Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,517 members, 7,840,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1540168 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:10pm On May 30, 2017
saiprojects:
I see what you mean but a cover letter was defo included; we should have put pictures, BC etc like you said.. well lessons learnt now, will probably try again even though there was something like a 10 year clause on the letter, which is basically if applied again, it might or might not be granted! We shall see....

Hello Sai,

A cover letter wouldn't be enough; what you needed was an undertaking/sponsorship form which is legally binding between the sponsor and the applicant which is usually signed. The form is somewhere on the site but difficult to find. That way no one will question the authenticity of you sponsoring your mother inlaw.

Albeit you could have included pictures but pictures are not considered when deciding visitor visa applications.

Also your mother inlaw's bank statement reflecting any amount declared wouldn't suffice for her circumstances. If your mother inlaw was not employed (hence no payslips) at the time of application, you needed to have included the source of any money in her bank account. If money sent internationally, then a payment receipt reflecting sender's name and that of the beneficiary. A cover letter stating source of funds would not work either as that would be your word only. Come to think of it, it is naturally questionable seeing funds in an account with no defined source. Look below for a copy of the sponsorship/undertaking form...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 4:42pm On May 30, 2017
Hello all,
I have two questions. Seems like thing shave changed since the last time I applied for a visa for my mum. Before I filled her form and sent it to her and she turned up at the British High commission in Abuja but seems like they have an intermediary company now. I am filling out her form on visa4UK site, do they require an appointment in Abuja with the new TFL site. It's a confusing website on it sown as it says to only create a profile after finishing so I am not sure if she can just turn up or if she requires an appointment. Has anyone applied for a visitor visa recently.

Secondly my Mum will be coming over for a month to help me as I am having a baby. Do you suppose the visa folks would be wondering ,since her application says teacher, how come she is going away for a month, who would teach her kids or if that is not their business. She has a verbal agreement with her school to stay and come back in October and obviously term time starts mid September or am I overthinking this. I am a bit of an overthinker. sorry y'all.

I want o apply for a 5 year visa fo rher so she doesnt have to travel to Abuja everytime she needs to apply. She has been to the UK 3X and had previously had a 6 month visa and a 2 year visa. She has been working with the Feral Government since the 80's.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lilreese: 5:24pm On May 30, 2017
What documents will a self-employed business owner requires ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2017
filcast:
hello house,
I desire to visit the UK and need your advise on how to have successful visa application.
I am married with 3 kids, working with a nationally recognized firm and earn up to N200K monthly.

Also, I was denied both UK and US visa sometime around 2002/2003. Is there a way to find out why I was denied and how it affects my chances this time.

Thanks in advance.

That should be in the refusal letter given to you then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2017
mojolaayeni:
Please educate me on how I can apply for UK visit visa renewal, in which am applying with my child. would I fill a separate from for her, cos I want to apply for 5 years and my child hasn't visited before

Yes you have to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2017
jaypee2017:
Please, I made a Tier 4 dependent application to join my spouse at Ikeja which was refused because I didn't do a TB test. I reapplied at VI, Lagos and submitted my application wednessday and included the TB result. The result of the TB result shows am pregnant, will that be a problem? secondly, applications made in VI, are they determined in Nigeria? and finally, I have not received an email to say my application has been received or sent to the UKVI.

How many months pregnant? It could be an issue as regards to financial requirement because the cost of bringing up that child will be considered since you will not be entitled to benefit.

I don't know where application made in VI is determined but that wouldn't make any difference though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2017
saiprojects:
I see what you mean but a cover letter was defo included; we should have put pictures, BC etc like you said.. well lessons learnt now, will probably try again even though there was something like a 10 year clause on the letter, which is basically if applied again, it might or might not be granted! We shall see....

That sounds like 10yrs ban and you should pay close attention to that to avoid wasting next application fees.

Something might have gone wrong during the first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On May 30, 2017
showstopa:
Hello all,
I have two questions. Seems like thing shave changed since the last time I applied for a visa for my mum. Before I filled her form and sent it to her and she turned up at the British High commission in Abuja but seems like they have an intermediary company now. I am filling out her form on visa4UK site, do they require an appointment in Abuja with the new TFL site. It's a confusing website on it sown as it says to only create a profile after finishing so I am not sure if she can just turn up or if she requires an appointment. Has anyone applied for a visitor visa recently.

Secondly my Mum will be coming over for a month to help me as I am having a baby. Do you suppose the visa folks would be wondering ,since her application says teacher, how come she is going away for a month, who would teach her kids or if that is not their business. She has a verbal agreement with her school to stay and come back in October and obviously term time starts mid September or am I overthinking this. I am a bit of an overthinker. sorry y'all.

I want o apply for a 5 year visa fo rher so she doesnt have to travel to Abuja everytime she needs to apply. She has been to the UK 3X and had previously had a 6 month visa and a 2 year visa. She has been working with the Feral Government since the 80's.

