Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! (20128 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Folks who entertain them and swallow their half truths and lies hook, line and stinker will invariably begin to use their points to argue against the truth as we have seen on this forum. They argue blindly like JW's yet they claim that they are not members of the cult. This is the kind of danger of listening to them poses and when they now hear the truth they would reject it as lies.
Anyone who calls themselves a Christian and does not bother to search out scriptures for themselves will be swept off their feet by whatever comes by. And there are people out there with sweet tongues who are deliberately causing confusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2016
We can trust the scriptures over the watchtower magazine.

1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

We can trust the scriptures over the watchtower magazine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:49am On May 09, 2016
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Jehovah said "unto me every knee shall bow"

It is said of Jesus "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow"

At the judgment seat of Christ "every tongue shall confess to God"

JHVH-YHVH-Jehovah, pronounced diffrently by diffrent people is the Jewish name for God

God and the Word is God

H3068

יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.
Total KJV occurrences: 6521

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2016
At the mention of the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On May 11, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

At the mention of the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.

My Lord and my God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

My Lord and my God!

Jesus is Jehovah. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On May 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is Jehovah. smiley

He shall be called Immanuel - God with us. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

He shall be called Immanuel - God with us. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27am On May 23, 2016
He rose from the dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On May 23, 2016
He rose from the dead. Melissa's armour is shattered. shocked

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Amen! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:44am On May 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Amen! cheesy

Yea

OLAADEGBU:

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 1:15am On May 30, 2016
Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Joh 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Of course it was Jesus body that they destroyed, and which He-Jesus raised
Jesus temple is the same as our temple, it is our body's
Jesus raised His body from the dead

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Amen! cheesy

Jesus is Jehovah God. Repent and believe the gospel. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2016
Answering JW's

Here is the evidence that Jesus is God with a capital "G" who created all things.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The simple logic of this verse can be summed up as thus:

THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14 it states:

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us."

From these verses we can deduce the following:

JESUS = THE WORD

If A = B and

B = C  then

A = C.

Then,

JESUS = THE WORD and

THE WORD = GOD,

therefore:

JESUS = GOD

If you contend that John 1:1 should be translated as "The Word was a god," and not "The Word was God." And if you are arguing that since theos (the Greek word for God) is preceded by the definite article (the) when it first appears in the verse, and the second time it appears it is not preceded by the definite article, then will be justified for translating the last part of John 1:1 "the Word was a god," because God appears without the definite article.  And you claim that John 1:1 does not say anything about Jesus' identity (i.e,  that He is God), but refers to a quality about Him.  There are, however, no reputable authorities or translations that support your JW translation of this verse.  In fact, your NWT has caused considerable outrage among Greek scholars because it is a major distortion of the text.

We are not surprised that the JW's don't even play by their own rules, it is inconsistently applied throughout your NWT.  Theos appears 6 times without the definite article in the first 18 verses of John's gospel (1,6,12,13 and twice in 18).  Yet, in the NWT, it is rendered God (referring to Jehovah), not a god, in each instance except for the last clause of 1:1, when it refers to Jesus! Do you see your inconsistencies? cheesy

To remain consistent, the JW's must hold that verse 6 should read:

"There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of a god,"

that verse 12 should read:

"to become a god's children," and so on.

If you observe carefully you will note that the absence of the definite article does not refer to someone other than the true God.  The scholarly Arndt and Gingrich Greek Lexicon, p. 357, states that theos is used "quite predominantly of the true God, sometimes with, sometimes without, the article."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 11:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
^^^ (website link was deleted)
If you don't follow the Bible, then what Jesus do you follow?
the Bible is the only place you can learn of Him.

That article is not at that link.

I don't believe Jesus looked European with hair like a woman.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2016
johnw74:
^^^
If you don't follow the Bible, then what Jesus do you follow?
the Bible is the only place you can learn of Him.

That article is not at that website.

I don't believe Jesus looked European with hair like a woman.

He might be following another Jesus who is not the Jesus of the Bible. undecided

Jesus said: "Search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" (John 5:39).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2016
Here some pertinent questions and answers for you JW's to ponder on as to the nature of our Lord Jesus Christ:

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe  me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour," (Isaiah 43:10,11).

Is God the Saviour of the world?

If you study this verse I quoted above objectively, you will discover the following:

There always has been and always will be only one true God.

There is no Saviour of the world except for this one true God.

Therefore, the Saviour of the world must be the one true God.

