Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. (20164 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / Violence And Christianity Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2014

This is a very serious matter o.
As a matter of fact, well, lemme keep mute for now.
Do read on, with pleasure cool grin

Sometimes I hear the concern from critics that those who advocate for the non-violent nature of God are just projecting their own ideas and desires onto God.

But, here is the thing. Left to my own nature and personality, I definitely AM an eye-for- an-eye guy. I grew up wrestling in school and fighting in bars. I both drew blood and lost blood. So, my own natural bent toward reactionary violence is quite honed, hostile and ever-ready. And, engaging in the verbally
violent cross-examinations that practicing law demands has done nothing but show me how
to even more effectively shred people who are attacking my clients.

But, when I first recognized 25 years ago that
Jesus lives within me, and that He wanted to
transform my heart, things changed. The God
who turns the other cheek at my sin-- bar
none, has also called me to do the same
toward all others-- bar none. And by turning
the other cheek, He doesn't ignore the sin at
all. Rather, Jesus deals with it directly by
overcoming all-evil with all-good.

"Turn the other cheek, walk the extra mile,
give the extra garment, love your enemy,
pray for those who despitefully use you, THAT
you may be sons of your Father in Heaven,
for our loving God sends bountiful rain and
replenishing sunlight on both the good and
the evil, the just and the unjust, THEREFORE
be ye perfect AS as your Heavenly Father is
perfect." Matthew 5:38-48.

My point is that it's counter-intuitive and contrary, at least in my case, for my nature and personality to project non-violent attributes onto God. For me to advocate a non-violent image of God is not projection at all since I am not that way by inclination.

[color=#00099]Projection is a psychological transference of our OWN qualities or faults onto our image of another. In fact, in a way, its Jesus who is
projecting His own divine qualities ONTO and
INTO us. And that's a good thing.
[/color]

[url=https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=766610300065689&id=100001501787231&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6070088052228151496%3Amf_story_key.3119425117691731511&__tn__=%2As]Richard's Page[/url]

^^^ See the above?
Those are my thoughts exactly.
If I were to write on this, the only difference would be my choice of words and my own experiences grin grin

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

Sometimes I hear the concern from critics that those who advocate for the non-violent nature of God are just projecting their own ideas and desires onto God.

But, here is the thing. Left to my own nature and personality, I definitely AM an eye-for- an-eye guy. I grew up wrestling in school and fighting in bars. I both drew blood and lost blood. So, my own natural bent toward reactionary violence is quite honed, hostile and ever-ready. And, engaging in the verbally
violent cross-examinations that practicing law demands has done nothing but show me how

My point is that it's counter-intuitive and contrary, at least in my case, for my nature and personality to project non-violent attributes onto God. For me to advocate a non-violent image of God is not projection at all since I am not that way by inclination.

[color=#00099]Projection is a psychological transference of our OWN qualities or faults onto our image of another. In fact, in a way, its Jesus who is
[/color]

[url=https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=766610300065689&id=100001501787231&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6070088052228151496%3Amf_story_key.3119425117691731511&__tn__=%2As]Richard's Page[/url]

^^^ See the above?
If I were to write on this, the only difference would be my choice of words and my own experiences grin grin

Hmmmmm undecided are still talking about the god of the bible?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
OP really wanna know the violent nature of the bible god huh? Make we start? With all the kill kill kill kill stone the death in the bible? The idioot even killed his own son to please himself!

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
ifeness:
OP really wanna know the violent nature of the bible god huh? Make we start? With all the kill kill kill kill stone the death in the bible? The idioot even killed his own son to please himself!

Who's this glorified simpleton?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
LoL Guys.
@Excapist.

Just helping Christians make sense of their journey.
Besides, I thought by now that, everyone already knows that God couldn't have been involved in those killings, well even if that's what the bible says,

Ahdonblvit.

I have a friend who used to run a big grace website.
Lately, he turned Agnostic/Atheist.

Many of us ostracised him, not me though.

Guess what, he still quotes bible verses and releases christian articles once in a while.

Many, including me, at the time, criticized him for double standards.

But He told us that we weren't the only people we would meet in his lifetime, that they were others out there who really needed the grace message, even if we feel we've outgrown it.

For such people, christianity is like a crutch, that's their only way of making sense out of "God".

Personally I believe that the bible is a pointer to the creator, not the point.

The God of good is contained in the bible, the God of bad is too.

