Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shugachris: 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
since April 4th till date am yet to receive my passport nor see the decision made on my application. have gone to TLC and called still decision not made what do I do?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by k12cambell: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2017
Can I get ur contact. Plz
justwise:

Unfortunately you have been scammed, if i were you i will ask that they cancel that application and return your passport.

Getting a visa to work with children in the UK is almost impossible if you don't have a proven profile in that job, you need to do an extensive CRB to be able to get such job.

1.The UK work visa cost more than 61K

2. Nothing like health insurance what you pay is health subcharge which is £200 a year, so its £400 for that 2yrs visa and not 18K they collected from you.

3. Yes biometric is a must.

4. Your friend's uncle can't just send sponsorship letter, what is needed certificate of sponsorship and it comes from the homeoffice.

This whole thing is a scam, take your mind off it and i hope you don't get fake visa stamp on that passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2017
k12cambell:
Can I get ur contact. Plz

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tobey2ng(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2017
drgodson:

Thanks a lot justwise. I really do appreciate.

Retrieving a chat history of 2014 is a big challenge atm, be it on BBM or whatsapp and same for call logs, this is primarily due to misplaced, spoilt or lost phones, moreso 3yrs is a long time.
what would you suggest we do in this case? We are thinking of writing a cover letter to explain this.
Again, would you advise we wait a month or 2 before reapplying as we don't want to appear too desperate.
Will EEA family permit benefit from a Priority service?
From your wealth of experience, how many pictures can u suggest cuz i'v got over a 100?
Asides boarding passes, we've decided to add immigration stamps (on arrival and exit from Nigeria) + e-ticket.

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.
You can screen shot your chats and print. This is more presentable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2017
TWoods:

Huh? You've misplaced, spoilt and lost that many phones in 3 years? Also in this age of smart phones, its easy to back up your phone (infact apple allows you to do this automatically and you can actually retrieve your chat logs on the internet!) from one to another. I have been able to maintain the same contacts list and chat logs for more than 5 years now. I can see why the officer is leery of your claims.

Thanks so much for your valuable contribution.
I never really backed up my phones @ any point.. my bad.
Is it still possible I retrieve my chat logs on the Internet?? If yes, how?
Thanks a lot once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 11:17am On Jun 19, 2017
tobey2ng:

You can screen shot your chats and print. This is more presentable

Thanks a lot and I really do appreciate your input.
Would you advise a colored print out instead?
Peradventure, I get all my chats dating back to 2014, would you advice I just screen shot 1 or 2 chats of each month till date?
Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2017
uptown17:

have you maintained the same mobile line all through those years? how about you approach ur service provider to get your call logs if you both have been calling via your direct lines

Thanks a lot for your contribution.
Well, I've switched btwn all the 4 major lines. 3 of which are still active. Most of our calls are via viber, skype and whatsapp. We had a few direct calls as well.
I'm planning to approach them and I really hope they can help retrieve call logs of 2014.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ihejuruobic: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
Plz and plz I need a quick response to my questions..... I want to apply for a visitor visa in the UK, my elder brother is inviting me over and I want to apply for it this week, he is the one sponsoring everything so my question is.....is my statement of account really important? As he is the one sponsoring my stay. I have close to nothing in my account....am single with a menial teaching job, plz I need a quick and sincere response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] I wonder why nobody is responding to my question
Good morning my people
I heard UK center in Victoria island now charge extra fees, how much exactly is it?
And I plan to visit the UK for Xmas and New Year, when is the best time to apply, as I've seen a requirement that says not more than three months from the day you're planning to travel, thank for your helpful responses.
PLS RESPOND!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ihejuruobic:
Plz and plz I need a quick response to my questions..... I want to apply for a visitor visa in the UK, my elder brother is inviting me over and I want to apply for it this week, he is the one sponsoring everything so my question is.....is my statement of account really important? As he is the one sponsoring my stay. I have close to nothing in my account....am single with a menial teaching job, plz I need a quick and sincere response

Your statement of account is a MUST. It does not matter he is the one sponsoring you. The documents which he would provide to buttress he is the one to sponsor you does not help your status in Nigeria.

