Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? (3917 Views)

How To Make Nigerian Men Believe You're Wife Material (even When U're Not / What Will U Do If U're In Her Shoe? / When U're Watching A Movie Wth Ur Parents N A Sexual Sceve Comes Up How Do U Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lately,the way some ppl in romantic relationships get possessive of their partners and begin to impose Dos & Don'ts is funny...There are things I hear ppl saying their bf/gf won't permit them to do and I'm like "seriously? I don't see anything wrong in that." And when one partner begins to entertain or continue communications with "toasters" and other admirers,the other party frowns at it. So I'm asking....
Is it advisable for someone in a relationship to keep all other "doors" closed? For sb already dating,to what extent does relations with the opposite sex cross the boundary?
What's ur personal opinion on this...what actions and relations of ur bf/gf,fiance/fiancée with the opposite sex are u not willing to tolerate?

#Philosopher Quëën#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by gab264(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by SumonTheViper(m): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Add me on- sumontheviper@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by misspicy(f): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Depends on the type of relationship and the time for settling involved,for a lady who is not ready to settle down they can lock all doors buh for a matured lady in need of settling down,its better to kip every doors open

Same goes for guys...

Note: its d reality

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by falconey(m): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
its hard to say.........the future is unpredictable.

Not advisable to both gender especially girls.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by bewla(m): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
ops
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Kunleskey(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
I can only do that when the relationship is strong

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Tallesty1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
I don't have time for aimless relationship.

I know what I want and searching ends once I find it.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Luckygurl(f): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
So when the relationship comes crashing, you'll experience double the pain.

Oh please!!! Being in a relationship doesn't mean you shouldn't have friends of the opposite gender especially when they add positively to your life and ofcourse with no strings attached.

Them never born the guy who go yarn say make I end my friendship with my close male pals angry angry
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
It depends sha but

My bf shouldn't spend more than two minutes on the phone with another girl when discussing with me if it's not something important or official. undecided
He shouldn't spend late nights with some girl.

Basically, I would talk to him when I notice someone else is getting the attention I'm supposed to be getting

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Future girlfrnds pls listen to d op ooo... Not wen u guys will be gvn me d attitude abt who and who I did and did not talk to...
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by dharay99: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
depends,
If I'm in a serious rltshp
wid her for years.. Then
It's better we both close doz fuckinq_ doors
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by AfroKnight: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
I used to shut all other doors but it was just me doing that. The ladies kept their options open. So I decided to have as many doors open as possible. No regrets ever since.

Keeping an exclusive relationship works only when the two of you practice that. By nature, ladies don't close other doors until they are married. They welcome gifts, attention and affection from admirers while in a relationship and see nothing wrong with it. I guess it's fair as well, for me to have plan B, C, etc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Kunleskey(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
If you really trust, love and have feelings for your partner why having second thought but, it doesn't mean you should let go other friends
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by crispberry(f): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Here to learn
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yes, shut, bolt & hire a bouncer for "the door".
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Op I don't think you really understand the word "relationship"
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Based on the comments thus far it's safe to assume that the bulk of people subscribe to the idea of an open relationship and/or presently involving in one. In other words, they're cheating and don't consider it a big deal. Hmmm...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Tallesty1:
I don't have time for aimless relationship.

I know what I want and searching ends once I find it.
Hmm...OK...buh what if she isn't on the same page with u?
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Yes, shut, bolt & hire a bouncer for "the door".
Lmao...this girl again!!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Tallesty1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Hmm...OK...buh what if she isn't on the same page with u?
Lols....

It is not possible.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
ronald4lif:
Based on the comments thus far it's safe to assume that the bulk of people subscribe to the idea of an open relationship and/or presently involving in one. In other words, they're cheating and don't consider it a big deal. Hmmm...
I'm not sure they're talking about cheating...Keeping open doors is in the sense of not totally cancelling out nd shutting out potential suitors,as the case may be....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lmao...this girl again!!!!

smiley
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliviaarims:

I'm not sure they're talking about cheating...Keeping open doors is in the sense of not totally cancelling out nd shutting out potential suitors,as the case may be....

Hmmm...didn't know some people can still be friendzoned. Coz by keeping doors open means you're casual friends with people who have made known their intentions of having a romance with you albeit you bounced it. So either by rejecting their advances or adamant to give a precise response means they've been friendzoned if they're still exchanging correspondence with the person.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hmmm...didn't know some people can still be friendzoned. Coz by keeping doors open means you're casual friends with people who have made known their intentions of having a romance with you albeit you bounced it. So either by rejecting their advances or adamant to give a precise response means they've been friendzoned if they're still exchanging correspondence with the person.
Yea...friend zoning succinctly says it all.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 10, 2015
I always follow my heart! That's where I hear the greatest truth.

The extent to which that person appeals to you and your moral inclinations determines your set boundaries.

For me even though I respect people's boundaries, I'm not a fan of boundaries.... I just follow my heart and let it flow...

The ancient quote "Don't leave all eggs in one basket" has saved may heartbreaks and emotional fatalities.

#myopinion
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Meanwhile HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Op @Oliviaarims.... Wish you the very best.

Have fun...
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by fulli16(m): 6:27am On Oct 10, 2015
OP....happy birthday @ d topic...to a reasonable extent, yes.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by ClassCaptain(m): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
i have never been in a relationship.am sorry
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
No pls don't keep all does close as a lady, I was a victim....

All dis relatnship stuff sef.. undecided
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Flips: 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
Flips:

You didn't respond to my request. Maybe it's because of the random guy called ak... never you mind, he is just my online antagonist and I am his greatest fear on Nairaland. forget online. Let's go off.

Told u a million times am not interested

(1) (2) (Reply)

For The Ladies:what Do You Like Most About Being A Lady / How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address / Signs Of A Man Who Will Never Ever Stop Loving You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.