I intend to point people to the one of Goodness, who transcends the bible and whatever box we choose to put Him/it.
I believe that, that one has no darkness in him at all.
I believe that, He is all GooD.

This is why I can never be called a Christian......as a christian, you must believe in Hellfire (Eternal), you must also believe in the god of the second part of Deuteronomy 28.

In all honesty?
That God, I mean the God of most parts of the bible? is my devil.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Who's this glorified simpleton?

A true God

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:32am On Oct 15, 2014
Is burning people in hell-fire not the ultimate expression of violence on God's part?

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Is burning people in hell-fire not the ultimate expression of violence on God's part?
It is not violence. It is divine retribution aka justice.

@op
Were Jesus' actions violent when he chased away the traders at the synagogue? Keep in mind that he had no authority whatsoever to do that.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2014
musKeeto:

It is not violence. It is divine retribution aka justice.

@op
Were Jesus' actions violent when he chased away the traders at the synagogue? Keep in mind that he had no authority whatsoever to do that.

Honestly?
This thread isn't meant for Atheist, Agnostics, or even Christian Agnostics/Atheists like me angry
There is twice as much that I don’t know, than I do know. The mystery of it all cannot be cloaked in certainty.

IT IS MEANT FOR CHRISTIANS.

To help their faith.
To propel their journey.

I stopped reading a bible many months ago.
My knowledge of it is soo rusty now.

I hate religious arguments btw, especially the retrogressive kind.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Honestly?
This thread isn't meant for Atheist, Agnostics, or even Christian Agnostics/Atheists like me angry
There is twice as much that I don’t know, than I do know. The mystery of it all cannot be cloaked in certainty.

To help their faith.
To propel their journey.

Hmmm.. I rest my case then. smiley

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Kay17: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

[/color]

^^^ See the above?

Sometimes we shape and mould God into the image we wish to see him as. For the Father role, God supposedly plays, a ruthless streak of violence isn't ideal. The Saviour is tender, loving image towards those he redeems, whilst the Devil must take up all those bad characteristics we do not see in a father. The Devil is the antithesis of the Father, and a necessary danger through which God gains relevance.

MizMyColi:

Honestly?
To help their faith.
To propel their journey.

This is similar to walking down a path and lacking the courage to stop and retreat in order to find a better path.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kay17:

This is similar to walking down a path and lacking the courage to stop and retreat in order to find a better path.

Oh really?
Do you even have the faintest idea of where I coming from, where I'm at now and where I might be headed.

I feel you have more to say.

Care to expatiate?

I'll listen
That's a promise.

****modified****

Seriously!?
Lack Courage.

Huh!?

Now look dear, if you have no idea of where I am in this journey of life, the things I've had to let go of, the people I've had to let go of, leaving my otherwise comfort zone, where I supposedly had all the answers - and then towing this path?

You might wanna take a review at your use of the word, "Courage".

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by PastorOluT(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Honestly?

To help their faith.
To propel their journey.

'To encourage Christians my foot', but rather this thread will do nothing more than to confuse people (especially the simple). U speak as if u have got something to offer the Christendom, but nah sis 'cos no one can give what he/she don't have.

NB Now this is not meant to be an attack, its just that it shows inndicisiveness n confusion when one is neither here or there n yet hold opinion on both side.

I believe u have come against the word of Jesus, 'those that are not for us are against us, and those that are not gathering with us are scattering'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
PastorOluT:

'To encourage Christians my foot', but rather this thread will do nothing more than to confuse people (especially the simple). U speak as if u have got something to offer the Christendom, but nah sis 'cos no one can give what he/she don't have.

NB Now this is not meant to be an attack, its just that it shows inndicisiveness n confusion when one is neither here or there n yet hold opinion on both side.

I believe u have come against the word of Jesus, 'those that are not for us are against us, and those that are not gathering with us are scattering'.

Hmmmm......PastorOluT
Interesting! cool

[size=4pt]I feel like ranting this afternoon
Don't confuse my confusion and silence during religious arguments as stewpidity.[/size]

I take it that by confuse the simple, you mean, helping people discard their bipolar view of God (That he is a killer, a murderer)
The view your kind (Pastor) have so enslaved their mind(s) with?

Excuse me, talking about coming against the word of Jesus, was Jesus a Christian.
Owh, last time I read the bible, I observed that even though he attended "Synagogue", he was quite irritated at the Pharisaical attitude of the religious people of his day. So that makes Jesus also against himself?

