Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,812 members, 7,837,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1539140 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 03, 2017
missoredipe:

Yes, I got a mail from TLS contact
alright. I would be expecting my mail too by Gods grace.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:23am On Jun 03, 2017
Fiyinfoluwa20:
Hello Guys, I would be travelling to the UK for the first time next week for legit business, I have a passport I have never travelled with before and I was once denied a UK VISA on that passport, note that I never used that passport to travel and it has expired, do I need to carry it with me?

No travel only with your current passport with visa. You only carry your expired passport with you if there is a valid visa on it.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2017
Stanleych007:
Please gurus can I apply with a 5months bank statement and I was denied a visa 4years ago while I was working with a different firm, I have since moved to another company which I have valid bank statement showing my salary deposits, Can I still apply considering my new status? Urgent response needed

Did you open the bank account after you joined this firm?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Engineer3: 10:28am On Jun 03, 2017
ekpotek:

No it must be 6 months unless the account is less than 6 months old. This you must explain in a cover note.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2017
Brightingsus:

Would advise you to renew your passport first. That's a red light as it will make the Entry Clearance Officer doubt that you would return when you should. What I know is you should not use a passport which validity expires before the end of the term of the visa sought unless it is a settlement visa. Nevertheless I'll allow the more experienced on this forum answer the second bit of your question.

shocked undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2017
gracykay:
All the gurus, oga justwise, travelland and all otyers please come oooo is urgent.
I am a postgraduate student at the moment in U.I. I had to quit work in a law firm as a practitioner because of school as the firm is in the east and they wouldn't accommodate full time study. I was invited by British boyfriend to UK and he intended sponsoring all things. He sent all documents required of him and I applied for a tourist visa on the 7th of may 2017. Along side all his documents, I attached a letter from my school registra, pictures taken with my boyfriend when he came back last Christmas, snapshots of our conversations all these while, a letter of consent from my mum and a closing deposit of 700k in my savings account.
I was refused visa and the decision is as below:
I am aware of your sponsor's offer to fund this visit however, in order to assess your intentions in the UK I must consider your personal circumstances and I note that you have not submitted satisfactory documents to verify your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. From the documents provided I am unable to confirm that you have strong financial and personal ties in nigeria that would give you a compelling reason to leave the UK at the end of your visit. You have provided a letter from the university of Ibadan which appears to confirm that you are a student at that institution, but no documents showing studies or academic achievement from the university of Ibadan. You have provided no documents showing that you have recently been visited by your Uk sponsor or when you last met. Without seeing such documents I am not satisfied that you circumstances are as stated by you in Nigeria, that your relationship is genuine, and that you intend to leave for extended periods in the United Kingdom through frequent or successive visits or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months. There is no right of appeal or administrative review.

Now my questions what documents do I need to attach considering the below:
1. When I applied, I was finishing my 2 semester exam and has started looking out for job. Now that I have gotten a firm where i work as a freelance considering the fact I am still running my law masters programme. I still do all my personal soliciting jobs.
2. I have a cucumber farm.
3. My sponsor and I have been dating for 2years now.
4. My masters programme is officially ending by October/November depending.
5. When next can I apply.
Please help a sister.

Sorry I'm late responding to this, I was quite busy. What they want is string evidence that you will return to Nigeria so what you do is to provide the evidence they need

How? Give them evidence of strong ties to Nigeria. Remember that you are single and in their opinion nothing will stop you from remaining in their country so, if you already have your NYSC call up letter, include a certified copy, if your parents have property documents (include certified copies), if you have shares and investments (include them), add your previous schools fees receipts etc I can go on but my ogas on here have done a good job already. Wish you luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2017
Engineer3:
Hello Guru's in the house. I would like to know if I can use 5 months Bank Statement to apply for UK standard Visa.