Your brother cannot convince the ECO that you would return to Nigeria after the visit. The onus is on you which would bother on your bank statements with good balance and other documents to establish your ties in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
[color=#990000][/color] I wonder why nobody is responding to my question
Good morning my people
I heard UK center in Victoria island now charge extra fees, how much exactly is it?
And I plan to visit the UK for Xmas and New Year, when is the best time to apply, as I've seen a requirement that says not more than three months from the day you're planning to travel, thank for your helpful responses.
PLS RESPOND!

I do not quite know how much the fees are for VI, however the Ikeja does not charge now.

You should apply not more than 3 months before your proposed travel date. The Gov.uk site says 15 working days to reach decision on your visa application. This is only advisory as some people have experienced delays. So how straightforward your application and supporting documents are would determine how quickly a decision would be made. However aim to give yourself like two months; so even if it delays you should get passport back in time.

Read this thread back and observe delays experienced by applicants.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwalewa92(f): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
good day everyone. I Retrieved my passport today and I was refused. I feel like the Eco didn't go tru my application at all cos he/she misinterpretated my application. I stated clearly that I was the one solely funding my application and that my aunt is only my host. But in the refusal letter, the eco said I stated that my aunt was d one sponsoring the trip.
in my travel budget, I even included feeding expenses. I had about 1.150m in d acc statement I submitted. Plus all relevant document from my aunt. I even stated I spent about 120 pounds monthly, but the refusal letter says 80pounds.
Here is the list of the docs I submitted
passport
bank statement (6months)
6 months payslip
leave approval letter from work
appointment letter from work
reference letter from work
personal income tax card
employment letter
my aunt's bio data page
invitation letter from my aunt
her utility bill and mortgage.

I don't understand, I have a job, not been married or a prior travel experience shouldn't be a criteria for refusal. Even I have been ghana early this year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
HI All,
sorry to bother, but has anyone been on the visa4uk site recently. I need to know that I am not getting wrong info.
I still cannot see any dates in July and only a couple date sin June.
Does June need to be fully booked for July to open.

Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
justwise pls Epppppppp
uptown17:
house please help with my questions

my mum wants to apply for UK visa. she has a registered business (1994) but she doesnt maintain an account in the business name nor was she filing tax returns. In the past 1 year she does little/no trading in the business name. we intend travelling together, i have a running visa from years baq. her husband is late

1. do i claim she is into her business and submit her personal bank stmt with no tax returns OR
2. do i just say she is retired and be her sponsor? if so. should i include her bank stmt alongside mine still or mine alone will suffice?
3. for proof of ties, will her landed documents suffice?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tobey2ng(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
drgodson:

Thanks a lot and I really do appreciate your input.
Would you advise a colored print out instead?
Peradventure, I get all my chats dating back to 2014, would you advice I just screen shot 1 or 2 chats of each month till date?
Thanks a lot.
Colored printing is not bad. Shot the aspect where you started the relationship and when you are preparing for your wedding likewise chats on your visa process. Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
tobey2ng:

Colored printing is not bad. Shot the aspect where you started the relationship and when you are preparing for your wedding likewise chats on your visa process. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot @tobey.
Will keep the house updated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
iwalewa92:
[color=#990000][/color]
good day everyone. I Retrieved my passport today and I was refused. I feel like the Eco didn't go tru my application at all cos he/she misinterpretated my application. I stated clearly that I was the one solely funding my application and that my aunt is only my host. But in the refusal letter, the eco said I stated that my aunt was d one sponsoring the trip.
in my travel budget, I even included feeding expenses. I had about 1.150m in d acc statement I submitted. Plus all relevant document from my aunt. I even stated I spent about 120 pounds monthly, but the refusal letter says 80pounds.
passport
bank statement (6months)
6 months payslip
personal income tax card
employment letter
my aunt's bio data page

I don't understand, I have a job, not been married or a prior travel experience shouldn't be a criteria for refusal. Even I have been ghana early this year.