This leads to another question:

Is Jesus the Saviour of the world?

I do not think that anyone who has read the New Testament would dispute this.  Even your favourite version of the Bible refers to Jesus as the Saviour: "and of the Saviour of us, Christ Jesus" --Titus 2:13.

Therefore, since:

The one true God is the only Saviour of the world (Isaiah 43:10,11), and

Jesus is the Saviour of the world (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1),

Jesus must therefore be the one true God.

To deny that Jesus is the one true God, one would either have to deny that Jesus is the Saviour, or say that God is lying to us in Isaiah 43:11.  Neither alternative fits with Scripture.

Does Titus 2:13 teach that Jesus is God our Saviour?

In Titus 2:13 it states the following:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Paul is here through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stating clearly that it is Jesus who is our great God and Saviour unless you are disputing this fact.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2016
Was Jesus created?

This is another half truth and lie that the Watchtower magazine use in deceiving folks that Jesus Christ was created and not begotten. Let's study the bible text below to arrive at the truth.

"Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers:  all things were created by him, and for him. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.."  (Colossians 1:12-17).

Now let's focus on Colossians 1:15:

Does Colossians 1:15 highligted above teach that Jesus was created?

You will see here that Jesus is called the "first-born" of all creation.   The term "first-born" here does not imply "first-created" those two words mean two different things.   

You can see from the following points that Paul was not teaching that Jesus was created and he was definitely not saying that He was the firstborn of all creation: 

Birth and creation are not equivalent terms.  For example, the Bible teaches that Jesus was born of a virgin, but this does not mean that Jesus was created the day He was born of Virgin Mary and since birth and creation happen at different times, they cannot mean the same thing.

There are two different Greek words for "first-born" and "first-created" and Paul used the word which means "first-born" not "first-created"

Paul was not teaching that Jesus Christ is a created being because he further taught that Jesus Christ was really the Creator of all things.  If all things were created by Christ, He  cannot be created, otherwise there is something that Christ did not create and this verse would be in error when it states that Christ created all things.

Hebrews 1:10 and John 1:3 confirms that:

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Creator of everything that has been created and thus He must not be created, but God.

What does the title "first-born" mean?

Read what reputable Bible scholars say:

"This title refers to Christ's preeminent position and sovereignty over creation, not that He Himself is a part of creation.  In the Old Testament, the first-born had certain rights and a certain status, such as preeminence, a double share of the inheritance, the right of the priesthood, and supremacy.  And it can be distinctly seen from Genesis 49:3 that the meaning "priority of birth" or in "in time" has been overshadowed and even sometimes lost to the implication of the term meaning "supremacy" or "preeminence."  In other words, one does not have to have been "born first" to be called "first-born" because the term's primary meaning came to be "preeminence" and "supremacy," sometimes with nothing to do about birth."

When Paul calls Jesus the first-born, He is saying that Jesus has all the rights of the first-born and that He has the first-born status of supremacy and preeminence.  When Paul adds that He is the first-born of all creation, He is merely specifying what Christ's preeminence (i.e., His first-born status) applies to -- namely, all creation.

Furthermore, this passage clearly teaches Christ's deity.  Since the Uncreated Creator alone created all things (Isaiah 44:24; Hebrews 3:4), and Colossians tells us that Christ is the Creator, we can then conclude that Jesus is the Uncreated Creator.

Other Bible scholars have demonstrated that the word "born" does not mean to be "created" when we look at it from Jesus' title "Son of God."  Don't misconstrue this to mean that Jesus Christ must have come into existence at some point and that He is less than God, thinking that He is the Son of God, and not God, in just the same way that a human son comes into existence after their human father.  This might sound plausible at first, but upon proper observation it becomes clear that this cannot be the case. The Bible is very clear in defining the title Son of God" to mean that Jesus is of the same nature as God, just like a child is of the same nature as their parent.  And if Jesus Christ has God's nature, then He is, by definition, God, and therefore without a beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 6:47am On Jul 01, 2016
Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning....
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God....

Joh 1:1 ....and the Word was God.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2016
johnw74:

Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning....
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God....

Joh 1:1 ....and the Word was God.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:....