No, it's not advisable. Even if the account is less than six months you should include your previous account with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ekpotek, justwise, travellland. .pls help a bro. Next week Monday will make it 20 working days since I had my biometrics at tls ikeja. I'm yet to receive a decision mail. The last mail I got was a week after biometrics which was the usual 'application received at Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by the ECO'. Since then no info, I have been tracking on tls site , no show. I sent a mail on Thurs, for which I paid almost £6. No reply as at the time of typing this post. My travel date is close by, what should I do, any idea what may be going on? Thanks! I applied for a standard visitor visa, 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
gracykay:
All the gurus, oga justwise, travelland and all otyers please come oooo is urgent.
I am a postgraduate student at the moment in U.I. I had to quit work in a law firm as a practitioner because of school as the firm is in the east and they wouldn't accommodate full time study. I was invited by British boyfriend to UK and he intended sponsoring all things. He sent all documents required of him and I applied for a tourist visa on the 7th of may 2017. Along side all his documents, I attached a letter from my school registra, pictures taken with my boyfriend when he came back last Christmas, snapshots of our conversations all these while, a letter of consent from my mum and a closing deposit of 700k in my savings account.
I was refused visa and the decision is as below:
I am aware of your sponsor's offer to fund this visit however, in order to assess your intentions in the UK I must consider your personal circumstances and I note that you have not submitted satisfactory documents to verify your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. From the documents provided I am unable to confirm that you have strong financial and personal ties in nigeria that would give you a compelling reason to leave the UK at the end of your visit. You have provided a letter from the university of Ibadan which appears to confirm that you are a student at that institution, but no documents showing studies or academic achievement from the university of Ibadan. You have provided no documents showing that you have recently been visited by your Uk sponsor or when you last met. Without seeing such documents I am not satisfied that you circumstances are as stated by you in Nigeria, that your relationship is genuine, and that you intend to leave for extended periods in the United Kingdom through frequent or successive visits or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months. There is no right of appeal or administrative review.

Now my questions what documents do I need to attach considering the below:
1. When I applied, I was finishing my 2 semester exam and has started looking out for job. Now that I have gotten a firm where i work as a freelance considering the fact I am still running my law masters programme. I still do all my personal soliciting jobs.
2. I have a cucumber farm.
3. My sponsor and I have been dating for 2years now.
4. My masters programme is officially ending by October/November depending.
5. When next can I apply.
Please help a sister.

Sorry to hear about your refusal. It is very unfortunate. Although you have been encouraged to reapply adding more document to prove the relationship with your UK-based boyfriend, financial or economic ties to Nigeria. I would rather advise you not to waste your money. The home office is particularly very good at refusing visa applicants for such intention as to visit boyfriend/girlfriend no matter the documents you submit. Their thinking is nothing can compel you will leave the UK after your visit as stated in the refusal letter. There is no way you can proof otherwise since you are still a student, single and depending on your parents. This is due to the fact that many applicants known to home office visit their boyfriend/girlfriend in the UK are likely to overstay, get married, etc. I would suggest that you complete you Master, get a job and build your financial and personal home ties, to the point that you can get visitor visa on your own merit. An alternative option would be, if you're truly in serious relationship with your UK-based boyfriend, then plan toward marriage and then applied to join him via spouse visa route. The home office believed that it is easier and less risky for your UK-based boyfriend to visit you in Nigeria than for you to visit him in the UK and they would keep refusing your application. Although there are some exceptions, however, this is rare, where the applicant must have a solid travel history to the UK, Schengen area, USA etc for the ECO to take into consideration. The UK is more concern about reducing net immigration. My 10 cents thoughts.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
Dr9ce:
Ekpotek, justwise, travellland. .pls help a bro. Next week Monday will make it 20 working days since I had my biometrics at tls ikeja. I'm yet to receive a decision mail. The last mail I got was a week after biometrics which was the usual 'application received at Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by the ECO'. Since then no info, I have been tracking on tls site , no show. I sent a mail on Thurs, for which I paid almost £6. No reply as at the time of typing this post. My travel date is close by, what should I do, any idea what may be going on? Thanks! I applied for a standard visitor visa, 6 months.