The refusal is clearly stated,You propose to spend £1700 on your trip which is an equivalent of your 4 months salary,where as you have an equivalent of your 6 months salary as your account balance,when next you are applying try and cut down your estimated budget to less than 500k and see what comes out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
justwise:

You did not submit enough evidence to convince the ECO that your marriage is genuine, you claimed that he visited you in Nigeria 5times but you only submitted one boarding pass, what happened to the rest?

4 wedding pictures alone is far too little, did you not take pictures during those visit to Nigeria?

Your chat history you submitted again is not convincing, for a relationship that lasted for 3yrs you should have pages and pages of chat/calls history.

Good evening @justwise.
pls, i'm currently not employed. Just rounded up my housemanship last month. Could this affect my application or should I still maintain that am employed? Mind you in the last application I didn't submit any evidence with rgds to my employment and the ECO didn't mention it as one of the reasons for refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
iwalewa92:
[color=#990000][/color]
good day everyone. I Retrieved my passport today and I was refused. I feel like the Eco didn't go tru my application at all cos he/she

Hi, It is not safe to post much personal data online. Better remove your letter! You can repost after removing personal data from the letter.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by boldinc(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys... Well done everyone.

Quick question please, I would like to know if applying as a family, my wife and I would need to create separate accounts and also pay separately. Our son doesn't need a visa (American citizen).

Also, do we get to go for the submission together.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwalewa92(f): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
bigbus:

Hi, It is not safe to post much personal data online. Better remove your letter! You can repost after removing personal data from the letter.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwalewa92(f): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Solatium:

The refusal is clearly stated,You propose to spend £1700 on your trip which is an equivalent of your 4 months salary,where as you have an equivalent of your 6 months salary as your account balance,when next you are applying try and cut down your estimated budget to less than 500k and see what comes out

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
iwalewa92:
[color=#990000][/color]
passport
bank statement (6months)
6 months payslip
personal income tax card
employment letter
my aunt's bio data page

From my understanding, your application was not comprehensive enough. 9 out of 10, there is a very high probability that 'host' is understood as sponsor. You went ahead to include the biodata, invitation letter, utility bill and mortgage docs of your aunt. This only suggests she is your sponsor. Only you know your intentions and it remains in you until there is a satisfactory evidence backing any claims you have.

From your finances, it seems you are giving away 4 months of your salary for a holiday. The ECO would question your intent to visit. If it's not very concrete and substantial, then the intent could be questionable. Again, from your DOB, you should be full of energy and nothing stops you from seeking employment in th UK which is not allowed. This obviously is not your desire but you failed to convince the ECO otherwise. Including bank statement and payslips et al does not suggest you would return to same job. You might as well desire to seek employment elsewhere and nothing ties you to your current job. So the ECO did not see any ties to Nigeria.

You might not have any properties to your name, or even rent; hence it becomes more difficult to secure a visa BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I believe you did not include your economic ties or your family background to establish you have family in Nigeria. Even if you did, you did not include proof.

You could have benefitted from being explicit to establish what 'host' meant. If you meant your aunt would house you, why then did you include feeding expenses? It might be assumed that the person that houses you might feed you. On the other hand, if your aunt were to house you, did you include any proof of your aunt's capability to do so. This could come in form of her bank statements too. So the ECO is not certain you would be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.

I am not quite clear which bank statements you included, whether yours or your aunty's.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwalewa92(f): 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Brightingsus:

From my understanding, your application was not comprehensive enough. 9 out of 10, there is a very high probability that 'host' is understood as sponsor. You went ahead to include the biodata, invitation letter, utility bill and mortgage docs of your aunt. This only suggests she is your sponsor. Only you know your intentions and it remains in you until there is a satisfactory evidence backing any claims you have.

