Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,799 members, 7,837,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1539116 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Astonestone: 1:16am On Jun 01, 2017
ekpotek:

No. Just quote the reference number or briefly explain the reasons for the refusal.

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Everray: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Dr9ce:
Hello house, today makes it 17 working days since I applied for a business visit visa and I'm yet to get a decision mail. The last mail I got was on 17th may saying "application was received at Sheffield and the ECO is prepreparing for consideration". I'm supposed to travel by 21st June. I have sent a mail but no reply. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong? Thanks!

I am also in same situation. Did biometrics April 5th. I sent an email to ukvi and they replied that a decision has been made. They also sent me an email to provide some details for escalation for passport return. Since then, no updates on the escalation. U can send an email to ukvi international enquiries and ask for status of your Visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2017
Everray:

I am also in same situation. Did biometrics April 5th. I sent an email to ukvi and they replied that a decision has been made. They also sent me an email to provide some details for escalation for passport return. Since then, no updates on the escalation. U can send an email to ukvi international enquiries and ask for status of your Visa application.
Thanks, I ll send a mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iamnikky69: 11:13am On Jun 01, 2017
Hi everyone, pls my passport will expire next year May. Can i still apply for a 2yr or 5yr visa with the passport? what happens if they eventually give me. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kaabiyesi100: 11:22am On Jun 01, 2017
Good day pals. Please I am in dire need of help. I lack first hand information on how to go about getting a UK student Visa ( Under Graduate). I was asked to drop my enquirers here.
1) How much does my sponsor need to have when I get her statement
2) Do I need IELTS / TOFEL
3) Do I need to pay my school fees here or when I get there
4) How much is the whole thing going to cost.. Rough estimate.

Please I am looking forward to getting help from this page. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:36am On Jun 01, 2017
iamnikky69:
Hi everyone, pls my passport will expire next year May. Can i still apply for a 2yr or 5yr visa with the passport? what happens if they eventually give me. Thanks

Would advise you to renew your passport first. That's a red light as it will make the Entry Clearance Officer doubt that you would return when you should.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iamnikky69: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2017
So does that mean i'll have to wait till next year before i can renew my visa?

Brightingsus:

Would advise you to renew your passport first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:57am On Jun 01, 2017
iamnikky69:
So does that mean i'll have to wait till next year before i can renew my visa?

Would advise you to renew your passport first. That's a red light as it will make the Entry Clearance Officer doubt that you would return when you should. What I know is you should not use a passport which validity expires before the end of the term of the visa sought unless it is a settlement visa. Nevertheless I'll allow the more experienced on this forum answer the second bit of your question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
Brightingsus:

Would advise you to renew your passport first. That's a red light as it will make the Entry Clearance Officer doubt that you would return when you should. What I know is you should not use a passport which validity expires before the end of the term of the visa sought unless it is a settlement visa. Nevertheless I'll allow the more experienced on this forum answer the second bit of your question.

And if it were an application for the 5years visa? What then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
iamnikky69:

You don't need to renew your passport and you can apply for 2 or 5yrs visa with your current passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Brightingsus:

Would a[b]dvise you to renew your passport first. That's a red light as it will make the Entry Clearance Officer doubt that you would return when you should. What I know is you should not use a passport which validity expires before the end of the term of the visa sought unless it is a settlement visa.[/b] Nevertheless I'll allow the more experienced on this forum answer the second bit of your question.

Can you provide a link where you read that from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Kaabiyesi100:
Good day pals. Please I am in dire need of help. I lack first hand information on how to go about getting a UK student Visa ( Under Graduate). I was asked to drop my enquirers here.
1) How much does my sponsor need to have when I get her statement
2) Do I need IELTS / TOFEL
3) Do I need to pay my school fees here or when I get there
4) How much is the whole thing going to cost.. Rough estimate.

Please I am looking forward to getting help from this page. Thanks.

This is the right thread for your question https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Read it for answers to your question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Dear Justwise & Ekpotek

Thank you for your help and answers to my DM(s). I just picked up my passport with visa.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
missoredipe:
Dear Justwise & Ekpotek

Thank you for your help and answers to my DM(s). I just picked up my passport with visa.

Many thanks

Congratulations! Enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beautifulswan: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
missoredipe:
Dear Justwise & Ekpotek

Many thanks
congratulations! If you don't mind please when did you apply and which of the centres?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iamnikky69: 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thanks for the info

justwise:

You don't need to renew your passport and you can apply for 2 or 5yrs visa with your current passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Beautifulswan:
congratulations! If you don't mind please when did you apply and which of the centres?