I would advise you to exercise more patience especially if your reason for visiting is mainly for leisure. Most times when ECOs are verifying documents especially for first timers(are you one?) they take time to scrutinize documents looking for lose ends, when there is none seen the result is often positive

This is also the peak period for UK applications where the work load for ECOs is much. Let's hope your waiting will be worthwhile, however continue tracking your application as it can be released at any time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bdorg(m): 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Dr9ce:

I'm probably in the same shoes as you are however, mine is a renewal... Mine is clocked 21working days yesterday. And the reason for the intended travel is happening tomorrow Sunday. I planned to travel today. Now I can't make the event and still haven't heard any update from Tls.
I've even placed a call to them on Thursday for which I was charged £20. The feedback was that my application was treated on the 23rd of may. The question from me now is why hasnt my passport been returned? My mom also applied a week before mine and she got her visa and passport. Her visa issuance date was 18th and I was able to collect it for her on the 19th meaning it took just one day between issuance and collection. Clearly there appears to be an issue here...

Now I'm under no pressure to collect my passport and distraught at missing my event.

I hope you get to get yours before your planned travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
travelland:

I would advise you to exercise more patience especially if your reason for visiting is mainly for leisure. Most times when ECOs are verifying documents especially for first timers(are you one?) they take time to scrutinize documents looking for lose ends, when there is none seen the result is often positive

This is also the peak period for UK applications where the work load for ECOs is much. Let's hope your waiting will be worthwhile, however continue tracking your application as it can be released at any time
Thank you..I ll exercise more patience and be hopeful.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
bdorg:

I'm probably in the same shoes as you are however, mine is a renewal... Mine is clocked 21working days yesterday. And the reason for the intended travel is happening tomorrow Sunday. I planned to travel today. Now I can't make the event and still haven't heard any update from Tls.
I've even placed a call to them on Thursday for which I was charged £20. The feedback was that my application was treated on the 23rd of may. The question from me now is why hasnt my passport been returned? My mom also applied a week before mine and she got her visa and passport. Her visa issuance date was 18th and I was able to collect it for her on the 19th meaning it took just one day between issuance and collection. Clearly there appears to be an issue here...

Now I'm under no pressure to collect my passport and distraught at missing my event.

I hope you get to get yours before your planned travel date.
Aww, it's painful that u had to miss the event. I hope I get mine on time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
ekpotek:

Any questions that does not apply to your baby. Enter "not applicable" or state "infant traveling with mother" Under amount requested, leave it blank. When you are booking appointment to submit on teleperformances website, you will be able to link the two applications and submit it as a group application.

Ekpotek, Pls help i dont know how to. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Martation: 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Good day my ppl, please need your URGENT help.which application centre(vi/ikeja) is the best for fast processing n possibility of positive response and what is the current fees for 6mths for ikeja and vi.

PLEASE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
Thanks @ekpotek. Please how can I talk to you outside this forum?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
daddysgal2015:

Ekpotek, Pls help i dont know how to. Thanks

What is it that you don't know how to? Booking a group appointment of TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Martation:
Good day my ppl, please need your URGENT help.which application centre(vi/ikeja) is the best for fast processing n possibility of positive response and what is the current fees for 6mths for ikeja and vi.

PLEASE

Both centres have the same processing time as stated on the UKVI website. However, if you can afford the extra charges try VI as you would pay to use the Ikeja centre now. You can also pay for priority services.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by creamyworkz: 4:39am On Jun 05, 2017
I have just recently completed a master's degree in the UK and got an offer for a job. Hence I am looking to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 visa. The company is providing sponsorship and will most likely be makin the application on my behalf. However, on 2 occasions I worked about 23hours a week on tier 4 due to mid-interpretation of the "term-time" in the tier 4 visa rules. I was wondering if there is any possibility that this might have any negative impact on my tier 2 visa application. Has anyone done this before? Your opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

cc justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chelda: 8:05am On Jun 05, 2017
Hello Great minds,

My name is Chelda, a lawyer working in the Federal Civil Service and i'm new on this particular page.

