Not Prepared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Owoloku1: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Awesome article..it seems all the youths want these days is to get money, waste and then look for a politician or successful member of their family to dash them more to waste

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by omolami: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
I expect the youth of Nigeria to grand governance over this statement by now.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Obrigardo: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

May God Bless Us All

have you stopped begging for protection? Now you see nothing is coming out from all your gragra
at least the one we know, omojuwa, has a job to back up his activism but you, na nairaland you dey change boxers

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Perhaps he assumes that everybody is like him. You know these 'anywhere belle face people'

Positions like Councillor, LG Chairman, State legislator and House of Representative member are based on constituencies. All you need is to reach your people. They are less 'tribalistic' in nature.
godfatherism..sharing of money nko? Tonye see eh,not until the people realise power actually belong to them and doing ranka dai dai for elected officers as demigods instead of holding them responsible for good governance will Nigeria be ready..as for me, I am apolitical..I'd rather contribute my own quota by wealth/ job creation

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by kotv: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
But looking at the nigerian youth, you will see one that is ready to stake his life and intellect to butt-lick and defend failed politicians with hope that the 'politicians' enroll them into their payroll and/or make them unofficial PA.
the truth and that is the saddest part about it
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
godfatherism..sharing of money nko? Tonye see eh,not until the people realise power actually belong to them and doing ranka dai dai for elected officers as demigods instead of holding them responsible for good governance will Nigeria be ready..as for me, I am apolitical..I'd rather contribute my own quota by wealth/ job creation
It is not everybody that have the zeal to participate in the murky waters of politics. No godfather is willing to let-go except someone retires him. To retire a godfather (or force him to align with you), you have to be involved rather than complain from outside. I respect your apolitical stand! Like Dangote said, the politicians create favorable environment for players of the economy.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
Cc.... Lalasticlala and Obinoscopy
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by misayada: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Not all youths are the same....there are responsible ones out there. If we keep saying youths are not ready and you are not even giving them the chance, Who will lead when the older ones are gone? Let Nigeria make a concrete plan to include the youths and start somewhere instead of us reiterating the problem all the time.

You ask a man what is the way forward, this Nigeria, they will start telling how much they know about the history and causes of our problems. We need to leave the past behind and move forward abeg.....Nigerians are not prepared (they start expanding the problem) what then do you do about it (ramblings)

Youths are more creative but yet more vulnerable in the society. If we are not given a chance now, how do we get to lead when we are in our 40s?

Youths represent a greater part of our population now, if we are not involved how do our interests get effective attention and consideration?

http://allavosiyatalk..com.ng/2015/10/the-youth-in-nigeria.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
[s][/s]

who is this fool known as TonyeBarcanista? na only negative thing you dey see about Nigeria all d time. if d youth r not prepared, wot abt you My Ape
you are your own problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
you are your own problem
TonyeBarcanista came to quote me with a female account right?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
Uncle, did you read the article or your comment was based on the title?

Lalasticlala and Obinoscopy
misayada:
Not all youths are the same....there are responsible ones out there. If we keep saying youths are not ready and you are not even giving them the chance, Who will lead when the older ones are gone? Let Nigeria make a concrete plan to include the youths and start somewhere instead of us reiterating the problem all the time.

You ask a man what is the way forward, this Nigeria, they will start telling how much they know about the history and causes of our problems. We need to leave the past behind and move forward abeg.....Nigerians are not prepared (they start expanding the problem) what then do you do about it (ramblings)

Youths are more creative but yet more vulnerable in the society. If we are not given a chance now, how do we get to lead when we are in our 40s?

Youths represent a greater part of our population now, if we are not involved how do our interests get effective attention and consideration?

http://allavosiyatalk..com.ng/2015/10/the-youth-in-nigeria.html
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by hinwazaka: 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
The youths of APC are a blessing to chaos and disorder and will inevitably contribute to their own destruction, entrapment and death. The future and hope of true visionary youths lies in the sands of time, and with the help of the PDP, will get their day in the sun. PDP: POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

It is not everybody that have the zeal to participate in the murky waters of politics. No godfather is willing to let-go except someone retires him. To retire a godfather (or force him to align with you), you have to be involved rather than complain from outside. I respect your apolitical stand! Like Dangote said, the politicians create favorable environment for players of the economy.
smiley
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by kingdompropty: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
Tonye , always on point.

However, I think it is sooner than later that the youth will call to question their always being ignored.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Kingspin(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
The old politicians are everywhere.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Ofodirinwa: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari ministerial list contains names of yesteryears politicians, some of them woefully failed in their previous office. While some of us are not happy with the recycling, the question I beg to ask is "Are the youths prepared for leadership?".