So because, I'm not a christian, because I don't believe in your blood and fire thirsty god, because I choose not to gather under a "building" - I am scattering?

Puhhleeazzze, your last sentence sounds like what those in the occult would say.

Besides, last I read the bible, I remember Jesus prayed to his father that they may all be one.

You think of me as indecisive because I chose not to become one close minded religious, mind-controlled bigot.
Because I chose to let go and get myself detoxed from all the BS that has been taught to me bout God.

Well, good news, I am really confused.
I really do have a fundamental misunderstanding of reality
And I'd rather remain in this state if there's nothing better coming.

I will no longer practice a religion I am not sure of.
I will no longer surrender my life and entire being to teachings that I was programmed into.

I have chosen to go my own path.
To walk my own journey.
To discover for myself too.

You know the sweetest part.
I am not alone.
That I am sure of.
My being transcends this world.

And I know that someday, sometime, I'm going to manifest fully this vast ocean of boundlessness and infiniteness that I carry within.

Someday, I will come to realize (FULLY) that my BE-ING alone is all the proof I need of my Divinity.

Until then, I will keep speaking of the things I am sure of, the things I have witnessed for myself, until proven otherwise.

That, I can never go wrong living a life of love and compassion.

Check my siggy for more info cool

Good Afternoon.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by PastorOluT(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Hmmmm......PastorOluT
Interesting! cool

[size=4pt]I feel like ranting this afternoon
Don't confuse my confusion and silence during religious arguments as stewpidity.[/size]

I take it that by confuse the simple, you mean, helping people discard their bipolar view of God (That he is a killer, a murderer)
The view your kind (Pastor) have so enslaved their mind(s) with?

Excuse me, talking about coming against the word of Jesus, was Jesus a Christian.
Owh, last time I read the bible, I observed that even though he attended "Synagogue", he was quite irritated at the Pharisaical attitude of the religious people of his day. So that makes Jesus also against himself?

So because, I'm not a christian, because I don't believe in your blood and fire thirsty god, because I choose not to gather under a "building" - I am scattering?

Puhhleeazzze, your last sentence sounds like what those in the occult would say.

Besides, last I read the bible, I remember Jesus prayed to his father that they may all be one.

You think of me as indecisive because I chose not to become one close minded religious, mind-controlled bigot.
Because I chose to let go and get myself detoxed from all the BS that has been taught to me bout God.

Well, good news, I am really confused.
I really do have a fundamental misunderstanding of reality
And I'd rather remain in this state if there's noting better coming.

I will no longer practice a religion I am not sure of.
I will no longer surrender my life and entire being to teachings that I was programmed into.

I have chosen to go my own path.
To walk my own journey.
To discover for myself too.

You know the sweetest part.
I am not alone.
That I am sure of.
My being transcends this world.

And I know that someday, sometime, I'm going to manifest fully this vast ocean of boundlessness and infiniteness that I carry within.

Someday, I will come to realize (FULLY) that my BE-ING alone is all the proof I need of my Divinity.

Until then, I will keep speaking of the things I am sure of, the things I have witnessed for myself, until proven otherwise.

That, I can never go wrong living a life of love and compassion.

Check my siggy for more info cool

Good Afternoon.

All the best in ur search, bt when u truly become sincere with ur self u know where to look.

NB Sincerely, ow do u n other seek to encounter all u said about divinity?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Lolest.

Divinity.......The Divine.

That's who we are.

Our Humanity is all the pointer there is to our divinity.

There's force inside everyone, pure, raw force.

Some call it the Holy spirit.

The more you connect with it from within, the more you're able to surrender completely to this force that lives within, yet manifests without, the more you'll see yourself in the light of who you really are - Divine.

You really think I'm not sincere with self.
How sincere could I be than admitting my ignorance and casting down those things I once believed were "truths" and "absolutes"?

Tell me, how sincere?

I may not have seen it fully yet, but I've got my sight on it.

I needn't defend my stance to anyone.
If you are a walking on a path of self deceit, you will know.
If you're walking on a path of self liberation, you will know.

For there is a spirit in man.........................you know the rest.

PastorOluT:

All the best in ur search, bt when u truly become sincere with ur self u know where to look.

NB Sincerely, ow do u n other seek to encounter all u said about divinity?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by PastorOluT(m): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:
Lolest.