In the corrupted bible of the JWs they have "In the beginning was the word and the word was a god". shocked
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:16am On Jul 02, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

In the corrupted bible of the JWs they have "In the beginning was the word and the word was a god". shocked

Yes they wrote their nwt bible according to their doctrines,
rather than get their doctrines from the Bible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:30am On Jul 02, 2016

From that link, more verses showing Jesus to be Jehovah:

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Mat 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Isa: is about John the baptist (the voice) preparing the way for the LORD (Jehovah)

Mat: is about John the baptist preparing the way for Jesus Christ

Zep 3:15 The LORD (Jehovah) hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD (Jehovah), is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

Joh 1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
Joh 1:48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.
Joh 1:50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

Zep: Jehovah is the King of Israel

Joh: Jesus is the King of israel

Jesus said so Himself:

Luk 23:3 And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.

Thou sayest it: This was the most solemn mode of affirmation used by the Jews. When the inhabitants of Zippor, inquired whether Rabbi Judah were dead, the son of Kaphra answered, אתון אמריתון, Ye say.

1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

In (brackets is mine)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by Jayphizzy(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2016
There Is Something Off About Those JW People.....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
johnw74:

Yes they wrote their nwt bible according to their doctrines,
rather than get their doctrines from the Bible.

Which is the reason they keep on spinning on their circular reasoning. cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
Jesus is called "God" by our Father, by Thomas, by Stephen to name just three, here is yet another verse where Jesus is called "God"

It is Paul this time who said:

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

The jw cult don't believe in the diety of Christ
More here
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 2:12am On Jul 06, 2016
The cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses get their beliefs from a magazine, not from the Bible.
Their magazine - elders, tell them what to believe. So they don't know and cannot possibly know the truths found in the Bible.

Jesus,
YHWH God Of The Old Testament

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3932000_whoisjesusclick_jpege501676c637e6fbe80f7aa64e3870155
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2016
Jesus accepted worship as God:

John 20:28 states:

"Thomas said to Him, My Lord and My God!"

If Jesus is not God, as Thomas exclaimed, then why didn't Jesus correct Thomas for his "error"?  Some contend that Thomas was merely exclaiming "My Lord and My God!" as many people today do when they are surprised.  If this were true, however, Jesus would have rebuked him for taking God's name in vain.

The disciples, who lived with Jesus for three years, believed He is God, and so at many other times worshipped Him.  Jesus accepted their worship (see Matthew 28:17, Luke 5:8.)  Since God alone is to be worshipped (Luke 4:8 ), why did Jesus not correct these "mistakes" if He truly is just a man like your Watchtower magazine claim him to be?  Every other man of God in the New Testament who receives worship immediately refuses the worship, declaring that God alone is to be worshipped (Acts 14: 10-16, Rev. 22:8-9).  Why didn't Jesus do this in a forceful way like His followers did? 

Therefore,

Since only God is to be worshipped, and

Jesus accepted worship,

Either,

A. Jesus sinned when accepting the worship, thus disqualifying Him as Saviour, or

B. Jesus is God

Clearly option A is unbiblical

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

So it must be true that Jesus is God.

Perhaps even more striking is Hebrews 1:6, where God commands the angels to worship Jesus:

"And when He again brought the first-born into the world, He says, And let all the angels of God worship Him."

If Jesus is not God, then God is contradicting Himself when He lets the angels worship Jesus.

Is any JW out there brazen enough to object to these logical answers? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:55am On Jul 10, 2016
The Jehovahs Witnesses sect don't believe that God and the Word is God.
Many Bible verses show that God and the Word is God for those with eyes to see.

Not just God, but God and the Word is God

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Not just God, but firstfruits are to God and the Lamb

Rev_14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Not just God, but God and the Lamb is the Temple of the NJ

Rev_21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
^^^ God and the Lamb are the (singular) Temple

Not just God, but God and the Lamb is the light of the NJ

Rev_21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

^^^ God' glory did lighten it, the Lamb is the light of it.

Not just God, but the water of life flows from the throne of God and the Lamb

Rev_22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Not just God, but God and the Lamb sit on the throne of God

Rev_22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

^^^ The Lamb sits on the throne of God, along with Father God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
Is Jesus God?

In John 8:58 Jesus says,

"Before Abraham was, I am."

I AM was the most revered divine name of God in the Old Testament (Ex. 3:14). Christ was not merely claiming that He existed before Abraham, but that He was still in existence before Abraham. Dr. A.T. Robertson, one of the greatest Greek scholars who ever lived, had this to say about John 8:58 after translating it "I am":

"Undoubtedly here Jesus claims eternal existence with the absolute phrase used of God."

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit? / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN / RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.