Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525912 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 10:00am On Nov 18, 2015
Medview will begin operations to London Gat. this Friday. Will just like to know anyone's take on it. i am considering booking them, it is the cheapest available right now. is it advisable to book or wait till they make their first trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2015
How much do you spend each month on living cost?
What is the cost to you personally for your trip in pounds?
What is the total amount of money you have for this trip?
What is the cost of your living expenses?

Gurus in the house please help, this questions are confusing for me all of a sudden, i need prompt help with how to answer them and apportion figures, i asked for insight already here ytdy around 4pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Vuitton007:

Gurus in the house please help, this questions are confusing for me all of a sudden, i need prompt help with how to answer them and apportion figures, i asked for insight already here ytdy around 4pm.

Anyone here to help with answers asap please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trapezius: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2015
Hello all, am applying for the UK visit visa for the first time and my uncle, who is a citizen wants to send me an invitation. Please what are the documents to request from him and what other documents will I also attach to my application. I work in a bank and intend to travel for my holidays. Thanks and eagerly waiting for responses or guide on how to go about everything.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2015
chukyrooy:
Medview will begin operations to London Gat. this Friday. Will just like to know anyone's take on it. i am considering booking them, it is the cheapest available right now. is it advisable to book or wait till they make their first trip?

It's a great milestone in our Aviation Industry.

N149,000 Lagos to London is a good, but I doubt if the elites will fly Medview due to the "Nigerian factor"

Will try it IF they're operating with a new Airbus or Boeing. 6hours on air is no joke.

Congratulations to Medview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2015
trapezius:
Hello all, am applying for the UK visit visa for the first time and my uncle, who is a citizen wants to send me an invitation. Please what are the documents to request from him and what other documents will I also attach to my application. I work in a bank and intend to travel for my holidays. Thanks and eagerly waiting for responses or guide on how to go about everything.

This is the umpteenth time we're responding to these questions.

If your uncle is providing accommodation, he needs to send you his mortgage bill, utility bill, copy of his passport data page with clear evidence of his immigration status in the UK. A letter of invitation clearly stating he will accommodate and provide feeding for the duration of your stay.

On your part, you will need your 6 months pay slip, 6 months bank statement, employment letter, introduction letter from company, leave letter and other documents to proof your ties to Nigeria, this may be property documents, shares documents, inheritance, marriage certificate, children birth certificate etc.

For your financial accounts, make sure there are regular activities and no money lodgement. You must also demonstrate to the ECO that you will not become a financial burden to the UK Government or decide not to return to Nigeria.

The more reasons they see that you have, that must bring you back to Nigeria, the better your chances for a visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2015
hello all.

please im travelling to uk for the first time as a tourist and i dont know anyone in the uk.
but my cousin wants me to help him give his fiance two packs of soap .... which i will buy myself ( i cant collect any good from anyone with what i have heard so far on the internet).
My plight is will they check my luggage to see whats in my luggage.
thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2015
prayerrain:
hello all.

please im travelling to uk for the first time as a tourist and i dont know anyone in the uk.
but my cousin wants me to help him give his fiance two packs of soap .... which i will buy myself ( i cant collect any good from anyone with what i have heard so far on the internet).
thank you

What exactly are you buying, bar soap?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
Vuitton007:

Next time you must read the thread thoroughly because these same questions have been treated here severally.

(a) How much you spend monthly in Nigeria for Feeding, transportation, utility bills, subscription etc. Sum it up, then convert to "£"using www.oanda.com

(b) Total you wish to spend on the trip, sum up feeding, accommodation, aeroplane, transportation (Be realistic with your budget and it must commensurate with your financial circumstances)

(c) Same as (b) accept you want to add miscellaneous.

(d) Amount you want to spend in the UK for food, transport, shopping, tour etc

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Next time you must read the thread thoroughly because these same questions have been treated here severally.

(a) How much you spend monthly in Nigeria for Feeding, transportation, utility bills, subscription etc. Sum it up, then convert to "£"using www.oanda.com

(b) Total you wish to spend on the trip, sum up feeding, accommodation, aeroplane, transportation (Be realistic with your budget and it must commensurate with your financial circumstances)

(c) Same as (b) accept you want to add miscellaneous.

(d) Amount you want to spend in the UK for food, transport, shopping, tour etc

Life saver you are, thanks! got it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Vuitton007:

Life saver you are, thanks! got it.

You're always welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trapezius: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
@FrontPageLawyer thank you very much for the response. But please, my uncle has a house in London, will I still tell him to send mortgage bill?

FrontPageLawyer:

This is the umpteenth time we're responding to these questions.

