Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,499 members, 7,812,543 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (49941 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / Fayose Inspects Roads In Ado Ekiti, Looks Unworried (Photos) / Port Harcourt = Potholes: Which States Have The Worst Roads In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by superduperjay: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
That publication is completely false. Nothing of such nature happened even in 2012 sef no one died. All this bloggers sef.
biafranqueen:

http://www.swaggofafrica.com/lagos-flood-claims-life-of-12-yr-old-girl/

This is where I read the story my Dear check it well well!

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/06/20/heavy-downpour-causes-flood-in-parts-of-nigerias-commercial-city-lagos/

http://www.sott.net/article/298052-Floods-overwhelm-major-streets-in-Lagos-Nigeria
Check the dates even VI and Lekki is worst.

I am sure this your estate flood every rainey season all praise goes to Fakeshola grin

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
This Road is far better than some roads in Edo
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by deetomee: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
Is it that Nigeria under a cause or something? So what exactly do Nigeria celebrate every Oct 1st? This? Smh. Still a long road to redemption
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by danwa25(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dis one na illegal!
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by sadlas(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
you dey snap for rear seat.na lift dey carry you?
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Sir Otto Von Bismarck, need I remind you that engaging in a comparison between Lagos and Any other state in terms of development stride is suicidal?
You don't get it do you? This is nt about comparison this is a reminder that your beloved lagos has its setbacks in the area of development just like any other state no matter how advanced you think it is. The IGR may be several kajillions of dollars I don't give a hoot about it, cos you can always find terrible places in thesame state just like any other state
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Wow grin
Thanks for showing us d road to ur village grin grin
Cox no normal person will go dia but u r going home n busy snapping ur village road for us..
Definitely we will do something abt it grin grin
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by GodMode: 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
VonBismark:
You don't get it do you? This is nt about comparison this is a reminder that your beloved lagos has its bad parts in the area of development just like any other state no matter how advanced you think it is. The IGR may be several kajillions of dollars I don't give a hoot about it, cos you can always find terrible places in thesame state just like any other state

That area you posted is an illegal settlement causing environmental pollution and in a sane country that place would be demolished but in Nigeria they'll scream "anti poor", they'll play the victim.

In reality, its not meant to exist.. But corruption and the "play the victim people" won't let the govt demolish it.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Ayomax(m): 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
miszeno:
Wow grin
Thanks for showing us d road to ur village grin grin
Cox no normal person will go dia but u r going home n busy snapping ur village road for us..
Definitely we will do something abt it grin grin
lol, I'm a corper n it's unfortunate that I'm serving there.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
VonBismark:
You don't get it do you? This is nt about comparison this is a reminder that your beloved lagos has its setbacks in the area of development just like any other state no matter how advanced you think it is. The IGR may be several kajillions of dollars I don't give a hoot about it, cos you can always find terrible places in thesame state just like any other state
Ok
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by arusoncd(m): 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nothing is wrong with the road; but the driver is either half blind or mentally retarded, or both. Lol.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Ochinex(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ayomax:
This is the road from Nkerefi to Amagunze (Nkanu East, Enugu State). I believe this one of the worst road in this country.

this place Must be in the north. cox no bad roads in the Eastern part of this dooms entity called Nigeria
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
VonBismark:
what are you talking about? Taxation? you talk as if you don't know this country or you are one of those politicians who loot public fund. Tell the so called govt to pay its workers first then you can talk of taxation. SMH

So, if i can decode what you are saying; phuck taxation let the rot continue. Ok. Got it.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
scarr:

I could only just stare at my phone when I read this.
So d money our leaders are looting isn't enough, u want us to give them more to loot at our own expense again

Abi waz dis one saying?

And you think that there is no corruption in the west? what has that got to do with taxation? the sooner you'all change your mentality the sooner you'll will climb out of the rot you find yourselves in.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by superstar1(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
how will someone that was born in such a cursed land not run away?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by exclusive7(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
mehn.....op u probably havnt passed through oyibo road,cross river while entering porthacourt.....u would have known true the definition of bad road....dz road no even bad...na just bcux of continuous rain
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Bollinger:

So, if i can decode what you are saying; phuck taxation let the rot continue. Ok. Got it.
that's not what I meant. Rather the issue of taxation shouldn't have been brought up in this context cos it has very little to do with it
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
VonBismark:
that's not what I meant. Rather the issue of taxation shouldn't have been brought up in this context cos it has very little to do with it

It has everything to do with it. Taxation is how normal societies fund maintenance projects. America has oil too, but that has never been factored into revenue generation. For us, it is important only for our vehicles. Nigerians don't understand taxation on all levels and that is a big handicap.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 10:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Trust me, you have NO point... I have been to four eastern states and their rural roads are NO where near the state you just tried to compare them with.... NO WHERE.
SO you never visit Anambra these past two years?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Bollinger:

It has everything to do with it. Taxation is how normal societies fund maintenance projects. America has oil too, but that has never been factored into revenue generation. For us, it is important only for our vehicles. Nigerians don't understand taxation on all levels and that is a big handicap.
You see comparing USA to Nigeria is really out of the picture because the American system is very much ahead of the nigerian system and way more organized also the payment of tax in USA is directly related to what an individual earns and can easily be deducted from the salary now coming down to nigeria you find a situation in which workers are being owed salary and there is no record for what an individual earns hence you see people making money thru all forms of dubious means with impunity, now moving down to the rural area where that road is located what reason have you given those rural dwellers to pay tax when absolutely nothing has been done for them
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
biafranqueen:
SO you never visit Anambra these past two years?
My dear, save yourself the stress, if I start uploading that of Lag, NL server might crash....

