Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,142 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726864 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:22am On May 16, 2017
walexsho:

Please, I have a vital question.
*Will the App tell you the destination of the rider before going to pick them up. Your present Location might be Agege and someone in Victoria Island request for a ride to CMS
* Will it tell you the number of rider you will be picking per trip
* Will the App rate a new driver 5.0. If not, how will the driver get Request online when the rider(customer) will always send request to high rated drivers.

the app will only tell you the destination of a rider after you have picked them up and started the trip. you can never be in agege and receive a request from someone in victoria island.

the app doesnt tell you how many people you will be transporting.

all drivers always start on 5.0. reduction in your rating is as a result of your interaction with riders. there are also some witches in form of riders who would rate you low for no reason at all or because they are having a bad day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:27am On May 16, 2017
walexsho:

* Will the App rate a new driver 5.0. If not, how will the driver get Request online when the rider(customer) will always send request to high rated drivers.
* Is there any means to communicate with the rider (i.e phone call, chat)
yes. the app shows the riders number with option to call or text.

if you are not familiar with the area it is nice to call them and confirm their location. google map can be having a bad day and decide to lead you inside bush or thru a fence or locked gate.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2017
i have reasons to believe that uber manipulates surges. they can also create a "fake" surge making you think an area is surging only for the surge to disappear as you approach the area.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 10:34am On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:

payments - total money you received from riders and uber in form of incentuves and promotions.

trip payments - total money you made from just driving.

cash collected - cash you physically collected from riders who opted to pay with cash rather than card.

estimated total is the amount uber is owing you for the week which they would deposit into your bank acct or your partners bank acct.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LagosUberDriver: 10:42am On May 16, 2017
I am in need of an Uber car to drive on rentals or Hire purchase, maturity,honesty and straight forwardness are my strong virtues,mention or pm me for my contact.thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:42am On May 16, 2017
toyclicks:

Thanks
uwc
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:44am On May 16, 2017
OlugbengaE:

How much does Uber add to SUV for parking at the Airport?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:45am On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:
but Airport chrages 600 i think for SUVs?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2017
OlugbengaE:

but Airport chrages 600 i think for SUVs?

yes. 600 for suv. but a smart driver (like me) wouldnt pay for parking but will still receive requests and still get paid 400.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:51am On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:

yes. 600 for suv. but a smart driver (like me) wouldnt pay for parking but will still receive requests and still get paid 400.

How you dey do am?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:53am On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:

Really is that possible? the only time i went to Airport i drove around but i didnt get any request i later read it from the app that you must park to get request
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:01am On May 16, 2017
mrsage:

How you dey do am?
first of all i do not go to the airport for going sakes. if i dont have a drop off at the airport or close to the airport, i dont have any business there.

once you are in the areas around the airport you are automatically placed on a queue. you will receive requests whether you are in the car park or not. i never ever join a queue of more than 7 vehicles. if there are less than 7 vehicles it tells me my turn will come quicker therefore paying 400 naira toll is arrant waste of money.

so i simply drive around the queue zone to ensure i am still on queue. i dont drive more than 50km/hr when doing this so the issue of burning fuel of 400 doesnt even arise. as i drive around it keeps counting down to my turn until a request comes in.. and with it the 400.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Really is that possible? the only time i went to Airport i drove around but i didnt get any request i later read it from the app that you must park to get request
if i havent experienced it, i wont know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by healthynaira: 11:08am On May 16, 2017
i am a driver in need of a car to drive on uber/taxify platforms. Monthly rentals only. i live in ajah. contact me on 08179307888

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 11:20am On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:
I spent 6k on fuel. not 10

what other expenses took 3k? are you now calculating my expenses for me?

what surge? I did 17 trips yesterday and only one of them was a surge trip. if I follow the surge and don't make 30k and above, I should be checked.

bro we don't view life through the same lens. if you think it is a channel to failure you will fail not me.

Pls what kind of car do you use?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sleezwizz: 11:25am On May 16, 2017
In other news... Are u a salary earner and you need an instant loan to take care of your urgent financial needs? Check my signature. Get a loan within 24hrs after submitting all necessary documents...

