Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! (20138 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 4:43am On Jul 22, 2016
^^^
yes Jesus knew He was God, and He knew that being stripped of His Godly glory
and becoming a human, that the Father was His God, as the Father is the God of all us human believers

just to add two more

Joh_10:30 I and my Father are one.

1Jn_5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

false jw say 1 John 5:7 is mistranslated, but even they believe the Father is God
and if it was mistranslated which I don't believe it was
there are verses showing that the Word is God
and there are verses showing that the Holy Ghost is God
so 1 John 5:7 if mistranslated or not, is true.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is to answer the objections and misconceptions from cults and false religions that plague this forum against both the deity of Christ Jesus and the doctrine of the Godhead otherwise known as the doctrine of Trinity.

Objection 1:

Misconceptions of who Jesus as the Son of God is:

There are those who claim that because Jesus is the Son of God, to them He must be a lesser God than God the Father. Among the ancients, however, an important meaning of the phrase "Son of" is "one who has the same nature as."

Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (John 5:18; 10:30; 19:7). He is thus not a lesser God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 3:27am On Jul 27, 2016
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Father let's us know that Jesus is indeed God, by calling Him that

Father also let's us know that He is the God of Jesus by saying so

Father said the Son is God, as John also says:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

the Son is God, the Son's God is His Father
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 3:29am On Jul 27, 2016
We should expect Satan, the adversary of God and the father of lies, to advance many variants of the person of Jesus Christ. Satan would want all the false views to succeed in some measure to lead people away from the true Jesus.

One may recall the temptations of Jesus by Satan in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1–11). The great deceiver even attempted to use Scripture to trick Jesus into sinning (Matthew 4:6). The tactic of the serpent in the garden was to deceive the woman by distorting the plain meaning of the Word of God (Genesis 3:1–6). Satan, through the serpent, quoted the words of God and abused their meaning. We must be aware of the devil’s devices (1 Corinthians 2:11).....................

Conclusion

The reality is that John 1:1–3 clearly reveals the deity of Jesus Christ, the Word, being the Creator God. As such it confirms many other passages in Scripture that teach that Christ is God. Early church fathers such as Ignatius, who was a disciple of John the Apostle, also recognized Jesus as God. The significance of this is a matter of salvation. Without the true Jesus, can one really be saved?

Click for more
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 7:05am On Jul 27, 2016
Mat_1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus Christ sprung from Mary and the Holy Spirit - God is His Father
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by rodDICK(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2016
this is one of the most insane topic I have seen on NL. are you talking about the JW we know or is it another group of christians?

I do not belong to a religious group because of the hypocrisy in religion. but if I were to begin associating with a religious group it would be Jehovah witnesses. no Christian group is up to their standard.

I know a few persons who are JW and they are so lovely. do you even know what a cult is?

OP you are embarrassing yourself by creating this thread.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
rodDICK:

this is one of the most insane topic I have seen on NL. are you talking about the JW we know or is it another group of christians?

I do not belong to a religious group because of the hypocrisy in religion. but if I were to begin associating with a religious group it would be Jehovah witnesses. no Christian group is up to their standard.

I know a few persons who are JW and they are so lovely. do you even know what a cult is?

You remind me of the biblical verse that says: where there is no vision the people perish. cry
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:10am On Jul 28, 2016
rodDICK:

a cult can be many things, for one, a group of people who follow other people and believes false prophecies etc, are a cult

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:24am On Jul 28, 2016
[size=19pt]am a Jehovah's Witness and we have never been thought to do bad things..[/size]

[size=19pt]please what is your definition of cultism?[/size]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:24am On Jul 28, 2016
[size=19pt]hmmmmmm[/size]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 3:14am On Jul 28, 2016
Jehovah’s witnesses are very strongly cultic in both doctrine and behaviour, thus fitting both categories of false doctrine and mind control.

They are not allowed to question the Watchtower leadership or teaching.

They claim you need to read the Watchtower’s magazines and other material in order to understand the Bible correctly. If you don’t read the Watchtower’s books, you will “fall into darkness” – what they call reverting to normal Christianity.

They have falsely predicted the end of the world five times.

They have just changed a major Watchtower prediction that the end of the world would come before the generation of Witnesses born before 1914 died.

Click for more
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
This is to answer the objections and misconceptions from cults and false religions that plague this forum against both the deity of Christ Jesus and the doctrine of the Godhead otherwise known as the doctrine of Trinity.