Thanks in advance

Yes she will be given an appointment date for biometric and supporting documents submission .

Verbal agreement is not good enough she needs a written permission from her employer to travel for that long
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by filcast(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2017
justwise:

That should be in the refusal letter given to you then
That's over 14 years ago and I can't remember exactly. Is there any other means of finding out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2017
filcast:
That's over 14 years ago and I can't remember exactly. Is there any other means of finding out?

I don't know of any
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Astonestone: 9:33pm On May 30, 2017
Guys please
I want to apply for uk visa
I've had some visa refusals (not uk) in the past and there is a section to declare it

If I am submitting my documents do I need to submit my refusal letter ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Everray: 11:26pm On May 30, 2017
Guys please I need your advise on this. It is exactly 2months i applied for 6months uk visit visa and Im yet to get email frm ukvi or tls contact. I made an enquiry on the status on the 5/5/2017 and ws told my application has been processed and decison made.And that i should hv gotten an email from the visa application center. i went to tls and ws told they are yet to receive my passport. I did an email to ukvi again and they escalated my case but uptil now they kept telling me they are yet to get any update. Oga Justwise and Gurus in the house pls advise me on what next to do as I hv ran out of idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:03am On May 31, 2017
gracykay:
Justwise, in reply to your question, he visited last Christmas and left 17th January, 2017. And yes, there has been exchange of gifts and cash.
And please while addressing the above, when is most suitable to reapply, can i reapply next month after gathering all the extra documents you all have pointed out? like how much should I have in my savings account?
Thanks.
You can ask him if he still has his flight ticket from his last visit,. it will be helpful for you so that they can use it to determine also when he visited or saw you last.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:12am On May 31, 2017
Batba1:

Yes @justwise thanks for your response. Like the previous commenter mentioned, there are different sections with list of supporting documents. Section 4 is still for visit visa. Plus I don't see a reason why transit visitors might want to add sponsor's utility bill to their application in the first place.
But why did they write bank statements there as well,. I think its for Transit Visa not all visas,if not Bank Statements shouldn't be among them. Justwise is correct.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:15am On May 31, 2017
justwise:
@Batba1

That was under transit visa application and not visiting visa
U are correct because Bank statements is included there. So i think its for transit Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sim2003: 6:23am On May 31, 2017
kindly help me my Diamond Bank and Fcmb bank atm cards are not working at the Uk website..How can i pay the application fee with a Nigerian bank atm?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:04am On May 31, 2017
Hello fam,

There is a slight oversight on the documents listed in section 4. Section 4 is not for transit visa; I repeat, section 4 is not for transit visa. Rather it applies to standard visitor visa still.

Section 1 is for all categories of visas, talking about the standard travel document which enables one travel internationally.

Section 2 shows suggested documents which enable one meat the requirements of appendix V.

Section 3 talks about additional documents for specific types of visitors.

Section 4 lists documents that are not required regardless of what type of visa sought.

A dear fam here said there is 'bank statements' in the list in section 4. Yes and No. It clearly advises not to submit bank statements up to a year old at the time of the application, meaning bank statements must not be older than 6 months old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 8:38am On May 31, 2017
justwise:

Yes she will be given an appointment date for biometric and supporting documents submission .

Verbal agreement is not good enough she needs a written permission from her employer to travel for that long

Thank you for your response Justwise. What I want to know is, who gives the appointment, visa4UK site or tls. I would like to know what the procedure is. Can she select a date on the site that is suitable for her?

Also,not that you can say what is on their mind, what business is it of BHC or TLS whether she has a written or oral permission. I was only wondering if they considered such but I suppose that i sup to them. Thanks for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:41pm On May 31, 2017
showstopa:

Thank you for your response Justwise. What I want to know is, who gives the appointment, visa4UK site or tls. I would like to know what the procedure is. Can she select a date on the site that is suitable for her?

Also,not that you can say what is on their mind, what business is it of BHC or TLS whether she has a written or oral permission. I was only wondering if they considered such but I suppose that i sup to them. Thanks for your response

After filling and submitting the online form at vias4UK. The next step is to pay for visa and associated fees online depending on which TLS centre you choose to submit. Each application form have a reference number. Use this reference number after creating an account on the TLS website/centre selected for submission to book appointment. It is on TLS website that you can book appointment to submit your documents and not on visa4UK site. I hope this clarification helps.

It is onus on the applicant to [b]submit the necessary documentation [/b]to support their visa application. The home office is not in the habit of waivers or giving any benefit of doubt for absence of documents for visit visas. It's important that applicants do not give the ECO any reason to refusal their application based on lack of document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Event20: 12:45pm On May 31, 2017
Hello everyone, i have been a silent follower of this thread since 2015. My appeal was allowed at the the beginning of last month and i am yet to receive a call in letter, is their anyone who has contacts where i can be updated on this issue? Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:54pm On May 31, 2017
Brightingsus:
Hello fam,

There is a slight oversight on the documents listed in section 4. Section 4 is not for transit visa; I repeat, section 4 is not for transit visa. Rather it applies to standard visitor visa still.