Divinity.......The Divine.

That's who we are.

Our Humanity is all the pointer there is to our divinity.

There's force inside everyone, pure, raw force.

Some call it the Holy spirit.

The more you connect with it from within, the more you're able to surrender completely to this force that lives within, yet manifests without, the more you'll see yourself in the light of who you really are - Divine.

You really think I'm not sincere with self.
How sincere could I be than admitting my ignorance and casting down those things I once believed were "truths" and "absolutes"?

Tell me, how sincere?

I may not have seen it fully yet, but I've got my sight on it.

I needn't defend my stance to anyone.
If you are a walking on a path of self deceit, you will know.
If you're walking on a path of self liberation, you will know.

For there is a spirit in man.........................you know the rest.

Good, so what informed ur knowledge on this, n if u say the bible so u know will have to quote to buttress ur point.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
PastorOluT:

Good, so what informed ur knowledge on this, n if u say the bible so u know will have to quote to buttress ur point.

See? that's the issue I have with Christians.

If I get a revelation that is not explicitly written in the bible, then it must be discarded.
The bible, instead of Jesus has become the standard for their lives.

Honestly, do you really think you can box God in some One thousand pages of one book, written by humans?
Fallible humans at that?

Owh maybe God spoke more actively in those days, maybe he created them specifically to write the bible and after that he closed his portal of revelations.

So if I do not have a bible verse to back up a reveation that resonates as VERY true in my spirit, then I must go for a psych eval of sorts or admit being under the influence of satan? undecided

Talking about what informed my decision, isn't it written somewhere in the bible that as Jesus Christ is, so am I?
Isn't it also written that I am a god?
As human as Jesus was, there is not a single iota of doubt about his Divinity. Why doubt mine?
Am I not SEATED with him in heavenly places, far above principalities and powers..........

I mean!?
What other proof do you need of how divine, how powerful, how limitless and boundless I am?

FYI
I am
A Student of Jesus
I want to be courageously human, a powerful expression of love, acceptance, peace, beauty, goodness, freedom and compassion in this world, and live without separation from myself, God, others and life… as I see Jesus did.

Y'see,
Honestly, these days, I don't even enjoy quoting the bible.
What do I need it for anyway, since the word of God lives in me.

Owh, I refer to it once in a while though - it's not utterly bad.
Whenever I'm led to pick up the bible again, I definitely will. I doubt that'd be anytime soon though.

I guess that's my punishment of sorts for elevating the bible above the creator himself.
For not realizing that the bible is a POINTER, not the POINT.

I would love to talk to you about my journey, how I got to where I am now - I mean "my confused state".
But I'll spare us the stress.
I sense that it'd be an exercise in futility.
wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Kay17: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

See? that's the issue I have with Christians.

If I get a revelation that is not explicitly written in the bible, then it must be discarded.
The bible, instead of Jesus has become the standard for their lives.

Honestly, do you really think you can box God in some One thousand pages of one book, written by humans?
Fallible humans at that?

Owh maybe God spoke more actively in those days, maybe he created them specifically to write the bible and after that he closed his portal of revelations.

So if I do not have a bible verse to back up a reveation that resonates as VERY true in my spirit, then I must go for a psych eval of sorts or admit being under the influence of satan? undecided

Talking about what informed my decision, isn't it written somewhere in the bible that as Jesus Christ is, so am I?
Isn't it also written that I am a god?
As human as Jesus was, there is not a single iota of doubt about his Divinity. Why doubt mine?
Am I not SEATED with him in heavenly places, far above principalities and powers..........

I mean!?
What other proof do you need of how divine, how powerful, how limitless and boundless I am?

FYI
I am
A Student of Jesus
I want to be courageously human, a powerful expression of love, acceptance, peace, beauty, goodness, freedom and compassion in this world, and live without separation from myself, God, others and life… as I see Jesus did.

Y'see,
Honestly, these days, I don't even enjoy quoting the bible.
What do I need it for anyway, since the word of God lives in me.

Owh, I refer to it once in a while though - it's not utterly bad.
Whenever I'm led to pick up the bible again, I definitely will. I doubt that'd be anytime soon though.

I guess that's my punishment of sorts for elevating the bible above the creator himself.
For not realizing that the bible is a POINTER, not the POINT.