From your finances, it seems you are giving away 4 months of your salary for a holiday. The ECO would question your intent to visit. If it's not very concrete and substantial, then the intent could be questionable. Again, from your DOB, you should be full of energy and nothing stops you from seeking employment in th UK which is not allowed. This obviously is not your desire but you failed to convince the ECO otherwise. Including bank statement and payslips et al does not suggest you would return to same job. You might as well desire to seek employment elsewhere and nothing ties you to your current job. So the ECO did not see any ties to Nigeria.

You might not have any properties to your name, or even rent; hence it becomes more difficult to secure a visa BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I believe you did not include your economic ties or your family background to establish you have family in Nigeria. Even if you did, you did not include proof.

You could have benefitted from being explicit to establish what 'host' meant. If you meant your aunt would house you, why then did you include feeding expenses? It might be assumed that the person that houses you might feed you. On the other hand, if your aunt were to house you, did you include any proof of your aunt's capability to do so. This could come in form of her bank statements too. So the ECO is not certain you would be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.

I am not quite clear which bank statements you included, whether yours or your aunty's.

Thank you sir, I don't have any property to my name but I have a rent to my name. I didn't know I was meant to include that, but I included my bank statement.
Anyways, I Don accept my fate. I might try again next year. But will you advice I put together by then.
thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
Brightingsus:

In addition to comments by @Solatrium and @Brightinsus. What killed your application was your intention to spend £1700 when you monthly salary is less than £500. The ECO is this as a desperation on your part. Beside you did not provide evidence how you were able to save over N1.35 million from your salary alone as questioned by the ECO. If you have other sources of income besides your salary of N200000, you can reapply and provide documentation addressing your bank statement. However, if truly you have no other sources of income, then in reapplying your budget should not be more than N600K assuming you are able to save N100K per month. The documents from your aunt is okay.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwalewa92(f): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=ekpotek post=57670960]

In addition to comments by @Solatrium and @Brightinsus. What killed your application was your intention to spend £1700 when you monthly salary is less than £500. The ECO is this as a desperation on your part. Beside you did not provide evidence how you were able to save over N1.35 million from your salary alone as questioned by the ECO. If you have other sources of income besides your salary of N200000, you can reapply and provide documentation addressing your bank statement. However, if truly you have no other sources of income, then in reapplying your budget should not be more than N600K assuming you are able to save N100K per month. The documents from your aunt is okay. [/quote

Thanks ekpotek. Id reduce the budget as you suggested cause I do not have any other source of income..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=iwalewa92 post=57671368][/quote].

In that case you will need to work on your home ties to convince the ECO that you will return after your visit. More importantly, include a cover letter to address all the issued raise in your refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by k12cambell: 2:15am On Jun 20, 2017
Ok.. thanks
justwise:

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tobey2ng(m): 3:50am On Jun 20, 2017
drgodson:

Thanks a lot @tobey. Will keep the house updated.
You are welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:40am On Jun 20, 2017
drgodson:

Good evening @justwise.
pls, i'm currently not employed. Just rounded up my housemanship last month. Could this affect my application or should I still maintain that am employed? Mind you in the last application I didn't submit any evidence with rgds to my employment and the ECO didn't mention it as one of the reasons for refusal.

Your employment status does not really matter as EEA applicant because you are not the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:45am On Jun 20, 2017
uptown17:
house please help with my questions

my mum wants to apply for UK visa. she has a registered business (1994) but she doesnt maintain an account in the business name nor was she filing tax returns. In the past 1 year she does little/no trading in the business name. we intend travelling together, i have a running visa from years baq. her husband is late

1. do i claim she is into her business and submit her personal bank stmt with no tax returns OR
2. do i just say she is retired and be her sponsor? if so. should i include her bank stmt alongside mine still or mine alone will suffice?
3. for proof of ties, will her landed documents suffice?

Thank you

1. Submit your mother's situation as truthful as you can and avoid making false claim that you can't support.

3. Yes you can include landed property.

Who is sponsoring the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2017
if i claim she is retired, i will sponsor the trip. if i claim she has a business she will sponsor herself
justwise:

1. Submit your mother's situation as truthful as you can and avoid making false claim that you can't support.

3. Yes you can include landed property.

Who is sponsoring the trip?

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.