If your uncle is providing accommodation, he needs to send you his mortgage bill, utility bill, copy of his passport data page with clear evidence of his immigration status in the UK. A letter of invitation clearly stating he will accommodate and provide feeding for the duration of your stay.

On your part, you will need your 6 months pay slip, 6 months bank statement, employment letter, introduction letter from company, leave letter and other documents to proof your ties to Nigeria, this may be property documents, shares documents, inheritance, marriage certificate, children birth certificate etc.

For your financial accounts, make sure there are regular activities and no money lodgement. You must also demonstrate to the ECO that you will not become a financial burden to the UK Government or decide not to return to Nigeria.

The more reasons they see that you have, that must bring you back to Nigeria, the better your chances for a visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

What exactly are you buying, bar soap?
yes sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

It's a great milestone in our Aviation Industry.

N149,000 Lagos to London is a good, but I doubt if the elites will fly Medview due to the "Nigerian factor"

Will try it IF they're operating with a new Airbus or Boeing. 6hours on air is no joke.

Congratulations to Medview.

Thanks...might go for it then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
I 'be got some pounds to sell, about 370 pounds.Just came back from the UK and I've got some unspent pounds.I bought them at the black market some three weeks ago when travelling and will be willing to sell. You may reply this message if you are interested and you live in lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tinglesbabe: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hi gurus justwise frontpagel etc Im having difficulties filling my tourist visa. Form. I will like you to advise or suggest best answers to this questions baring in mind that I have studied , NIved and worked in the uk on tier 4 and post study visa and came back home just before it ran out. Here are the questions im struggling with . 1. Do you have a uk NI number and what is the reason for getting it? Yes I had one and I know you need an NI number to work so wondering the best reason to state. 2. Do you have a relative in the uk and will you be visiting or staying with them. I have a brothet doing his phd in the uk and I will visit him as im going to the same city he lives in but I will stay in a hotel with my toddler . im wondering if he has to write an invitation letter if i answer yes to this question. 3 . Have you received medical treatment in the uk ,Did you pay for medical treatment and when did. reatment start and end? Honestly I dont know what to say here cos i dont remember hiw many times i wemt or even the dates. I remember we dont pay for consultation but in england I paid for medication. 5.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
funlover1:
I 'be got some pounds to sell, about 370 pounds.Just came back from the UK and I've got some unspent pounds.I bought them at the black market some three weeks ago when travelling and will be willing to sell. You may reply this message if you are interested and you live in lagos

Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your trip? How much are you selling?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
tinglesbabe:
Hi gurus justwise frontpagel etc Im having difficulties filling my tourist visa. Form. I will like you to advise or suggest best answers to this questions baring in mind that I have studied , NIved and worked in the uk on tier 4 and post study visa and came back home just before it ran out. Here are the questions im struggling with . 1. Do you have a uk NI number and what is the reason for getting it? Yes I had one and I know you need an NI number to work so wondering the best reason to state. 2. Do you have a relative in the uk and will you be visiting or staying with them. I have a brothet doing his phd in the uk and I will visit him as im going to the same city he lives in but I will stay in a hotel with my toddler . im wondering if he has to write an invitation letter if i answer yes to this question. 3 . Have you received medical treatment in the uk ,Did you pay for medical treatment and when did. reatment start and end? Honestly I dont know what to say here cos i dont remember hiw many times i wemt or even the dates. I remember we dont pay for consultation but in england I paid for medication. 5.

@Justwise will attend to this.

Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OkeyEche: 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
justwise:
Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed 400 pages.

Part2 is here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
I wan apply ooo can u help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your trip? How much are you selling?

Baba..i enjoyed the trip, it was awesome.

I am selling at N350 to 1 pound. I also bought from black market ni o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bahf: 12:43am On Nov 19, 2015
Good evening gurus in the house,

please i need help/advise

I applied for UK visa with my spouse and two children to attend my graduation. we were all given visas with the exception of my son (aged 4)who was refused a visa (He has traveled to the UK before oo). His sibling aged 6 months was given visa. we included birth certificates and all necessary documentation. In view of the graduation date, we applied for him again and paid for priority processing which is supposed to take 5 working days. however it is 9 working days now and we are yet to get any response.

More worrisome is the fact that last notification i got, which was the day after we applied was "Your UK visa application has now been sent to UK Visas & Immigration for processing". i haven't gotten any other notification, i even went to the VI center to check whether it was ready and i just didn't get any notification, to no avail.

My travel date is in a few days time and i have bought our tickets.

What can i do?

Please help me.