I would love to talk to you about my journey, how I got to where I am now - I mean "my confused state".
But I'll spare us the stress.
I sense that it'd be an exercise in futility.
wink

And where is the line that separates you as a Christian from other spiritual occultists?

I attacked your lack of courage because the walls of Christianity which were once relied on, have crumbled. You have called the credibility and authenticity of the Bible is called into question, yet you believe the 'Christian journey'continues without a point of reference.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kay17:

And where is the line that separates you as a Christian from other spiritual occultists?

I attacked your lack of courage because the walls of Christianity which were once relied on, have crumbled. You have called the credibility and authenticity of the Bible is called into question, yet you believe the 'Christian journey'continues without a point of reference.

Please tell me exactly where I called the "credibility and authenticity" of the bible into question.

Look Sir, people of old didn't have a bible as we know it today.
Apostle John, while exiled in patmos didn't have one either.........
We only need one point of reference.
The spirirt of Christ in us, our only hope of glory. - Not the bible.

Without this spirit, a bible is useless, I mean a useless dead letter.
It is the spirit that gives it life.

Until Christians realize that they ought to search Jesus to find life in scriptures

AND

NOT, search Scriptures to find life in Jesus.........

Well, Sorry.

He didn't leave us with the bible while leaving this world........He left us his peace!

You see, the bible is good.
And I advise Everyone to grab a copy.

As for me, I need to stay away from it.
For over 20 years now, I was taught knowingly and unknowingly, to read it LITERALLY.
That caused me to almost self destruct.

I am going thru De-Tox.

Many Christians, Many, Many of them are in that shoe.
My Abba will open all our eyes.

Talking about spiritual christian occults
Hmmmm
New concept.

Please tell me more about them.

In other news sir, you might wanna stop being "christianfully" arrogant and give everyone grace.
Not all who wander is lost

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Kay17: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Please tell me exactly where I called the "credibility and authenticity" of the bible into question.

Look Sir, people of old didn't have a bible as we know it today.
Apostle John, while exiled in patmos didn't have one either.........
We only need one point of reference.
The spirirt of Christ in us, our only hope of glory. - Not the bible.

Without this spirit, a bible is useless, I mean a useless dead letter.
It is the spirit that gives it life.

Until Christians realize that they ought to search Jesus to find life in scriptures

AND

NOT, search Scriptures to find life in Jesus.........

Well, Sorry.

He didn't leave us with the bible while leaving this world........He left us his peace!

You see, the bible is good.
And I advise Everyone to grab a copy.

As for me, I need to stay away from it.
For over 20 years now, I was taught knowingly and unknowingly, to read it LITERALLY.
That caused me to almost self destruct.

I am going thru De-Tox.

Many Christians, Many, Many of them are in that shoe.
My Abba will open all our eyes.

Talking about spiritual christian occults
Hmmmm
New concept.

Please tell me more about them.

In other news sir, you might wanna stop being "christianfully" arrogant and give everyone grace.
Not all who wander is lost

I didn't say spiritual Christian occultists, rather I said spiritual occultists.

I'm not sure I got what you said clearly, do you accept the authenticity and credibility of the Bible unconditionally?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by honourhim: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Personally I believe that the bible is a pointer to the creator, not the point.

The God of good is contained in the bible, the God of bad is too.

I intend to point people to the one of Goodness, who transcends the bible and whatever box we choose to put Him/it.
I believe that, that one has no darkness in him at all.
I believe that, He is all GooD.

This is why I can never be called a Christian......as a christian, you must believe in Hellfire (Eternal), you must also believe in the god of the second part of Deuteronomy 28.

In all honesty?
That God, I mean the God of most parts of the bible? is my devil.

1. Are you implying that there are two different Gods in the bible- the God of good and the God of bad?
2. If you say yes, which one is the supreme God? Because obviously, evil and good are reigning in life, the one that is supreme should be able to prevail. Again the same God who sent evil upon people in the bible also sent good. How come the separation?

3. If you say its only one God and you still want to believe that only good things come from him, from whence came evil?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
honourhim:

1. Are you implying that there are two different Gods in the bible- the good God and the bad God?
2. If you say yes, which one is the supreme God? Because obviously, evil and good are reigning in life, the one that is supreme should be able to prevail.

3. If you say its only one God and you still want to believe that only good things come from him, from whence came evil?

Honestly?
I don't know.
I'm not sure of so many things about religion.

