Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524789 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
dreykye:
Thanks smiley

No worries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bahf: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
@Justwise

please i need help/advise

I applied for UK visa with my spouse and two children to attend my graduation. we were all given visas with the exception of my son (aged 4)who was refused a visa (He has traveled to the UK before oo). His sibling aged 6 months was given visa. we included birth certificates and all necessary documentation. In view of the graduation date, we applied for him again and paid for priority processing which is supposed to take 5 working days. however it is 9 working days now and we are yet to get any response.

More worrisome is the fact that last notification i got, which was the day after we applied was "Your UK visa application has now been sent to UK Visas & Immigration for processing". i haven't gotten any other notification, i even went to the VI center to check whether it was ready and i just didn't get any notification, to no avail.

My travel date is in a few days time and i have bought our tickets.

What can i do?

Please help me.

This was the reason given (verbatim) for the visa refusal

I have refused your application for a visit visa beavsue i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs 4.2(a), (b) and (e) and 4.11 of Appendix V: Immigration rules for visitors because
In consideraing your application, i am mindful of your age and also aware that the UK border agency has a duty of care for child welfare under section 55 of Borders citizenship and immigration rAct. it is therefore imperative i be fully satisfied with your reception and care arrangements in the UK for you. i also need to be fully satisfied that your welfare needs are met once the child arrives in the UK. in deciding to refuse your application, i have noted the following:

you are proposing to visit the United Kingdom with your father and mother. i note that no original birth certificate has been submitted for you,medical records,family pictures or school reports to confirm relationship

i am therefore not satisfied that you meet all the requirements of paragraphs 4.2(a), (b) and (e) and 4.11 of Appendix V:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
funlover1:

Baba..i enjoyed the trip, it was awesome.

I am selling at N350 to 1 pound. I also bought from black market ni o
Not bad cos that's how much it is to send here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
bahf:
@Justwise

please i need help/advise

I applied for UK visa with my spouse and two children to attend my graduation. we were all given visas with the exception of my son (aged 4)who was refused a visa (He has traveled to the UK before oo). His sibling aged 6 months was given visa. we included birth certificates and all necessary documentation. In view of the graduation date, we applied for him again and paid for priority processing which is supposed to take 5 working days. however it is 9 working days now and we are yet to get any response.

More worrisome is the fact that last notification i got, which was the day after we applied was "Your UK visa application has now been sent to UK Visas & Immigration for processing". i haven't gotten any other notification, i even went to the VI center to check whether it was ready and i just didn't get any notification, to no avail.

My travel date is in a few days time and i have bought our tickets.

What can i do?

Please help me.

This was the reason given (verbatim) for the visa refusal

I have refused your application for a visit visa beavsue i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs 4.2(a), (b) and (e) and 4.11 of Appendix V: Immigration rules for visitors because
In consideraing your application, i am mindful of your age and also aware that the UK border agency has a duty of care for child welfare under section 55 of Borders citizenship and immigration rAct. it is therefore imperative i be fully satisfied with your reception and care arrangements in the UK for you. i also need to be fully satisfied that your welfare needs are met once the child arrives in the UK. in deciding to refuse your application, i have noted the following:

you are proposing to visit the United Kingdom with your father and mother. i note that no original birth certificate has been submitted for you,medical records,family pictures or school reports to confirm relationship

i am therefore not satisfied that you meet all the requirements of paragraphs 4.2(a), (b) and (e) and 4.11 of Appendix V:

Did you submit those documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
justwise:

Did you submit those documents?

@Justwise, please which medical records do they refer to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

@Justwise, please which medical records do they refer to?

Any medical record the child has, i guess there must be a reason why they requested for that considering the child's age.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bahf: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yes I did.
Submitted birth certificate, school receipts and records, family and school pictures. I didn't understand the medical records requested for.
Also submitted letter of consent.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bahf: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
But his sibling who is 6 months got visa and same documents was submitted for both of them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bahf: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
My main concern now is not the initial denial, but the delayed response from the second application we made for him.

its taken longer than the 5 working days (its 9 working days gone already) for priority processing and i haven't even gotten any notification that it has been received by the UK Visas and immigration. Tickets have been purchased for next week.

When we made the first application which was not priority, we got our visas within 10 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
bahf:
My main concern now is not the initial denial, but the delayed response from the second application we made for him.

its taken longer than the 5 working days (its 9 working days gone already) for priority processing and i haven't even gotten any notification that it has been received by the UK Visas and immigration. Tickets have been purchased for next week.

When we made the first application which was not priority, we got our visas within 10 working days.

That time scale is not always followed strictly, for some people it take a lot longer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bahf: 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Okay thank you.