This was the reason given (verbatim) for the visa refusal

I have refused your application for a visit visa beavsue i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs 4.2(a), (b) and (e) and 4.11 of Appendix V: Immigration rules for visitors because
In consideraing your application, i am mindful of your age and also aware that the UK border agency has a duty of care for child welfare under section 55 of Borders citizenship and immigration rAct. it is therefore imperative i be fully satisfied with your reception and care arrangements in the UK for you. i also need to be fully satisfied that your welfare needs are met once the child arrives in the UK. in deciding to refuse your application, i have noted the following:

you are proposing to visit the United Kingdom with your father and mother. i note that no original birth certificate has been submitted for you,medical records,family pictures or school reports to confirm relationship

i am therefore not satisfied that you meet all the requirements of paragraphs 4.2(a), (b) and (e) and 4.11 of Appendix V:
for one of my children , under
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 4:01am On Nov 19, 2015
prayerrain:
hello all.

thank you
You can travel with soap but make sure you buy it yourself. If you claimed in your application that you don't know anyone in UK, make sure you stick to that in case they ask you questions at point of entry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 4:05am On Nov 19, 2015
funlover1:
Go and sell it at black market you don't need to advertise it, at least for security reasons
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Go and sell it at black market you don't need to advertise it, at least for security reasons
Ok boss!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2015
tinglesbabe:

Unless you got something to hide just tell the truth.
Do you have NI - ans is yes
Do you have relatives - ans is yes
Will you visit or stay with them - ans is yes
Did you get medical treatment - ans is yes . You already said you paid for medication so you used NHS. By the way medication although paid for is still subsidised because of NHS. If you can remember all the times you went to the hospital then say just that. You don't remember and it's between this year and that year. Just give details of the NHS surgery you visited e.g the address.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2015
tinglesbabe:

1. Yes and why? To be able to work part time.

2. Yes I do but I will not be staying with him as I have booked hotel accommodation but will visit him.

3. If you have say yes and explain what sort of treatment and how much you paid.

All the above questions are testing your honesty and integrity, giving misleading info is just waste of time because they will still find out if they want.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 11:02am On Nov 19, 2015
tinglesbabe:

The fact is that you can tell the truth and you still might get refused, but no further action will happen.

If you tell lies or omit some things you could get a ten year ban, which does not look good on your record .

Telling the truth is always the best thing.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hello peeps , good morning. please how do one pay for priority service for visa processing?can it be done at the submission centre,? And do they keep to the five working days stated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
tinglesbabe:
Hi gurus justwise frontpagel etc Im having difficulties filling my tourist visa. Form. I will like you to advise or suggest best answers to this questions baring in mind that I have studied , NIved and worked in the uk on tier 4 and post study visa and came back home just before it ran out. Here are the questions im struggling with .
1. Do you have a uk NI number and what is the reason for getting it? Yes I had one and I know you need an NI number to work so wondering the best reason to state.
2. Do you have a relative in the uk and will you be visiting or staying with them. I have a brothet doing his phd in the uk and I will visit him as im going to the same city he lives in but I will stay in a hotel with my toddler . im wondering if he has to write an invitation letter if i answer yes to this question.
3 . Have you received medical treatment in the uk ,Did you pay for medical treatment and when did. reatment start and end? Honestly I dont know what to say here cos i dont remember hiw many times i wemt or even the dates. I remember we dont pay for consultation but in england I paid for medication. 5.

I had almost the same issues with you. This was how i did it:

1. I gave them the NI number and told them the reason was to get foreign work experience to boost my work prospects at home.
2. I told them i had relatives in the UK and gave their information and answered "YES" for visit or stay. IN the additional information, i explained that i will just visit but not stay. Will stay in the hotel.
3. Have you received treatment - YES. Did you pay - NO. Date: Gave the one that i had information on. Went on to to explain in the additional information that i had several visits to the hospital as i was living there long term and was permitted to use NHS free.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bashbabe2: 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
@justwise.
I'm resident in the UK, I had time off work and due to go back in January. will like my fiance to join me by June- July next year after our wedding in April. What exactly are the things we need for the spousal visa. Looking forward to your response. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dreykye: 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
Thanks smiley

justwise:

No it will not be cancelled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
bashbabe2:
@justwise.
I'm resident in the UK, I had time off work and due to go back in January. will like my fiance to join me by June- July next year after our wedding in April. What exactly are the things we need for the spousal visa. Looking forward to your response. Thanks

This is the thread you need https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/119

Everything about spouse visa is there, you can read from page 0 then jump to last 10 pages, many people listed all documents needed and their time line as well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.