Online Application May 4th
Biometrics May 10th
Decision mail & collection June 1st
Application centre - Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
missoredipe:

Online Application May 4th
Biometrics May 10th
Decision mail & collection June 1st
Application centre - Abuja

Was that on priority service or standard visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Brightingsus:

Was that on priority service or standard visa application?

Standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Brightingsus:

No that not correct. The only requirement is that your passport must have at least 6 months validity at the time of application. Since your passport will expire in May next year, your can use it to apply for 2 years or 5 years. I have a current 5 years UK visa on my passport valid till 2022, while my passport will expire in 2019.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
missoredipe:
Dear Justwise & Ekpotek

Many thanks

Congratulations! I am happy for you. Enjoy your vacation. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
ekpotek:

No that not correct. The only requirement is that your passport must have at least 6 months validity at the time of application. Since your passport will expire in May next year, your can use it to apply for 2 years or 5 years. I have a current 5 years UK visa on my passport valid till 2022, while my passport will expire in 2019.

Like I pointed out I gave my opinion but still gave the room for more clarifications from those more experienced.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossNation(m): 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
please justwise help me look into this matter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossNation(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
BossNation:
Hello Nlanders, I won't wanna bore you all with stories so lemme just go straight to the point.Am ayo by name and am gonna be 17 byJune next month. My dad was born and bred in Nigeria and has been in UK for the past 20 years or so. and he is now a British citizen.well I happen to be born in Nigeria and am currently in 200level in a university here in nigeria and a patriotic citizen.I love my country.But I decided the last time my dad cameto Nigeria that I wanna leave Nigeria so we both went to the consulate office in cms and we were told that I need to go for tuberculosis test and English test.I happen to be the intelligent type so mydad was like I should try and sort myselfout as regards applying for the visa.I paid 47,500 for the tuberculosis test last week and I did the test yesterday at Issac John street Ikeja and am planning to pay for the English test next week.Dear Nlanders After concluding the test I don't know the needed documents again to conjoin so as not to be refused visa and I also wanna know how long itsgonna take before it can be approved.as well as detailed steps to take cos am a novice to this.Thanks in anticipating your responseGod bless
justwise and everyone please I need a response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 10:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hi @justwise @ekpotec and the other gurus on here. Please do we need any other documents apart from these for my mums application (53years old retiree)?:

-Her passport

-Our passports

-Joint Invitation letter

-Joint account statement showing the money we saved for her trip (1 month statement)

-My spouse's 6 months payslips

-My spouse's 6 months bank statement showing how money goes into our joint account (bulk of the money coming from my this account

-My 1 month bank statement showing my contribution to the joint account as I just registered and started trading as self employed (still expecting my unique tax code from HMRC).

-Letter from the occupant of the house shel be living in (8 mins drive from our house) for the duration of her visit stating she can stay there for the duration (We have a one bedroom apartment now but currently looking for a two bedroom apartment as we are expecting and we think it might not be ideal for her application).

PLEASE NOTE:
We are planning on applying for two years visa for her so she can easily reuse later without making another application after this visit. She's been here to visit before in 2012 for one month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 02, 2017
missoredipe:

Online Application May 4th Biometrics May 10th Decision mail & collection June 1st Application centre - Abuja
congratulations
Please where you sent a mail to come pick up your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2017
eosigwe:

congratulations

Please where you sent a mail to come pick up your passport?

Yes, I got a mail from TLS contact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
BossNation:
please justwise help me look into this matter

Dude, your situation is not easy at all. What you need is a settlement visa for a child of a British Citizen. The earlier you start the process, the better before you turn 18 and become an adult. You father would need to sponsor your application. All you need is documents to proof that he is your father eg birth certificate with your father name. etc. You may even have to do DNA test. I suggest you see an immigration lawyer for more professional advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Engineer3: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello Guru's in the house. I would like to know if I can use 5 months Bank Statement to apply for UK standard Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stanleych007: 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Please gurus can I apply with a 5months bank statement and I was denied a visa 4years ago while I was working with a different firm, I have since moved to another company which I have valid bank statement showing my salary deposits, Can I still apply considering my new status? Urgent response needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 03, 2017
Hello Guys, I would be travelling to the UK for the first time next week for legit business, I have a passport I have never travelled with before and I was once denied a UK VISA on that passport, note that I never used that passport to travel and it has expired, do I need to carry it with me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2017
Engineer3:
Hello Guru's in the house. I would like to know if I can use 5 months Bank Statement to apply for UK standard Visa.

No it must be 6 months unless the account is less than 6 months old. This you must explain in a cover note.

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.