But is there anything i can do? any address i can send an email to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
bahf:
Yes I did.
Submitted birth certificate, school receipts and records, family and school pictures. I didn't understand the medical records requested for.
Also submitted letter of consent.
Thanks

I was told of someone that was refused for not including Invitation Letter meanwhile he did, so he just re-applied with same documents and got visa. At times all this are human error
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

You can travel with soap but make sure you buy it yourself. If you claimed in your application that you don't know anyone in UK, make sure you stick to that in case they ask you questions at point of entry.

If you have a tourist visa and at the POE you mention anything like staying with brother, sister, uncle etc before you know whats happening you will find yourself in a place called "MMIA". grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 12:25am On Nov 20, 2015
iblaw:

If you have a tourist visa and at the POE you mention anything like staying with brother, sister, uncle etc before you know whats happening you will find yourself in a place called "MMIA". grin
That is not true. If you mentioned it in your application that you have family or friends in UK. You can choose to stay with them. I was in Scotland 2013, I stayed with a friend for 36 days. Also I was in London (Milton Keynes) last year November for 12 days. I told the officer at POE that I will be staying with a family.
But if you failed to disclose that you have family or friends then you have to book hotel to cover duration of your stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kevinoh: 7:14am On Nov 20, 2015
Good morning my people,

I got a mail since thursday morning last week that a decision has been made and uptil this moment I have not heard from them.

Please is this normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2015
Kevinoh:
Good morning my people,

I got a mail since thursday morning last week that a decision has been made and uptil this moment I have not heard from them.

Please is this normal?

Send a query to TLScontact through their website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
Decision was made on my wife UK visa application on November 11th but up till today they never call her for pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tudun: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hello,
I have applied for a general visit visa for over 3months, I have called and made several phone calls to the embassy, they kept saying my query has been escalated, at a point I got a message from Sheffield visa section that there has been delay because my application was not straightforward and that they will contact me directly, it's been over two weeks and they are yet to contact me, now I wish to withdraw the application because I plan to travel to another country soon, please what do you think could be wrong and how long does it take for them to return my passport if I chose to withdraw the application.
Thank you and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kevinoh: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Send a query to TLScontact through their website.

Thanks for your response, will do as suggested.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 12:13am On Nov 21, 2015
Hi guys,
Please i have submitted my application and my appointment is on monday,23rd November.I just called the hotel i proposed to stay in,and they told me that they cannot send me an email confirmation of the hotel reservation.That anybody that wants to confirm my reservation can do that over the phone.Please what do i do?Will not including the email for hotel reservation in my application pose a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aibisoye: 7:45am On Nov 21, 2015
did you use booking.com?

when you book an hotel on-line you receive a notification in your mail box. Just print that notification out and include it.

BR,
veecee29:
Hi guys,
Please i have submitted my application and my appointment is on monday,23rd November.I just called the hotel i proposed to stay in,and they told me that they cannot send me an email confirmation of the hotel reservation.That anybody that wants to confirm my reservation can do that over the phone.Please what do i do?Will not including the email for hotel reservation in my application pose a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:14am On Nov 21, 2015
veecee29:
Hi guys,

From what I understand, once a hotel has been booked, you'll always receive a confirmation email sent to your mailbox.

Your case is tricky; The ECO wants to see evidence of your hotel reservation clearly stating your full names, the dates of check-in and out, the hotel address, telephone and email contact details, because it is not in all cases a call is placed to a hotel for confirmation. On this subject, I'm afraid your application might be refused because.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bbken: 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
Good evening everyone!
Please help a sister in need, its very urgent,
My husband was on Tier 1 Visa and early this year got his settlement Leave to remain, we are legally married. Am in Nigeria and am trying to make my visa application to join him, we ve gathered all the documents required by God's grace and have booked a date on 21 of this month but we having issues on the health sur charge when filling the form on line, its showing that we are to pay $2800 USD which is just out of place because before that application I checked on line and it's 6000 pounds and the major problem is that there is no route of going back to make corrections on my application, please am confused and I don't know what do and how to go about it.
Secondly I want to pay for the visa fee in Abuja but it seems I can not directly to them here as it must be online, please I need help as time is not on my side.
Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abiso: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
My travelling date is 26th but I have not receive any mail to pick up my passport from TLS.
Is it appropriate to walk into their office and request for it and if possible, what are the things needed for collection.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Abiso:
Hello everyone,
My travelling date is 26th but I have not receive any mail to pick up my passport from TLS.
Is it appropriate to walk into their office and request for it and if possible, what are the things needed for collection.
Thanks

Have you received a mail from UKBA that a decision has been made on your application? If yes, you should send a query to TLScontact through their website to confirm if they have your packet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:15am On Nov 23, 2015
veecee29:
Hi guys,

cant you just book any free cancellation booking on www.booking.com?
and then just add the confirmed reservation?

then post it to them asap, with your application reference hoping they will pick it up before a decision is made.

I use that site all the time, but make sure you get one is free cancellation up until 24 hours before check in smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by maestro03: 1:18am On Nov 23, 2015
Abiso:
Hello everyone,
Thanks

Why would you buy your ticket before getting your visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.