Section 1 is for all categories of visas, talking about the standard travel document which enables one travel internationally.

Section 2 shows suggested documents which enable one meat the requirements of appendix V.

Section 3 talks about additional documents for specific types of visitors.

Section 4 lists documents that are not required regardless of what type of visa sought.

A dear fam here said there is 'bank statements' in the list in section 4. Yes and No. It clearly advises not to submit bank statements up to a year old at the time of the application, meaning bank statements must not be older than 6 months old.

Every applicant for UK visit visa should know that the information on list of documents to support your application is only advisory. All visa applicant are required to submit documents that would proof their case as the ECO may not call for an interview. Those sayings that submission of bank statement is not required as stated in U.K. websites, only need to be asked this question "How would the ECO determine your financial home ties? Or convince the ECO that you will not work or recourse to public fund in the U.K. For many applicants who do not have bank account like my aged mother, applying for visit visa for her would require opening an account for her!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:58pm On May 31, 2017
sim2003:
kindly help me my Diamond Bank and Fcmb bank atm cards are not working at the Uk website..How can i pay the application fee with a Nigerian bank atm?

If your dollar cards is not working. Open a paga account. Use of Naira ATM cards for intentional transaction is limited to $100.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:01pm On May 31, 2017
Astonestone:
Guys please
I want to apply for uk visa
I've had some visa refusals (not uk) in the past and there is a section to declare it

If I am submitting my documents do I need to submit my refusal letter ?

No. Just quote the reference number or briefly explain the reasons for the refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 2:39pm On May 31, 2017
ekpotek:

After filling and submitting the online form at vias4UK. The next step is to pay for visa and associated fees online depending on which TLS centre you choose to submit. Each application form have a reference number. Use this reference number after creating an account on the TLS website/centre selected for submission to book appointment. It is on TLS website that you can book appointment to submit your documents and not on visa4UK site. I hope this clarification helps.

It is onus on the applicant to [b]submit the necessary documentation [/b]to support their visa application. The home office is not in the habit of waivers or giving any benefit of doubt for absence of documents for visit visas. It's important that applicants do not give the ECO any reason to refusal their application based on lack of document.

Thanks Ekpotek, That is very clear to me now. Cheers Mate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2017
showstopa:

If your mum is submitting leave letter then there's no need for written letter from her employer but if she is traveling outside her annual leave then a written statement from her employer is a must as it strengthens her tie to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KingAviii(m): 6:16pm On May 31, 2017
Goodday everyone. I am new on this platform. Nice job you guys are doing here. I have just been offered admission to a university in Estonia. Nigeria don't have an Estonia Embassy, so I will be going to the Estonia Embassy in London to obtain my TRP. I would need a United kingdom visa, so I can visit the Embassy of Estonia, London afterwards I head straight to Estonia. My questions are;

1. What kind of visa should I apply for?

2. Can my step father be my sponsor?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:31pm On May 31, 2017
KingAviii:
Goodday everyone. I am new on this platform. Nice job you guys are doing here. I have just been offered admission to a university in Estonia. Nigeria don't have an Estonia Embassy, so I will be going to the Estonia Embassy in London to obtain my TRP. I would need a United kingdom visa, so I can visit the Embassy of Estonia, London afterwards I head straight to Estonia. My questions are;

Thanks

Lolz! You are in Nigeria currently, right? Not a bad idea at all.... It's got to be from the UK, it's the closest and in fact most convenient to use at the material time in question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2017
Hello house, today makes it 17 working days since I applied for a business visit visa and I'm yet to get a decision mail. The last mail I got was on 17th may saying "application was received at Sheffield and the ECO is prepreparing for consideration". I'm supposed to travel by 21st June. I have sent a mail but no reply. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong? Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KingAviii(m): 8:05pm On May 31, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! You are in Nigeria currently, right? Not a bad idea at all.... It's got to be from the UK, it's the closest and in fact most convenient to use at the material time in question.

Thanks bro, I really don't know anything about obtaining a UK visa. My question is what kind of visa can I apply for since I'm just going there to get my TRP before leaving to Estonia.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2017
KingAviii:

Thanks

No Estonia Embassy anywhere in Africa? British embassy will question your intentions since there are Estonia Embassy in Ghana, Egypt etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adams741: 10:33pm On May 31, 2017
Harry have you heard anything about your visa application yet?

harry41:
Thank you for your response. I have to wait then but they could simply call d hospital or ask for evidence from us

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adams741: 10:37pm On May 31, 2017
Hy have you heard anything yet about your visa application?
@Harry41
harry41:
Thank you for your response. I have to wait then but they could simply call d hospital or ask for evidence from us

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.