Objection 1:

Misconceptions of who Jesus as the Son of God is:

There are those who claim that because Jesus is the Son of God, to them He must be a lesser God than God the Father. Among the ancients, however, an important meaning of the phrase "Son of" is "one who has the same nature as."

Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (John 5:18; 10:30; 19:7). He is thus not a lesser God.

Objection 2:

The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus:

Some other cults and false religions object that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus. -AIG
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by Jozzy4: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Objection 2:

Some other cults and false religions object that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus. -AIG

The son will be subjected to his God and Father ( 1 cor 15:24-28).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by gmaribel(m): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Objection 2:

Jesus is the son of God and is referred to as such in the Bible both when in heaven and on earth. In heaven after his ressurection while giving a vision to John he made it clear that he was diffrent from God Rev 3:12....(Jesus speaking)I will make him a pillar in temple of My God....He did not say my temple, but the temple of my God. Just as he referred to his father as his God while on earth. John 20:17. At Rev 5:2 when the question was raised who is worthy to open the scroll that was in God's hand? None but the lamb Jesus was worthy.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2016
The Bible shows that Jesus is the Son of God
the Bible also shows that Jesus is God, with even the Father calling Jesus God.

You can believe the Bible is true, and so believe even the verses that you don't understand
or you can not believe the Bible which many do by not believing what is said there, and changing it.

As for Christians they believe through faith, even though some don't fully understand how Jesus is the Son of God and God

non believers cannot possibly even begin to understand, without God in them.
If you think the Holy Spirit is just God's power, then of course He is not in you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
gmaribel:

Jesus is the son of God and is referred to as such in the Bible both when in heaven and on earth. In heaven after his ressurection while giving a vision to John he made it clear that he was diffrent from God Rev 3:12....(Jesus speaking)I will make him a pillar in temple of My God....He did not say my temple, but the temple of my God. Just as he referred to his father as his God while on earth. John 20:17. At Rev 5:2 when the question was raised who is worthy to open the scroll that was in God's hand? None but the lamb Jesus was worthy.

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am" -- John 8:58 The Evidence Bible.

Was Jesus God in human form?

If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block.  Jesus was God manifest in human form.  If the Jews and other religious folks rejected Him, they rejected the Father also -- he who is of God hears God's words.  John later stated in his epistle,

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father, (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by gmaribel(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am" -- John 8:58 The Evidence Bible.

Was Jesus God in human form?

If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block.  Jesus was God manifest in human form.  If the Jews and other religious folks rejected Him, they rejected the Father also -- he who is of God hears God's words.  John later stated in his epistle,

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father, (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23).

Before Abraham I am, of course Jesus existed before Abraham. Col 1:15, 17 confirms this. As to your cheese analogy (I don't get it) my reply is the child of a Lion is a Lion. Phil 2:5-11is clear Jesus is the son of God and we acknowledged this to the glory of God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2016
gmaribel:

Before Abraham I am, of course Jesus existed before Abraham. Col 1:15, 17 confirms this. As to your cheese analogy (I don't get it) my reply is the child of a Lion is a Lion. Phil 2:5-11is clear Jesus is the son of God and we acknowledged this to the glory of God.

Jesus Christ did not only exist before Abraham He is self-existent and the eternal God.

I Am
July 30, 2016

"And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62)

After His arrest, "the chief priests and all the council sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death; and found none" (Mark 14:55). Then they got their sought-after witness from Jesus Himself when the high priest asked Him: "Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” (v. 61), and it only took two words from Him. "I Am!"

As a matter of fact, this was not the first time He had thus identified Himself as the self-existent, eternal God. On an earlier occasion in Jerusalem, He had told the Pharisees: "I am the light of the world," and then, "I am from above: . . . I am not of this world. . . . If ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:12, 23-24; the "he" in verse 24 is not in the Greek original).

He made this especially clear a few minutes later when He asserted: "Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58). But when He finally made this wonderfully truthful claim in the presence of the council, "they all condemned him to be guilty of death" (Mark 14:64). He had committed the capital crime of blasphemy in their opinion, by claiming to be God.

"I am" is, in fact, the very name of God. When Moses, at the burning bush, was called by God to deliver the Israelites from slavery, God said His name was "I AM THAT I AM" (Exodus 3:14). The name Jehovah (or Yahweh), the most frequently used name of the Lord in the Old Testament, is essentially this name.