RenMoney come through not only on PayDays but anytime you need fast cash to achieve goals.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:30am On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:
if i havent experienced it, i wont know
not doubting just telling you my experience.

the only day i was at the airport i saw 1-10 in the app. what does that mean?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by needhelp2: 11:31am On May 16, 2017
I am an uber certified driver looking for a partner with an uber ready car to pair with.. any available partner that wants to be of help to me can reach me @ 08091959857..email hisamazingrace2@gmail.com.so we can discuss terms, conditions and agreement. Thanks and God bless
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:48am On May 16, 2017
toyclicks:

Pls what kind of car do you use?
08 Accord.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:49am On May 16, 2017
OlugbengaE:

not doubting just telling you my experience.

the only day i was at the airport i saw 1-10 in the app. what does that mean?
means there are between 1 - 10 cars on the queue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by needhelp2: 11:57am On May 16, 2017
Mush:
I need a good driver, quote this Text with your phone no if interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nyphemmy01(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:
first of all i do not go to the airport for going sakes. if i dont have a drop off at the airport or close to the airport, i dont have any business there.

once you are in the areas around the airport you are automatically placed on a queue. you will receive requests whether you are in the car park or not. i never ever join a queue of more than 7 vehicles. if there are less than 7 vehicles it tells me my turn will come quicker therefore paying 400 naira toll is arrant waste of money.

so i simply drive around the queue zone to ensure i am still on queue. i dont drive more than 50km/hr when doing this so the issue of burning fuel of 400 doesnt even arise. as i drive around it keeps counting down to my turn until a request comes in.. and with it the 400.

Very true..i employed this method on a number of occasions and it worked..even while I was ikeja along,i got placed in d queue. Before I got to the airport, It got to my turn and I got a request.. grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dejidotun2000(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2017
Romeo3:
means there are between 1 - 10 cars on the queue
I hope to meet you in person someday. You are a very strategic thinker. If only Nigeria had more people like you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheidy(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2017
if you have an available car I am a driver registered on Uber, please call 08176375216..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naijacutee(f): 12:50pm On May 17, 2017
Hi guys,

What car do you have, and how much did you spend on petrol last week?

I want to import a Hybrid Toyota Prius as a test, and I'm doing some research beforehand

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BenZyncla(m): 12:53pm On May 17, 2017
Are you interested in earning good residual income in Real Estate any times you get people that acquire any genuine estate property/land? Many do this aside their regular jobs and earns good 6 digits and millions in such Real Estate residual income even in a single deal. WE ONLY NEED SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE WHO WANTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SUCCESS IN THIS BUSINESS. The opportunity is not for everyone.

If You Desire Financial Freedom Through Real Estate, Please WhatsApp +2348027390046
OR Drop your WhatsApp number and we'll contact you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 3:42pm On May 17, 2017
naijacutee:
Hi guys,

What car do you have, and how much did you spend on petrol last week?

I want to import a Hybrid Toyota Prius as a test, and I'm doing some research beforehand

go ahead and import. tgat is the best car for uber.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naijacutee(f): 4:11pm On May 17, 2017
Romeo3:
go ahead and import. tgat is the best car for uber.

Thanks, Romeo. Technically, it is the best but it isn't very widely adopted. This is what I would like to get to the bottom of.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2017
naijacutee:

Thanks, Romeo. Technically, it is the best but it isn't very widely adopted. This is what I would like to get to the bottom of.
isnt widely adopted because of ignorance and the excuse that there are no mechanics for it when in fact, there are.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nelton(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2017
I did the psychometric test on Monday and was told it will take 24 hours for me to get the result in form of a text message. Today is Wednesday and I am yet to get a text message. Please what do i do?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 17, 2017
Pls if someone pays with card on taxify when does it reflect.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DeeOneBangin: 7:19pm On May 17, 2017
obitee69:
Pls if someone pays with card on taxify when does it reflect.

Calm down, it will. At times network could cause a delay. It takes little time

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.