The Attitude of Nigeria Youth:
I understand that the youths of Nigeria like their African counterpart are seriously challenged economically. I understand that we are faced with the thought of "when are we taking over?" But looking at the nigerian youth, you will see one that is ready to stake his life and intellect to butt-lick and defend failed politicians with hope that the 'politicians' enroll them into their payroll and/or make them unofficial PA. The youths are scattered on social media from twitter, facebook, Nairaland etc and even on the street with readiness to be eternal stooge for politicians. Is it not a Nigerian youth that carries placard in protest against prosecutors and to show support to politicians that have been indicted for crimes? Which other part of the world can one find such?

Our Youths Have No Zeal To Lead:
The youths keep saying 'give us a chance' but have they shown willingness and zeal to lead? How many of our youths are members of political parties? How many are thinking of picking party forms to vie for political offices? The minimum age to run for Local government chairman, Federal House of Representatives and State House of Assembly offices is 30, For Senate and Office of the Governor, the minimum age is 35. How many of our 30-40years old have shown the zeal and passion to run for these offices? How many have shown the zeal to run for their Local Government Chairmanship elections? How many youths within the 25 and 35 age bracket are passionate about representing their wards as councillors? How then can there be power shift when there is no zeal to lead? Does power come on a platter of gold?

May I remind the youths that Bola Tinubu first ran for Senate(and won) at the age of 40? Rabiu Kwankwaso was first elected Member/Deputy Speaker of House of Representative in 1992 at the age of 36. Ayo Fayose was 43years when he ran for Governor against an incumbent and PDP elite in 2003. At 37, Owelle Rochas Okorocha first ran for Governor of Imo state in 1999(he lost). At 41 he vied for the Presidency in 2003(he lost). He was however appointed Special Adviser to President Obasanjo. At 35 Musliu Obanikoro was the NRC Caretaker Chairman for Surulere Local Government. All these men started WITHOUT a godfather. They however showed the zeal to lead, today they are moving from one office to another.

Our Youths Must Wake Up:
Leadership comes with responsibilities. I am not a fan of 'gifting' people with political offices, but instead I believe in supporting young visionaries for political offices. For young people to lead, they have to join/support political parties of choice. They must intelligently contribute to party growth, show willingness and readiness to lead, and pick forms for elective offices. Don't be discouraged whether you win or lose the election because the zeal will prepare and position you for other positions (appointments) that usually comes AFTER every election. If appointment didn't come, the next for years will definitely provide another opportunity to vie for elective/appointive position. Who says a youth cannot be the a national officer of his party(apart from youth leader)?

Finally, leadership is not a gift, it must be earned. If the youths really want generational shift, they must show willingness to lead. As at now, the youths are just not prepared for leadership.

May God Bless Us All

Did you list Tinubu as an example of 'ready to led'?

I don't think Nigerian adults are ready to lead either..
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

Did you list Tinubu as an example of 'ready to led'?

I don't think Nigerian adults are ready to lead either..
Read the context again...
May I remind the youths that Bola Tinubu first ran for Senate(and won) at the age of 40? Rabiu Kwankwaso was first elected Member/Deputy Speaker of House of Representative in 1992 at the age of 36. Ayo Fayose was 43years when he ran for Governor against an incumbent and PDP elite in 2003. At 37, Owelle Rochas Okorocha first ran for Governor of Imo state in 1999(he lost). At 41 he vied for the Presidency in 2003(he lost). He was however appointed Special Adviser to President Obasanjo. At 35 Musliu Obanikoro was the NRC Caretaker Chairman for Surulere Local Government. All these men started WITHOUT a godfather. They however showed the zeal to lead, today they are moving from one office to another.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
You have spoken well boss
hinwazaka:
The youths of APC are a blessing to chaos and disorder and will inevitably contribute to their own destruction, entrapment and death. The future and hope of true visionary youths lies in the sands of time, and with the help of the PDP, will get their day in the sun. PDP: POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
With our politics that is money driven, how would a youth that graduated at the age 25 raise nothing less than 500,000 naira in five years to be able to purchase a nomination form? This is aside the money for campaign and buying rice, kerosine, etc (stomach infrastructure).

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by mikolo80: 12:25am On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari ministerial list contains names of yesteryears politicians, some of them woefully failed in their previous office. While some of us are not happy with the recycling, the question I beg to ask is "Are the youths prepared for leadership?".

The Attitude of Nigeria Youth:
I understand that the youths of Nigeria like their African counterpart are seriously challenged economically. I understand that we are faced with the thought of "when are we taking over?" But looking at the nigerian youth, you will see one that is ready to stake his life and intellect to butt-lick and defend failed politicians with hope that the 'politicians' enroll them into their payroll and/or make them unofficial PA. The youths are scattered on social media from twitter, facebook, Nairaland etc and even on the street with readiness to be eternal stooge for politicians. Is it not a Nigerian youth that carries placard in protest against prosecutors and to show support to politicians that have been indicted for crimes? Which other part of the world can one find such?