One can count at least 196 "I am" claims of God in Christ (“I am the way, the truth, and the life,” for example—John 14:6) in the Bible. Truly, our Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal, self-existent God, "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Revelation 22:13). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by gmaribel(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus Christ did not only exist before Abraham He is self-existent and the eternal God.

Can't belive I just wasted my time trying to show an Anti Christ that Jesus is the Son of God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
gmaribel:

Can't belive I just wasted my time trying to show an Anti Christ that Jesus is the son of God.

Why would you say Jesus is the son of God and not the Son of God? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by gmaribel(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Why would you say Jesus is the son of God and not the Son of God? undecided
Typo error. angry
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
gmaribel:

Typo error. angry

It is well. smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 12:40am On Aug 01, 2016
gmaribel:

Can't belive I just wasted my time trying to show an Anti Christ that Jesus is the Son of God.

It is known by him that Jesus is the Son of God, your accusation is false

You don't understand how Jesus can be the Son of God and can be God
God, is God and the Word John 1:1

there are many Bible verses showing Jesus to be God
saying Jesus is not God as you do, is being an antichrist.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by johnw74: 7:15am On Aug 01, 2016
false jw say the Holy Spirit is not God

'Grieve Not the Holy Spirit'

By Charles H. Spurgeon

'Grieve not the Holy Spirit.'­Ephesians 4:30

All that the believer has must come from Christ, but it comes solely through the channel of
the Spirit of grace. Moreover, as all blessings thus flow to you through the Holy Spirit, so also no
good thing can come out of you in holy thought, devout worship, or gracious act, apart from the
sanctifying operation of the same Spirit. Even if the good seed be sown in you, yet it lies
dormant except He worketh in you to will and to do of His own good pleasure.

Do you desire to speak for Jesus­-how can you unless the Holy Ghost touch your tongue?
Do you desire to pray? Alas! what dull work it is unless the Spirit maketh intercession for you!
Do you desire to subdue sin? Would you be holy? Would you imitate your Master? Do you
desire to rise to superlative heights of spirituality? Are you wanting to be made like the angels of
God, full of zeal and ardour for the Master's cause?

You cannot without the Spirit-­'Without me ye can do nothing.' O branch of the vine, thou
canst have no fruit without the sap! O child of God, thou hast no life within thee apart from the
life which God gives thee through His Spirit! Then let us not grieve Him or provoke Him to
anger by our sin. Let us not quench Him in one of His faintest motions in our soul; let us foster
every suggestion, and be ready to obey every prompting.

If the Holy Spirit be indeed so mighty, let us attempt nothing without Him; let us begin no
project, and carry on no enterprise, and conclude no transaction, without imploring His blessing.
Let us do Him the due homage of feeling our entire weakness apart from Him, and then
depending alone upon Him, having this for our prayer, 'Open Thou my heart and my whole
being to Thine incoming, and uphold me with Thy free Spirit when I shall have received that
Spirit in my inward parts.'
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Objection 2:

Objection 3. 

Jesus Is the Firstborn:

Some cults argue that because Jesus is the "firstborn of creation" (Colosians 1:15), He is a created being and hence cannot be truly God.  Biblically, however, Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colosians 1:16; John 1:3). 

The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "the first in rank" and "pre-eminent" over the creation He brought into being.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2016
EkeneElectrons:
[size=19pt]

am a Jehovah's Witness and we have never been thought to do bad things..[/size]

[size=19pt]please what is your definition of cultism?[/size]

Here's the link that answers your question. smiley

http://www.gotquestions.org/cult-definition.html
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by EkeneElectrons(m): 10:49am On Aug 05, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Here's the link that answers your question. smiley

http://www.gotquestions.org/cult-definition.html

stay there now, make satan dey win una.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by paulGrundy(m): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

stay there now, make satan dey win una.

Try and check out this link.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:28am On Aug 06, 2016
paulGrundy:

who wrote it? na human? demon? or God?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:32am On Aug 06, 2016
paulGrundy:

have read it, didn't see any meaningful thing all i see is an inspired writting from unknown source through an imperfect human
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by paulGrundy(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

have read it, didn't see any meaningful thing all i see is an inspired writting from unknown source through an imperfect human

You did not read it! Ok tell me one or two things about what is written there.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! by EkeneElectrons(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2016
paulGrundy:

You did not read it! Ok tell me one or two things about what is written there.

Mr man, if you like believe what you read there, is you that know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit? / Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.