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
Freemanan:

My dear, save yourself the stress, if I start uploading that of Lag, NL server might crash....
I know my Dear the ignorance is just to rampant and we are dealing with acute attention deficiency but sometimes I just feel obligated. Thanks for caring kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
biafranqueen:
I know my Dear the ignorance is just to rampant and we are dealing with acute attention deficiency but sometimes I just feel obligated. Thanks for caring kiss

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by blaqueoracle: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Not a lie my bro, passed there today.the road is baaaaad.but the driver of the vehicle you were in does not know his way around. People should ask for alternative routes immediately they get 2 Awka.much love peeps
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by king406(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
A range Rover sport or discovery would love this
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
VonBismark:
before you start talking about your billions of light years may I remind you that there is a place like this in lagos that don't exist in any other part of the country not to talk of South eastern states
They will never never want to admit that Lagos is mostly slum. only VI Lekki and Ikoyi is manageable, but yet it still floods like crazy!

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
superduperjay:
That publication is completely false. Nothing of such nature happened even in 2012 sef no one died. All this bloggers sef.
meshon there! lipsrsealed
LAGOS—THE pain inflicted on Lagosians by the torrential downpour last Sunday bit harder, yesterday, [b]when 25 corpses were recovered [/b]including those of 11 children.

The corpses were recovered from two canals at Dopemu and Aboru, in old Alimosho Local Government Area and Agbado-Oke Odo Local Council Development Area, LCDA, among other areas , even as property worth several billions of Naira were destroyed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/lagos-flood-kills-25/

Fashola, who inspected areas affected by the flood on Monday, empathized with victims who lost their relatives and properties to the flood.

He, however, warned that the state government will immediately commence the enforcement of a new regime of laws affecting the environment, stressing that such matters would no longer be compromised.

Report said they were being carried away by the torrents around sewage area,when some concerned residents who were also returning late, rescued them. The baby simply identified as Tochukwu was thereafter rushed to an unidentified hospital as he had gulped some of the dirty water .

This is just as the residents have called on the urgent need for the state government and management of the Power Holding of Nigeria Plc Company to find a lasting solution to the high tension wire around mechanic junction. The call came following report of electrocution anytime it rained.

Just yesterday, unsuspecting workers and traders who covered themselves with umbrellas while it was raining, almost got electrocuted on arriving the junction

Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
VonBismark:
You see comparing USA to Nigeria is really out of the picture because the American system is very much ahead of the nigerian system and way more organized also the payment of tax in USA is directly related to what an individual earns and can easily be deducted from the salary now coming down to nigeria you find a situation in which workers are being owed salary and there is no record for what an individual earns hence you see people making money thru all forms of dubious means with impunity, now moving down to the rural area where that road is located what reason have you given those rural dwellers to pay tax when absolutely nothing has been done for them

I have to compare. That is the only yardstick for self improvement. If Nigerians don't know, how can they change the status quo. If only Nigerians can grasp the concept of taxation, it can solve even the corruption problem in Nigeria.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Bollinger:

I have to compare. That is the only yardstick for self improvement. If Nigerians don't know, how can they change the status quo. If only Nigerians can grasp the concept of taxation, it can solve even the corruption problem in Nigeria.
I agree with you my Dear but you must also understand that some Governors claim to have spent millions of dollars on said projects with nothing on the ground to show for it!
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
biafranqueen:
I agree with you my Dear but you must also understand that some Governors claim to have spent millions of dollars on said projects with nothing on the ground to show for it!

One of the reasons corruption is so rife in Nigeria is because the masses have no idea where the money really comes from and so they don't really follow how it's spent. Taxation makes you get involved in government and expenditure because the money is coming out of your pocket. The american revolution from the british was started because of taxation. That is how powerful it is.
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
biafranqueen:
They will never never want to admit that Lagos is mostly slum. only VI Lekki and Ikoyi is manageable, but yet it still floods like crazy!
that's what I was saying each state has its issues in the area of development, lagos has its slums and the SE have roads (mostly the federal roads) that are nothing to write home about
Re: One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
biafranqueen:
that's what I was saying each state has its issues in the area of development, lagos has its slums and the SE have roads (mostly the federal roads) that are nothing to write home about. Makes me wonder what those so called House of reps and senate actually do apart from their avaricious quest for money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Peter Obi And A Schoolgirl In Bauchi / Photo Of President Buhari Leaving Abuja For UK Medical Treatment / Check Out Road Projects By Governor Yahaya Bello In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.