Our Youths Have No Zeal To Lead:
The youths keep saying 'give us a chance' but have they shown willingness and zeal to lead? How many of our youths are members of political parties? How many are thinking of picking party forms to vie for political offices? The minimum age to run for Local government chairman, Federal House of Representatives and State House of Assembly offices is 30, For Senate and Office of the Governor, the minimum age is 35. How many of our 30-40years old have shown the zeal and passion to run for these offices? How many have shown the zeal to run for their Local Government Chairmanship elections? How many youths within the 25 and 35 age bracket are passionate about representing their wards as councillors? How then can there be power shift when there is no zeal to lead? Does power come on a platter of gold?

Our Youths Must Wake Up:
Leadership comes with responsibilities. I am not a fan of 'gifting' people with political offices, but instead I believe in supporting young visionaries for political offices. For young people to lead, they have to join/support political parties of choice. They must intelligently contribute to party growth, show willingness and readiness to lead, and pick forms for elective offices. Don't be discouraged whether you win or lose the election because the zeal will prepare and position you for other positions (appointments) that usually comes AFTER every election. If appointment didn't come, the next for years will definitely provide another opportunity to vie for elective/appointive position. Who says a youth cannot be the a national officer of his party(apart from youth leader)?

Finally, leadership is not a gift, it must be earned. If the youths really want generational shift, they must show willingness to lead. As at now, the youths are just not prepared for leadership.

May God Bless Us All
addition
lga councillor age limit is 25
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by mikolo80: 12:27am On Oct 08, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
yeah, so true...the key word is visionary leadership..sadly Nigeria plays money politics...widespread poverty is anathema to youthful and visionary leadership
you don't need too much money to run for councillor
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by mikolo80: 12:30am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:
No wonder Atiku's daughter called them " mere commoners which their opinions doesn't count" and most of them belongs to the evil APC
12 milliom in pdp is not common ba
or the 40 milliom that didn't vote
dis una painment no get past two
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by mikolo80: 12:31am On Oct 08, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
leaders of tomorrow,when is that tomorrow sef
when you (youth) grow up
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by mikolo80: 12:34am On Oct 08, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
The same SHORTCHANGED youths would besiege this thread to spew cliched hogwash like "wailers" and any of such partisan dysphemism as against brainstorming 'cause admitting the current administration has no plan to phase youths into leadership roles is an admission of them doing a piss-poor job at rooting for the supposed sanctimonious pseudo-change-spewing geriatric political jobbers.
⚡⚡⚡
Oya clap for yourself
you know how to use dictionary
so you prefer pdp ba
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Ofodirinwa: 2:10am On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Read the context again...

no, there was no context. You mistook positions for leadership. Tinubu took a federal position at a young age, but nothing changed through or under him, and he had no vision for a difference other than advancing his own life, so no, was not in leadership. He was in position.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 08, 2015
Is there a minimum age for ministers and commissioners?
The minimum age to run for president should be reduced to 40, via constitutional amendment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:32am On Oct 08, 2015
CFCfan:
Is there a minimum age for ministers and commissioners?
The minimum age to run for president should be reduced to 40, via constitutional amendment.
The minimum age requirement for Office of the President of Nigeria is 40years
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by juman(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2015
sirfemoz:
I think Nigerian youths have sold their rights and privileges over bags of money. That's the more reason people like Audu Ogbe will still remain in active politics.

You people should rather be celebrating the likes of chief audu ogbeh to be minister.
He is one of the best hands needed at this period, the country is upside down in all facets of lifes.
He is competent and honest man.
Even he lost his position as party chairman because he was too honest for the then president.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2015
juman:

You people should rather be celebrating the likes of chief audu ogbeh to be minister.
He is one of the best hands needed at this period. He is competent and honest man.
Even he lost his position as party chairman because he was too honest for the then president.
A man like Ogbeh would be better as an Adviser and not minister that requires 21st Century way of handling things. Anyway, I blame our unprepared young people

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by juman(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
A man like Ogbeh would be better as an Adviser and not minister that requires 21st Century way of handling things. Anyway, I blame our unprepared young people

You have said all.
This country is bad in all ways.
Huge effort is needed to bring it back to sense and path of glory.
The youths will rule the country tired in the future, but the country must be firstly fixed.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

TonyeBarcanista came to quote me with a female account right?
I've been around for long before you were even formed in your mother's womb.

GTFO you prick

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership by sirfemoz(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2015
juman:

He is one of the best hands needed at this period, the country is upside down in all facets of lifes.
He is competent and honest man.
If this comment is really coming out from a youth, then the OP is right. The youths are not ready for leadership. But when companies advertise for a position with 20years experience, you will be the first to shout.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye’s Recall Timetable Released By INEC (Photos) / Who Is The Ugliest State Governor In Nigeria (2011 - 2015)? / Supreme Court Dismisses Atiku's Request To Inspect INEC Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.