Which is why I carved out my own.
Check my siggy cool
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kay17:

I didn't say spiritual Christian occultists, rather I said spiritual occultists.

I'm not sure I got what you said clearly, do you accept the authenticity and credibility of the Bible unconditionally?

The only person/thing I accept unconditionally is My God and all that he represents.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by honourhim: 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Honestly?
I don't know.
I'm not sure of so many things about religion.

Which is why I carved out my own.
Check my siggy cool

Ok your answer is simple. But since the the same God that meted out evil to people in the scripture also did good, how come the separation?
I mean, he sent evil to the Egyptians so as to do good to the Isrealites. Many other cases like this in the bible. While his action may be an evil to a people in the bible, to the other people, same action is yielding good to them.

Again, carving out your own God does it really change anything in God? I mean if God is God of good and God of evil, will your carving him out as only good change the 'evil' side of him? If no, then whats the point carving out your own God? Is it not better to embrace him as he truly is according to the bible?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Kay17: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

The only person/thing I accept unconditionally is My God and all that he represents.

ok, how are you different from spiritualists and occultists?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kay17:

ok, how are you different from spiritualists and occultists?

I've never thought in those lines, so you tell me.

Btw,
Religion is for people who are afraid of Hell
Spirituality is for those who have been there.

I'd favour Spirituality over Religion anytime.

If it makes you feel/sleep any better, you can label me whatever you choose.
wink
G'nyt grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
honourhim:

Ok your answer is simple. But since the the same God that meted out evil to people in the scripture also did good, how come the separation?
I mean, he sent evil to the Egyptians so as to do good to the Isrealites. Many other cases like this in the bible. While his action may be an evil to a people in the bible, to the other people, same action is yielding good to them.

Again, carving out your own God does it really change anything in God? I mean if God is God of good and God of evil, will your carving him out as only good change the 'evil' side of him? If no, then whats the point carving out your own God? Is it not better to embrace him as he truly is according to the bible?

Humourhim tongue grin cool
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Kay17: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

I've never thought in those lines, so you tell me.

Btw,
Religion is for people who are afraid of Hell
Spirituality is for those who have been there.

I'd favour Spirituality over Religion anytime.

If it makes you feel/sleep any better, you can label me whatever you choose.
wink
G'nyt grin

You apparently despise the shallowness of organised religion and refuse to be associate with same, however you want identify with the label - Christian - and at the same time, bear no differences from spiritualist crowd (be it the unorthodox)?!

Of course to you, God necessarily exists as a Creator?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:35am On Oct 16, 2014
*smiling* i just read your first reply to @Xcapist. I also re-read your subsequent posts and couldnt help but smile.However, i want to know why you still label yourself a christian? Am beginning to see you as a secular humanist/Deist who still has some nostalgic feelings for christianity. Concerning the bible god i believe you are an atheist anyway!
Well, more than the labels am beginning to see you as a wonderful sweet person in real life. Hmmm...let me stop here for now.
Keep writing the inspiring posts.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
*smiling* i just read your first reply to @Xcapist. I also re-read your subsequent posts and couldnt help but smile.However, i want to know why you still label yourself a christian? Am beginning to see you as a secular humanist/Deist who still has some nostalgic feelings for christianity. Concerning the bible god i believe you are an atheist anyway!
Well, more than the labels am beginning to see you as a wonderful sweet person in real life. Hmmm...let me stop here for now.
Keep writing the inspiring posts.

You have no idea how far reaching those words were when I first read them this morning.

Thanks.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2014
I said this once, I'll say it again. MizMyColi is like a bridge that connects the best of two worlds; Atheism and Theism. It's an unlikely and apparently contradictory role by she seem to be playing it well and with much grace. And you really can't go wrong with love and compassion, can you? One other person that I similarly appreciate for his worldview is Ymodolus. I subscribe to your statement of 'faith' bro.

If religious people could relinguish their hubristic need to always be absolutely right about everything based on some ancient millenia old text and focus more on being more loving, kind and compassionate then religion will not be a seed of discord among us. God bless you MizMyColi. God bless you Ymodolus. God bless all Secular Humanists everywhere. God bless all peace loving people, God bless us all. And God bless me grin May we all grow in Grace and Love and find Inner Peace as we live out our respective Truths.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / "Gain Access To International Blessing With 1k" Pastor Says –Daddy Freeze Reacts / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.