So some months ago with the tremendous advises i received from the greatminds in this Nairaland forum(Canada page) i applied and got approved visa to Canada (first application without travel history) grin now I wish to travel to Canada through London (I want to say hi to co-worker for a week).

Please advice me on which visa to apply for and information on the procedures, the cost and another important extras (the Naija style wink)

God bless your efforts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 9:23am On Jun 05, 2017
Dr9ce:
I got this mail today. What does this mean pls? Justwise, Travelland, Ekpotek.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2017
Chelda:
Hello Great minds,

My name is Chelda, a lawyer working in the Federal Civil Service and i'm new on this particular page.

So some months ago with the tremendous advises i received from the greatminds in this Nairaland forum(Canada page) i applied and got approved visa to Canada (first application without travel history) grin now I wish to travel to Canada through London (I want to say hi to co-worker for a week).

Please advice me on which visa to apply for and information on the procedures, the cost and another important extras (the Naija style wink)

God bless your efforts.

Congrats!! Apply for a standard visit visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2017
Dr9ce:

I got this mail today. What does this mean pls? Justwise, Travelland, Ekpotek.

They are saying that they know it has exceeded the usual 15 working days and they will work on it although they cannot influence the outcome of your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by CaptainCanny: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2017
Today makes it the 18th working day since I applied for a standard visitor's visa. I called the customer care for the Sheffield's Visa Office Friday, I was informed a decision has been made but yet to see an update on TLS site that a decision has been made or it is available for collection. It seems transmission between the visa office and TLS Victoria Island office is slow. 2015 when I last applied(Via TLS Abuja Office) for same visa type and secured it, it wasn't this sluggish, had enough time to purchase a plane ticket for a favorable amount.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:44am On Jun 05, 2017
ekpotek:

Both centres have the same processing time as stated on the UKVI website. However, if you can afford the extra charges try VI as you would pay to use the Ikeja centre now. You can also pay for priority services.

I'm not understanding @the bolded response to the OP. If you can and may please, kindly differentiate properly the two centres and the most likely reasons to pick one over the other, thanks. Regards

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chelda: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2017
travelland:

Congrats!! Apply for a standard visit visa

Thank you so much! But after reading some comments here, i am considering applying for a Long term transit visa.

Please What do you think?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2017
Chelda:
Hello Great minds,

God bless your efforts.

Standard visitor visa for 6 months, multiple entry. Same documents you submitted for your Canadian visa with update on your presence circumstances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
OmoBendel24:

I'm not understanding @the bolded response to the OP. If you can and may please, kindly differentiate properly the two centres and the most likely reasons to pick one over the other, thanks. Regards

Explanations
VI Centre: Submission at this centre was free until April 3 2017. Now you have to pay extra when paying for the visa online
Ikeja Centre: Submission at this centre was user pay service until April 3 2017. Now it's free to submit here

The online application portal will add the additional charges to your visa fees depending on the centre you choice to submit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Chelda:

Thank you so much! But after reading some comments here, i am considering applying for a Long term transit visa.

Please What do you think?

You can't stay for more than 48 hrs with a VIT(Transit visa), since you said you wanted to stay for a few more days I recommend a visit visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nwamieze: 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
Please, I will be travelling and my aunty who is a citizen will provide accomodation for my stay. How can she write the letter stating that she will provide my accomodation during my stay in the UK and does she have to send the letter to the ECO also? Or should she just send a copy for me to appear with for visa appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by highway04: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
nwamieze:
Please, I will be travelling and my aunty who is a citizen will provide accomodation for my stay. How can she write the letter stating that she will provide my accomodation during my stay in the UK and does she have to send the letter to the ECO also? Or should she just send a copy for me to appear with for visa appointment.
Y
mmmae..... Please my people, am back from my seven days visit to UK. I stayed at Broadway Southall Middlesex London. Now i want to apply to visit canada. Please whta is yhe best way to apply for canada and wht are my chances sunce i have visited UK and still have a UK valid visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.